/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my exams

Uthman
05-07-2007, 10:48 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

Guys I am worried about my exams. I want to do well and I intended to take full advantage of my Easter Holidays for the purpose of revision but unfortunately I was unable to do so because we had visitors at our house for pretty much the whole duration. Also, there are some problems at home. Some family problems which is distracting for me.

I really want to do well. I really do but there have been some other problems at home as well. I've got a revision timetable sorted which makes me feel a bit better but I'm really anxious and worried. But most of the times I do not feel motivated.

I just wanted to ask you all please to include me in your Du'a. It would really help and I would be grateful if you could do that for me.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
05-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Selam aleykum brother
Study like you never studied before. Take every second you got available inshaAllah (don't neglect prayer and other important stuff though ;) ). And if you need to take a brake, make dua inshaAllah that Allah subhana wa ta'ala makes the exams easy for you and grants you knowledge.

May Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide you trough it inshaAllah.

Oh finally one more advice. If you fail a class, can you do theexams again during summer? If so, and you find the amount of material to study to big, you could do the following trick: Study only for half of your classes. It's better to study a lot for half and not at all for the rest of you classes so you pass half of them, and flunk the rest big time. As opposed to study a little bit for all of them and flunk for all of them. This of course only works if you can redo the exams you flunk in the summer.

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 02:46 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Remember Allah (Swt) much, and inshaAllah during your struggles in exams Allah (Swt) will remember you inshaAllah.

May Allah (swt) help you and make your exams easy for you. Ameen (say Ameen)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“The strong believer is better and is more beloved to Allaah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive to attain that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not feel helpless.”(Saheeh Muslim, hadeeth no. 2664)

“If anything befalls you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such and such.’ Rather say, ‘Qadar Allaah wa maa sha’a kaan (the decree of Allaah and what He wills happened),’ for saying ‘if only’ opens the door for the Shaytaan.” (Saheeh Muslim)

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

strider
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I'm pretty stressed about my exams, too. So much to revise, so little time!

Bro, start it. Now. Don't stress about having to get so much done, as that will just be wasted time you could have spent revising. If the environment at home isn't exactly revision-friendly, go to your library. Libraries usually put you in the mood to work as nearly everyone else there is doing the same.

Also, turn off your mobile phone and other possible causes of distractions when you are revising. A bit of peace and quiet is really useful when wanting information to sink in. If you can't revise efficiently, alone, then do it with friends.

If you can't get away from home, then when the place is full of distractions make your revision notes (they don't require much thinking). Wake up early in the morning and revise when things are quiet or revise late into the night but make sure you adapt your sleeping patterns accordingly.

As others have mentioned previously, don't forget your Salah. =]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Encolpius
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
What manner of exams would this be then Osman?

Seriously, the best advice I or anyone else can give is to work at it, put in effort, do the revision, and on the day of the exam, do your best... and as long as you do the work and you know the stuff it's on, you'll pass.

If you fail, then don't panic, but consider logically what to do next. Do you have to resit them or redo the whole year if you fail? If you seem shocked by your results, and think you did okay when you came out, see if you can see your papers and talk to tutors, lecturers, &c. to determine where you went wrong so you do better next time.

All you can do is your best.

The Ruler
05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
:sl:

akhee, relax...take time out to enjoy a little bit before you revise...it really helps. snacks, drinks whatever...just make yourself chilled beforeyou revise. and about the family problems; just frget about them...i dont know what they are but everyone has family probs...in my case, i just leave it to those that it concerns...why bother with them.

frst steps, just relax...revision time tables are helpful but a lot of times, they just stress the person out when they look at them. before you revise, you could either pray or listen to a recitation to clear your head. other wise you wont be able to concentrate. and like you revised in school at lunch times for your SATs, do it now too...that should help :thumbs_up.

And yes, i pray that everyone that is doing any major exam this year passes with excellent grades insha'Allah.

islamirama
05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Try these duas

http://www.jannah.org/articles/studyduas.html

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Salamualikum

Your not ze only one love, inshallah we just need a be patience init

me got x-am too, every1 has not or done whatever.

I'll pray for ya && you do the same agreed?

Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-07-2007, 07:31 PM

I've got exams too this week :( :(
Please do dua for me...Jazaallah for the link bro islamirama

May Allah make it easy for us all...Ameen

Good Luck everyone :thumbs_up

Eric H
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you brother Osman, and all of you taking exams.

When ever you face a challenge that is well beyond what you think you are capable of doing, then you earn the right to fail.

But !!

After the exams you must be able to look back and be honest with yourself that you tried to the best of your ability.

