/* */

PDA

View Full Version : studies on islam

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
i dont no if this really fits into this category or if it doesn't!but im a recent muslim convert and i want to no where i could go to study more on the religion,gain more knowledge,etc.does anyone no odf anywhere in birmingham?i've phoned a few mosques and they didn't no of any study groups as such.but its something i really want to do so any advice i'll be extremely grateful for.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-06-2007, 04:24 PM
:sl:

I don't live in Birmingham so i have no idea sis..sorry :-[
but if you have any questions just ask Inshallah

vpb
05-06-2007, 04:29 PM
i dont no if this really fits into this category or if it doesn't!but im a recent muslim convert and i want to no where i could go to study more on the religion,gain more knowledge,etc.does anyone no odf anywhere in birmingham?i've phoned a few mosques and they didn't no of any study groups as such.but its something i really want to do so any advice i'll be extremely grateful for.
have you tried to look if they hold lectures for sisters during the week?

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 04:32 PM
to be honest i kept phoning mosques im my area and non-english speakers kept answering,people that couldn't understand what i was on about and people that just didn't no!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
05-06-2007, 04:34 PM
to be honest i kept phoning mosques im my area and non-english speakers kept answering,people that couldn't understand what i was on about and people that just didn't no!
i think it's best to go to one of the mosques and try to speak to the imam, maybe he can tell you if there is any lecture for sisters or something else. hopefully at least you can communicate with signs if he's not good at english

tasha>farah
05-06-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah thanks i should do that

Nyomi
05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I know of somewhere that could help you, The New Muslims Project :)

Only thing is it's not based in Birmingham, but not far away - it's in Leicester and i know that they offer a few different courses including learning Arabic.

If you couldnt get to see them in person then you can contact them via email or telephone.

They have loads of books, videos ect aimed at converts and are really and i mean, really helpful!! I spoke to a lady called Batool and she has helped me no end.. (i think she is the main person there)

http://www.newmuslimsproject.net/NMPframeset.html

Hope this helps you out!

Nyomi
05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey tasha-farah.. did you see the above message ^^ and if so have you contacted them? :)

tasha>farah
05-13-2007, 01:18 PM
i went on that site but not much info theres a number for a study group in birmingham but it looks like it was ppoted a couple of years ago!is that myomi from the A.K forum?

Nyomi
05-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Lol yes it's me.. thought it was you :laugh: How you doing?

Sorry you didnt find much information there..

Not sure if we are allowed to post email adds on here but i'm not a full member yet so cant pm you. Heres the lady Batool that i mentioned before in preivous post, email her - batool@islamic-foundation.org.uk

She's lovely so dont be nervous to email her, i was bit shy to speak to her viz phone so email her instead and she's invited me and K to go and visit the islamic centre this summer where i will inshaAllah take my shahadah :)

Also she sent me out loads of information, including the pack on how to pray which was only a few quid and sends regular news letters.

Please email her, i think this place is just what you need to help.. (plus it's only an a few hours at the most away from you, it's the other side of leicester for me so about 45mins drive).

Let me know how you get on, if you want me email pm me on AK's :thumbs_up

tasha>farah
05-13-2007, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nyomi
Lol yes it's me.. thought it was you :laugh: How you doing?

Sorry you didnt find much information there..

Not sure if we are allowed to post email adds on here but i'm not a full member yet so cant pm you. Heres the lady Batool that i mentioned before in preivous post, email her - batool@islamic-foundation.org.uk

She's lovely so dont be nervous to email her, i was bit shy to speak to her viz phone so email her instead and she's invited me and K to go and visit the islamic centre this summer where i will inshaAllah take my shahadah :)

Also she sent me out loads of information, including the pack on how to pray which was only a few quid and sends regular news letters.

Please email her, i think this place is just what you need to help.. (plus it's only an a few hours at the most away from you, it's the other side of leicester for me so about 45mins drive).

Let me know how you get on, if you want me email pm me on AK's :thumbs_up
Ive just e-maild her nw.Tanks for that.Im a new membe to so im trying to sed my 50 posts (lol) but its takin 4eva!

Nyomi
05-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Great :)

Ive been a member since Dec and still not managed to get 50posts lol.. will do though.

Good luck!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.