/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Football Stars Plead For Missing Madeleine

England
05-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Video http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videopla...1264707,00.html

Football stars Cristiano Ronaldo and John Terry have made appeals for the return of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann.

Manchester United and Portugal star Ronaldo said anyone with information about the three-year-old's disappearance should come forward.

Visit Sky News Online's special section for all the latest on the search for Maddie.

"I was very upset to hear of the abduction of Madeleine McCann," he told MUTV, the TV channel of Manchester United.

"I appeal to anyone with information to come forward.

"Please come forward."

Chelsea captain Terry, flanked by his Portuguese team-mate Paulo Ferreira, said Madeleine's family were going through a terrifying ordeal.

"We were devastated to hear that young Maddie was abducted," he said.

"Our thoughts and feelings go out to her parents, her family and we are urging anyone out there with any information at all, please, please, please come forward.

"It's terrifying thing for her family to go through. She's only young so please, please, please come forward."

Portuguese police say they have interviewed more 100 people, 500 apartments have been searched and 350 pieces of information are being looked at.

But a press conference descended into chaos as the man leading the inquiry accused the media of hampering the investigation.

Chief inspector Oligeario Sousa rounded on reporters as they asked for more information.

Portuguese law prevents police from releasing information about the case while they search for a suspect.

Mr Sousa said earlier reports that a man had been spotted with a child matching Madeleine's description in Nelas, in the north of the country, were false.

Local detectives have been criticised over the handling of the case since the three-year-old went missing from a holiday complex in Portugal last Thursday.

A senior child protection expert earlier told Sky News that British police must be drafted in urgently to help investigate the abduction.

Two child abduction experts have arrived in Portugal from the UK to help in the inquiry, Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said.

British detectives are reported to be probing British paedophiles with links to the Algarve.

Former detective Mark Williams-Thomas, now a leading child protection expert, said the British police are among the world leaders in this kind of inquiry.

"The British police have gained a real insight and expertise into this kind of crime. They would handle it differently, " he said.

"Any inquiry should focus on three elements: access, opportunity and motive. It's about establishing how rather than why.

"A house-to-house search is the first thing to do, then a media appeal asking for information and sightings, giving a description and timeline."

Away from the centre of the resort, half-built or derelict buildings lie dotted around scrubland where sniffer dog teams have concentrated their searches.

"The fact that teams are now searching these areas for a second time suggests the police either have direct intelligence or it's to deflect criticism should anything turn up at a later stage."

Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. If you are calling from Portugal call +44 800555 111.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...264705,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Salamualikum.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Ma'assalama

S_87
05-10-2007, 08:16 PM
InshaAllah she'll be found safe :(

Pk_#2
05-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I hope she is found

Ronaldo is blatently reading off the script, he probly doesn't even know what he's saying,Why would that work??,

spend more time praying for her

It's really sad though what happened! :( :'(

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
05-10-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
I hope she is found

Ronaldo is blatently reading off the script, he probly doesn't even know what he's saying,Why would that work??,

spend more time praying for her

It's really sad though what happened! :( :'(

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.
I know. You could see his eyes reading it.

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Salamualikum.
Still no sign of her :cry:, pretty horrible actually because yesaday in church there was a confess for Madeleine and her relatives and close friends of the parents said a speech i was in tears. There was a very long session on Madeleine and her pictures were shown enough times but hope she will come back safely.If anyone have any details or anything please let her parents know but adoubt it anyone knows :(, but you there is an email on News whihc is showing every time and you can wish to email there parents and sacrifice your love with them. Please remember Madeleine in your prayers please.
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
05-12-2007, 06:32 PM
:sl:

Inshallah she'll come back soon, May Allah grant her parents sabr...Ameen
:)

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Amin Thumma amin ya rabbil alameen.
Looking at the Mom's and fathers face it's like they haven't slept or eaten for days but i don't blame them. This is just horrid, God knows whats might have happened to her.
Ma'assalama

England
05-12-2007, 06:45 PM
It is said that the mother is being kept up by just sticky tape. Another words, she's falling to pieces.

What I don't get is there have been so many child abductions in Portugal and the police never did anything. They just stuck 3 agents to cover the cases but we have now got a British little girl abducted, all the media coverage and the police are doing absolutely EVERYTHING.
If I was a parent of the previous missing children I'd be absolutely annoyed that it took a "foreign" toddler to give the Portuguese a kick up the backside. I would also be happy as it has changed their approach and for now on they will take these cases seriously.

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Greetings.
^I don't blame the mom :(. i agree with you soo true. Also it took 11 polices about time they took it further and took it seriously.
Take care

aamirsaab
05-12-2007, 07:26 PM
:sl:

The best thing we can do is keep her in our prayers/duas.

May Allah protect her and grant her parents and family the strength to get through this.

England
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I hope she's alright and I hope she is found. She reminds me of my little sister. There is a reward for anyone that finds her, £2.5million contributed by celebrities and business owners.

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
^ Greetings,
Yes i was saying to my Brother aswel she looks like my neice abit because of her hair and thats how small me neice is.
Anywho i love the picture which was put on News yesaday the one she was taking her teeth out, you haven't put that but thats the cutest one and one with her family all together.
May she be found quickly and be rested in peace. AMin
Take care

England
05-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Her birthday is today. My sister's birthday, who exactly the same age as Madeleine had her birthday last weekend so they're both more or less the same age. She'll be found.

