/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair resigns!

*~Sofia~*
05-10-2007, 12:36 PM
:sl: everyone..

so its official Tony Blair has resigned, and 27th July will b his last day.. :D
that HUGE smile on ma face jus shows u guys how happy i am that he has FINALLLY stepped down... im deffinatly not :cry: now dat his gone!
jus wanted 2 no wot everyone else thinks? is it gud that his gone? will ne1 miss him? (lol) will the world b a better place now?
lookin 4ward 2 seeing wot everyone else here thinks.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
:sl:

no the world wont be a better place since hes going, hes one of many.

Mawaddah
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I suppose just another U.S. puppy will take his place.

vpb
I suppose just another U.S. puppy will take his place.
it's true.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

no the world wont be a better place since hes going, hes one of many.

:wasalamex

yeh totally agree ^ And Allaah knows best.

:salamext:

S_87
05-10-2007, 01:44 PM

'we are the greatest nation on earth'

lol that is such a george bush quote he used

'Abd al-Baari
05-10-2007, 01:49 PM

it's not really gonna make a difference is it :D:D
Thanks for sharing

Strzelecki
05-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Blair will stand down on 27 June

Umar001
05-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Yea I dont think things will change.

chacha_jalebi
05-10-2007, 01:55 PM
salaam

whos replacin the good old bliar?

i think uncle bush should follow his best friends footsteps:D

Goku
05-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Tony Blair will be remembered for the terrible disaster called the Iraq war and his betrayal of the British people to further the interests of foreign criminals.

Although his government has done some positive work, such as the minimum wage, helping Kosova and African countries, the Iraq war will overshadow all that.

Gordon Brown will most likely take his place, but Britain needs a leader which will stop the Iraq war.

SATalha
05-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Tony Blair as my PM started well.........2 words Iraq and Afghanistan

MTAFFI
05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Why is it that to Muslims everyone who gets along with the US has to be controlled by the US? The Brits are perfectly capable of electing their own people into government without any interference or meddling from the US, just because our countries get along with each other and your countries and people cant seem to do the same doesnt mean that everyone is controlled by someone. We are allies because we have many common interests, so if it seems to you that one is controlling the other you may spend to much time in the sun, because we are independent of each other, we do share some views and disagree on others, but to constantly claim that the US controls everyone they talk to is paranoid, delluisional, ignorant and stupid all at the same time. If everyone looked at things in this manner I guess Syria, Palestine and Afghanistan are all just puppets of the Iranian regime. It really does get old people, you need to find someone else to blame for the worlds problems

Muezzin
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Gordon Brown, who nobody voted for, will probably become the next Prime Minister until the General Election. What's wrong with this picture?

Better the devil you know... Although I'm guessing there'll be an absolute deluge of Gordon Brown satire.

vpb
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
if people had such power to control the government, why thousdands probably milions of people marched on street against the war in iraq, against the war in vietnam, but they couldn't do anything...the idea that "people controll the goverment" is just an old story that doesn't exist anymore, yeah it's true that you elect the person, but in the other hand you can't control the person what he does, could you stop bush from war in iraq? or the war in vietnam? no...where is the power of the people? these leader do whatever the hell they want , nobody can stop them. so please stop talking about the idea of democracy cuz it doesn't exist anymore.

islamirama
05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
As UK Prime Minister Tony Blair reveals his plans to stand down as Labour leader and prime minister, BBC correspondents around the world assess his foreign affairs legacy.

MIDDLE EAST: JEREMY BOWEN

In the Middle East, even more than at home in Britain, Tony Blair will forever be linked with the war in Iraq and the alliance he made with George W Bush.

In retirement, Mr Blair will have a warm welcome in the palaces of the leaders of Western allies like Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

But the vast majority of Arabs to whom I have spoken since Iraq was invaded in 2003, from wealthy businessmen to the poor filing into the mosques, believe the actions of Messrs Blair and Bush have been disastrous. Anti-Western feeling across the Middle East is stronger than it has ever been in modern times.

Israel is the only country in the Middle East where both the leadership and the people appreciate Mr Blair. Many Israelis agree with his view that there is a titanic struggle in the world going on between democracy and extremism, good and evil.

They like the way he used Britain's position in the UN Security Council to delay a ceasefire to buy more time for them to attack Hezbollah during last summer's Lebanon war.

UNITED STATES: MATT FREI

Their initial bond was forged in the dust of 9/11, when the president singled out the prime minister as a special friend. Then came Afghanistan and, of course, Iraq, in which Mr Blair proved himself by far the most willing member of the coalition of the willing.

