PDA

View Full Version : Where is the muslim sisters?



Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I live in small that is less than 50k population in the states. Muslims are not a lot here in this town. I hardly see any muslim sisters in the town; Its sad their a lot of muslim brothers looking for sisters for marriage. Where are the muslim sisters? There is not even a lot in the whole America; Is is me or Its just happening?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Go to another country to get wed? :oS

Or is that not possible!?

There's loadsa Muslim sisters in UK Alhamdhulillah :)

Peace.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
I live in small that is less than 50k population in the states. Muslims are not a lot here in this town. I hardly see any muslim sisters in the town; Its sad their a lot of muslim brothers looking for sisters for marriage. Where are the muslim sisters? There is not even a lot in the whole America; Is is me or Its just happening?
You cannot see Muslim sisters because they don't like to show up. Moreover, sisters don't marry to brothers in USA ( or maybe everywhere). If you're really interested to marry a Muslim girl, then talk to your parents. (I remember that it wasn't very long when Muslim boys never talked about getting married in front of anyone including their parents. It was always the parents who arranged the marriage. You could talk about your marriage only if you had no parents or no close relative to care about you.
Reply

islamirama
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
There's more muslims in america than UK. You're city has 50K ppl, UT has 50K students alone. You should try another city if you are looking, also try online like shaadi.com or zawaj.com as that seems to be trend these days.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 09:46 PM
No don't look online, das de stupidest thing i've ever heard off
and then you wonder why theres so much break ups these days

Peace.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Go to another country to get wed? :oS

Or is that not possible!?

There's loadsa Muslim sisters in UK Alhamdhulillah :)

Peace.
I am not the only one talking about this issue; its all over the nation that give me news alert.
Reply

England
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Stop referring him to the UK. There's too many immigrants here as it is.
Try France I've seen loadsa muslims there. I've also seen alot of muslim "sisters" in the middle east. Go on to an online dating agency and put in "looking for fellow muslim sisters. Looking for immediate marriage" :D
Reply

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
^^ No don't do that

No internett bull...shiyzah

Try indonesia bro :)

:o| Peace.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by England
Stop referring him to the UK. There's too many immigrants here as it is.
Try France I've seen loadsa muslims there. I've also seen alot of muslim "sisters" in the middle east. Go on to an online dating agency and put in "looking for fellow muslim sisters. Looking for immediate marriage" :D
"There is too many immigrants in U.S too".
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
^^ No don't do that

No internett bull...shiyzah

Try indonesia bro :)

:o| Peace.
I dont know about internet dating, I prefere very halal way. Indonesia is good Idea but its too far.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Ohh well if its the journey, you should go to the closest Muslim populated country :D

If it is possible as in money wise...etc AsalamuAlaykum must dash! :)
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by England
Stop referring him to the UK. There's too many immigrants here as it is.
Try France I've seen loadsa muslims there. I've also seen alot of muslim "sisters" in the middle east. Go on to an online dating agency and put in "looking for fellow muslim sisters. Looking for immediate marriage" :D
Insha'Allah(God Willing) you'll be a Muslim brother one day :)
Reply

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Insha'Allah(God Willing) you'll be a Muslim brother one day :)
InshaAllah, May God guide you!, Ameen (say Ameen) and you bro England say Ameen :D
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Ohh well if its the journey, you should go to the closest Muslim populated country :D

If it is possible as in money wise...etc AsalamuAlaykum must dash! :)
There is nothing wrong going to beautiful country like Indonesia; I just hope I get income to get there.
Reply

Noor
05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
What about the many unmarried sisters in the great white north? It's not too far, won't cost you an arm and a leg to live here. Plus Canadians (most of them) are accepting of different people, especially in Toronto, which is the most mutlicultural city in the world.
Reply

iwuvaziaf
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
wow.. subhanallah.. i didnt know marriage was such an issue for sum ppl.. lack of sisters? man! my sisterhood network is growing by the minute mashaAllah.. we dont even get offended when we forget each other's name sumtimes because we all understand it can be difficult to remember so many names.. bruv.. i think u shud try to get in touch with friends, family.. friends of friends and friends of family.. best way is word of mouth.. i've seen sum sisters marrying spouses thru weird family connections... whoever wud even guess..

