/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Daily Hadith

islamirama
05-11-2007, 02:05 PM
This EBook is 4 Hadith collections in one and contains over 18,000 Hadith from the following:
  • Complete Sahih Bukhari
  • Complete Sahih Muslim
  • Complete Malik's Muwatta
  • Partial Abu Dawud
It features full text search, bookmarks, and easy to use navigation. Now you can search for a topic and cross-reference between all four collections!

DOWNLOAD - http://www.imaanstar.com/downloads/d...ile=hadith.exe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Camomilla
05-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanx for the share bro, I really appruciate It!
Jazakallah khair!

islamirama
05-11-2007, 02:09 PM
On sunnah of salaah

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) said:
"Allaah will build a house in Heaven for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah Rak'aat (as follows): 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr (Midday) Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib (Sunset Prayer), 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ (Evening) Prayer and 2 before the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer."

Hadith sahih narrated by at-Tirmidhi No. 379 and by others. Hadith No. 6183 in Sahih al-Jaami

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allaah’s Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) said:
"A house will be built in Heaven for one who prays 12 Rak'aat in a day and evening as follows: 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib Prayer, 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ Prayer and 2 before the Fajr Prayer."

Narrated by at-Tirmizi under No. 380. He said: The Hadith narrated by ‘Anbasah quoting Umm Habibah in this chapter is a hassan and sahih hadith. It is under No. 6362 in Sahih al-Jaami’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) said:
“Whoever prays twelve rak’ahs during the night and day, a house will be built for him in Paradise: four before Zuhr and two after, two rak’ahs after Maghrib, two rak’ahs after ‘Isha’ and two rak’ahs before Fajr prayer.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 380; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6362

Camomilla
05-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Jazakallah Khair bro!
may Allah(SWT) reward u for this!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
05-12-2007, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camilla
Jazakallah Khair bro!
may Allah(SWT) reward u for this!
wa'aiiaykum sis, inshallah more to come, stay tuned :D

Camomilla
05-12-2007, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
wa'aiiaykum sis, inshallah more to come, stay tuned :D
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh wa maghfiratu!
Insha Allah!
I'm looking forward to read similar posts:)
Wassalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh wa maghfiratu

islamirama
05-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh wa maghfiratu!
Insha Allah!
I'm looking forward to read similar posts:)
Wassalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh wa maghfiratu

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
Wa'alaikum as’salaam wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

everyone is welcome to jump in and contribute :)

islamirama
05-12-2007, 04:55 PM
On saying "IF"

Abu Hurairah (ra) related that The Messenger of Allah, sal Allahu alayhi wa salla, said:

"Seek out that which benefits you, seek help only from Allah and never say you can't do it. "If any adversity comes to you, do not say: 'If I had only acted in such-and-such a way, it would have been such-and-such;' but instead, say: 'Allah has decreed (it) and what He willed, He has done,' for verily, (the word) (if) opens the way for the work of Satan."

- Saheeh Muslim

Camomilla
05-12-2007, 06:37 PM
:w:
a very good reminder!:thumbs_up
:sl:

HBot 5000
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM

Jazakhallah khair, the s/w will be most useful :thumbs_up

islamirama
05-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Never will we yield

Narrated Al-Bara:

On the day (of the battle) of Al-Ahzab (i.e. clans) I saw the Prophet carrying earth, and the earth was covering the whiteness of his abdomen. And he was saying, "Without You (O Allah!) we would have got no guidance, nor given in charity, nor prayed. So please bless us with tranquility and make firm our feet when we meet our enemies.

Indeed (these) people have rebelled against (oppressed) us but never shall we yield if they try to bring affliction upon us."

Sahi Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 90

Dr. Jawad
05-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 49 :: Hadith 857

Narrated Um Kulthum bint Uqba:

That she heard Allah's Apostle saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."

Dr. Jawad
05-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'In the last third of every night our Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) (Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)) descends to the lowermost heaven and says; "Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?."'
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]

Amr ibn Absah narrated that the Prophet said: 'The closest any worshipper can be to His Lord is during the last part of the night, so if you can be amongst those who remember Allah at that time, then do so.'
[at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i, al-Hakim - Sahih]

3ARABY_2005
05-13-2007, 10:22 PM
thanks for the program..

downloading......

