/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Relations With Family

chacha_jalebi
05-11-2007, 01:14 PM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

Diggidy Diggidy Ya Best Check Yaselfs Before Ya Wreck Yaselfs :D

sometimes our family members can be rather annoyin and you just wana beat them with a baseball bat or somethin, but you cant do that, so we like cut off ties with them, and cut off ties does mean, when they come over you pretend your sleeping upstairs, you avoid them for no reason, and all that!

Allah (swt) warns us in surah ar Rad v21

"And those who join that which Allah has commanded to be joined (i.e., they are good to their relatives and do not sever the bond of kinship)"

and also in surah nisa v1

"And fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship)"

so cutting off relations whether by sayin it or actin like it, is haraam! we should always try to be kool wit our family members :D

in the hadiths we read . . .

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him be hospitable to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him maintain good the ties of blood relationship; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, must speak good or remain silent".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Al-Bara' bin `Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying: "A mother's sister is equivalent to (real) mother (in status)".[At-Tirmidhi]

^ thats important, because quite a lot of us, have beef with our auntys, so being rude to your aunty, is like bein rude to your own mother!!

Salman bin `Amir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When you break fast, you should do it with a date-fruit for there is blessing in it, and if you do not find a date-fruit, break it with water for it is pure.'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) added: "Charity towards a poor person is charity, and towards a relation is both charity and maintaining the ties (of kinship)".
[Tirmidhi]

this hadiths shows that giving charity to your family members is both rewarded as giving charity and as keepin ties with them!!

Abu Ayyub Khalid bin Zaid Al-Ansari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and said, "Direct me to a deed which will admit me to Jannah and take me away from the Fire". The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Worship Allah and associate no partner with Him, perform As-Salat, pay Zakat, and maintain the ties of kinship".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Abdullah `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) said: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying openly not secretly, "The family of so-and-so (i.e., Abu Talib) are not my supporters. My supporter is Allah and the righteous believing people. But they (that family) have kinship (Rahm) with whom I will maintain good the ties of kinship".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When this Verse was revealed: "And warn your tribe (O Muhammad (PBUH)) of near kindred". (Surah Ash Shuraa) Messenger of Allah (PBUH) called the Quraish; when they gathered, he said to them: "O sons of `Abd Shams; O sons of Ka`b bin Lu'ai, rescue yourselves from the Fire! O sons of Murrah bin Ka`b, rescue yourselves from the Fire! O sons of `Abd Manaf, rescue yourselves from the Fire! O sons of `Abdul-Muttalib, rescue yourselves from the Fire! O Fatimah, rescue yourself from the Fire, for I have no power (to protect you) from Allah in anything except that I would sustain relationship with you".
[Muslim]

this hadiths is kinda important, it shows that no matter what family you belong to, it wont benefit you on the day of qiyamah! and some people commit shirk, by asking from RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) i think this hadith should wake them up, because RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) is saying that he cant help his own family members on the day of qiyamah, so how can he help anyone else! the Prophet (saw) will intercede for us on that day only, neway it also shows the only thin that will benefit you is your deeds and not your family! also one can say that it shows the importance of family and how you should preach to them aswell!:D

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "You will soon conquer a land where people deal with Qirat.''

And according to another version: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "You will soon conquer Egypt where Al-Qirat is frequently mentioned. So when you conquer it, treat its inhabitants well. For there lies upon you the responsibility because of blood ties or relationship (with them)".[Muslim]

Abu Sufyan Sakhr bin Harb (May Allah be pleased with him) mentioned Heraclius in a long Hadith and said: Heraclius asked me, "What does this Prophet (PBUH) teach you?'' I said, "He orders us to worship Allah Alone and not to associate a thing with Him in worship, to discard what our ancestors said, to perform the Salat (prayer), speak the truth, and maintain the ties of kinship".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Abdullah `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) said: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying openly not secretly, "The family of so-and-so (i.e., Abu Talib) are not my supporters. My supporter is Allah and the righteous believing people. But they (that family) have kinship (Rahm) with whom I will maintain good the ties of kinship".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

this hadiths shows that even if some of your family are kafir, you should keep it real with them and not break of ties!

Zainab Ath-Thaqafiyah (May Allah be pleased with her) the wife of `Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When Messenger of Allah (PBUH) told the women that they should give Sadaqah (charity), even if it should be some of their jewellery, I returned to `Abdullah bin Mas`ud and said, "You are a man who does not possess much, and Messenger of Allah (PBUH) has commanded us to give Sadaqah. So go and ask him if giving to you will serve the purpose; otherwise, I shall give it to someone else.'' He asked me that I should better go myself. I went and found a woman of the Ansar at the door of Messenger of Allah (PBUH), waiting to ask a similar question as mine. The Prophet (PBUH) was endowed with dignity, and so we could not go in. When Bilal (May Allah be pleased with him) came out to us, we said to him: "Go to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and tell him that there are two women at the door who have come to ask him whether it will serve them to give Sadaqah to their husbands and to orphans who are in their charge, but do not tell him who we are. Bilal (May Allah be pleased with him) went in and asked him, and Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked him who the women were. When he told him that they were a woman of the Ansar and Zainab, he asked him which Zainab it was, and when he was told it was the wife of `Abdullah bin Mas`ud, he (PBUH) said, "They will have a double reward, one for maintaining the ties of kinship and another for Sadaqah".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The bond of relationship is suspending from the Throne, and says: `He who keeps good relations with me, Allah will keep connection with him, but whosoever severs relations with me, Allah will sever connection with him".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

again, DONT BREAK OFF RELATIONS KEEP THEM :p

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who desires ample provisions and his life be prolonged, should maintain good ties with his blood relations". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man said to Messenger of Allah (PBUH): I have relatives with whom I try to keep the ties of relationship but they sever relations with me; and whom I treat kindly but they treat me badly, I am gentle with them but they are rough to me.'' He (PBUH) replied, "If you are as you say, it is as if you are feeding them hot ashes, and you will be with a supporter"
[Muslim]

even if your family be weirdy with you, ya should always make the effort to be good to them, because as it says you will be with a supporter, so Allah (swt) will help you :D

Abdullah bin `Amr Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The person who perfectly maintains the ties of kinship is not the one who does it because he gets recompensed by his relatives (for being kind and good to them), but the one who truly maintains the bonds of kinship is the one who persists in doing so even though the latter has severed the ties of kinship with him".[Al-Bukhari]

hope this was helpfulll:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
:salamext:
jazakallah khayr for sharing,
it's really benefical :)
w/salaam wr. wb.

HBot 5000
05-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Jaazakhalla Khair :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.