InshaAllah we'll pray for u... Brothers, help the brother out.. inshaAllah! sum1 help!

salamaleykum
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-08-2007, 10:49 PM
:sl:

As far as I know, there are plenty of sisters here in the US. But you just got to look around. Why go so far? Try searching in the states InshaAllah. But it's your choice where you decide to look. It's unlikely that you can't find atleast one. But if none suit you then...go as far as you wish! Anywho, there are plenty of us that are unmarried.

Good luck!

:w:
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Noor
What about the many unmarried sisters in the great white north? It's not too far, won't cost you an arm and a leg to live here. Plus Canadians (most of them) are accepting of different people, especially in Toronto, which is the most mutlicultural city in the world.
Mashallah, I love multicoltural place like Canada.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
wow.. subhanallah.. i didnt know marriage was such an issue for sum ppl.. lack of sisters? man! my sisterhood network is growing by the minute mashaAllah.. we dont even get offended when we forget each other's name sumtimes because we all understand it can be difficult to remember so many names.. bruv.. i think u shud try to get in touch with friends, family.. friends of friends and friends of family.. best way is word of mouth.. i've seen sum sisters marrying spouses thru weird family connections... whoever wud even guess..

InshaAllah we'll pray for u... Brothers, help the brother out.. inshaAllah! sum1 help!

salamaleykum
Sisterhood network is great thing to help out brothers who are single that wants to get marriege.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
:sl:

As far as I know, there are plenty of sisters here in the US. But you just got to look around. Why go so far? Try searching in the states InshaAllah. But it's your choice where you decide to look. It's unlikely that you can't find atleast one. But if none suit you then...go as far as you wish! Anywho, there are plenty of us that are unmarried.

Good luck!

:w:

Your are so right sister, I need to get out of this small town.
Reply

iwuvaziaf
05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Mashallah, I love multicoltural place like Canada.
that can have its benefits but i've seen sum negative things happen.. by the help Allah.. Islam has spread worldwide and is continuing to spread, alhumdullilah .. I feel this euphoric sensation when i think how many muslims are under one roof in a gathering or at events.. subhanAllah! Bruv.. Allah will take u to where u r destined.. it may be canada, it may be indonesia, it may be UK.. never know!

Ask Him for help and turn to him for he will make ur search easy inshaAllah!
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
that can have its benefits but i've seen sum negative things happen.. by the help Allah.. Islam has spread worldwide and is continuing to spread, alhumdullilah .. I feel this euphoric sensation when i think how many muslims are under one roof in a gathering or at events.. subhanAllah! Bruv.. Allah will take u to where u r destined.. it may be canada, it may be indonesia, it may be UK.. never know!

Ask Him for help and turn to him for he will make ur search easy inshaAllah!
Inshallah Islam will spread faster than speed of light, and also multicultural is good for muslim community it unites us. Merriage is important because its halal and blessing for all muslims.
Reply

Woodrow
05-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Since you are in the US, you will be surprised at just how many Muslim college students there are. Find the closest college town to you and chances are there will be a number of Muslim students. Then talk to the Imam at the largest Masjid in the town, tell him you are seeking a wife.

Keep away from the online dating services. At the very least they will lead to a haraam relationship
Reply

Hashim_507
05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Since you are in the US, you will be surprised at just how many Muslim college students there are. Find the closest college town to you and chances are there will be a number of Muslim students. Then talk to the Imam at the largest Masjid in the town, tell him you are seeking a wife.

Keep away from the online dating services. At the very least they will lead to a haraam relationship
I live in collage town really except there is little population of muslim students. Muslim students are not a lot in this collage town hardly you will see muslims. Mashallah brother, your idea is great, and online dating will lead people to haram relationship.
Reply

islamirama
05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Try to your local MSA, i'm sure you'll find somebdoy there.
Reply

Woodrow
05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Most of the Islamic Centers on the campuses throughout the US have close contact with Each other.

