/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I found the zoroastrian scripture about Islam

Sinbad
05-10-2007, 03:18 AM
As i mentioned once before, the zoroastrian prophet predicted Jesus, the time and place, 3 zoroastrian priests became the three wise men.

And i knew a zoroastrian that had converted to Islam cause it talks about muhammed as well.

Here is Zoroaster predicting Jesus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...reekings.shtml

Here is Zoroaster predicting Muhammed.

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/parsi1.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Philosopher
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Zooastrian has 2 gods right? If so, why is it ok for Zoarastrians to convert to Islam?

Pygoscelis
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM
are there still zoroastrian believers?

Sinbad
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
Zooastrian has 2 gods right? If so, why is it ok for Zoarastrians to convert to Islam?
No not 2 Gods, and no there is no fire worshipping. Its the oldest monotheistic religion, the oldest religion mentioning 1 god only.

The other "God" is Satan, he has no temples et c only known as the one that corrupt people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sinbad
05-10-2007, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
are there still zoroastrian believers?
Yes all over ancient persia, there are those even in India that escaped the islamic invasion, it was convert or die.

http://www.the-south-asian.com/April...of%20India.htm

Many kurds are still zoroastrians especiall in Iraq.
In Iran its not as much only about 100.000.

There are persians that are still zoroastrians in the central asian states, tajikistan has a huhe revival of Zoroastrianism.

- Qatada -
05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Yes all over ancient persia, there are those even in India that escaped the islamic invasion, it was convert or die.

http://www.the-south-asian.com/April...of%20India.htm
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. [Qur'an 2:256]
So if that's true, it was an unislamic practise. :)

Philosopher
05-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Sinbad, so Zorastrianism is older than Judaism as a monotheistic religion?

Pygoscelis
05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow, we have our very own zoroastrian here?

Start a "ask a zoroastrian" thread! :D I know pretty much nothing about your world view! I don't even know if you are mono or polytheistic or even theistic at all.

Sinbad
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
Sinbad, so Zorastrianism is older than Judaism as a monotheistic religion?
Yes, cause Zoroastrianism have much older text, My favourite is About Arash the archer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arash_(mythology)

Its about 8000 year old.

Many people that have left zoroastrianism claim that it was only a substitute for Jesus and Muhammed, that the Only God had it as a temporary religion the thousands of years bfore Jesus and Muhammed.

You may start a "ask an Zoroastrian thread", but im not sure if Im going to stay Zoroastrian, but still I know about it.

- Qatada -
05-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Yes, cause Zoroastrianism have much older text, My favourite is About Arash the archer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arash_(mythology)

Its about 8000 year old.

Many people that have left zoroastrianism claim that it was only a substitute for Jesus and Muhammed, that the Only God had it as a temporary religion the thousands of years bfore Jesus and Muhammed.

You may start a "ask an Zoroastrian thread", but im not sure if Im going to stay Zoroastrian, but still I know about it.

Sinbad, we've discussed it in one of your threads already - Islaam was the religion of ALL the true Prophets of God. So Islaam is the first religion ever among mankind.

Here's the post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/706833-post26.html

Regards.

Sinbad
05-11-2007, 12:18 AM
According yo you maybe but not 5 billion others.

Judaism isnt monotheistic at all. In ancient hebrew text there was several gods, still in old english bibles you can see, and elohim said, let us make man in our image.
Elohim means "the ones from the sky".

When Moses was in Egypt he challenged the egyptian Gods, he made hes staff into a serpent that ate the Egyptian priests gods serpents.

Judaism was never monotheistic untill latter days. Zoroastrianism was the first Monotheistic.

And im not sure in islam, Its a lot i dont agree with, like not givingt women equall witnessing right et c.

snakelegs
05-11-2007, 12:23 AM
sinbad,
i have a couple of questions about zoroastrianism.
do zoroastrians claim to be The One and Only Truth, like islam and christianity do?
is it true that you are not allowed to proselytize?
is it true that you are not allowed to marry outside of your religion?
thanks!

Sinbad
05-11-2007, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
sinbad,
i have a couple of questions about zoroastrianism.
do zoroastrians claim to be The One and Only Truth, like islam and christianity do?
thanks!

No the contrary, its all about the comming prophets, thats why theres not many left. All the prophets place of birth and time have been predicted and was precise.

Both are untrue but exists among Indian Zoroastrians cause of a promise they made to a king. When the arabs invaded after a 7 year war with Turan and The Roman Empire Persia was very fragile.
There where persians that escaped them, and ended up in India. The King said you can stay IF you promise to never convert anyone or marry anyone outside of your religion. And they kept the promise untill this day.

