/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Better voice in recitation

Ghira
05-07-2007, 09:55 PM
:sl:

Sorry if this topic already came up...If it has please direct to where it could be found.

I have a problem with my recitation in prayer. I want to beautify my recitation like the Prophet (saw) encouraged. I frequently lead the prayer in family gatherings because I am forced to. My intention is never to show off. I just hear from family members that when they listen to a beautified recitation of the Quran they are able to focus more in prayer, it sometimes puts them in tears. I am just wondering how can I better my recitation and beautify it. It takes practice but do I need to hire a Qari. My Grandfather is a Qari but I cannot ask him but I have other people that I may ask...what do you guys think I can do. I know some of the you brothers having amazing voice when they recite. Some completely change their voice!! :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 01:43 PM

Have you tried trying to follow and copy the recitation of a known qari or Sheikh..like of a CD/Tape?

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
^^^ Yes I have... How do some change their voice and keep it consistent while they recite?

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 08:06 PM

sorry i don't mean to be rude but can i ask who's recitation you tried to copy..it'll make it easier for me to understand hoepfully..Inshallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Try breathing techniques first so that you can control your breath abit, and then you can do like different levels and experiment, then you get a recitation of Mishary Rashid Al Efasy and you go with that, but never copy their pitch, only copy their style, hope that makes sense. Make du'a of course. I've been having kinda similar problem, I've had like a bloked nose for months, I dont know how to make it go away lol.

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

sorry i don't mean to be rude but can i ask who's recitation you tried to copy..it'll make it easier for me to understand hoepfully..Inshallah :)
:w:
I tried copying the Imam at a masjid that I used to go to
http://www.mustafacenter.org/audio.asp

I also tried copying Sh. Ghamdi but did not work.... I cannot copy someone who has a really deep voice like Sh. Mishary Al Efasy.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Salamualikum.
Subhnallah, you made a smile put on my face :). Mashallah am proud of you brother that you lead salah at family gatherings thats very nice to hear indeed.

Well take my advice dude, go into a hall or an empty room and get a mic and all day long just recite inshallah along with have the reciations who you wana copy and just read after him. Gradually you will feel the change in your voice. If not then always listen to Qura'an and recite along with the dude Inshallah there will be a better change displayed.

If you want to you can always have a friend beside you and you reciting every certain day and then your friend can associate with you by informing what change has been displayed inshallah. It is hard dude, but you can do it there's always hope. Also a good idea is take breathing deep breaths learn that first then slowy by slowly your breathing will develop.

Just listen to Qari-Basit's reciation every time i don't mean just 'once a day' but always and recite along with him and you will get the change. It doesn't happen within a flash but it happens gradually it takes time. Trust me been there done that and still am but it takes time. Inshallah take it easy don't stress and do it soothly.

May Allah subhwnatallah make it easy for you and others inshallah. You walk towards allah subhwnatallah he will run towards you thats the beauty of your lord. Just focus on him with right intention. Have any questions please feel free to ask inshallah. Am always here to help :)

Ma'assalama

Umar001
05-08-2007, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
I tried copying the Imam at a masjid that I used to go to
http://www.mustafacenter.org/audio.asp

I also tried copying Sh. Ghamdi but did not work.... I cannot copy someone who has a really deep voice like Sh. Mishary Al Efasy.
you have to be a member to listen?

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Whats your user name and pass brother Ghira? :D
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 08:16 PM

Try listening to Sheikh Abdullah Awad Al Johany..i think he has a voice which is easy to follow and to copy

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...llah_Al-johany

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Salamualikum.
^ You sure about that dude! easy voice is Qari-Basit :D
By the way brother Ghira best thing is keep trying as much as you can never loose hope, just try always try there's no such thing as i can't do it you CAN! by the will of allah subhwnatallah inshallah.

Just ask help from him inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
you have to be a member to listen?
Are you serious...yup...Ok I have it saved in my computer but it does not upload...it keeps failing sorry.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Yes. it's asking for YOUR pass and ID. So keen to share :p
Ma'assalama

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Try listening to Sheikh Abdullah Awad Al Johany..i think he has a voice which is easy to follow and to copy

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...llah_Al-johany
Yes his voice is easy to follow...Someone like Qari Abdul Basit is 'advanced' his style is hard to copy but I love his recitation. I don't extend as much as Qari Abdul Basit.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Salamualikum.
You asking for easy? well go to Mosque and listen to a 15year 'ol dude subhnallah you will shed into tear. They are blessed sooo much subhnallah
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM

yeh Qari Basit is way tooo hard to copy..even advanced Qaris find his style hard to copy :D

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Well there ya go he's the best init thats why! about time people admitted to it now :D
Ma'assalama

Umar001
05-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Akhi build the foundations.

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't know the username and password I have to ask someone.....

I don't want easy I want to beautify the recitation little kids have annoying recitations sometimes and I feel sometimes they might blow the speakers.

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Well there ya go he's the best init thats why! about time people admitted to it now
Ma'assalama
In his style he is the best i think but let's get back on topic before the mods arive :D

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Salamualikum.
Youv'e got the nerve to say that! Subhnallah how dare you!

You should listen to my Aalimah's son who is 15 subhnallah he does NOT blow the speaker nor it's annoying. no matter how someone recites the Qura'an it will NEVER be annoying!

