PDA

View Full Version : Turn this on now

England
05-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Turn paranama on bbc 1 on now. It's interesting. It's about muslims and whites

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Whites, eh? Of the human or Daz variety?

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Greetings.
What happens? what they do?

like doctor thingymigys?

S_87
05-07-2007, 08:08 PM
:sl:

hmm interesting.
i recently moved to blackburn and i find it more mixed. i would say ive seen much more mixed couples (compared to where i moved from)
whalley range is just a dump im wondering was the couple who got glares getting glares because they were a couple or a mixed couple? :?

i didnt catch the whole thing though, so it would have been interesting so see what was said before.

one thing i have to say, blackburn does not need any mroe top of the range style masjids. or for now any more masjids.
and oh yh, for the first time in a longgggggg time i was called a terrorist, which really stung <_<

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
05-07-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Greetings.
What happens? what they do?

like doctor thingymigys?
It was about how much separation there is between the two in Blackburn. There are whites-only areas and asians-only areas. It was about muslims in the area not speaking the English language. It was about how the attempts to bridge the two isn't working.

Kittygyal
05-07-2007, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
It was about how much separation there is between the two in Blackburn. There are whites-only areas and asians-only areas. It was about muslims in the area not speaking the English language. It was about how the attempts to bridge the two isn't working.
Greetings.
Arigytio but am not living in Blackburn but had friends there and moved from Blackburn to London because they didn't like Blackburn.
Anywho not all Blackburn is splitted up :skeleton:
Take care

H4RUN
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
They could have just said 'asians' rather they labelled it whites and muslims, a religion and a race, where's the sense in that? Just to cause controversy eh

S_87
05-07-2007, 08:16 PM

i would say not alllll of blackburn is split up though some areas youll see mostly asians. these areas are where the masjids are

i have to say in general i do think its rude not to speak english atleast in public

------
05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
:salamext:

Why watch this when snooker is on :p

NobleMuslimUK
05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
If you missed it then watch it here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ma/default.stm

H4RUN
05-07-2007, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

Why watch this when snooker is on :p
cos the rockets out!

Going back to the program, it seems as though where the coloured man goes the white man leaves, one day the white's will all be in a gigantic field at this rate....well that's how it's put across

Pk_#2
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Missed it *Ahh*

JazakAllah noble guy i shall watch it then :)

InshaAllah

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Uthman
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Take a look at the Have your say section of the BBC News website.

:w:

England
05-07-2007, 10:18 PM
A question for you. Do you believe multiculturalism works? Don't go off on one, just state your honest opinion and feel free to add more...

H4RUN
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Corse mate, if you can mix sugar into water and then see it dissolve, im pretty darn sure we can mix aswel. Enda the day it's skin colour and a bit of language, shouldnt make any difference, if we're sincere with them, they can be the same....two way streeet:D

NobleMuslimUK
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Do you think this is the calm before the storm.

England
05-07-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Corse mate, if you can mix sugar into water and then see it dissolve, im pretty darn sure we can mix aswel. Enda the day it's skin colour and a bit of language, shouldnt make any difference, if we're sincere with them, they can be the same....two way streeet:D
It's not just "skin colour and language." It's the huge difference in culture. It's the lack of trust with one another. How is integration possible when everything non muslims do is "haram?"

I read through that BBC - your views thing, is this even Islamic or just a great comment?

Added: Monday, 7 May, 2007, 20:14 GMT 21:14 UK

I am a british born muslim but am ashamed to call myself a muslim. The majority of muslim today have become obsessed, lost social skills and morals which should be held by every HUMAN! This country has offered immigrants so much yet britain is now being torn to pieces by these same people who sponge off the gullible government. The media does not help the situaltion making the minority of honest muslims like myself who have worked hard and paid taxes all their lives to get undeserved abuse.

Gulshan Iqbal, Nottingham

Recommended by 1 person

Muezzin
05-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Was the programme good then?

A question for you. Do you believe multiculturalism works? Don't go off on one, just state your honest opinion and feel free to add more...
Multiculturalism in the sense of peaceful coexistence? Yes.

Multiculturalism in the sense of everybody actively joining in with other cultures rather than simply respecting them? No, but that's not really the goal. For example, I don't expect Muslims to actively join in with Christmas celebrations, but I do expect them to respect other people's rights to celebrate it.

aamirsaab
05-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Hell yes it does. Seriously, please pay a visit to leicester where you will see multicultaralism at its finest. Well, in the sense of coexistence that is.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2007, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Hell yes it does. Seriously, please pay a visit to leicester where you will see multicultaralism at its finest. Well, in the sense of coexistence that is.
dude it dont get more mixed then london, u shud see the colors in my area, makes the rainbow look dull!

Duhaa
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM
It's not just "skin colour and language." It's the huge difference in culture. It's the lack of trust with one another. How is integration possible when everything non muslims do is "haram?"

I read through that BBC - your views thing, is this even Islamic or just a great comment?

Added: Monday, 7 May, 2007, 20:14 GMT 21:14 UK

I am a british born muslim but am ashamed to call myself a muslim. The majority of muslim today have become obsessed, lost social skills and morals which should be held by every HUMAN! This country has offered immigrants so much yet britain is now being torn to pieces by these same people who sponge off the gullible government. The media does not help the situaltion making the minority of honest muslims like myself who have worked hard and paid taxes all their lives to get undeserved abuse.

Gulshan Iqbal, Nottingham

Recommended by 1 person

Great comment? Nah, not so great. Contradictory to say the least. He's ashamed to be called a Muslim, then he wants the media to recognise him as a Muslim, even an honest one at that. :? :X

The way I see it, it's the minority (of Muslims and non Muslims), rather than the majority who can't seem to see that there are times when they need to adapt, rather than expect everything to fall in place their way....

I've read the comments on Have your Say in the BBC website, check the readers recommended and you'll see for yourselves some of the 'minority'....

S_87
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM

ok ive watched the whole thing and i think it would be interesting to see the results if they had checked out places like the ice-rink and bowling alleys rather than nightclubs, when it is known muslims are forbidden to drink etc..

NobleMuslimUK
05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

ok ive watched the whole thing and i think it would be interesting to see the results if they had checked out places like the ice-rink and bowling alleys rather than nightclubs, when it is known muslims are forbidden to drink etc..
LOL yeah I found that strange too, now you cant expect muslims to be found in clubs and pubs.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Salamualikum.
Nephew get out of here! you don't understand! your too lil!! just get out do1!!!

England just dun listehn to me nephew he dun know anyfin!!!

anywho it's not only about skin and lingo it's about everfin!!!

ma'assalama

England
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Nephew get out of here! you don't understand! your too lil!! just get out do1!!!

England just dun listehn to me nephew he dun know anyfin!!!

anywho it's not only about skin and lingo it's about everfin!!!

ma'assalama
You're looney lol. You ought to back off that red bull lol it's making you crazy! :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I get on with the 'whites' so does my dad to a certain extent, you wont see me in the local though, that might make me a total outcast. The road I used to live at had a lot of whites when I first moved there but they slowly, one by one white flighted it. I mean England we get on alright with you, dont we??

I don't think it's about getting along but rather asian areas getting bigger.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.