/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What U Studied

***Umm-e-kulsum
05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
:sl:
well im kinda finding it hard 2 decide wt 2 study at uni!!! i wanted 2 study othoptics but only 2 unis do this and they kinda far from my house although my parents wont mind me stayin away i know it not allowed 2 do this without a mehram!! but then i decided that i didnt want 2 do this becoz it kinda looked borin!!!
so i jus wanted 2 ask wt evry1s studied and wt they gt they degrees in or any other sort of qualifications!!!!!
jazakhallah:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghira
05-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Delete

Sinbad
05-11-2007, 04:29 AM
I am rich, and im also a high school drop out. A wise man ones said, "studying and working is for the poor and middle classed, being rich is for the drop outs".

The best part is that its thrue. Most self made milionaires dont have any education at all.

When your parenths grew up only the father had to work, nowadays both parenths need to. When you where born education was important, today its no longer important.

In fact, most employer in economics will most likley hire a drop out, cause they will work for provison. People with education will not take a work cause they belive they deserve better.

Strzelecki
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
^ Yes. But you can't count on it.
It's good to always have some qualifications to fall back on. Nothing is stopping those who do well in school from waiting until later life to go down a similar avenue that a successful dropout has.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sinbad
05-13-2007, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
^ Yes. But you can't count on it.
It's good to always have some qualifications to fall back on. Nothing is stopping those who do well in school from waiting until later life to go down a similar avenue that a successful dropout has.
That is right, im just giving the kid some chooices. They made a study, they asked the youths, are you going to study first or, have fun first? The ones choosing having fun where the category that was in minority but had the majority of the ones being succesfull.

Hes parenths, you and evereyone around them tells one thing, he needs to know more. Being educated is for the most the right path, but if you want to be rich and not only secure, you might have to look at diffrent possibillities.

Having an education on the side is always good, I never belived I would have to learn to use math for measuring volume when i went to school, i was wrong.

But still, listen to the elderly, but remember that they lived in another time. With another economy, another system. When only the father working would be enough, and education was cruical.

sevgi
05-13-2007, 03:05 AM
i believe that gaining an education is the most important thing in the world, no matter how well off one may be...

what do u do all day long? sit n cound ur fortune go by...read the newspaper...watch tv...hang out with mates?

i am studying english literature and history...i would like to study for as long as possible and gain as much credit as possible. then return the favour by becoming a teacher.

our prophet was a teacher and i feel honoured to become one inshallah.

w/s...

Sinbad
05-13-2007, 04:01 AM
I follow the golden rule, There are 3 ways of income.

A, trading time for money, working and get paid by the time. used by 96% of the people gainig 1% of the wealth.

B, Trading money for money, investing your money, this is used by 3% of all the people, sharing 3% of the wealth, i use this one,

C, Having multiple sources of income, this is used by 1% of the population earning 96% of the wealth.

Trading time for money (working) is for the poor and educated, the ones not being able to buy the car they want, the house they want and must save money to buy things.

I invest, i read the newspaper and follow the stock market, I read many sites and papers of new products or services that I belive will grow. I invest in them buying my shares.

I recomend a book, Napoleon Hills "think and grow rich", he studied the worlds 500 most richest people. I learned a lot from it.

sevgi
05-13-2007, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
I follow the golden rule, There are 3 ways of income.

A, trading time for money, working and get paid by the time. used by 96% of the people gainig 1% of the wealth.

B, Trading money for money, investing your money, this is used by 3% of all the people, sharing 3% of the wealth, i use this one,

C, Having multiple sources of income, this is used by 1% of the population earning 96% of the wealth.

Trading time for money (working) is for the poor and educated, the ones not being able to buy the car they want, the house they want and must save money to buy things.

I invest, i read the newspaper and follow the stock market, I read many sites and papers of new products or services that I belive will grow. I invest in them buying my shares.

I recomend a book, Napoleon Hills "think and grow rich", he studied the worlds 500 most richest people. I learned a lot from it.
i dnt like money,...i need it and use as much as i need...
although i would love a mini cooper, i know it means nothing.
i do not work, i live off my scholarship awarded to me for being extrememly competent in my studies...the govt helps out a little also.
i live in a boarding house for free coz i do a lot of volunteer work for the organisation and helping youth understand themselves...

some live like u...others live like me....

uve got ur golden rules...ive got my golden conscience...

u follow the stock market...i follow the youth of today onto the right path.

i wish u well in ur life.keep to ur golden rules and im sure u will prosper in the realm on wealth...

Encolpius
05-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Law. Still am actually.

I signed up to study Law w/ French Law at King's College in London, which consists of two years in the UK and two at the Sorbonne here in Paris, and at the end I get an LL.B and a Maitrîse en Droit which would allow me to start professional training in either Britain or France, assuming it all goes well here.

Eventually I'd like actually to get into politics, oddly enough, though I can't see people voting for me in the UK because I don't mindlessly absorb the reactionary and logic-devoid views of the red-topped tabloids, nor the overemotional "my ethics are bigger than your ethics" views of the Independent readers.

Re.TiReD
05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
islam, Arabic n counselling..comb hons.... :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.