/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggghhhhhh ..u make me soo ANGRY!!!!!

Aziaf
05-09-2007, 10:13 PM
:sl: :raging:

How many times have you shouted at your parents? How many times have you felt so angry that you were just about to hit someone or smash something? Does this happen a lot? You're not the only one.

Many people now are unable to control themselves and end up arguing with others, often the ones that they love - their parents, their brothers, their sisters, their husbands or wives. Here we're listing some reasons that stir people's anger and ways given from the Qur'an and Sunnah to overcome this anger and control yourself.

When first God created humanity, He created many emotions and desires within each person, which we call human instincts. These include positive qualities such as recognizing truth and expressing it, love and compassion, pure physiological desires such as being thirsty, hungry and the need of other pleasures.Then there are some negative qualities such as hate and anger, with resultant violence and dejection.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"And when your Lord said to the angles, "I am creating successors on the earth." They said, "Will You create on it those who will spread corruption and spill blood, although we celebrate Your praise and extol Your Holiness?" He said," I know what you do not know." (Qur'an 2:30)

Also Allah instilled some protective mechanisms for fighting these negative instincts.Allah says in the Holy Qur'an:

"Man was created weak."

During the moment of weakness, we succumb to the designs of our enemy, that is, the devil, who "will attack us from front, from behind, from the side," in order to divert us from God consciousness and return to our animistic nature.

Thus anger by itself is not unnatural; it is the expression of anger which is done wrongfully, can lead to problems. The difference between the wild beasts and wild humans is the difference of free will.When a lion or a wolf is angry, he does not think. That is somethignwe have that no other being does, the ability to make choices and the Shaytan knows that when we are angry we are vulnerable and he takes advantage of this vulnerability.Why put yourself in such a vulnerable position?

When a man becomes angry as a result of provocation, he has a choice to control his anger or to respond to it as he has learned from the Qur'an and from Prophet Mohammad's teachings, or forget all that and become a wild animal. Thus anger takes place when we are not in control of ourselves, but the devil is controlling us.

Anger in itself is a natural feeling, Allah has put such feeling inside us to react against what's harming us, for instance to protect our lives, our properties, and our families. Yet we shouldn't over do that. Meaning it is ok to feel angry, but it is dangerous and forbidden by Allah to surrender to your anger and follow it to as far as it takes you .As you can feel anger but acting on it is not allowed.

Anger is a destabilizing thought. It is the most dividing emotion between friends; it takes away judgment, leads to depression, madness and wrong actions that we would repent later on when we are not angry.

But why do we get angry to begin with? It is either an unexpected provocation or unexpected situation which leads to frustration and an angry response.During anger, one can physically or verbally abuse a person that he or she loves, hurt another living being like an animal, or during the dejection phase of anger, one can even hurt him- or herself and even commit suicide.

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) gave us the medicine for that saying:"Shake hands and rancor will disappear. Give gifts to each other and love each other and enmity will disappear".

Also Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the one who contains himself when he is angry".

So i thinK we need to think about how and why we become angry and what we can do to solve this increasing problem.

Hope that dint raise anyones angst.:phew

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-09-2007, 11:36 PM
:salamext:

Maasha Allaah that was really good! i liked the way you explained what the person goes through and how to get rid of it gradually.. really beneficial alhamdulillah.

Jazaak Allaah khayr sister.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-09-2007, 11:39 PM
:sl:

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) gave us the medicine for that saying:"Shake hands and rancor will disappear. Give gifts to each other and love each other and enmity will disappear".
MashAllah! I liked that one..JakaakAllah Khair for explained that!

Fi Amani Allah

Hemoo
05-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Good and Important thread indeed.

and here is what the prophet (P.B.U.H) said.

in Sahih Bukhary, book of good manners:

Narated By Abu Huraira : A man said to the Prophet , "Advise me! "The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious."

&

Narated By Sulaiman bin Surad : A man from the companions of the Prophet said, "Two men abused each other in front of the Prophet and one of them became angry and his anger became so intense that his face became swollen and changed. The Prophet said, "I know a word the saying of which will cause him to relax if he does say it." Then a man went to him and informed him of the statement of the Prophet and said, "Seek refuge with Allah from Satan." On that, angry man said, 'Do you find anything wrong with me? Am I insane? Go away!"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aziaf
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
:sl: :D :D

JAZAKALLAH

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY OTHER DUAS ECT TO CALM ONES ANGER DOWN OR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO REDUCE THE ANGER OF OTHERS?

