/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How human the companions were?

Ghira
05-09-2007, 05:45 AM
:sl:
This thread is to show how 'human' companions were and they were not perfect angels. They did get mad, frustrated, angry, sad, but they struggled and tried their best to do good. I just liked this hadith because it shows how everything that happened to the companions was for a reason. Mainly to lay down the law for later generations to follow. Also it shows how human the companions were.

Narrated Aisha:

The wife of the Prophet : We set out with Allah's Apostle on one of his journeys, and when we were at Baida' or at Dhat-al-Jaish, a necklace of mine was broken (and lost). Allah's Apostle stayed there to look for it, and so did the people along with him. Neither were they at a place of water, nor did they have any water with them. So the people went to Abu Bakr As-Siddiq and said, "Don't you see what 'Aisha has done? She has made Allah's Apostle and the people, stay where there is no water and they have no water with them." Abu Bakr came while Allah's Apostle was sleeping with his head on my thigh. He said (to me), "You have detained Allah's Apostle and the people where there is no water, and they have no water with them." So he admonished me and said what Allah wished him to say, and he hit me on my flanks with his hand. Nothing prevented me from moving (because of pain! but the position of Allah's Apostle on my thigh. So Allah's Apostle got up when dawn broke and there was no water, so Allah revealed the Verse of Tayammum. Usaid bin Hudair said, "It is not the first blessing of yours, O the family of Abu Bakr." Then we made the camel on which I was riding, got up, and found the necklace under it.

Can you believe how much love the Prophet (saw) had for his wife Aisha (ra). Before they found the Necklace Aisha's father Abu Bakr (ra) got frustrated because people will complaining to him about his daughter necklase this caused to hit her. :argue: While the Prophet (saw) was not worrying as much as others.

I like how she reacted because Prophet (saw) was sleeping on her lap.

Narrated Aisha:

A necklace of mine was lost at Al-Baida' and we were on our way to Medina. The Prophet made his camel kneel down and dismounted and laid his head on my lap and slept. Abu Bakr came to me and hit me violently on the chest and said, "You have detained the people because of a necklace." I kept as motionless as a dead person because of the position of Allah's Apostle ; (on my lap) although Abu Bakr had hurt me (with the slap). Then the Prophet woke up and it was the time for the morning (prayer). Water was sought, but in vain; so the following Verse was revealed:--

"O you who believe! When you intend to offer prayer.." (5.6) Usaid bin Hudair said, "Allah has blessed the people for your sake, O the family of Abu Bakr. You are but a blessing for them."

I know if the Prophet (saw) was awake he would have stopped him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha!
05-24-2007, 12:21 PM
mashallah ty

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.