Kittygyal
05-12-2007, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Her birthday is today. My sister's birthday, who exactly the same age as Madeleine had her birthday last weekend so they're both more or less the same age. She'll be found.
Greetings.
Yes, God bless her, amin
Take care

Muezzin
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
And I hope she's alive and the scum that took her haven't done anything to her.

Nyomi
05-14-2007, 12:30 PM
This is such a sad story, really cant believe it :cry: :cry:

I am from the town where the mother works - have attended appointments with her a few times and she's a family members gp too so it makes it so much more real when you actually 'know' the people involved.

Our town centre is scattered with yellow ribbons everywhere, shop windows, fences, the gp's surgery - everywhere. It's in our local papers,news aswell as national obviously.

When i went into town on Maddies birthday, the stature in the town centre was covered with flowers, cards and teddys for her and people were stood around reading the messages in tears. So sad to see!

I cant even begin to imagine what those poor parents are going though, it's so heartbreaking :cry: :cry:

I hope she's returned to her parents safely and very soon!!

S_87
05-14-2007, 01:30 PM
. She'll be found.
inshaAllah. shes such a cute lil kid mashaAllah

enaya
05-14-2007, 06:04 PM
yes mahsllah she is very cute i admit.....but her parents cud have prevented this from happening yes i knw i might sound a bit harsh but luk at the oda side if her parents were good parents they wud have had a babysitter there with the children i mean who wud leave their children at home just to go out and have dinner i mean cum on common sense, thats why your parents your responsible for your children and also can i add to this is that class cums in to this i mean look at the media there going on and on about the search for her ( i mean thats good and inshallah she is alive and well lets hope she safe and found i pray for her) but the whole issue about class comes into this i mean if it was a working class couple who went on holiday to portugal and got their daughter kidnapped peepz would be saying thats showing the lack of parentage or your not good parents or you should have never done this and left your children, but when it come to middle class peepz (her parents are middle class peepz their GPS) no one has the guts to say it no one so far said 'you should have never left your children alone' or 'your parents for god sake is your children imporatant or you dinner' see the media are too hypocritical (i aint raising no debate and if anyone does not agree with me thats is your opinion and i am very happy to open a dicussion on this) plus portugal is a devolping country and the police are not putting enough effort in to this (i am very sorry to said this its coz there was this debate on this at me college and well me teacher said this and i agreed with him) lets just hope she is found safetly and lets just hope it gives a wake up call to those parents who have no lack of parantage or common sense in them, inshallah she is found and hope allah is looking after her i mean she is still a little insan and heaven is wide open for her ryt now coz shes not sinful for anything, amen. (if anyone if offended by this plzz delete this as i am just expressing the alternatives they could have done to prevent this) (sorry k)

Sami Zaatari
05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
these footballers really are sad sometimes, theyre just trying to make a name for themselves. i mean right after ronaldo made this message, he was out partying and celebrating the very same night, and so were many everton players. its so shallow of these players to try and use such a sad event to try and make a name for themselves and benefit their own personal fame. especially john terry, hes acting all lovely now, yet hes a very shallow man, he cant even agree a contract with chelsea because they wont pay him 135,000 pounds a week! you never see this with arsenal players i tell you.

anyways these kidnappers are sick, why dont they just make a demand and get their sick little saga over with.

Nyomi
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
these footballers really are sad sometimes, theyre just trying to make a name for themselves. i mean right after ronaldo made this message, he was out partying and celebrating the very same night, and so were many everton players. its so shallow of these players to try and use such a sad event to try and make a name for themselves and benefit their own personal fame. especially john terry, hes acting all lovely now, yet hes a very shallow man, he cant even agree a contract with chelsea because they wont pay him 135,000 pounds a week! you never see this with arsenal players i tell you.

anyways these kidnappers are sick, why dont they just make a demand and get their sick little saga over with.
I couldnt agree more :(

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 09:05 PM
^^ init sad! :(

Aww when is she gonna be found :'( shes soo cute! I hope shes safe inshaAllah! Only 3? shes still a baby!

Peace :(

Sami Zaatari
05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
these football players and the media are really stupid. because the kidnappers can now use these pleas to their advatnage, the kidnappers could easily say, well since you rich footballers care so much for her, pay us a nice hefty fee and we will give her back, its obvious they will make a ransom sooner or later, and with all this circus going on with the media and football stars that ransom has just gone up further. nice work you fools, stick to what ur good at, and thats kicking a ball.

England
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
these football players and the media are really stupid. because the kidnappers can now use these pleas to their advatnage, the kidnappers could easily say, well since you rich footballers care so much for her, pay us a nice hefty fee and we will give her back, its obvious they will make a ransom sooner or later, and with all this circus going on with the media and football stars that ransom has just gone up further. nice work you fools, stick to what ur good at, and thats kicking a ball.
Um.. and then we'll have little Madeleine back safe and sound :) When the money is to be handed to the kidnapper then he'll get nicked. Why do you not think the kidnapper hasn't asked for a ransom?

Sami Zaatari
05-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Um.. and then we'll have little Madeleine back safe and sound :) When the money is to be handed to the kidnapper then he'll get nicked. Why do you not think the kidnapper hasn't asked for a ransom?
well sure he could get nicked, but whatf he doesnt, then he gets a whole lot of money etc.

England
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
well sure he could get nicked, but whatf he doesnt, then he gets a whole lot of money etc.
He won't get away with it. The footballers handing him the money will be backed up by police who will then swoop in on the kidnapper... It happens alot.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.