:D :w: :D

'Abd al-Baari
05-10-2007, 06:59 PM

Mashallah very beneficial post
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

*~Sofia~*
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM
salam sis,

that was a very gud post mashallah :D beneficial.
jazakallah 4 sharin, may Allah reward u
keep up the gud posts :)
o yeh i think wen sum1 b'cums angry.. they shud lie down, and pray sumthing.. i think do zikr or sumfing.. not 100% sure on the 'wot to read' part but 100% sure that u ment to lie dwn.. dunno if this helps..
sorry if i have sed anything incorrect.. 4giv me :)

jazakallah again :D
wasalam sister

Kittygyal
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Salamualikum.

Shukran! very informative indeed Ya Ukthi :)

Ma'assalama

Snowflake
05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
MashaAllah good post! May Allah help us overcome our weaknesses. Ameen.

During the moment of weakness, we succumb to the designs of our enemy, that is, the devil, who "will attack us from front, from behind, from the side," in order to divert us from God consciousness and return to our animistic nature.
So true. Perhaps if during times like that we reminded ourselves that it takes a braver person to control their anger, we'd probably try to control it. We all wanna feel brave don't we? lol

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY OTHER DUAS ECT TO CALM ONES ANGER DOWN OR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO REDUCE THE ANGER OF OTHERS?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've noticed that people who had gone through a lot of injustice and mistreatment at the hands of other are quciker to lose their tempers than those who've had a happier life? :?

I think, if we take time out to enjoy oursleves (the halal way of course) then we feel more relaxed in general. And when people rub us up the wrong way, we can handle it much more easily than if we are stressed? So perhaps, in the lond run we should take time out to have fun. And hopefully that'll make it easier to cope with negative things and people.

Aziaf
05-10-2007, 09:21 PM
:sl: :D

Jazakallah again and also Ameen to the duas.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've noticed that people who had gone through a lot of injustice and mistreatment at the hands of other are quciker to lose their tempers than those who've had a happier life?
A good point, do you mean like the person takes out thier anger and frustration due to earlier experiences in their lives?

I think its more like anger is so infectious, it spreads so quickly subhanallah!

I just takes one person to snap at another, then that person gets angry so they mope around and speak rudely to others then it just ignites an argument.

If we take one minute to reflect and dont get offended or take notice about what others say and the tone they say it in then a lot of the time we wouldnt get so angry and arguments and frustarting stuations can be avoided.

I also forgot to mention this in the first post:

TO COOL DOWN ONES ANGER
AOOTHU BILLAHI MINASH SHAYTAUNIR RAJEEM.
I seek protection in Allah from the Shaytan the accursed.

This should be said whenever one feels anger:raging: or is in a situation that may raise their angst.

:w: :phew

Pk_#2
05-10-2007, 09:36 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

JazakiAllahu khair sisssss

CONTROL YOUR ANGER AND ABSTAIN FROM ASSUMING SUPERIOR AIRS

Whenever you get angry, you should say:

“A’oudho Billahi Minash Shaitaanir Rajeem”

(I seek refuge with Allah from accursed Satan)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-10-2007, 09:42 PM
mashaAllah, thought provoking, just how i like it

Aziaf
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
:sl: :D

IbnAbdulHakim
mashaAllah, thought provoking, just how i like it

oooooo kkkkkkkkkkkkk

:w: :)

Aziaf
05-10-2007, 11:06 PM
:sl: :raging:

“Those who spend (in Allah’s cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress their anger, and who pardon men, verily, Allah loves the al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).”

[Surah Al-Imran (3) : Ayah 133-134]

:w: :phew

Pk_#2
05-13-2007, 01:52 PM
sisssss ma brain LOL

Am not blind alhamdhulillah :p

HBot 5000
05-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Jazaakhallah khair bro :thumbs_up

I used to be a angry kid but through Islam i have managed to reform some of my character and put the anger behind me :statisfie

HBot 5000
05-13-2007, 05:51 PM
oops i mean sis :laugh:

Aziaf
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
:D :sl: :D

sisssss ma brain LOL

Am not blind alhamdhulillah :p

HOW IS EVRYBODY?lol....its just that writing like this is so much fun...JUST MAKING SURE THE MESSAGE GETS THROUGH INIT!
HBot 5000:sl:

Jazaakhallah khair bro :thumbs_up

I used to be a angry kid but through Islam i have managed to reform some of my character and put the anger behind me :statisfie

HBot 5000oops i mean sis :laugh:HBot 5000:sl:
You may not be blind :blind: but Hbot5000 had me worried:blind: ...bruv i aint no bruv!Masha'Allah im gald u have resolved your anger.....I wudnt like to be in a plane with an angry pilot:rollseyes

:D :w: :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.