View Full Version : Warning against Weak and Fabricated Hadeeths

Abu-Muadh
05-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Warning against

Weak and Fabricated Hadeeths

(1 of 2)

Translated by: www.asaala.com

Imaam al-Albaanee said in as-Silsilah ad-Da'eefah (1/47-51):
Among the calamities that befell the Muslims since the early times was the spreading of weak and fabricated hadeeths among them. And I do not exclude anyone among them, even their scholars; except for those whom Allah willed among the Imaams of Hadeeth like al-Bukhaaree, Ahmad, Ibn Mu'een, Abu Haatim ar-Raazee, and others.

The spreading of these hadeeths led to much blight; some of them are related to the unseen matters of the 'aqeedah, and others are related to the legislative matters; and the dear reader shall see lots of examples of what we claim on lots of the following hadeeths if it is God's Will.

And it is out of Allah's Wisdom not to let these hadeeths spread among Muslims without sending some people who would unveil the hidden truth and make clear their nature to other people; these people are the scholars of hadeeth and the holders of the Sunnah whom the Prophet—may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him—invoked his Lord for them saying: "May Allah make bright a man who hears my saying, understands it, memorizes it, and transmits it to others. Perhaps one will transmit fiqh to who is more knowledgeable than him.

Thus, those scholars—may Allah reward them for the good—clarified the state of most of these hadeeths regarding their being authentic, weak, or fabricated. They also established the foundations of the science of principles of hadeeth, by which one can know the degree of any hadeeth.

And some later authors among them wrote special books to show the state of the Hadeeths, the most famous and larger of which is al-Maqasidul-Hasanah fee Baiani Katheerin minal-Ahaadeethil-Mushtahirati 'alal-Alsinah of al-Haafidh as-Sakhaawee. Likewise, the books of takhreej (i.e. verification) show the state of the hadeeths which are included in the books of whom are not among the people of hadeeth; and they also show the state of that which has no origins among those hadeeths like Nasbur-Raayah li Ahaadeethil-Hidaayah of al-Haafidh az-Zayla'ee, al-Mughnee 'an Hamlil-Asfaar fil-Asfaar fee takhreeji maa fil-Ihyaa'i minal-Akhbaar of al-Haafidh al-'Iraaqee, at-Talkheesul-Habeer fee Takhreeji Ahaadeethir-Raafi'il-Kabeer and Takhreeju Ahaadeethil-Kashaaf of al-Haafidh Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalaanee, and Takhreeju Ahaadeethish-Shifaa of Sheikh as-Suyootee. And all of them are printed.

Although these scholars—may Allah reward them for the good—had made the way easier for the next scholars and students of knowledge so that they can know the degree of the hadeeths in these books and the like, we can see that those later scholars and students of knowledge—unfortunately—turned away from reading those aforementioned books, and so they failed to know the state of the hadeeths which they took from their scholars; or they may read such hadeeths in some books that did not pay much attention to the degree of hadeeths. Accordingly, we rarely listen to a preaching, lecture, or sermon that does not contain some weak or fabricated hadeeths, because of which the speakers may come under the Prophet's saying: "And whoever tells a lie against me intentionally , then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire." An authentic, Mutawaatir hadeeth

Thus, they lied against the Prophet—peace be upon him—even though they did not do it directly as they transmitted all the hadeeths that they read, while they knew that such hadeeths may contain that which is weak and completely lied ones. The Prophet—peace be upon him—had made reference to that meaning in his saying:

"It is going to be considered lying when the man tells about everything he hears (without verification) ". (Reported by Muslim in the introduction of his Saheeh (1/8) and others from Abu Huraira.)

And it was reported from Imaam Maalik that he said:
"You should know that a man who told about everything he heard will not be free from participating in lying and/or taking his share of punishment, and that he could never be an Imaam as he speaks of all that he hears without verification ".
Ibn Hibbaan said also in his Saheeh, p. 27, "Section: mentioning the ordainment of entering the Hellfire for who ascribes something to the Prophet—peace be upon him—that which he does not know its authenticity". Then he narrated from Abu Huraira marfoo'an (i.e. traceable in ascending order of hadeeth up to the Prophet):

"Who tells from me that which I did not say, then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire". Its chain is Hasan and its origin is in the two Saheehs in a similar wording.

Then he said: "mentioning the narration that approves of the authenticity of what we referred to in the previous section". After that he narrated from Samurah Ibn Jundub that The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

"Who tells from me that which seems to be lying, then he is one of the Liars".
And this is an authentic hadeeth that Muslim reported along with its chain of narrators in the introduction of his Saheeh (1/7) from the narration of Samurah and al-Mugheerah bin Shu'bah, and he said: "This is a famous Hadeeth".

Ibn Hibbaan also said: "mentioning another narration that approves of what we referred to". Then he narrated the first hadeeth of Abu Huraira.

Thus, it goes without saying that one should not spread any hadeeth, unless he makes sure of the degree of authenticity of it, because doing so would be lying against the Prophet—peace be upon him—who said:
"Lying against me is not in any way like lying against anyone else, because whosoever lies against me intentionally, then let him occupy his seat in the Hellfire", reported by Muslim and others.

And because of the importance of such matter, we thought that we can contribute in bringing close the hadeeths that we hear or read nowadays among those hadeeths that may be fabricated or of no true origins, and we hope that this will be a sort of advice or warning for those who may remember or fear Allah. And we will not follow a certain ordering in mentioning these hadeeths; rather we will just mention them anyway.

Source: http://asaala.net/viewSunnaTopics.php?sunnaTopicID=1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dishdash
05-05-2007, 02:33 PM
The irony.

mujahidah..
05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Asslamau alaikum, if anyone wants to know more about "fabricated hadiths" then i recommend you to read the book " 100 FABRICATED HADITH" BY SHAIKH ABDULLAH FAISAL.
wasalaam:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.