Here is a link to the one at UT Austin. I believ you could find somebody there willing to direct you to the largest Muslim Student organization near you.

http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/msa/
Reply

islamirama
05-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Most of the Islamic Centers on the campuses throughout the US have close contact with Each other.

Here is a link to the one at UT Austin. I believ you could find somebody there willing to direct you to the largest Muslim Student organization near you.

http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/msa/
Here's a whole list of msa

http://www.msa-national.org/resources/msawebsites.html
Reply

iwuvaziaf
05-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Assalamaleykum

Goodmorning from London.. or Goodafternoon rather...

Glad to see brothers helping out brothers! MashaAllah.. :D

wsalam
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
There is nothing wrong going to beautiful country like Indonesia; I just hope I get income to get there.
What's wrong with Afghan sisters? Why don't you refer him to Afghanistan? He could find the very fundamental wife from Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
What's wrong with Afghan sisters? Why don't you refer him to Afghanistan? He could find the very fundamental wife from Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia.
Wow, I love Afghanistan sisters and Saudis. Actually it open gates for multicultural Islamic community.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Wow, I love Afghanistan sisters and Saudis. Actually it open gates for multicultural Islamic community.
That's the spirit, momin!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2007, 12:45 AM
:sl:

^^Lol. Wherever you go bro, I hope u find a suitable sister, InshaAllah.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

:w:
Reply

Hashim_507
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
:sl:

^^Lol. Wherever you go bro, I hope u find a suitable sister, InshaAllah.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

:w:
I hope I find a soulmate muslimah..:)
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
:sl:

^^Lol. Wherever you go bro, I hope u find a suitable sister, InshaAllah.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

:w:
I think his problem is not just finding a sister. He's looking for a suitable match. I wish he finds a jal pari of his dreams soon.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
I hope I find a soulmate muslimah..:)
InshaAllah, whatever Allah Wills. Make plenty of Du'a! Don't underestimate the power of Du'a! :)

Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
I think his problem is not just finding a sister. He's looking for a suitable match. I wish he finds a jal pari of his dreams soon.
I dunno bout jalpari aka water angel aka mermaid! But InshaAllah a good Muslimah.

:sl:
Reply

Hashim_507
05-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
I think his problem is not just finding a sister. He's looking for a suitable match. I wish he finds a jal pari of his dreams soon.
Thank you for the wish..
Reply

Hashim_507
05-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
InshaAllah, whatever Allah Wills. Make plenty of Du'a! Don't underestimate the power of Du'a! :)
True, duas are the best.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2007, 12:56 AM
^^Lol @ sister, u mean bro.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Lol @ sister, u mean bro.
I couldnt tell its gander; It was undisclosed.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2007, 01:06 AM
^^Look at the name InshaAllah :giggling:
Reply

Hashim_507
05-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Look at the name InshaAllah :giggling:
Well I though the name Iqbal was a girl name, I know a sisterl name Iqbal. Dont take it offended. That was the reason I get confused.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Ohhh my bad bro LoL. I had no idea. Khair, its all good, InshaAllah.

:sl:
Reply

***Umm-e-kulsum
05-10-2007, 08:16 AM
i wouldnt advise u 2 do on line dating or anything like that coz thn that wud jus b haraam so its nt a good idea!!!!
brother try Saudi Arabia Mashallah the amount of beautiful sisters u get there is amazin!!!
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by ***Umm-e-kulsum
i wouldnt advise u 2 do on line dating or anything like that coz thn that wud jus b haraam so its nt a good idea!!!!
brother try Saudi Arabia Mashallah the amount of beautiful sisters u get there is amazin!!!
What about a blind date with a Muslimah?

