/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sick, seeking treatment...and what about check ups?

syilla
05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
:salamext:

I know in islam...when we are sick it is compulsory for muslims to seek treatment.

But what about check ups? Especially when we have no signs or symptoms of any kind of sickness or disease.

well...cause i hate check ups :blind: :omg:

wassallam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
05-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Seriously is it compulsary for Muslims to seek treatment!!!!

What if you have a phobia of medication or you dun like? +o( :laugh:

Camomilla
05-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I hate chek ups too, especially when the one thats cheking iz not a woman.....

syilla
05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Seriously is it compulsary for Muslims to seek treatment!!!!

What if you have a phobia of medication or you dun like? +o( :laugh:
lol....don't worry.

i'm sure there are alot of alternative treatments out there....is just a matter of finding the most suitable one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
05-06-2007, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

I know in islam...when we are sick it is compulsory for muslims to seek treatment.

But what about check ups? Especially when we have no signs or symptoms of any kind of sickness or disease.
Surely the same reasoning would apply? I assume Islam requires that one seek medical treatment in order to preserve your own life. If that is the objective, then going for a check-up to spot any illness before it gets too bad must be compulsory as well?

Go on.. you know it makes sense! Better a check-up and quick cure today than a long illness and painful cure in the future.

جوري
05-08-2007, 11:10 PM
remember that health is a gift from G-D, which he will ask you about on the day of judgment just like the other things... Everything will be a witness against you... if you neglect your health, is like turning your face to a gift given you--

checkups are there to prevent disease... one tiny mole checked today and biopsied could possibly prevent a host of cancers in the future.. a blood test can prevent anemia, a chemistry test can prevent kidney failure and so on and so on... let's be grateful to the host of things available to us, that aren't to dying kids and adults all over the developing world.... I remember being sick as a child and standing in a huge line at a govt. funded hospital in the old country with my grandmother to get the same standard treatment they undoubtedly gave to everyone standing before me.. sulfa in powder form which I was allergic to... here we are with all this technology... I am so grateful when I am sick I can be properly diagnosed, or go in just to get a clean bill of health and prevent possible horrible ramifications down the line!

prevention is the best cure... and it can keep your local doctor's brain stimulated and that in itself is good charity :D
:w:

Zman
05-13-2007, 10:33 PM
:sl:

It's wise to seek routine checkups. You won't lose anything by doing that. Actuall, God forbid, if the doc does find something, at least it'll be in it's early stage. That way you can nip it in the bud...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.