MUHAMMAD IBN IBRAAHEEM AAL ASH-SHAYKH
Taken from: fatwa-online.com
Reviewed, corrected and adapted by: www.asaala.com
Name, birth and childhood:
He was Abu 'Abdul-'Azeez Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem Ibn 'Abdul-Lateef Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Hasan Ibn Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhaab At-Tameemi.
He was born in Riyadh on the 17th of Muharram in the year 1311 A.H./1890 C.E.
He was raised in a righteous environment in Riyadh, under the guidance of his father, Shaykh Ibraaheem Ibn 'Abdul-Lateef who was a judge at that time. Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem completed the memorization of the Qur'an at the age of 11 years. He lost his sight when he was 16 years old. However this did not hinder his determination (to seek knowledge), rather, he continued to attend the lectures of the scholars of his time.
His pursuing knowledge
He studied with his father and his uncle, Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdul-Lateef, who was a famous scholar of his time, in Najd. Whilst in the company of his father and uncle, he memorized several texts in Islamic Law and the Arabic language. He also studied fiqh and mustalah al-hadeeth (science of hadeeth) with Shaykh Sa'd Ibn 'Ateeq, and studied the various aspects of the Arabic language from Shaykh Hamad Ibn Faaris.
Among his teachers other than those mentioned were:
- Sheikh Abdul-Rahman bin Mufaireej, who helped him in memorizing the Qur'an.
- Sheikh Abdullaah bin Rashid, who taught him the science of faraa'id.
- Sheikh Muhammad bin Abdul Aziz bin Maani'.
HIS VARIOUS POSTS AND POSITIONS
He undertook several government appointments, in addition to his efforts in teaching, passing fatwa and giving khutbah, such as:
- He was appointed as a judge in Ghutghut for six months.
- He was appointed as an Imam in mosques where he used to teach and give khutbas.
- He was appointed as a general Muftee for the KSA.
- He also held the following posts; Head of Academic Institutions, Head of the Judiciary, the founder of the Islamic University of Madeenah, at al-Madeenah an-Nabawiyyah, Head of Academic Institutions for girls, and other (such) positions.
Several senior scholars graduated from having studied with him, amongst them:
- Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Humayd,
- Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz
- Shaykh Sulayman Ibn 'Ubayd, and other than them.
Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem passed away on Wednesday 24th of Ramadhaan 1389 A.H./1968 C.E. at the age of 78 years. May Allah have mercy upon his soul.
He left behind a large collection of fataawa and treatises that have been printed in several books and journals.