I think we should assume that all Mulimahs are good.
Reply

nevesirth
05-10-2007, 10:36 PM
no ones talking about africa? we got alota good muslimat here, somalia, tunisia, egypt, sudan etc. inshallah ull find a partner in any of these countries
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by nevesirth
no ones talking about africa? we got alota good muslimat here, somalia, tunisia, egypt, sudan etc. inshallah ull find a partner in any of these countries
What do you mean by good Muslimat? Please describe some of the leading features of Muslimat from Somalia, Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan etc that distinguish them from others. Are they ready to adopt the culture of their husbands countries?
Reply

nevesirth
05-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
What do you mean by good Muslimat? Please describe some of the leading features of Muslimat from Somalia, Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan etc that distinguish them from others. Are they ready to adopt the culture of their husbands countries?
by good muslimahs, i mean decent and religious women. yes i guess theyll be ready to adopt their husbands culture. the truth is tht the cultures might even be alike.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
What about a blind date with a Muslimah?

I think we should assume that all Mulimahs are good.
Dating is haram in Islam, I was prefering halal way.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-11-2007, 12:52 AM
^^init...:X
Reply

Muslim Woman
05-11-2007, 12:59 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Hashim_507
..... Its sad their a lot of muslim brothers looking for sisters for marriage. Where are the muslim sisters? There is not even a lot in the whole America; Is is me or Its just happening?
i was thinking about this the other day......many unmarried brothers are here ....ready for marriage ; also many unmarried sisters are there but somehow marriage is not taking place.

I guess , volunteer match makers are very busy now a days. So , u may take help of matmonial sites.....some charge few......some are free.

here is a link


http://www.islamonline.net/Matrimoni...sh/Browse2.asp

Become our guest and Take a Tour and get a feel of the service. You will be able to view 10 member profiles, however you won’t be able to send any proposals. Or Register Now for free and start sending and receiving proposals with the utmost privacy and ease.


1 more :)

http://www.shaadi.com/matrimonials/muslim-matrimonial
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Dating is haram in Islam, I was prefering halal way.
In some religious tribes of Pakistan they marry their sisters with Quran when then don't find a suitable match for them.

If they can do this then, why can't you marry with Quran if you don't find a suitable match for yourself?

Is dating with Quran haram too?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2007, 07:45 PM
^^Why are you accepting ignorance brother? Don't mix culture with religion. BOTH are wrong, not right. Them doing it, doesn't make it correct. It's almost the same as Nuns who cannot marry because they "marry" themselves to God." Its also like saying its ok to drink alcohol because a lot of Muslims do. Comeon now.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Why are you accepting ignorance brother? Don't mix culture with religion. BOTH are wrong, not right. Them doing it, doesn't make it correct. It's almost the same as Nuns who cannot marry because they "marry" themselves to God." Its also like saying its ok to drink alcohol because a lot of Muslims do. Comeon now.
Don't take it serious, Jazzy.

I was telling you how different people use religion for their own purposes.
All religions have been changed/modified in different regions and in different times to fulfill the needs of some specific people. Religious forces don't resist much when religions are used by some influentials. They rather help them by giving their required interpretations. They only resist or create nuisance when some attempt is made to use religion for the benefit of general public. Otherwise they use the religion only to scare the general public or to give free hand to influentials.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
^^Oh ok, my bad. I apologize.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Oh ok, my bad. I apologize.
Let's go back to the topic.

Is it really hard to find a good match these days?

The world has become a global village now. I think it shouldn't be that difficult if one is serious. People looking for Muslimahs in their cities in fact want to talk to them or meet them personally before marriage. They don't consider this as dating though.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2007, 12:52 AM
In order to meet u have to have a wali/guardian there. Cant be alone.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
05-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
In order to meet u have to have a wali/guardian there. Cant be alone.
Are you sure?

Can you quote some examples from the life of the holy prophet?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2007, 03:09 AM
A man and woman cannot be ALONE together. When there are 2 people, shaitan is always the third. And this has been mentioned a lot here on the forum. Try searching brother. The fact that we cant "free mix" already answers that a man and woman musn't be alone together. And if you happen to find someone you like and would like to marry them or get to know them, your supposed to have a wali/guardian with you. Your probably talking about proposing to the person, thats not what I am talking about.

:sl:
Reply

Hashim_507
05-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
A man and woman cannot be ALONE together. When there are 2 people, shaitan is always the third. And this has been mentioned a lot here on the forum. Try searching brother. The fact that we cant "free mix" already answers that a man and woman musn't be alone together. And if you happen to find someone you like and would like to marry them or get to know them, your supposed to have a wali/guardian with you. Your probably talking about proposing to the person, thats not what I am talking about.

