/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from...'

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
:sl:

Allahumma inni 'a'udhubika minal hammi walhuzni, Wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, Wa dal'id-daiyni wa ghalabatir-rajal

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/158

Once, they came to Abu ad-Darda' while he was in the mosque, saying to him: "O Abu ad-Darda'! Your house has been burned down!" He replied: "By Allah, it has not been burned down." They said: "It has been burned down!" He replied: "By Allah, it has not been burned down." They went to see that the fire had consumed everything in the area, and had stopped right at Abu ad-Darda''s house, and he did not even get up to go see for himself. They came back and asked him: "What drove you to insist that it had not been burned down?" He replied: "The Messenger of Allah had taught me some words that, if I say them, I will not be stricken with any harm," - he is secure! - "'O Allah, I seek refuge with You from sadness and grief, and I seek refuge with You from inability and laziness, and I seek refuge with You from cowardliness and stinginess, and I seek refuge with You from being overpowered by debts and men,' so, I made this supplication."

In regards to this same supplication, Abu Umamah narrated: "I was sitting in the mosque, when the Messenger of Allah asked me: "What is wrong, Abu Umamah?" I replied: "I am in distress because of a debt that I owe." The Prophet then told me: "Supplicate with these words ('O Allah, I seek refuge with You from sadness and grief...')." So, I supplicated with these words, and Allah removed my distress, and paid off my debt."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-07-2007, 11:05 PM
:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah khayr akhi! thats beautiful :D i wna read that all the time now insha Allaah. :)

vpb
05-07-2007, 11:15 PM
jazakallah khair for the post brother.
need to memorize that dua in arabic :) inshaAllah te ala.

Islam_sister
05-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Asalaam Alaykum

Jazak Allah Khayr :D

Thanks you my brother.. Masha'allah that is so beautiful:D

Ma Salaama
Allah Hafiz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
:salamext:

Subhan Allah!

What a powerful du'a. Jazakallahu Khayr.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
SUBHANALLAH!!

JazakAllahu khaiR!!!!!!!

Kittygyal
06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Salamualikum.
Mashallah without dua'ahs theres NOTHING!
shukran brother
Ma'assalama

Have Faith
06-07-2007, 12:10 PM
MASHALLAH, Jazkhallah khair!! beautiful dua that we all need

IbnAbdulHakim
06-15-2007, 09:39 AM
subhanAllah..

skhalid
06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
subhanallah...and jazakallah for the post bro

Musalmaan
06-15-2007, 11:42 AM
jazak Allah khairihi.

neo-blues :D

Aziaf
06-15-2007, 11:50 AM
:sl: :D :sl: :D

Jakallah kayrun..

:w: :D :w: :D

Hashim_507
06-15-2007, 11:50 AM
SunhanAllah,

Jazaak Allaah khayr thats beautiful.

shigatse
06-25-2007, 07:38 PM

'Abd al-Baari
03-29-2008, 03:02 PM
:sl:

BUMP

Awseome post akheee!! JazakAllah Khayr!! :thumbs_up

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.