/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need help!

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 02:06 PM
is anyone here from birmingham who could give me some help and advise me on plac eto go where i can get 1 on 1 help on learninghow to pray?it's really important for me.As i live in a non-asian community and don't have any close personal muslim contacts im finding tings very hard.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Salamualikum.
I don't understand sis please can you type again as few words jumbled up and erm i gotcha feeling you wana know how to pray, am i correct:?

Where abouts in Brummy you live?
Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
05-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Asalaamu 'alaykum sister.

I dont know of any people in birmingham, but heres a good link which has some sites if you want to learn how to pray:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...-how-pray.html

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
i live in northfield and yes i need to learn how to pray and i would to no where i could go to study further on the religion.sorry bout the words joining 2gether,my keypads gone a bit stiff!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Salamiaukum.
^ Sister best thing to do is go to mosque is Greenlane mosque near you? or any other one?
Ma'assalama

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 04:01 PM
its in small heath which is easy enough for me to get to.im just a bit worried what they might say as i've converted and can't yet pray

'Abd al-Baari
05-06-2007, 04:04 PM
:sl:

Hopefully that won't be a problem sis..Inshallah
I'm sure they'll understand

May Allah make it easy for you..Ameen

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 04:06 PM
thank you,how do you say thank you in urdu bye the way?isit shoukria or sumet like that?

- Qatada -
05-06-2007, 04:25 PM
:salamext:

Yeah its 'shukria'

Kittygyal
05-06-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasha>farah
its in small heath which is easy enough for me to get to.im just a bit worried what they might say as i've converted and can't yet pray
Salamualikum
Oh mashallah congrats on your revertion. I myself is a convert aswel, its really good to have people like yourself and others as one big Ummah and coming to the right path.
I pary Allah subhwnatallah shines the light upon you and help you in every way and ease the pains. Amin

This life is a test my beloved sister and is hard, but struggling thru pains and breaking the chains will lead you to enter Janah. Inshalah have sabr (Patience) and just flew dudette.

Am sure they won't say anything to you, they will be happy to help you.

Have you got any friends neard by your end? or school/college/work etc etc muslim friends? that can talk to you and help you?

Inshallah maybe you can talk about this issue in the sisters section on who lives near Brummy or in Brummy that can help you. I myself don't live in Brummy but go there 'Alot'. I would love to help you, so have any questions just ask. By the way everything will not work like a flash you need to flex and take it easy :statisfie
Ma'assalama

Snowflake
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Salam sis,

Congrats for reverting mashaAllah. I'm from Birmingham too, but miles away from you. I think the Green Lane mosque is good but perhaps The Central Mosque on Belgrave rd, near the City Centre would be easier to get to. It's near Five Ways and I'm sure there are sisters there who will be more than willing to help.

There are some good Islamic Book shops on the Coventry Road, Small Heath.
Amsons, The House of Knowledge and there's another one which I can't remember the name of. But they are all close to each other. If you stoll along the Coventry Road, (City Centre side), you will find them easily. You can get some good books from there inshaAllah.

But do check out the links Fi bro gave. I hope that helps. Best of luck. :)

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum
Oh mashallah congrats on your revertion. I myself is a convert aswel, its really good to have people like yourself and others as one big Ummah and coming to the right path.
I pary Allah subhwnatallah shines the light upon you and help you in every way and ease the pains. Amin

This life is a test my beloved sister and is hard, but struggling thru pains and breaking the chains will lead you to enter Janah. Inshalah have sabr (Patience) and just flew dudette.

Am sure they won't say anything to you, they will be happy to help you.

Have you got any friends neard by your end? or school/college/work etc etc muslim friends? that can talk to you and help you?

Inshallah maybe you can talk about this issue in the sisters section on who lives near Brummy or in Brummy that can help you. I myself don't live in Brummy but go there 'Alot'. I would love to help you, so have any questions just ask. By the way everything will not work like a flash you need to flex and take it easy :statisfie
Ma'assalama
thanks alot for that.no i don't have any muslim friends,thats why i'm struggling,i have nobody to talk to.but thanks for your advice it was very helpful.:)

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Salam sis,

Congrats for reverting mashaAllah. I'm from Birmingham too, but miles away from you. I think the Green Lane mosque is good but perhaps The Central Mosque on Belgrave rd, near the City Centre would be easier to get to. It's near Five Ways and I'm sure there are sisters there who will be more than willing to help.

There are some good Islamic Book shops on the Coventry Road, Small Heath.
Amsons, The House of Knowledge and there's another one which I can't remember the name of. But they are all close to each other. If you stoll along the Coventry Road, (City Centre side), you will find them easily. You can get some good books from there inshaAllah.

But do check out the links Fi bro gave. I hope that helps. Best of luck. :)
central mosque was where i went and converted and to be honest they weren't th best of help.they didn't put me in touch with any sisters or anything like that.just basically done it and thats it!i've got plenty of books but i still struggle:rollseyes ,im the kind of person that needs someone to break it down for them .thanks for the info tho.:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!