/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm new.

lpmbt
08-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Peace be with you!

Hi to all. I am a middle-aged widow from Ohio, U.S.A., and I am a Catholic Christian. My e-mail address is afghansquare@yahoo.com. I joined this group because I am considering marrying a Muslim gentleman, and I occasionally have questions about his faith that he has difficulty explaining to me. He speaks Arabic and only a little English. I speak no Arabic.

Laurie Taylor

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
08-07-2005, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Welcome to LI. :)

:w:

- Qatada -
08-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey welcome to the forum.

mash Allah thats really good.. insh Allah you'll benefit from this forum and if you have any questions, please dont be afraid to ask.

Peace

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 11:42 PM
:welcome:
how then do you communicate if you don't speak the same language?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mainul_Islam
08-08-2005, 05:38 AM
wa alaikum assalaam (and with you be peace).

i was wondering the same thing.. hehe... sign language?? lol

inshAllah (if God wills), you will learn a lot about Islam here. (im not too sure yet, since im new to this forum)

Ataraxis
08-11-2005, 05:32 AM
:welcome: to LI! Inshallah (if God wants), your stay will be quite beneficial ;)

Rabi'ya
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Assalamualaikum

welcome to the forum....

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:

hewwa
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
assallamu allaikum

to brothers and sisters, inshallah i will joy this form

fi amaan ullah

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib
Hey welcome to the forum.

mash Allah thats really good.. insh Allah you'll benefit from this forum and if you have any questions, please dont be afraid to ask.

Peace
Thanks so much!

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saido
:welcome:
how then do you communicate if you don't speak the same language?
We communicate well ourselves with him using the little English he knows. We are both reasonably patient people, which is good because some repetition is necessary. Sometimes it is very funny to me (but mortifying to him), like when he said he loves me because I have a "pig heart." Apparently the letters used in English B and P are often switched in an Arab's writing and speaking. It gets easier to listen to him talk when I simply spell in my head what it sounds like he's saying, then read in my head the right pronunciation. I always assume that he means something good. I never wish to assume that he means to hurt me in any way, and I think that helps.

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Welcome to LI. :)

:w:
Thank you!

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
wa alaikum assalaam (and with you be peace).

i was wondering the same thing.. hehe... sign language?? lol

inshAllah (if God wills), you will learn a lot about Islam here. (im not too sure yet, since im new to this forum)
Well, I did say, "He speaks Arabic and only a little English." That means he speaks a little English, and that's how we communicate. He wants me to teach him more English, and he wants to teach me Arabic. We've been working on it a little.

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Hi

Welcome to the forums :)

Hope u hv a beneficial stay here :)

Peace !
Thank you.

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aerious
:welcome: to LI! Inshallah (if God wants), your stay will be quite beneficial ;)
Thank you.

lpmbt
08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Assalamualaikum

welcome to the forum....

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:
Thank you.

SalafiFemaleJih
08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Hello,

welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

If you have any questions about Islam...ask our talented brothers and sisters on this forums. Without em i was long way lost :(

u just gotta love em man : )

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!