:sl:
I agree with you, halal way is better.
Reply

tasha>farah
05-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
No don't look online, das de stupidest thing i've ever heard off
and then you wonder why theres so much break ups these days

Peace.

i disagree to that,me personally would not look online but you can't say no wonder theirs so many break ups because i no so many people that have divorced,cheated,left their wives,all because they wasn't happy with an arraanged marriage.so someone could go online,start talking to another muslim,find out they have so musc in common,feel attracted to each other without seing each other,so not for the beauty or wealth,meet,fall in love and have a successful marrige.
Reply

Muslim Woman
05-18-2007, 03:37 PM



Salaam/peace


Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
In some religious tribes of Pakistan they marry their sisters with Quran when then don't find a suitable match for them.
what's the meaning of 'marry their sisters ' with Quran ? Own brothers & sisters are getting married in Pakistan ? It's totally forbidden.

Can u explain more , pl ?


Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
^^No in some parts of Pakistan, like rural areas or villages, families marry their daughters off to the Qur'an rather than to a male. Almost the same as a nun who doesn't marry and devotes or marries herself to God Astaghfirullah, Na Audhubillah.
Reply

Muslim Woman
05-18-2007, 03:47 PM



Salaam/peace

Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^No in some parts of Pakistan, like rural areas or villages, families marry their daughters off to the Qur'an rather than to a male. .....
oh my God , this is the first time i've heard of it. They have gone mad ???? Where did they get this idea from ???

I can't believe it.

Reply

iwuvaziaf
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Salamaleykum

Muslim Woman, sister be aware this is out of ignorance if it DOES take place.. though, this thread is the first time which has informed me of any such doings.

Do keep in mind, 96% of pakistan's population is muslim, the rest either followers of christianity or jehovah's witness. They are spread amongst the muslim and where there is poverty, lack of knowledge... peer influence can be of danger..!

Its like I was discussing an issue with my cousin about why people dont fear Allah when depriving them of what is rightfully theirs and truth is, if u talk to these people.. they just about have the basic knowledge of islam and i mean, the five pillars... going deep and searching for answers is not an avenue..

so back to what u asked... well, there are devoted christians in pakistan and who is to say that ignorant muslims are not following their ways..

Let us pray for them inshaAllah..

wsalam
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
InshaAllah, Ameen.
Reply

Curaezipirid
05-23-2007, 02:40 AM
Acutally here in Australia the Arab Muslim women complain of there not being enough eligible Muslim batchelors.

Also are Aboriginal women lacking enough eligible Aboriginal batchelors.

Why is it that more male believers looking to marry are in America, I wonder?

I suspect the pop music industry is making all our minds too closely attuned with the American land, but who could be sure of that?

salam
Reply

Curaezipirid
05-23-2007, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Dating is haram in Islam, I was prefering halal way.
So it must be held to be Haram to have a date.

My own mind is always in a great difficulty in respect of needing a Husband. Because I am totally not culturally enabled to join with mainstream Australian practises.

Even before I re-found my indigenous identity, and became a Muslim, I was always, all my life, terrified by the dating rituals and all that, and so never participated in any mainstream boy girl getting to know each other stuff.

But because the rest of my upbringing was totally mainstream Aussie, it is sort of awkward at the best of times among the majority of the Aboriginal population, although eventually a traditional man tracked me down from a Dream he had and made me a formal proposal. But he would not commit to what I need from a Husband, although he has included me into traditional Pitjintjatjara Kinship, whom, as the custodians of Uluru are an important people, (even if that job is not really well regarded in our old way, in Islam it is alike to owning responsiblity to manage the land adjacent to Ka'ba). But most of the nicest Aborigine men are well married young because there are more nice young women around than men. Same among Arabs, and not being an Arabic speaker, why would an Arab marry me. And so few ordinary Australian men have any inkling as to what Islam really is. Even believers here in Jesus were being lied to and misinformed that Islam is just a cop out of responsibility. Hopefully that problem is being remedied now, and can be remedied quite rapidly, if not very openly. But the fight is a fight between the American evangelists control of Australian churches, and Indigenous control.