In fact the British ambassador to Washington once told me that "if he wanted to, the prime minister could veto this war". But he didn't and the war went ahead.

Britain played Athens to America's Rome. Mr Blair was cherished in Washington as a more polished and articulate version of Mr Bush. Even Democrats loved him, remembering that he had once also been a close friend to Mr Clinton, whose "third way" politics he emulated.

But ultimately it was their alliance on Iraq, and the failures of the war, that entrapped them in the trenches of unpopularity - and that in years to come will define their legacy.

In the meantime, Mr Blair can be sure to enjoy a far more loving reception in the US than at home, as well as the inevitable treasure-trove of lecture tours.

IRAQ: ANDREW NORTH

"We welcome Blair leaving," says Dr Amar Wajih, an MP with the Iraqi Islamic Party, the largest Sunni faction in parliament.

"He is one of the key figures behind this unjust war, which has brought disaster and catastrophe."

He had expected Mr Blair and the British to do better and make up for US mistakes. "We hope whoever replaces Blair will be better." He had not heard of Gordon Brown.

On the streets of Baghdad, though, most people seemed indifferent to Mr Blair's impending departure. The day-to-day struggles of surviving amid the chaos and violence that grip the city four years on from the US and British invasion are uppermost in people's minds.

"For three days I haven't been able to fill my car with petrol," said one man angrily, as he drove off to find another petrol station.

"I can't find any cooking gas either. These are the important things. And you ask me what I think about Tony Blair leaving."

RUSSIA: JAMES RODGERS

As Mr Blair leaves office, British-Russian relations are at a post-Cold War low. While there are successful business ties, political and diplomatic relations have suffered.

The murder in London of the former Russian secret service policeman Alexander Litvinenko is the main, recent, reason for growing mistrust. Any attempt to apportion blame has led to outraged denial.

Then there is Boris Berezovsky. Russia wants the extradition of the tycoon and former Kremlin insider. His claim last month that he was planning the overthrow of President Putin provoked fury here in Moscow. He had been granted political asylum in Britain. There seems little prospect he'll have to return to Russia.

AFRICA: PETER BILES

"What Blair did not have was willing partners in other G8 countries. In particular, the Bush administration was a major spoiler and one of Blair's failings was his inability to exploit the so-called special relationship that exists between the UK and the US."

"With the exception of the 18 countries that received debt forgiveness promises, 14 of them African states, it's really been a disappointing show in terms of translating promises into commitments".

MTAFFI
05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
So he is indeed resigning because his people dont like him.... obviously the US government appreciates him, this is no big development, there is no mention of the US people. The articles demonstrate what relations he had, but nothing here to support any claims that Mr. Blair was a puppet of the US, glad to see it :)

Hashim_507
05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Finally bliar resigns, its about time that criminal left office.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
:thumbs_up One down, a billion more to go ;D loololol

H4RUN
05-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Jolly ol' bLIAR, it doesn't really make a heck of a difference if he's off for a great big holiday with santa in hawai, the damage has been done, and another 'puppet' is most likely going to step in2 his boots, know wa' i mean!

P E A C E

HBot 5000
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
In all honesty i felt this speech was from the heart. I used to like him before the war's started but now i think it's good he is saying goodbye.

:sorry:

Muezzin
05-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Guys, please keep it civil. Just deleted a couple of posts because people are getting a tad too heated.

Plus, war crimes and stuff belong in a different thread.

NobleMuslimUK
05-10-2007, 05:59 PM
I know it wont make a bit of difference, since blair, bush are just a face put out to the gullible public to fool. The real scum never reveal themselves, they range from some of the wealthiest sickos, shipping children to meet their peadophilia needs, they will indulge in drugs and weird satanic rituals, way too messed up for me to go into. The actor in the spotlight whom the public are under the dillusion they have voted in. No one likes the dark side of politics and its brushed under the carpet as a conspiracy theory. The actual conspiracy theory is that the west is a democracy and that they vote their leaders. Although the elections charade is put up for show.

czgibson
05-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Why is it that to Muslims everyone who gets along with the US has to be controlled by the US?
I'm British and I'm not a Muslim, but I pretty much agree with that view. America has had far too much influence over Blair. He listened to Bush and ignored the views of his own people by joining the invasion in Iraq. The Iraq War will obviously be the thing Blair is most remembered for - one of the most tragic, senseless and predictable failures the world has ever seen.
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
if people had such power to control the government, why thousdands probably milions of people marched on street against the war in iraq,
Yup - the biggest protests in British history were over Iraq. In Rome 3 million people protested, making it the largest anti-war rally anywhere, ever, according to this article.

format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
where is the power of the people? these leader do whatever the hell they want , nobody can stop them. so please stop talking about the idea of democracy cuz it doesn't exist anymore.
British democracy certainly isn't democratic in the full Ancient Greek sense. In Switzerland they have a democratic system where the government holds public referenda pretty much every time there's a proposed change in the law. All the Swiss people I've met say it's a joke and it takes ages for anything to get done. Seems you can't win either way.

