/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating With Three Fingers And Licking Them....

chacha_jalebi
05-05-2007, 05:41 PM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

elo ello

remem the joke... your so poor you go kfc and lick other peoples fingers :p

well licking fingers is a good thin :D

because . . .

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When one of you finishes eating, he should not wipe his fingers until he has licked them himself or has given them to someone else to lick for him.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Ka`b bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I saw Messenger of Allah (PBUH) eating with three fingers (i.e., the thumb, the index finger and the middle finger) and licking them after having finished the food.
[Muslim]

there is blessing in the food, i.e . . .

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) commanded the licking of fingers and the gleaning of the dish, saying, "You do not know in which portion the blessing lies.''
[Muslim]

so thats why we lick our fingers because we dont know which part the blessin is in, so to get the blessin we lick them all:statisfie theres blessin from Allah (swt) in all we do :shade:

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said"When a morsel of any of you falls, he should pick it up and remove any of the dirt on it and then eat it, and should not leave it for Satan nor should wipe his hand with towel until he has licked his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of the food the blessing lies.''
[Muslim]

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Satan appears at every thing done by you; he appears even at one's dinner. When a morsel of any of you falls, he should pick it up and remove any dirt on it, and then eat it. He should not leave it for Satan, nor should he wipe his hand with the towel until he has licked his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of the food the blessing lies.''
[Muslim]

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Whenever Messenger of Allah (PBUH) ate food, he would lick his three fingers and say, "If anyone of you drops a morsel of food, he should remove any dirt that may have stuck on it and then eat it, and should not leave it for Satan.'' He (PBUH) also commanded us that we should glean the pot, saying, "You do not know in which part of your food the blessings lies.''
[Muslim]

these hadiths show we shouldnt throw food that has fallen on the floor away, we blow the dirt way and eat it up!!

hope this was beneficial :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
05-05-2007, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
remem the joke... your so poor you go kfc and lick other peoples fingers :p
WTH?! Never heard of that one..but it is kinda jokes :p...

JazakAllaah Khayr for the post Bro, did you compile it???

:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2007, 05:50 PM
:sl:

MashAllah! It is benefical for us...I have done it every time when I have dinners.:statisfie

:w:

Fi Amani Allah

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 02:27 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

JazakAllah you forgot the diggidy.. bit :-\ (The part i like in your posts)

Erm..

Eating Habits

Stop your Play, it's time to eat,
Come wash your hands and take a seat
Before you start though, bring to mind,
The mercy of Allah who is so kind.

So begin in the name of Allah,
By always saying Bismillah,
Don't dish out more than you can eat,
For Muslims shouldn't over eat.

And one thing you must understand,
It's good to eat with your right hand,
Never stuff your mouth with food,
That would surely be most rude.

Take your time and chew quite well,
Pick up morsels in case it fell,
Eat your food and leave no waste,
There's no need to eat in haste.

Drink your tea and slip slow,
You don't have to gulp you know,
When you've finished thank Allah,
Alhamdhulillah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
:salamext:

Good post chacha.... would've been better if you put more seriousness into it :D

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Nah i like the way bro put it, if it looks serious we get the impression that its difficult to achieve when it isn't really..if you get what i mean

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Snowflake
05-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When one of you finishes eating, he should not wipe his fingers until he has licked them himself or has given them to someone else to lick for him.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
lol, please noooo.. I could never.. never lick anyone else's fingers or let them lick mine.. I mean their fingers have been in their mouth right +o(

MashAllah! It is benefical for us...I have done it every time when I have dinners.
Oh Righteous sis, I thought you wrote that you have it done every time you eat. rofl :lol:

Mawaddah
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
lol, please noooo.. I could never.. never lick anyone else's fingers or let them lick mine.. I mean their fingers have been in their mouth right +o(

I lick my little cuzzy's fingers for them when they're done eating :D

I dont do it for big people though, no no, I mean, I am not scorning the sunnah or anything, I just haven't reached that level yet :exhausted

Kittygyal
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Salamualikum
^ Mashallah.

I suck my tumb all the time it's a wabbit. ALWAYS in my mouth 24/7 :-[

Shukran for this dude but ya just be serious init :)

lets all try to follow the sunnah inshallah

Ma'assalama

Umar001
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Guys just becareful how you speak please.

We might not be able to do something, that's our defficiency, saying it might put others off too.

I hope to be one who follows the above methods, including licking someone's fingers. Ameen.

Kittygyal
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
salamualikum.
^Who moi:?
Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Guys just becareful how you speak please.

We might not be able to do something, that's our defficiency, saying it might put others off too.

I hope to be one who follows the above methods, including licking someone's fingers. Ameen.
:D Ameen

vpb
05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
it would probably be the fingers of somebody from the family (mum,dad...), or wife. i don't think people would try this with others .

chacha_jalebi
05-09-2007, 09:09 PM
fingers are fingers, just get licking :D:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.