But what I need to tell is that the fact of the matter is that as a girl, I simply can not engage in any consideration of any possiblity of any marital like relations with any male, unless he shares cultural belief with me. That is because if the male in the equation is in a different culture, then the female can only experience his approach to her alike to being raped. This is because of the nature of the mechanisms of culture.

I was recently approached by an ordinary mainstream white Australian man, who was really very nice, and interested in me, and possibly even could be able to provide as I need if he could only convert to Islam. But that he had not any culture within which I could relate to him without compromising my own beliefs, meant that we failed to be able to regulate any future meeting. So I guess I will not be marrying any mainstream regular Aussie guy.

But why are there Muslim men in America who can not find a wife, when in many other Muslim oriented communities there are more girls unable to find a Husband?

Salam
Reply

Curaezipirid
05-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:



i was thinking about this the other day......many unmarried brothers are here ....ready for marriage ; also many unmarried sisters are there but somehow marriage is not taking place.

I guess , volunteer match makers are very busy now a days. So , u may take help of matmonial sites.....some charge few......some are free.

here is a link


http://www.islamonline.net/Matrimoni...sh/Browse2.asp

Become our guest and Take a Tour and get a feel of the service. You will be able to view 10 member profiles, however you won’t be able to send any proposals. Or Register Now for free and start sending and receiving proposals with the utmost privacy and ease.


1 more :)

http://www.shaadi.com/matrimonials/muslim-matrimonial
This was so funny looking at these links. In the first at islamonline, just going to the link my whole self felt suddenly alike to being naked, and I could not look any further, but in the second there was no such feeling. Somehow I associated the difference with the colours of the screen. The islamonline page is in purples, and the shaadi one showing a yellow clothed female.

This is what is happening:

Here in Australia there was a traditional marriage meant to take place, between two certain persons, and then shaytans interferred to prevent it because they wanted to keep the female a virgin so as to accuse more easily, and they wanted to keep the male using drugs. Because the two persons are significant in ancestry in the Aboriginal tradition it has effected many other believers here in Australia.

Meanwhile those whom had attuned to the shaytans have been getting married willy nilly all over the place. So all sorts of bad marriages are going ahead and more and more kafir being born. But when we were waiting for a marriage of whom can cause a birth that will ensure the world in Isa. The marriage was to be between the female describe in Revelations as pregnant, and her Husband. He is whom is longer deluded by the shaytan than she, but under her cover to protect herself, he can not recognise her to be not herself a shaytan. And the full story has its outcome in a mass conversion into Islam.

Salam
Reply

Hashim_507
05-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
So it must be held to be Haram to have a date.

My own mind is always in a great difficulty in respect of needing a Husband. Because I am totally not culturally enabled to join with mainstream Australian practises.

Even before I re-found my indigenous identity, and became a Muslim, I was always, all my life, terrified by the dating rituals and all that, and so never participated in any mainstream boy girl getting to know each other stuff.

But because the rest of my upbringing was totally mainstream Aussie, it is sort of awkward at the best of times among the majority of the Aboriginal population, although eventually a traditional man tracked me down from a Dream he had and made me a formal proposal. But he would not commit to what I need from a Husband, although he has included me into traditional Pitjintjatjara Kinship, whom, as the custodians of Uluru are an important people, (even if that job is not really well regarded in our old way, in Islam it is alike to owning responsiblity to manage the land adjacent to Ka'ba). But most of the nicest Aborigine men are well married young because there are more nice young women around than men. Same among Arabs, and not being an Arabic speaker, why would an Arab marry me. And so few ordinary Australian men have any inkling as to what Islam really is. Even believers here in Jesus were being lied to and misinformed that Islam is just a cop out of responsibility. Hopefully that problem is being remedied now, and can be remedied quite rapidly, if not very openly. But the fight is a fight between the American evangelists control of Australian churches, and Indigenous control.

