/* */

PDA

View Full Version : summer is here, so Remember...

islamirama
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Assalamu Alaikum waRahmatullahi AazaWajal waBarakatuh,

- Remember that with the rise in temperatures there will be an evident rise in fahisha/shamelessness and all types of immodesty that will surround you and I.

-Remember to guard your eyes and guard your faith for these are the times where fitnah/trials will approach us from all corners.

-Remember that no matter how difficult it becomes to maintain your modesty, Allah Subhanhu wa ta'Ala knows of every single sweat, tear and struggle along the way. He, Subhanhu wa ta'Ala is closer to us and knows us better than we know our own selves: "And when My servants ask you concerning me, I am indeed close (to them): I respond to the du'a (prayer) of every suppliant when they call on Me." [2:186]

-Remember that the blazing heat of the sun can no where be put into comparison with the heat of the blazing fire: "The fire of Hell is more intense in heat." [9:81] Remain firm on modesty and Allah will further strengthen your firmness on His Deen.

-Remember, it may be that you strive to cover yourself during these heat-filled days; whether it be with loose garments, hijab, jilbabs, etc... but just imagine the heat you feel with the hijab is not even an atom's worth of heat that fills the Hell-Fire:"Surely, those who disbelieved in Our Ayat, We shall burn them in Fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for other skins that they may taste the punishment." [4:56] and "By no means! Verily, it will be the Fire of Hell. Taking away (burning completely) the scalp!" [70:15-16].

-Remember that this life is nothing but a split moment and very soon we will stand in front of our Creator and be held accountable for every single sin: major, minor; known, unknown; evident, hidden! Likewise, if you and I strive towards the good then we will be rewarded with Allah's mercy, His forgiveness and His pleasure: Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri said that the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) said, "Allah, the Exalted and Ever High, will say to the people of Paradise, 'O residents of Paradise!' They will say, 'Labbayka (here we are!), our Lord, and Sa'dayk (we are happy at your service!) and all the good is in Your Hand.' He (Allah) will ask them, 'Are you pleased?' They will say, 'Why would not we be pleased, O Lord, while You have given us what You have not given any other of your creation?' He (Allah) will say, 'Should I give you what is better than all this?' They will say, 'O Lord! What is better than all this!' He (Allah) will say, 'I will grant you My pleasure and will never afterwards be angry with you.'" [Ahmad]

- Remember that if you ever doubt yourselves or when you waver in your faith, remind yourselves that this religion is the best there is and there is no better place to be than on the path of Guidance: "It is He Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, to make it superior over all religions even though the idolators hate (it)." [9:33]

-Remember that even the fish in the sea and the birds that fly in the sky testify to the Oneness of Allah and are obedient and submissive to Him. Moreover, even if our shadow prostrates to the Majesty of Allah! Why then should you and I, a fashioned creation of Allah, not be subservient to Him?

-Remember that there is nothing better that you can fill your hearts, your tongues, your ears and your thoughts with than the recitation, the understanding and the implementation of the Glorious Qur'an. "So be not in doubt about it. Verily, it is the truth from your Lord." [11:17] Ask Allah Subhanhu wa ta'Ala, to make the Qur'an, the spring of your heart, the light of your chest, the banisher of your sadness and the reliever of your distress, just as Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) used to supplicate [Ahmad]

-Remember that there is not a thing nor a person that can bring any harm or good to you except if Allah wills for it to happen. And remind yourself, anything that Allah wills is good for you whether you see the immediate good in it or not.

-Remember that you and I should not look to complain about our grieves and sorrows to created beings. Instead we should only complain to Allah and He is the Only One we should turn to. Just as Ya'qub (alayhi Salaam) said, "I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah." [12:86] You may be at a point where you are pouring your heart out to your friend and just a minor distraction such as a cellphone call will end it all. Likewise, a therapist needs to be available at the office hours or an appointment needs to be made to let out your feelings and emotions. Similarly, just as you are pouring your thoughts and feelings out, the therapy session comes to an end! In direct contrast, the complaining or "session" with Allah does not require any appointments, no distractions and no time limit! You and I will gain so much more if we speak to our Rabb for He knows you better than you know your own self!