Dr. Jawad
05-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Imam Ahmad recorded Abu Sa`id saying that the Messenger of Allah said

(The hearts are four (types): polished as shiny as the radiating lamp, a sealed heart with a knot tied around its seal, a heart that is turned upside down and a wrapped heart. As for the polished heart, it is the heart of the believer and the lamp is the light of faith. The sealed heart is the heart of the disbeliever. The heart that is turned upside down is the heart of the pure hypocrite, because he had knowledge but denied it. As for the wrapped heart, it is a heart that contains belief and hypocrisy. The example of faith in this heart, is the example of the herb that is sustained by pure water. The example of hypocrisy in it, is the example of an ulcer that thrives on puss and blood. Whichever of the two substances has the upper hand, it will have the upper hand on that heart). This Hadith has a Jayid Hasan (good) chain of narration.

Re.TiReD
05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Rasulullah sallAllâhu alayhi wa sallam is reported to have said: "A person was in a jungle when all of a sudden he heard a voice in a cloud saying: "Go and water the orchard of so and so person." On hearing that voice, the cloud moved and poured heavily on a stony place. All the water collected in a drain and began to flow. This person began following the water and saw that a man was standing in his orchard and was sprinkling water with a spade.
This person asked the gardener: "O servant of Allâh! What is your name?" He gave the same name which this person had heard in the cloud. Thereafter, the gardener asked this person:
"O servant of Allâh! Why are you asking me my name?"
He replied: "I heard a voice in that cloud whose water this is taking your name and asking it to pour water onto your orchard. What do you do in it that it is so acceptable?"
He replied: "Now that you have asked, I will have to inform you. I look at its total produce and from there I give one third to charity. Another third I keep for myself and my family, and the last third I re-invest into this orchard."

Lesson:
1)Glory be to Allâh! How merciful He is that the person who obeys Him has all his work done through unseen ways without him even knowing about it. Without doubt, the person who becomes Allâh's, Allâh becomes his.

2) When we give a part of our wealth in the path of Allah (to the poor and needy etc) Allah will increase our sustanance.

3) Another Hadith states that in order to remove calamities we should give money into charity.

may Allah give us the ability to act upon what has been written.Ameen

dont have a reference for this unfortunately...if anyone can provide one it'd be great :)

islamirama
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Inshallah lets post hadith that have reference only, if you do not have one then hold of till you find one please.

Dr. Jawad
05-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 70 :: Hadith 544

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle said, "No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn."

Camomilla
05-15-2007, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jawad
'In the last third of every night our Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) (Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)) descends to the lowermost heaven
I didn't quite understan, please brother can u tell me what does It mean by
"In the last third of every night"? :?
sorry, my english Is not perfect...

Camomilla
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Masha Allah!
Thank you all brothers and sisters for the share.
May Allah(SWT) reward you all!

islamirama
05-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Hadith: Magrib and jinns

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said, "When night falls (or when it is evening), stop your children from going out, for the devils spread out at that time. But when an hour of the night has passed, release them and close the doors and mention Allah's Name, for Satan does not open a closed door. Tie the mouth of your water-skin and mention Allah's Name; cover your containers and utensils and mention Allah's Name. Cover them even by placing something across it, and extinguish your lamps.” (Volume 7, Book 69, Number 527)

The prophet cidimage001@01C6F308BAB2DD50 - has stated in a hadith “As night comes in and it is dusk, then keep your children in for Shaytan gather at that time. When an hour of the time goes by, then let them out. Close the doors and mention the name of Allah. Shaytan does not open a closed door.” (Al Bukhari relates from Jabir Bin Abdullah.)

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:533, Narrated Jabi bin 'Abdullah cidimage002@01C6F308BAB2DD50 -

The Prophet cidimage003@01C6F308BAB2DD50 - said, "Cover your utensils and tie your water skins, and close your doors and keep your children close to you at night, as the Jinns spread out at such time and snatch things away. When you go to bed, put out your lights, for the mischief-doer (i.e. the rat) may drag away the wick of the candle and burn the dwellers of the house." Ata said, "The devils." (Instead of the Jinns). Hadith - Sunan of Abu Dawood

Dr. Jawad
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Sister,

It means that every night is divided into three parts. The first part is one-third of the night, the second one is the next one third, and the last part of the night(last couple of hours before Fajr time)is the last one third of the night. Say for example, if night time starts at 8pm and Fajr time is at 5 am, the last third of the night would be approximately from 2 am to somewhere before 5am.
Allah Knows Best!

islamirama
05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Hadith: Punishment for not obeying the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said,
"All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?" He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)."
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 384

How many of us not follow the sunnah cuz it's not in the Quran or it's not "important'?

