/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nervous

786rani
05-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Asalamualaikum,
I'm soooooo nervous, it hasn't even sank in yet. My SATs r tmrw. okay ok i know it's not the end of the world and "their not important" speech, but i'm gonna be put in my GCSE groups cos of this n i want A* not c's. Please do dua for me and all the other nervous recks out there.
rani

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

You are right that SATs are important to determine your GCSE groups, so put in all your effort and try to get the highest grades possible. It's natural to feel nervous, but follow exam and revision tips and make plenty of du'a and Insha'Allaah it will help you to feel more relaxed. Once the first one is over, it should be easier after that. See: http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...ies-exams.html

May Allaah help all those who have exams, Aameen!

strider
05-07-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
Asalamualaikum,
I'm soooooo nervous, it hasn't even sank in yet. My SATs r tmrw. okay ok i know it's not the end of the world and "their not important" speech, but i'm gonna be put in my GCSE groups cos of this n i want A* not c's. Please do dua for me and all the other nervous recks out there.
rani
Sister, yes SATs are important but don't stress too much. If i'm not mistaken, the average levels are 5 and schools will most probably put you in intermediate tier groups with that.

Having said that, this is not an excuse for anyone to feel complacent. Revise well and do the best you can. There isn't much more anyone can ask of you. :thumbs_up

Good luck.

vpb
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
sis, when u get stressed to much by it, just try to think about death and standing in front of Allah swt, and inshaAllah your stress will decrease. and make dua to be sucessfull in your test if it is khair, bc Allah swt knows what is best for us. just make dua.
May Allah make u sucessfull in your test if it is khair for you. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
05-07-2007, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
sis, when u get stressed to much by it, just try to think about death and standing in front of Allah swt, and inshaAllah your stress will decrease.
Really? That would just stress me out more.:blind:

786rani
05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Really? That would just stress me out more.:blind:
that's exactly what i was gonna say

well the thing is i'm predicted a 778 and in the mocks i got 777 so i wanna get 777 at least if not a 778. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
rani

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Salamualikum.
Am sure i posted something about 'nervous' before somewhere

anywho just pray to allah subhwnatallah to help you, best thing ever!

ma'assalama

*~Sofia~*
05-07-2007, 08:43 PM
salam sis, i now exactly how u feel..but try not to worry tooo much! ( i no this can b quite hard) but jus stay positive.. if u've revised hard ders nuthin 2 worry bout :D
pray to Allah (swt) as kittygyal suggested..it really is the best thing :)
inshallah i'll make loads of du'as 4 u an inshallah u will pass wid flyin colours n get the results u want :D

wasalam

Ever_Hopeful
05-07-2007, 10:05 PM
:sl:

If your SATs are tomorrow, im assuming youve probably done all the studying and preparation that you can. So why stress? It will only hurt you. Pray to Allah for strength. Go to bed early, wake up and have a nice wholesome breakfast. Try to stay calm and focus. Just relax :)

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Mashallah good advice sis ^

did anyone take the science paper today?

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Salamualikum.
Good breakfast= Banana
in between breaks=water/pure ornage pop && banana
noon= good healthyfull meal
night=soak almonds and atleast eat 7 in next morning

every morning on way to school drink RED BULL!!!! it works trust me it does!!! gives you enegy!!! doesn't make you go to sleep half way X-am init!! so respect bludz.

last but not least DUA'AH FROM ALLAH SUBHNWTALLAH!!! && don't be that selfish include the rest of your 'new' family people on LI and around ze world init!

ma'assalama

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Mashallah good advice sis ^

did anyone take the science paper today?
Salamuallikum.

:exhausted

Blimy Equations :skeleton:

ma'assalama

786rani
05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
had science tday. soooooooo hard!
rani

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-08-2007, 05:16 PM
da 1st paper woz easy buh d 2nd.. *faintz* lol.. :p 2morow mathz.. ooo noo :(

786rani
05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
me 2 sista. i'm dreadin the richard111 soooo don't want it to be directorial. what did you write for the 2nd moments question. i wrote 10 (don't no y) but my friends said it was 100 cos it had to balance.
rani

strider
05-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Sis rani, a 777 in mocks is great! It's way above average, mashaAllah.