But what I need to tell is that the fact of the matter is that as a girl, I simply can not engage in any consideration of any possiblity of any marital like relations with any male, unless he shares cultural belief with me. That is because if the male in the equation is in a different culture, then the female can only experience his approach to her alike to being raped. This is because of the nature of the mechanisms of culture.

I was recently approached by an ordinary mainstream white Australian man, who was really very nice, and interested in me, and possibly even could be able to provide as I need if he could only convert to Islam. But that he had not any culture within which I could relate to him without compromising my own beliefs, meant that we failed to be able to regulate any future meeting. So I guess I will not be marrying any mainstream regular Aussie guy.

But why are there Muslim men in America who can not find a wife, when in many other Muslim oriented communities there are more girls unable to find a Husband?

Salam
Culture should not get on your way; all muslims are brothers and sisters. Culture is only people living the way their were raised from there region that had influence their lives. Muslims communities in America does have great communication or interaction for matromonial issues. Its great weakness for muslim communities facing especially in non-muslim nation.
Reply

Curaezipirid
05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Culture should not get on your way; all muslims are brothers and sisters. Culture is only people living the way their were raised from there region that had influence their lives. Muslims communities in America does have great communication or interaction for matromonial issues. Its great weakness for muslim communities facing especially in non-muslim nation.
if you look to the actual words you quoted from which I wrote,
there is: "unless he shares culture with me"

meaning that if he so jealously guards what culture he is holding with himself, and will not engage with me from within the culture he knows, He can not have the interaction. From inside real Islam I can, because Islam is adaptable to any culture. Yet if he will not try even, because he is forced into a corrupted culture disenabling his will, then being a girl, it is certainly not for me to get into the realm of what knowledge he requires so as to break into his mind with real Islamic cultural certainty for him to have instead.

Would it have been better in Islam if I and he had rather not even bothered with cultural adherence and just got on with marital relations in public, since that was the full context of the communication possible in the situation?

It is not even a case of inter-racial relations, we are of the same race, and both white, both raised in mainstream culture, but I have found the way of Islam to sustain an awakened mind against entrappment into loss of my will, while he had not yet so found the way, but He being the man, needs. THe interaction is only possible if we meet by accident again and he decides draws me into his mainstream world which I have no access to because of its ills, or if he walks into a Mosque as a means of finding me. I can not effect the situation in the slightest.


But since we are already joined in mind, as though we had married, in a miracle of nature it is already happened without the physical liason, why might I ever want of the bodily relation with such a man? We have found a new meaning for the term "marriage of convenience"
Reply

Kittygyal
05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Salamualikum.
Am here on LI.
Ma'assalama.
Reply

Hashim_507
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
if you look to the actual words you quoted from which I wrote,
there is: "unless he shares culture with me"

meaning that if he so jealously guards what culture he is holding with himself, and will not engage with me from within the culture he knows, He can not have the interaction. From inside real Islam I can, because Islam is adaptable to any culture. Yet if he will not try even, because he is forced into a corrupted culture disenabling his will, then being a girl, it is certainly not for me to get into the realm of what knowledge he requires so as to break into his mind with real Islamic cultural certainty for him to have instead.

Would it have been better in Islam if I and he had rather not even bothered with cultural adherence and just got on with marital relations in public, since that was the full context of the communication possible in the situation?

It is not even a case of inter-racial relations, we are of the same race, and both white, both raised in mainstream culture, but I have found the way of Islam to sustain an awakened mind against entrappment into loss of my will, while he had not yet so found the way, but He being the man, needs. THe interaction is only possible if we meet by accident again and he decides draws me into his mainstream world which I have no access to because of its ills, or if he walks into a Mosque as a means of finding me. I can not effect the situation in the slightest.


But since we are already joined in mind, as though we had married, in a miracle of nature it is already happened without the physical liason, why might I ever want of the bodily relation with such a man? We have found a new meaning for the term "marriage of convenience"
Are you married? Culture should separated from religion values and its meaning. Their people who culturely influence mind in there marriege; both spouses have clashes.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 11:04 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 05:31 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!