/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Peace and friendship

MeMama
05-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Peace to you. I'm here to learn more about Islam. My brother recently said his Shehada, and I'm interested to learn more about the faith he has chosen. I've personally been searching all my adult life for a faith to believe in, and who knows, maybe Islam will be it? I believe in giving everything a fair chance, so I'm doing that with Islam now. I'm currently reading an English translation of the Qur'an (translated by Yusuf Ali) but because I have a small baby to care for and a household to run, I don't have much time to devote to it and am only on the 2nd surah.

Anyway, hello, peace, and I look forward to learning from you all. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey. :) Welcome to the forums.

I hope you have a beneficial yet enjoyable stay here, and praise be to Allaah on your brothers reversion! :) May Allaah accept his good deeds and grant him and us all Paradise. May Allaah guide us all to the correct path to Him, ameen.

Here's a good link to get some basic info on the beliefs in Islaam:

http://beconvinced.com/en/main.php

If you ever have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask!

Peace.

islamirama
05-08-2007, 03:53 PM
salam (peace)

welcome to the forum, we pray it will be beneficial for you inshallah (God willng).

Feel free to browse around as we have tons of topics being discussed, and also don't be shy to ask any questions either.

A good site to get the basics of islam from is http://islamworld.net/

'Abd al-Baari
05-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Firstly welocme to the forums..hope you have a good and beneficial stay here :)
I'm glad that your reading the Quran..i hope it's very beneficial for you..and don't rush..it will be easier for you to understand if you read bits at a time

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask

oh and say 'congrats' to your brother for me :D lol. May Allah accept his good deeds

Once again Welcome :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Maysun
05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Hii..!
Welcome To The Li Islamic Forum!!
hope you have a good and beneficial stay here
A good site to get the basics of islam from is www.islamicgirl-4life.com
May Allaah guide us all to the correct path to Him, ameen

Riya90
05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Welcome, hope ur stay here will be beneficial :)

learningislam
05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Hello MeMama

Hope You have a beneficial stay here..... :)
And learn about islam too inshaAllah

peace

ummAbdillah
05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
salaam
welcome to LI sis :)
I've personally been searching all my adult life for a faith to believe in,
May allah guide you and protect you and your family. Ameen
w/salaam

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Hello,

How are you? Welcome to the forum :D

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Peace be upon those who follow guidance!

جوري
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: sister in humanity it is nice having you on board... May G-D guide you unto the path of the righteous... I must admit I am very impressed with your profile... I share in a number of your hobbies... including stain glass and stamping... but who has the time :-[ -- perhaps you'd let us see some of your work insha'Allah here on the forum in the future
have a nice stay we hope to learn much from you and you from us
peace!

Al_Imaan
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

MeMama
05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Thank you for the welcomes! This is a huge forum, there is a lot for me to read and digest over the next few days. If I have any questions, I promise I won't be shy. :D

MeMama
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
... I must admit I am very impressed with your profile... I share in a number of your hobbies... including stain glass and stamping... but who has the time :-[ -- perhaps you'd let us see some of your work insha'Allah here on the forum in the future
Hello and Peace PurestAmbrosia! Thank you for your compliments. I'd love to share some of my work with you sometime. Maybe we can chat about art and hobbies sometime too. I've never worked with stained glass, but I want to someday when my baby's older. :statisfie

zaria
05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the forum and All praise is due to Allah (swt) on your brother's reversion. May Allah (swt) grant him and us paradise with our good deeds and forgive us for our sins. May your brother be a physical, wonderful example to you in leading you to the truth. Its wonderful to see that your heart is open to learning the truth May Allah (swt) continue to guide you and make it easy for you to understand Ameen.

Strzelecki
05-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Helloooo MeMama. ^^
Welcome to LI.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Hey and welcome to LI!
Congrats on your brothers reversion. May Allah keep him amongst the righteous, Ameen!
Pleasee enjoy your stay and hope to see you around a lot.

Peace sister!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.