/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jilbaab

***Umm-e-kulsum
05-10-2007, 09:31 AM
:sl:
i wear a jilbaab but i only started wearing it a while ago i find it hard 2 keep up with sumtimes so i just tend to wear skirts with tops i mean long skirts!!!
i just wanted 2 know can i actually do this??? isnt it just similar 2 a jilbaab????
jazakhallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
05-11-2007, 01:21 AM
:w:

Masha Allah good for you sister :)

What do you mean by Jilbab? Are you talking about the long dress from the neck going all the way down or are you talking about the long cloak starting from the head all the way down covering the entire body?

This is a helpful thread on your topic:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ubstitute.html

Snowflake
05-11-2007, 09:05 AM
MashaAllah, good on you sis. The purpose of jilbab is that it covers your body shape and makes it invisable. If the same purpose can be achieved with skirts and tunics then there is no problem inshaAllah. But I must point out that, whether it's a jilbab or skirt and top one wears, the hijab should be long enough to cover the upper body and not tucked inside tops. Dress happy sis! You got nothing to worry about. :)

***Umm-e-kulsum
05-14-2007, 08:06 AM
jazakhallah sisters
yeh sis i ment from the neck all the way down!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
05-14-2007, 08:18 PM

How can an under garment fulfil the purpose of an outter garment? The Jilbab is an over garment like the coat a Jilbab is a garment that starts from the head going down and covering the entire body. That is outter garment the Muslimah should try her best to wear Insha Allah. Please read the link I provided up.

It is one thing if you newly started practsing Islaam and is trying the best to ones ability to dress modesly and its another thing saying yeah this is the correct Hijab and thats what I am going to wear without looking at all the evidences :)

***Umm-e-kulsum
05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

How can an under garment fulfil the purpose of an outter garment? The Jilbab is an over garment like the coat a Jilbab is a garment that starts from the head going down and covering the entire body. That is outter garment the Muslimah should try her best to wear Insha Allah. Please read the link I provided up.

It is one thing if you newly started practsing Islaam and is trying the best to ones ability to dress modesly and its another thing saying yeah this is the correct Hijab and thats what I am going to wear without looking at all the evidences :)
yeh sis i have just started practisin i jus wanted 2 ask!!:D

Umm Yoosuf
05-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Masha Allah. May Allah make it easy for you. Insha Allah study about the Hijab, why we have to wear it, its etiquettes, rules and requirements, look up the tafsir (explanation) of the Ayaats that talk about the Hijab and also refer to the hadiths regarding the dress of the Sahabiyts (women companion of the Prophet). They are our role models and we try and imitate them :)

Snowflake
05-16-2007, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

Modesty is the main requirement in Islam. For that purpose, I don't think it's wrong to wear suitable clothing other than jilbab.

The requirements of hijab are never oppressive or restrictive in any way; here are the requisites of hijab or proper Islamic attire for women:

1. It should cover her whole body except face and hands.

2. It should be loose-fitting.

3. It should not be transparent or revealing.

4. It should not be an attire specifically worn by men only.

So long as your attire fulfills the above conditions, you don’t have to worry. Remember Allah has not revealed religion to make life difficult; rather it is intended to make it easy and comfortable for us. Allah says: “He has not laid upon you in religion any hardship” (Al-Hajj: 78). “Allah wishes to lighten the burden for you; for certainly man has been created weak!” (An-Nisa’: 28).”

Umm Yoosuf
05-19-2007, 06:20 AM

Modesty is the main requirement in Islam. For that purpose, I don't think it's wrong to wear suitable clothing other than jilbab.

Said who? You and I can not interrupt the Quran'c verses we have have to understand it according how the Prophet (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) undertood it and the best of generation, the Companions (radhi-Allaahu 'anhum).

Did you read the link I posted? In case you missed it out here it is once more:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ubstitute.html

All I am saying is if a sister newly started practsing then she can work on herslef, step by step by wearing garments that will lead her to the correct Hijab, i.e Jilbab starting from the head going down covering the entire body.

The requirements of hijab are never oppressive or restrictive in any way; here are the requisites of hijab or proper Islamic attire for women:

1. It should cover her whole body except face and hands.

2. It should be loose-fitting.

3. It should not be transparent or revealing.

4. It should not be an attire specifically worn by men only.
Yes, those are some of the requirements of hijab and most sisters are aware of it, however where do you draw the line? A sister will tell you, my skirt is mosdest enough, and another would say no, its too tight, a third would say Saris is more modest and a fourth sister would say it is not required to cover the feet.

Who is our best example here? Is it not the Sahabiyyat? I am sure they were from every corner of the earth, yet they wore one Hijab, the one commanded to them and us by Allah :)

Yes sure we can wear skirts, trouse, saris, etc but in our homes, amongest just women, but when it comes to going outside of your houses, then we should pull up our Jilbabs.

Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin when the verse "That they should cast their outer garments over their persons" was revealed, the women of Ansar came out as if they had crows over their heads by wearing outer garments.
[Abu Dawud]

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."
[Bukhari]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.