PDA

View Full Version : Funny signs

جوري
05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Various signs from around old Egypt

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
More.. I am not sure how to load all in one page?

جوري
05-06-2007, 06:07 PM

amirah_87
05-06-2007, 06:11 PM
:sl:

Interesting pics..

To load each image on to the page seperately Wrap the URL's around this: [IMG] [/IMG ]

jus close the brackets there inshaAllah. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I had to upload them from my C drive.. I didn't know I can use IMG? hmmmn thanks for advise sis.. I should go translating some of them... I think the one directing the blind students is really funny.. sad at the same time lol

amirah_87
05-06-2007, 06:19 PM

I think this one's rather funny.. :lol:

In the street I used to live in in Yemen.. they had about the same sorta thing except this one was more serious. it said:

"Lana-Allaah man wada'al qumaamah hunaa"..

A neighbour of our's had put it up after ppl kept on dumpin' their garbage infront of his house.. :phew

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Umm I cant understand the Arabic ones..lol.

جوري
05-06-2007, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

I think this one rather funny...

In the street I used to live in in Yemen.. they had about the same sorta thing except this one was more serious. it said:

"Lana-Allaah man wada'al qumaamah hunaa"..

A neighbour of ours had put it up after ppl would ump their garbage near his house.. :phew
Wow sis you are so talented with the computer... Mash'Allah--
I know what you mean about the signs-- I think people just get fed up with the garbage.. I used to see our neighbor back in the old country peeling squash and throwing the peels out the balcony early in the morning thinking no one will see her... that plus various other eccentric things she used to do, like terrify me with her 17 cats or screaming from her balcony asking people to let her drop to her death -- and plus she stole electricity... (not sure how she did it-- but I used to get electrocuted every time I touched a faucet in our bathroom lol.. it was an abomination.. (I always wondered why they never came to her with a straight jacket?) but now that I think of it-- most of the people in that neighborhood were odd-- sooner or later that sign will undoubtedly be covered with trash anyhow lol

جوري
05-06-2007, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Umm I cant understand the Arabic ones..lol.
one is a nonsensical driving sign.. the other the one sister quoted is about asking politely to not throw your trash here followed by two curse words ( Don't throw your trash here you animals and donkeys) is basically what it says --and the last one is a sign directing the blind to go to a particular street lol...

'Abd al-Baari
05-06-2007, 06:31 PM

lol :D:D
Jazakallah for sharing and translating^ sis :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-06-2007, 06:32 PM
rofll thats funni ;D

جوري
05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
shokran akhi.. I can't believe this poor guy hanging off the hamburger sign-- just got them today in my mail box.. thought I'd share them =)

amirah_87
05-06-2007, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Wow sis you are so talented with the computer... Mash'Allah--
I know what you mean about the signs-- I think people just get fed up with the garbage.. I used to see our neighbor back in the old country peeling squash and throwing the peels out the balcony early in the morning thinking no one will see her... that plus various other eccentric things she used to do, like terrify me with her 17 cats or screaming from her balcony asking people to let her drop to her death -- and plus she stole electricity... (not sure how she did it-- but I used to get electrocuted every time I touched a faucet in our bathroom lol.. it was an abomination.. (I always wondered why they never came to her with a straight jacket?) but now that I think of it-- most of the people in that neighborhood were odd-- sooner or later that sign will undoubtedly be covered with trash anyhow lol
Lol at your neighbour, I always used to pray they get some sort of Garbage vans that come weekly.. yrs later they finally did!!
I didn't know which was worse the small stories of garbage in the streets everday .. or the huge piles that stayed over night on thurdays (waitin for disposal on friday) that were all torn up by the dogs!!.. :heated:

I can so relate to your electricity wires being stolen! We had people decietfully using our phoneline.. and our waterpipes too!! Lol!

جوري
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
:lol: -- I can't believe how odd and un-conscientious people were/are sometimes... But I am also nostalgic-- to think I can never recapture my childhood and all the people I have lost =( aunt, uncle, both grandmothers... it pains me.. so I am rather happy living and sharing memories, and learning of yours... Yes I can write chronicles about the odd people in my neighborhood-- and their escapades all taking place in balconies lol

:w:

Pk_#2
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
lol heh

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Mawaddah
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM

Ya Allah! This sign had me in fits of laughter! Subhanallah Subhanallah, how can they ask them so politely not to throw garbage and then follow it with those words!! ;D;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.