Although passing exams with distinctions is a great help in life for all the material things; I have found that the greater lessons are learned by how you react after failure.

Do you have the spirit to fight back and try again, do you look for other challenges that will stretch your abilities in other ways? People who have a great vision often keep pushing the boundaries of what they think they are capable of doing, and they can’t succeed every time.

You will come to find in life that there will often be emotional problems, relationships, and anxieties when you are trying to concentrate. This is life and somehow you will cope despite all the aggravation. :)

I know exams are stressful, I will keep you all in my prayers.

In the spirit of striving.

Eric

'Abd al-Baari
05-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Eric

Wow some good advice bro
Thanks a lot :D

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 08:32 PM
^ Eric is a teacher :X

Eric H
05-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Kittygyal;
Eric is a teacher
That would be cool, but and I did think of it at one time, I shall be away for a week but will keep all you students in my prayers, I know it is a stressful time.

Somehow stress can focus the mind to concentrate and it can push us to try a bit harder, so stress is not always bad.

In the sprit of praying for your futures.

Eric

***Umm-e-kulsum
05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
brother the advice i would give is to pray and do Dua
my cuzan always has the same problem bt he finds reading duas makes it easier for him!!!
anyway if gettin stressed jus makes u forget evrything coz thats wt happens to me!
anyway best of luck and il pray 4 u bt inshallah try ur best and ul do well!!
:D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
why are you worried bro? you seem well wise lol, i reckon you'll ace it all inshaAllah !

keep pious, knowledge enters a pious heart better :D make lotsa dhikr!

assalamu alaikum bro !

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Kittygyal;

That would be cool, but and I did think of it at one time, I shall be away for a week but will keep all you students in my prayers, I know it is a stressful time.

Somehow stress can focus the mind to concentrate and it can push us to try a bit harder, so stress is not always bad.

In the sprit of praying for your futures.

Eric
Greetings.
Yes. True indeed :)
Take care

vpb
05-12-2007, 08:14 PM
brothers please make dua for me also, cuz my exams start on 19th. jazakallah khair.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2007, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
brothers please make dua for me also, cuz my exams start on 19th. jazakallah khair.
you also seem very smart !

inshaAllah you'll do well :)

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
Salamualikum.
Me too inshallah :hmm:
ma'assalama

Abdullah4ever
05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
You could wake up at fajr time and study that helps me and study at duhr and before you sleep

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
^ inshaALlah will make lots of dua'

assalamu alaikum please make dua 4 me too to pass the test of life inshaAllah

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Salamualikum.
Inshallah, lets all try out best to get the ticket inshallah and strive for taqwah :)

prepare yourselfs or be prepared to fail

ma'assalama

jasmine_c
05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I know how you feel, I have my Maths GCSE in June and some others this week but I've no idea what they are, our school isn't very organised lol. Well if you don't feel motivated try to do it in a place you won't be distracted and first try like 10mins or whatever and then increase the time revising as you get used to it. My maths teacher told me to take a 5min break every 15mins though so make sure you do that or you'll get seriously bored. Anyway good luck with the exams and revision, may Allah swt make it easier for you.

Uthman
07-04-2007, 06:22 PM
All over Alhamdulillah. Quite a while ago atch. Thanks for all your help guys.

The Ruler
07-04-2007, 06:52 PM

Soooo... How'd it go?

Uthman
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM

It went ok Alhamdulillah. Was easier than I thought it would be.

You done it as well? How did yours go?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Alhamdulillah, glad to hear bro :)

you sound ok aswell :D

Encolpius
07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Wish I could say the same!!!!

My exams results seem at this point have no correlation to the amount of work or suchlike I did for them, despite at the time knowing the subjects in the exam hall and writing well thought out and properly structured answers on them which seemed ordered and logical. It's almost as if they rolled a D12 and assigned that as my mark for each paper. The upshot of all this... well, "Hindenburg" would be an accurate description of my French academic career so far.

Meh, I'm going back to King's and doing my final year there. I have an ace Samuel L. Jackson quote that would be apt here, except for the word "snakes" insert the word "plans binaires" and for the word "plane" replace with "faculté de droit."

The Ruler
07-09-2007, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Awesome... I guess you did our revision eh? :)

It went okay Alhamdulillah. Although I'm in no hurry to fast forward the blessing-ous days to the dreaded 23rd August 2007. Am savourng every little moment these days, wondering if I'll get it again. *sigh*

syilla
07-10-2007, 03:01 AM

And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out, [3] And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.

Just read this dua... :muslimah:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.