Camomilla
05-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Sister,

It means that every night is divided into three parts. The first part is one-third of the night, the second one is the next one third, and the last part of the night(last couple of hours before Fajr time)is the last one third of the night. Say for example, if night time starts at 8pm and Fajr time is at 5 am, the last third of the night would be approximately from 2 am to somewhere before 5am.
Allah Knows Best!
thanx

islamirama
05-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Raising Hands to make dua

The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah is modest and most generous; if a man raises his hands to Him, He cannot send them back empty and unanswered,”

Narrated by Ahmad and Abu Dawood from the hadeeth of Salmaan

islamirama
05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Reward for Callind adhan & being in first Row

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said,
"If the people knew what is the reward of making the call (for the prayer) and (of being in) the first row (in the prayer), and if they found no other way to get this privilege except by casting lots, they would certainly cast lots for it. If they knew the reward of the noon prayer, they would race for it, and if they knew the reward of the morning (i.e. Fajr) and Isha prayers, they would present themselves for the prayer even if they had to crawl to reach there.
Sahi Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 48, Number 854

HBot 5000
05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Raising Hands to make dua

The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah is modest and most generous; if a man raises his hands to Him, He cannot send them back empty and unanswered,”

Narrated by Ahmad and Abu Dawood from the hadeeth of Salmaan

Jazakhllah Khair .. aki

Camomilla
05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Jazakallah khair brother islamirama!

Dr. Jawad
05-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:

"A person who leaves 3 Friday prayers consecutively, Allah puts a seal on his heart." (Ahmad, Tirmizi, abu Dawud).

Dr. Jawad
05-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "On Friday the Angels stand oust the door of the mosque and write down the names of the people in the order in which they enter the mosque for Friday prayer. The first group of people who enter the mosque get the reward equivalent to that of sacrificing a camel, the people who enter the mosque after them get the reward equivalent to that of sacrificing a cow. The people who enter the mosque after them get the reward equivalent to that of sacrificing a ram and the people who follow on likewise get this reward of a Chicken, egg and so on there is a gradation of rewards for the people as they enter. The angels keep writing the names of the people as they enter the mosque until the Imam sits down to give Khutbah. Then the angels collect their registers and sit and listen to the Khutbah." (Bukhari, Muslim).

Camomilla
05-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:

"A person who leaves 3 Friday prayers consecutively, Allah puts a seal on his heart." (Ahmad, Tirmizi, abu Dawud).
Masha Allah!
I've learned new thing :thumbs_up

islamirama
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Masha Allah!
I've learned new thing :thumbs_up
It applies to men only, since going to the Jummah is obligatory on them and an option the women.

islamirama
05-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Longing for Death

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 9, Book 90, Number 341:
Narrated Sa'd bin Ubaid (radiallaho unho):

Allah's Apostle (salallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "None of you should long for death, for if he is a good man, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil-doer, he may stop the evil deeds and repent"

Camomilla
05-19-2007, 12:31 PM
It applies to men only, since going to the Jummah is obligatory on them and an option the women.
yes ur right :)

Dr. Jawad
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 739

Anas reported: Bilal was commanded (by the Holy Prophet) to repeat the phrases twice in Adhan, and once in lqama.

islamirama
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Tests for the Believers

A persons life in this world is not stable. One passes through alternating periods of happiness and dismay, strength and weakness. wealth and poverty, health and sickness etc. A true believer is one who maintains a clear level of Eemaan throughout the worldly fluctuations. He continues to remember Allah and ascribe the bounties to Him; and he turns to Him in submission, asking for relief from his affliction. This is described by the Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) who said:

" Indeed amazing are the affairs of a believer ! They are all for hisbenefit; If he is granted ease of living he is thankful; and this is best for him. And if he is afflicted with a hardship, he perseveres; and this is best or him." [ Muslim ]

And Allah (S) said (which means);

" Certainly, We shall test you with fear,hunger,loss of wealth,lives and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient - those who, when afflicted with calamity say, "Truly to Allah we belong, and truly to Him shall we return." it is those who will be awarded blessings and mercy from their Lord; and it is those who are the guided ones." [ 2:155-157 ]