-Remember that with every difficulty comes ease: "So, verily, with every difficulty there is relief. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief." [94:5-6] Allah will never burden you and I beyond what we can handle. And Who can possibly know us better than our Creator!

-Remember that during times of prosperity and happiness, turn to Allah in gratitude and thank Him for what He has blessed you with. And when hardships and adversities come about, turn to Allah with patience and remind yourselves of the patience of Ya'qub (alayhi Salaam) when he lost his beloved son and immediately uttered the words: "So (for me) patience is most fitting." [12:18] Let you and I choose patience and gratitude over all other alternatives.

-Remember that time is very limited and every moment of ours counts and will be questioned of on the Day of Resurrection. On that day we will search our pockets for any good deeds that can make our scales heavy so as to save us from the blazing heat and entire us into eternal bliss.

-Remember that the greatest deprivation for mankind is not the lack or shortage of food, nor shelter. Rather, the greatest deprivation is the inability to see the One Who created you and fashioned you. The One Who provided for you, bestowed His continuous blessings upon you. The greatest deprivation is not being able to see your Rabb! 'Abdullah bin Qays Al-Ash'ari said that the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) said, "Two gardens, their pots and whatever is in them are made of gold, and two gardens, their pots and whatever is in them are made of silver. Only the Veil of Pride of Allah's Face separates the people from gazing at Him, in the garden of Eden."

-Remember...For Allah says that only a few actually remember Allah: "Little do you remember!" [7:3]

-Reflect for Allah did not create everything that surrounds you out of vain. Rather He, the Most High created everything to serve a purpose. Strive to be of the people who reflect: "Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. Those who remember Allah standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): 'Our Lord! You have not created this without purpose, glory to You!" [3:190-191]

-Remember to be thankful for there is nothing that you have except that Allah has blessed you with it yet still we busy our lives and never stop to thank Him Who is deserving of all thanks and praise: "Little thanks do you give!" [7:10]

-Remember to remember...and remind so that you may not forget!

WaSalamu Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
:sl:

MashAllah! What a greatest remind to us! JakaakAllah Khair for bring it up!

May Allah Ta'ala reward you!

:w:

Fi Amani Allah

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2007, 01:35 PM
jazakAllah khair

important reminders!!

islamirama
05-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I have another one at home, will share that later on inshallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
bump....

Kittygyal
06-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Salamualikum.
:cry: SUBHNALLAH!!!
Please share more please inshallah.
ma'assalama

ummAbdillah
06-01-2007, 03:22 PM
This is a good reminder for us all :) Jazakallah khayr.
May allah (s.w.t.) increase our Imaan.

islamirama
06-19-2007, 02:04 PM
bump:)

skhalid
06-19-2007, 02:05 PM
jazakallah....

youngsister
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
:sl: Beautiful reminder!:w:

jannat
06-19-2007, 05:54 PM

mashallah, a beautiful reminder! Jazakallah khair for that. i hope that we all have taqwa and will be constantly reminded inshallah.

F@tim@
06-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Brilliant post bro!:thumbs_up
Now everytime a person acts upon what u have posted then u will get the thawaab 4 it too.

F@tim@
06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Brilliant post bro!
Now everytime someone acts upon all that you have posted, you will get the thawaab 4 it too!

F@tim@
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Ooops double post!:rollseyes

jannat
06-21-2007, 12:01 PM
is it k for me to copy and paste the reminder and email it to my friends?
jazakallah

islamirama
06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
is it k for me to copy and paste the reminder and email it to my friends?
jazakallah

ofcourse, i would recommend everyone to do that. spread the word! :peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.