/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BBC Thought for the Day

rubiesand
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
:sl:

As always repaying time given to listening to him, here is Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad speaking on BBC's Thought for the day, his subject - The role of people of faith should be to strive to preserve the local genius of British diversity, in the furthest hills and valleys of these islands.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

sis... please forgive me but im finding it a bit difficult to understand. Is the subject trying to promote the western culture ("preserve the local genius of british diversity")?

sorry just trying to understand inshaAllah :)

Wa alaikum ussalaam

strider
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

sis... please forgive me but im finding it a bit difficult to understand. Is the subject trying to promote the western culture ("preserve the local genius of british diversity")?

sorry just trying to understand inshaAllah :)

Wa alaikum ussalaam
Yes. :thumbs_up

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2007, 04:12 PM
im going to listen inshaAllah just to see what his promoting.

may Allah keep this ummah upon guidance

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rubiesand
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't think he's promoting Western culture, but commenting on regional diversity within Britain. For example, a Muslim who loves the Welsh language or another who takes a keen interest in local Scottish concerns - these are positive things, and not contradictory with being a good Muslim at all.

strider
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
I don't think he's promoting Western culture, but commenting on regional diversity within Britain. For example, a Muslim who loves the Welsh language or another who takes a keen interest in local Scottish concerns - these are positive things, and not contradictory with being a good Muslim at all.
Absolutely. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.