Thus, a believer shows gratitude and thankfulness for all the wonderful blessings that Allah grants him. And he displays patience and submission during sickness and hardships, hunger, or other afflictions.

islamirama
05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
HARDSHIPS BENEFIT THE BELIEVER

Allah has decreed that, in this life, hardships and disasters strike both believers and non-believers. For a non-believer, they are inconveniences that hinder him from proceeding with his normal involvement in the worldly life. For a believer, on the other hand, they are instances of rest and remembrance, tests that promise great rewards, and indications of atonement and expiation of sins. Regardless of how little is the harm that strikes a believer, it carries with it good news of forgiveness and elevated rank (in Jannah). The Righteous Predecessors used to be pleased when a hardship afflicted them, seeing it as a token of Allah's forgiveness and benevolence.

EXPIATION OF SINS

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) said:

" Hardships continue to befall a believing man and woman in their body, family, and property, until they meet Allah (S) burdened with no sins. " [ Tirmithee ]

islamirama
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
SIGN OF ALLAH'S LOVE

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) said:

" Whenever Allah wills good for a person, He subjects him to adversity" [ Bukharee and others ]

islamirama
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
SIGN OF EMAAN

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu anhu) and Ka'b Bin Maalik (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" The parable of a believer is that of a fresh and moist plant; the wind tilts it this way and that way; and so is the believer; he continues to be subject to affliction. And the parable of a hypocrite is that of a firm cedar tree; it does not shake - until it is uprooted all at once." [Bukharee and Muslim ]

islamirama
05-29-2007, 01:14 PM
SIGN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The prophets and righteous people are afflicted the most, and their rewards are the highest. Sa'd (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" The most in their suffering among the people are the prophets, then the best, then the (next) best. One is afflicted in accordance with his deen (faith). If his deen is firm his affliction is hard, and if his deen is weak, his affliction is light. Indeed, one would be so much subjected to adversity until he walks among the people without any sins. " [ Ahmad, Tirmithee ]

islamirama
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
EARLY PUNISHMENT

Anas (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" When Allah wills good for a servant of His, He expedites his punishment in this life; and when He wills retribution for a servant of His, He holds his sins for Him to judge him by them on the Day of Resurrection. " [ Tirmithee ]

islamirama
06-01-2007, 02:10 PM
MULTIPLICATION OF REWARDS

Anas (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" The amount of reward is in accordance with the amount of suffering. When Allah (SWT) loves some people, He tries them (with affliction). He who then is content (with Allah's decree) has achieved the acceptance (of Allah), and he who is dissatisfied (with Allah's decree) will attain the anger (of allah)." [Tirmithee ]

Dr. Jawad
06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 4

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."

Dr. Jawad
06-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 6

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden you ( 1 ) to be undutiful to your mothers (2) to withhold (what you should give) or (3) demand (what you do not deserve), and (4) to bury your daughters alive. And Allah has disliked that (A) you talk too much about others ( B), ask too many questions (in religion), or (C) waste your property."

islamirama
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
REWARDS FOR SICKNESS

One should not look to sickness as a gloomy episode, but should remember the great good in it. It is one form of affliction with which Allah (SWT) tests His 'ibaad (servants), giving them a chance to acquire rewards, as was explained above, as is further emphasized below.

REMOVAL OF SINS AND ELEVATION IN RANKS

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" Whenever a Muslim is afflicted by harm from sickness or other matters, Allah will drop his sins because of that, like a tree drops its leaves." [ Bukharee and Muslim ]

Abu Sa'eed al-Khudree (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" A muslim is not afflicted by hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm, or depression - even if pricked by a thorn, but Allah expiates his sins because of that. " [ Bukharee and Muslim ]

Sa'eed said, " I was with Salmaan (radiallaahu anhu) when he visited a sick man in Kindah ( in Persia ), and he said to him: " Expect good because Allah(SWT) makes a believers sickness an expiation (for his sins) and a period of rest. However, when a disbeliever falls sick, he is like a camel whose owner ties it then lets it loose - it does not understand why it was tied nor why it was freed."" [ Bukharee ]

'Aishah (radiallaahu anhu) narrated that once some pain afflicted the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) causing him to suffer and turn about in his bed. she said: " Had one of us done this, you would have blamed him."