I read somewhere that England is one of the most tested countries, in terms of education, in the world!:cry: :blind:

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
da 1st paper woz easy buh d 2nd.. *faintz* lol.. :p 2morow mathz.. ooo noo :(

yeh i thought the first paper was easy too but the 2nd :-[
anways maths tomorrow..what paper are you doing..i've got 6-8 :-[ +o( :rollseyes :enough!:

afriend
05-08-2007, 07:22 PM
..i've got 6-8
*screams like a girl*!!

Why bro?? why?? :cry: All I'm saying is you'd better be fast on the calculations and knowing what to do almost instantly, cos you'll have to do a lot of calculations...If I were you I'd back out on the last minute :X 5-7 is less effort, more practical too!

Anyways, you SATs people, take it from me...I was worrying as much as you lot this time last year :p But now I've come to find all that matters is your year 10 c/w and GCSEs in year 11...Don't take SATs too seriously, the teachers just brainwash you into thinking they're the end of the world. Teachers.

:w:

Allah ma'kum fil imtihaanaatikum!

PS. They forgot about our SATs marks, they don't even use them for grouping the class at my school. Even if it is 'My School' ;D Chillax people!

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM

lol..i wish i could just forget about it..if i got anything less than a 7 i don't think my maths teacher will talk to me for a year..or my parents :D:D

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Salamualikum.
Oh sux! Richard111 soo boring the film! ewww
ma'assalama

strider
05-08-2007, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Oh sux! Richard111 soo boring the film! ewww
ma'assalama
The Laurence Olivier one? If so, it's amazing. :D

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
The Laurence Olivier one? If so, it's amazing. :D
Salamualikum.
Yes. Black and white +o(
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM

Alhamdulillah Maths has now finished :D only English to go :(
what did you guys think of the maths paper..anyone doing 6-8?

786rani
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I did 6-8 paper tdy. 1st one was ok mental maths was great but paper 2 was a nightmare. if i don't get an 8 sir is gonna smother me! we watched the richard111 film the BBC one. tomorrows richard 111 and reading. OH NO!!!
rani

'Abd al-Baari
05-09-2007, 07:37 PM

hmm i did 6-8 too..the last paper was soo hard..specially the last few questions ..lol..i'm glad theres no 6-8 in english..
anyways English tomorrowand Shakespeare..Much Ado About Nothing
on Friday writing task...:(:(

afriend
05-09-2007, 08:44 PM

lol^ that's the way bro! I bet your teachers made you all feel so :heated:...It's nothing really. I wont be surprised if they scrap SATs next year.

Now get ready for Year 10 courseworks :X now that's something to look forward to :uhwhat

Kittygyal
05-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Salamualikum.
Brother SATs are really important because when your in year10-11 the teachers find the exams reuslts and then within the boarder line and mark scheme they see what stages you are in and put you in sets. Many people think SATs are just nothing but when you come in Year10 you find out why SATs are important. SATs go all the way down with you when you even leave school.

Also looking for a job eh? they will need a refference from your teachers so i guess you all work your bottoms off.

Year10 courseworks well not really hard compared to people who are in year11 now and had there courswork like running headless chickens. Also remember people who is year10 now and doing maths coursework you aint allowed to take it home right? them square grids :skeleton:

Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-09-2007, 08:50 PM

lol..i heard they were gonna stop SAT's
if only they stopped it this year :D :p

Kittygyal
05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Salamualikum.
^ I heard there going to ban G.C.S.E's whats next:? Ya Allah rumours again eh?
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM

i've not heard that before..but i have heard that they may stop coursework :D:D:D..hopefully by the end of this year ..