&& don't be that nasti dude stop being selfish please. There only little atleast there keen on learning so RESPECT!

By the way why don't ya ask your nan?

ma'assalama

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Youv'e got the nerve to say that! Subhnallah how dare you!

You should listen to my Aalimah's son who is 15 subhnallah he does NOT blow the speaker nor it's annoying. no matter how someone recites the Qura'an it will NEVER be annoying!

&& don't be that nasti dude stop being selfish please. There only little atleast there keen on learning so RESPECT!

By the way why don't ya ask your nan?

ma'assalama

Yes some kids don't have the voice and they try really hard. Their voice is high pitched and so yes when they are reciting they might blow the speakers. :statisfie

In prayer the Quran is best recited by a male (who knows most Quran of course) because the male voice has more power and vigor when reciting. There is no women Qaris from my understanding. The Quran in a man's voice sounds better than a children or a women.

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
copy sheikh saleh aal talib, now thats what you call a voice :D

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:43 PM

Yes some kids don't have the voice and they try really hard. Their voice is high pitched and so yes when they are reciting they might blow the speakers. :statisfie

In prayer the Quran is best recited by a male (who knows most Quran of course) because the male voice has more power and vigor when reciting. There is no women Qaris from my understanding. The Quran in a man's voice sounds better than a children or a women.
Salamualikum.
Competing eh?

well all i can say is allah knows best and i am proud of the people who are learning lie MYSELF and others and whom have already learnt big ap to my bludz :thumbs_up

Ma'assalama

Ghira
05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Salamualikum.
Competing eh?

well all i can say is allah knows best and i am proud of the people who are learning lie MYSELF and others and whom have already learnt big ap to my bludz :thumbs_up

Ma'assalama
Sister I don't want to say anything negative. I am glad you are learning the proper recitation and I pray you teach many people what you learn. We need more sisters who are reciting and understanding the Quran instead of singing random useless music....I am proud as well..Keep it up.

The topic is beautify the recitation...I want a clear voice my voice gets scratchy and I feel like I need to clear my voice. Does humming help?

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Sister I don't want to say anything negative. I am glad you are learning the proper recitation and I pray you teach many people what you learn. We need more sisters who are reciting and understanding the Quran instead of singing random useless music....I am proud as well..Keep it up.

The topic is beautify the recitation...I want a clear voice my voice gets scratchy and I feel like I need to clear my voice. Does humming help?
Salamualikum.
Humming? erm never heard of that one :skeleton:
But why not clear your throat by always drinking water and hey go to local mosque nearby so an Imam can help you better than over NET inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

Umar001
05-08-2007, 08:53 PM
recite in high and low pitch, the highest and lowest, that will help you to know your limits, plus gets rid of the stratch. lol.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Salamualikum.
^ You sound like a musician :X
ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 09:00 PM

lol :D:D^
as chacha said Sheikh Salih al Talib has a great voice too
oh and btw there are female qaris..my mum's got a cd of one

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Salamualikum
Indeed there are my Aalimah is aswel! subhnallah she's back tommorrow from Umrah yay soo happy
ma'assalama

Al-Hanbali
05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
:salamext:

I think what you should do is keep on listening to one particular Qari who you like. I think that in this way, you will gradually pick up the style and tune of recitation of the Qari, insha'ALLAH. It worked for me to some extent.

Ghira
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Salamualikum.
Humming? erm never heard of that one :skeleton:
But why not clear your throat by always drinking water and hey go to local mosque nearby so an Imam can help you better than over NET inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

People go to the masjid for 5 daily prayers, learn to read Quran, learn tajweed, listen to a khutba not to see how they can beautify their recitation.

What actually got me really interested is when I visited a new masjid and the recitation of Imam made my head spin. I will ask him next Friday and inshaAllah I will post his recitaiton on this forum...He is amaaaaazing.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Salamualikum.
^ I mean call hime over to your house and spend time with him or something like at allah hu alim
Ma'assalama

Ghira
05-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Salamualikum.
^ I mean call hime over to your house and spend time with him or something like at allah hu alim
Ma'assalama
You know that is a good idea since my Grandfather knows him well and he always asks my Grandfather to lead prayer instead of him. We will see I only been to this masjid like twice...InshaAllah. I was amazed this Imam speaks like 5 different languages and graduated from Al Azhar...we will see.

Kittygyal
05-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Salamualikum.
Niiiiiiiice mashallah ya you do that
Ma'assalama

Ghira
05-08-2007, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad
:salamext:

I think what you should do is keep on listening to one particular Qari who you like. I think that in this way, you will gradually pick up the style and tune of recitation of the Qari, insha'ALLAH. It worked for me to some extent.
I have been listening to Mishary Rashid Al Efasy for like 3 years and I learned many Surahs listening to him ...Alhumdulilah but I realized how he beautifies his recitation cannot be matched by someone like me so I stuck with the Imam at my old masjid.

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Humming?

Just before you recite you should refrain from speaking loudly and just whisper

Sounds silly but after it helps your voice :o|

It does TRY IT

Singers do it 8-)

Peace.

Noor
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
AsalamuAlaikum brother,

Have you listen to Mahmoud AlHosary recite the Quran? MashaAllah he has a nice voice and I think you'd be able to copy his style. Let me know what you think.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.