He (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) replied:

" An ailment is intensified for the righteous. whenever a believer is afflicted by a hardship, either it is a thorn or more, a sin is taken off from him because of it, and he is elevated by one rank ( in Jannah). " [ Ahmad ]

islamirama
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
RETAINING REWARDS FOR DEEDS BEFORE SICKNESS

Usually, when a believer falls sick, he would not be able to do the same amount of good (prayer,fasting,helping Muslims etc) that he used to do when he was well. But Allah out of His great mercy, continues to record for him the good deeds that he was forced to stop because of his sickness. Abu Moosa Al-Ash'aree (radiallaahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" For a travelling or sick person, his deeds will be recorded in accordance with what he used to do when he was resident or well." [ Bukharee ]

'Abdullah Bin 'Amr (radiallaahu anhu)reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" No (believing) person gets sick, but (his deeds) will be recorded for him in accordance with what he used to do when he was well." [ Bukharee ]

Anas (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihiwasallam) said:

" No muslims body is afflicted by Allah, but He will record (his deeds) foe him in accordance with what he used to do when he was well - as long as he is sick. Thus, if He takes his life, He forgives him; and if He cures him, He washes him (from sins)." [ Bukharee ]

'Uqbah Bin 'Aamir (radiallaahu anhu)reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" Each days deeds are sealed with it. thus, when a believer gets sick, the angels say, " Our lord! Your servant such and such, You have restrained him (from doing good this day)." And the lord replies, " Seal his day in accordance with his (usual) deeds, until he is cured or dies". [ Ahmad ]

Dr. Jawad
06-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Ayyub said that he had some dates and a Ghoul used to take some, and he complained to the Prophet. The Prophet said to him, "When you see her, say, `In the Name of Allah, answer to the Messenger of Allah'.'' Abu Ayyub said that when she came again, he said these words and he was able to grab her. She begged, "I will not come again,'' so Abu Ayyub released her. Abu Ayyub went to the Prophet and the Prophet asked him, "What did your prisoner do'' Abu Ayyub said, "I grabbed her and she said twice, `I will not come again,' and I released her.'' The Prophet said, "She will come back.'' Abu Ayyub said, "So I grabbed her twice or three times, yet each time ﴿I would release her when﴾ she vowed not to come back. I would go to the Prophet who would ask me, `What is the news of your prisoner' I would say, `I grabbed her, then released her when she said that she would not return.' The Prophet would say that she would return. Once, I grabbed her and she said, `Release me and I will teach you something to recite so that no harm touches you, that is, Ayat Al-Kursi.' Abu Ayyub went to the Prophet and told him, and the Prophet said, "She is liar, but she told the truth.'' At-Tirmidhi recorded this Hadith in the chapter of the virtues of the Qur'an and said, "Hasan Gharib.'' In Arabic, `Ghoul' refers to the Jinn when they appear at night.

Al-Bukhari recorded a similar story in his Sahih from Abu Hurayrah, in the chapters on the virtues of the Qur'an and the description of Shaytan. In this narration, Abu Hurayrah said,

"Allah's Messenger assigned me to keep watch over the Sadaqah (charity) of Ramadan. A person snuck in and started taking handfuls of foodstuff. I caught him and said, `By Allah, I will take you to Allah's Messenger.' He said, `Release me, for I am meek and have many dependents and am in great need.' I released him, and in the morning Allah's Messenger asked me, `What did your prisoner do yesterday, O Abu Hurayrah' I said, `O Allah's Messenger! He complained of being needy and of having many dependents, so I pitied him and let him go.' Allah's Messenger said, `Indeed, he told you a lie and will be coming again.' I believed that he would show up again, for Allah's Messenger had told me that he would return. So, I watched for him. When he (showed up and) started stealing handfuls of foodstuff, I caught hold of him again and said, `I will definitely take you to Allah's Messenger.' He said, `Leave me, for I am very needy and have many dependents. I promise I will not come back again.' I pitied him and let him go. In the morning Allah's Messenger asked me, `What did your prisoner do last night, O Abu Hurayrah!' I replied, `O Allah's Messenger! He complained of his great need and of too many dependents, so I took pity on him and set him free.' Allah's Messenger said, `Verily, he told you a lie; he will return.' I waited for him attentively for the third time, and when he (came and) started stealing handfuls of the foodstuff, I caught hold of him and said, `I will surely take you to Allah's Messenger as it is the third time you promised not to return, yet you returned.' He said, `Let me teach you some words which Allah will give you benefit from.' I asked, `What are they' He replied, `Whenever you go to bed, recite Ayat Al-Kursi- Allahu la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum, till you finish the whole verse. (If you do so), Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you, and no Shaytan will come near you until morning.' So, I released him. In the morning, Allah's Messenger asked, `What did your prisoner do yesterday' I replied, `O Allah's Messenger! He claimed that he would teach me some words by which Allah will grant me some benefit, so I let him go.' Allah's Messenger asked, `What are they' I replied, `He said to me: Whenever you go to bed, recite Ayat Al-Kursi from the beginning to the end, Allahu la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum. He further said to me: (If you do so), Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you, and no Shaytan will come near you until morning.' (One of the narrators) then commented that they (the Companions) were very keen to do good deeds. The Prophet said, `He spoke the truth, although he is a liar. Do you know whom you were talking to, these three nights, O Abu Hurayrah' Abu Hurayrah said, `No.' He said, `It was Shaytan.''' An-Nasa'i also recorded this Hadith in Al-Yawm wa Al-Laylah.