Iranian zoroastrians dont get to convert cause of the goverment, but marrige with muslims is allowed.
Kurdish, Tajik, Uzbek and all other zoroastrians get to do both.

snakelegs
05-11-2007, 01:09 AM
thanks, sinbad. yes, i was thinking of stuff i've read about indian zoroastrians and how the population is shrinking. impressive that they keep their promise even tho the king is long gone.
is there a whole lot of focus on the afterlife in zoroastrianism?
do you think zoroastrianism was a major influence on christianity?

Sinbad
05-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Yes, Zoroastrianism is the basis of christianity. Even more so than Judaism.
Judaism was polytheistic in the early days. And it had no hell or limbo.

Zoroastrianism created the consept of heaven and hell and limbo.
Judaism took heaven from it, christianity adopted the consept of heaven or paradis, wich later became paradise.

Limbo was a part of early christianity, but protestants took it away. the catholic church has recently taken it away.

Zoroaster accepted converts, judaism didnt, the talmud even call gentiles for animals.

Philosopher
05-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Sinbad, what real evidence do you have to say that Judaism was originally polytheistic?

north_malaysian
05-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Eh..... you are thinking to leave Zoroastrianism?:?

snakelegs
05-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Yes, Zoroastrianism is the basis of christianity. Even more so than Judaism.
Judaism was polytheistic in the early days. And it had no hell or limbo.

Zoroastrianism created the consept of heaven and hell and limbo.
Judaism took heaven from it, christianity adopted the consept of heaven or paradis, wich later became paradise.

Limbo was a part of early christianity, but protestants took it away. the catholic church has recently taken it away.

Zoroaster accepted converts, judaism didnt, the talmud even call gentiles for animals.
thanks for your replies.
as far as i know judaism was never polytheistic. it came to replace the polytheistic religions.
it is not true that judaism doesn't accept converts - in fact in the early years they actively sought converts.
they (the orthodox jews) try to discourage converts because they want to make sure that they are really sincere.

Sinbad
05-11-2007, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Eh..... you are thinking to leave Zoroastrianism?:?
You can say both, Many say zarthoshti. Zarhuastrian is also used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

Elohim later became "God", but means "the divine" plural.

You can read about Moses to, you will find out that he challenged the egyptians Gods, showing hes God was stronger.

http://www.sherryshriner.com/talmud_tidbits.htm
And that link is about gentiles in judaism. They never accepted gentiles untill later days.

Non-Jews are Not Human Baba Mezia 114a-114b. Only Jews are human ("Only ye are designated men")

Jews are Divine, Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (Gentile) hits a Jew, the Gentile must be killed. Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God.

Does that sound like a monotheistic religion that accepts converts?

Muslim Knight
05-11-2007, 04:12 AM

Sometimes I can't help but to wonder that in Hebrew;

Elah = Allah
Elohim = Allahumma (in English = O Allah)

Sinbad
05-11-2007, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Sometimes I can't help but to wonder that in Hebrew;

Elah = Allah
Elohim = Allahumma (in English = O Allah)
Arabic and hebrew share routs, Elah ment God in ancient hebrew to, Elohim such as in old bibles and jewish texts means the gods in plural.

This is in the KJV bible from England. In Genesis 1:26, Elohim said, "Let us make man in our image,

Hebrew grammar

Elohim has plural morphological form in Hebrew, but it is used with singular verbs and adjectives in the Hebrew text when the particular meaning of the God of Israel (a singular deity) is traditionally understood. Thus the very first words of the Bible are bre**** bara Elohim, where bara ??? is a verb inflected as third person singular masculine perfect. If Elohim were an ordinary plural word, then the plural verb form bar'u ???? would have been used in this sentence instead. Such plural grammatical forms are in fact found in cases where Elohim has semantically plural reference (not referring to the God of Israel).

As I said there are many things, Judaism didnt start as a monotheistic religion.

snakelegs
05-11-2007, 06:26 AM
You can say both, Many say zarthoshti. Zarhuastrian is also used.

You can read about Moses to, you will find out that he challenged the egyptians Gods, showing hes God was stronger.

http://www.sherryshriner.com/talmud_tidbits.htm
And that link is about gentiles in judaism. They never accepted gentiles untill later days.

Non-Jews are Not Human Baba Mezia 114a-114b. Only Jews are human ("Only ye are designated men")

Jews are Divine, Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (Gentile) hits a Jew, the Gentile must be killed. Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God.

Does that sound like a monotheistic religion that accepts converts?
that website doesn't look very credible to me - in fact it looks like the work of a bona fide nut case.

north_malaysian
05-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Why Zoroastrians want their dead bodies to be consumed by vultures? I've seen about it in a documentary about Tower of Silence and Parsee community in Mumbai.:?

Abdul-Raouf
05-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Do u believe the below one.... whats ur thought about it

north_malaysian
05-18-2007, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
Do u believe the below one.... whats ur thought about it

how to pronounce those words?

Abdul-Raouf
07-12-2012, 07:53 AM
The TATA family of India - they are Zorastrians...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratan_Tata

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.