Anyways what did you guys think of the reading/shakespeare paper?
i thought the writing wasn't too bad but the shakespeare was....:(

786rani
05-12-2007, 01:19 PM
i'v already dun my stats GCSE coursework and the maths coursework don't know result yet though. AT LAST IT'S OVER!!! shakespeare ppr was ok once you actually started though and the writing was great and so was reading.

Qurratul Ayn
05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
^ I heard there going to ban G.C.S.E's whats next:? Ya Allah rumours again eh?
Ma'assalama
:salamext:

No, I don't think it's GCSE's Sister Kittygyal, I think it will be SAT's, they are taken in Year 9 (3rd Year).

May Allah Ta'ala help all those in education to gain the best that they can.

:salamext:

afriend
05-12-2007, 08:03 PM

Oh yeah I just remembered they're scrapping courseworks from next year. Don't think that's a good thing people :X because now you have to work double hard for your exams!!

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Salamualikum.
Sis Qurratul Ayn i was being 'sarcastic' love. :)

brother Iqram also there will be no exams either for eg: I.C.T no exams and instead of GNVQ it will Bi-Tech
Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2007, 08:10 PM
assalamu alaikum

no worries, you'll be ok if Allah wills and if he dont aint like you can do anything about it ;D

inshaAllah you'll get whats best for you, so relax and be pious coz knowledge enters the pious heart better

jasmine_c
05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you guys all doing SATs or something? I have to do my Maths GCSE in June and it's so hard to revise for! I'm always thinking "OK I'll revise today...nah I'll do it tomorrow" lol but I'll get there in the end. I remember I had to do Richard 3rd last year as a practice to see if it was too hard or too easy or something...everyone kept laughing at the film and naming the characters out of people in our class :hmm:. Anyway anyone who still has anymore exams good luck with them all! Hope it goes well :D.

afriend
05-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Good luck, make sure you revise :X

I have my modulars for all science topics on June 25th, please make du'a for everyone doing exams :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-13-2007, 02:48 PM
yay its ova.. bout time.. i woz getn bored *yawnz* lol

mathz mental woz aite, 2nd paper woz easy.. 1st 1.. omdayz.. dnt go der i woz like wha ^o)

english woz aloda of bull :P esp d shakespeare.. man i hate shakespeare :-\

'Abd al-Baari
05-13-2007, 03:52 PM

well theres the ICT tests this week but i suppose that'll be easy compared to Eng/Ma/Sci :D:D:D

kitten
05-13-2007, 03:58 PM

do your best , but remember theres always room for improvement later on with your gcse mocks..so dont stress over them that much. :)

Kittygyal
05-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Salamualikum
^ There's always room?, yes. Remember you can re-take them but why not put most effort now, might aswel get over and done with it rather than re-sitting them. Meoow :D

I.C.T exams?. Ha. if you get low level for I.C.T then you 'Have' to re-take them no matter what, school will provide you no optional and have to take them. I.C.T exam is hard to behonest.

We all say 'I am going to revise aday...' but it always turns out dull and then on last minute we open revision notes and start revising Huh! weird init, but then again shows our intelligence :D

Make dua'ah for me to people inshallah.

May Allah subhwnatallah make it easy for us all and help us inshallah Amin.

Ma'assalama

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM
oooo i got offered 2 do gcse bengali hahaha u mus b jokin.. i wudnt evn go der ¬_¬ lol

'Abd al-Baari
05-17-2007, 09:17 PM

wow..i didn't even no it was possible to do gcse bengali :D:D

786rani
05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
i'm doin urdu but i can't read or write!!!
rani

Prisca
05-19-2007, 01:20 PM
arghhh I have exams all next week, I'll be lucky to make it out alive :(

Musaafirah
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

wow..i didn't even no it was possible to do gcse bengali :D:D
You trying to say something? ^_^ I did GSCE Bangla you know..:p It does exist..unless you're trying to say I don't exist..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.