/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Good To Parents

chacha_jalebi
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

Diggidy Diggidy Ya Best Check Yaselfs Before Ya Wreck Yaselfs :D

parents are something jus like incredible, like words cant explain what parents mean to their children, some of us dont have parents and some do, and its sad to see the people who do have parents not treat them the way they should be treated!!

Allah (swt) says in surah an Nisa v1

"And fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship)"

and again in v36

"Worship Allah and join none with Him (in worship); and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess"

in surah al Ankabut v8

"And we have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents"

and surah al Isra 23-24...

"And your Rubb has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: `My Rubb! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young"

and surah Luqman v14...

"And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years- give thanks to Me and to your parents"

so from these ayahs you can tell that being good to parents is part of our deen. even though sometimes we may feel that parents are doing wrong, we should always respect them no matter what!!

the importance of bein good to parents in shown when RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) said . . .

Abdullah bin Masud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Prophet (PBUH) "Which of the deeds is loved most by Allah?'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Salat at its proper time.'' I asked, ``What next?'' He (PBUH) replied,"Kindness to parents". I asked, "What next?'' He replied, "Jihad in the way of Allah.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

we all know the importance of salaah and a true jihad, so for it to be associated with being good to parents, jus shows how important it is that we are good to our parents!

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "No son can repay (the kindness shown by his father) unless he finds him a slave and buys him and emancipates him".
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A person came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and asked, "Who among people is most deserving of my fine treatment?'' He (PBUH) said, "Your mother". He again asked, ``Who next?'' "Your mother", the Prophet (PBUH) replied again. He asked, "Who next?'' He (the Prophet (PBUH)) said again, "Your mother.'' He again asked, "Then who?'' Thereupon he (PBUH) said,''Then your father.''

In another narration: "O Messenger of Allah! Who is most deserving of my fine treatment?'' He (PBUH) said, "Your mother, then your mother, then your mother, then your father, then your nearest, then nearest".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A man came to the Prophet (PBUH) of Allah and said, "I swear allegiance to you for emigration and Jihad, seeking reward from Allah.'' He (PBUH) said, "Is any of your parents alive?'' He said, "Yes, both of them are alive.'' He (PBUH) then asked, "Do you want to seek reward from Allah?'' He replied in the affirmative. Thereupon Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Go back to your parents and keep good company with them".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

In another narration it is reported that a person came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and sought his permission to participate in Jihad. The Prophet (PBUH) asked, "Are your parents alive?'' He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet a(PBUH) said, "(You should) consider their service as Jihad.''

Asma' bint Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (May Allah be pleased with her) said: My mother came to me while she was still a polytheist, so I asked Messenger of Allah (PBUH), "My mother, who is ill-disposed to Islam, has come to visit me. Shall I maintain relations with her?'' He (PBUH) replied, "Yes, maintain relations with your mother".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

even is our parents aint muslim, we still have to be good to them! see the excellent manners we are taught in islam!!!:D

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "May he be disgraced! May he be disgraced! May he be disgraced, whose parents, one or both, attain old age during his life time, and he does not enter Jannah (by rendering being dutiful to them)".
[Muslim].

and to finish off, we should love our parents naturally, but sometimes some of us dont, and if that is the case then always be nice to them! because imagine you had a ticket to jannah, you would look after that ticket to jannah so much, the same way parents are tickets to jannah, look after them well you can have jannah as this hadiths shows . . .

Abud-Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I had heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "A parent is the best of the gates of Jannah; so if you wish, keep to the gate, or lose it.''
[At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]

so even if you pray, fast and do all good, if your not good to your parents your giving your chances of jannah a serious blow :D

may Allah (swt) make us all follow islam correctly and may he guide us:D ameen

bye:p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aziaf
05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
:D :sl: :D Wagwan chacha ji?

MASHALLAH

GREAT THREAD, ONE THAT REALY MEANS ALOT TO ME, WE NEED TO CONSTANTLY EVALUATE OUR ACTIONS AND THE WAY WE BEHAVE TO OUR PARENTS

and to finish off, we should love our parents naturally, but sometimes some of us dont, and if that is the case then always be nice to them! because imagine you had a ticket to jannah, you would look after that ticket to jannah so much, the same way parents are tickets to jannah, look after them well you can have jannah as this hadiths shows . . . ]
WELL SAID G:thumbs_up

so even if you pray, fast and do all good, if your not good to your parents your giving your chances of jannah a serious blow

may Allah (swt) make us all follow islam correctly and may he guide us ameen

AMEEN

:D :w: :D

Talha777
05-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Subhan Allah, very good. In an age where respect and concern for parents is fast dissapearing, we need to be reminded that kindness to parents is enjoined upon us by Allah, and that can never change. We must give our parents utmost respect, and obey their wishes in EVERYTHING, except religious matters, in that we must obey Allah. But obeying parents is for the sake of obeying Allah:

We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did (Al-Ankabut 29:8)

chacha_jalebi
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
^well said

jazakhallah:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
:salamext:

Akhi this hadith propa shocked me, i think you should put it in insha Allaah:

`Abdur-Rahman bin `Awf that he heard the Messenger of Allah say,

«قَالَ اللهُ تَعَالى: أَنَا الرَّحْمنُ خَلَقْتُ الرَّحِمَ وَشَقَقْتُ لَهَا اسْمًا مِنِ اسْمِي، فَمَنْ وَصَلَهَا وَصَلْتُهُ وَمَنْ قَطَعَها قَطَعْتُهُ»

(Allah the Exalted said, 'I Am Ar-Rahman. I created the Raham (womb, i.e. family relations) and derived a name for it from My Name. Hence, whoever keeps it, I will keep ties to him, and whoever severs it, I will sever ties with him.')

He then said, "This is a text that indicates the derivation.'' He then said, "The Arabs denied the name Ar-Rahman, because of their ignorance about Allah and His attributes.''

[Recorded in Tirmidhi and it's Saheeh]

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Pk_#2
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh,

JazakAllah bhai

Diggidy digidy...bes chek urself b4 y'all rek yaselvz

Serve Allah and join not any partners with Him: and do good to parents kinsfolk orphans those in need neighbors who are near neighbors who are strangers the companion by your side the way-farer (ye meet) and what your right hands possess: Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud and boastful. [Surah An-Nisa’a (4): 36]

HBot 5000
05-13-2007, 05:45 PM
shukrun ya habibi :thumbs_up

ummAbdillah
05-13-2007, 05:50 PM
:salamext:
Great post, Jazakallah kahyr
:w:

mohammed farah
05-13-2007, 05:54 PM
great post thanks for that

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.