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
The real scum never reveal themselves, they range from some of the wealthiest sickos, shipping children to meet their peadophilia needs, they will indulge in drugs and weird satanic rituals, way too messed up for me to go into.
Have you been reading David Icke, by any chance?

Peace

Ninth_Scribe
05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

'we are the greatest nation on earth'

lol that is such a george bush quote he used
Actually, Bush said: Our nation is the envy of the world.

Goes to show how much he knows about religion, because even Christianity calls ENVY one of the seven deadly sins! But I've given my word I woudn't get on a topic that will get my blood boiling, so....

The Ninth Scribe

Philosopher
05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
When will Bush resign?

czgibson
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Actually, Bush said: Our nation is the envy of the world.

Goes to show how much he knows about religion, because even Christianity calls ENVY one of the seven deadly sins!
So he's calling the rest of the world a bunch of sinners. Sounds pretty typical of Bush, I'd say!

Now back on topic............

Peace

England
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
It won't make a difference. I think Gordon Brown will have the same policies as Tony Blair. Brown is the guy keeps on increasing tax. He is the greedy tw.. that keeps taking our hard working money off us. I hope he tightens the border and immigration, I hope he brings back the troops and leaves the Iraqis to sort their own mess out and I also hope he increases the army numbers and equipment but nah I don't think ANYTHING will change.

Trumble
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Gordon Brown, who nobody voted for, will probably become the next Prime Minister until the General Election. What's wrong with this picture?
Only a misunderstanding of the British electoral system. Nobody had the option to vote for Blair other than his own constituents, and exactly the same is true of Brown.

M.I.A.
05-10-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

So he's calling the rest of the world a bunch of sinners. Sounds pretty typical of Bush, I'd say!

Now back on topic............

Peace
apply the same thought process to most the things he says and you realise he's not half as stupid as people make him out to be.
(the recent mishap with the queen comes to mind)

...maybe im giving him too much credit, sorry its the paranoia talking

Muezzin
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Only a misunderstanding of the British electoral system. Nobody had the option to vote for Blair other than his own constituents, and exactly the same is true of Brown.
This is true.

mohammed farah
05-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Lol you guys he said he was resigning before the summer 8 months ago, this is old news

barney
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
One of the best PM's the UK has had in the last 100years.

Unemployment cut to neglible amounts, The economy soaring and inflation cut by two thirds. Saved the people of Sierra Leon, and Muslims of Kosovo, brought peace to Northan Ireland.

Deposed a brutal dictator responsible for millions of deaths , including the deaths of hundreds of thousands of his own people. He however reckoned without the fundamentalists capacity to destroy life and peace. Perhaps he should have thought ahead about that...that the Muslims of Iraq could hate each other to the extent that they do. I think he thought of it in terms of northen ireland ...where the violence was brutal, but had limits. the Islamic fundamentalists know no limits and nothing is beneath them. One IRA bombing at omagh killed fifty people and brought the warring factions to their senses. Fifty people a day are killed in Iraq and the Jihadists from muslim nations just roar louder in support of the "anti-imperialistic-"freedom fighters""

Things will change under Gordon Brown. I see Britain becoming isolationist.
If Serbia kicks off again.....Your on your own.

Keltoi
05-10-2007, 10:21 PM
This is old news, as a previous poster pointed out, he made this announcement in September.

barney
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Bump the post when he actually leaves?

Muezzin
05-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Erm, guys? Can you say 'spam'?

Please stay on topic
Or this thread
I'll lock it

What? It almost rhymed.

ibrarfaiz
05-11-2007, 08:50 AM
gordon brown will probably replace Tony Blair

I think this is a good thing, since Gordon might not want to be so much involved into the wars also it will help the country get on a new footing we have experienced alot

czgibson
05-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
Lol you guys he said he was resigning before the summer 8 months ago, this is old news
It's not. He announced that he would resign, yes, but now he has actually named a date: June 27th.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.