Yanal
06-07-2007, 12:14 AM
This EBook is 4 Hadith collections in one and contains over 18,000 Hadith from the following:
  • Complete Sahih Bukhari
  • Complete Sahih Muslim
  • Partial Abu Dawud
It features full text search, bookmarks, and easy to use navigation. Now you can search for a topic and cross-reference between all four collections!

thx bro

islamirama
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
REASON FOR THE REWARD

'Atta Bin Rabaah reported that ibn 'abbaas (radiallaahu anhu) told him, " Do you want to see a woman from the people of Jannah (paradise)?" He said "Yes". He said: " It is this black woman. She came to the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) saying, " I have (epileptic) seizures, and I get exposed, so supplicate to Allah for me." He (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" If you wish, be patient and you will attain Jannah; or if you wish, I will ask Allah to cure you."

She replied, " I will be patient ! But my body gets exposed (because of the fall), so supplicate to Allah for me that I do not become exposed." and he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) did." [ Bukharee and Muslim ]

The scholars have differed in opinion as to whether a sick person will be rewarded for the sickness itself or for being patient during it. the correct opinion is that if he is patient and submits to Allah's will, as in the above hadeeth, he would be rewarded for both the submission and the sickness, otherwise, he would not be rewarded at all; because he resented Allah's decree. This is what should be understood from Ibn hajar al-'Asqalaanees words:

" The authentic hadeeths are clear in that the rewards are recorded once affliction strikes a Muslim. as for patience and acceptance, they are virtues for which a person may get additional rewards over those for the affliction."

'Abdullah Bin 'Amr (radiallaahu anhu)reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" If a Muslim is pricked by (as little as) a thorn in the worldly life, and he seeks its reward from Allah, some of his sins will be removed, because of
it, on the Day of Judgement." [Bukharee]

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
thx bro
welcome :)

Dr. Jawad
06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Allah commands that the prayer should be performed properly and on time. It is reported in the Two Sahihs that Ibn Mas`ud said, "I asked the Prophet , `Which deed is the dearest (to Allah)' He replied:

«الصَّلَاةُ عَلى وَقْتِها»

(To offer the prayers at their fixed times.) I asked, `What is the next (in goodness)' He replied:

«الْجِهَادُ فِي سَبِيلِ الله»

(To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause.)'' I again asked, `What is the next (in goodness)' He replied:

«بِرُّ الْوَالِدَيْن»

(To be good and dutiful to your parents.) `Abdullah then added, "The Prophet told me these words, and had I asked more, the Prophet would have told me more.''

islamirama
06-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Hadith: Reward for prayers, standing in first row & making the adhaan

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said,
"If the people knew what is the reward of making the call (for the prayer) and (of being in) the first row (in the prayer), and if they found no other way to get this privilege except by casting lots, they would certainly cast lots for it. If they knew the reward of the noon prayer, they would race for it, and if they knew the reward of the morning (i.e. Fajr) and Isha prayers, they would present themselves for the prayer even if they had to crawl to reach there.
Sahi Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 48, Number 854

Dr. Jawad
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Allah's Messenger emphasized the necessity of preserving the `Asr prayer, when he said, as Ibn `Umar narrated:

«مَنْ فَاتَتْهُ صَلَاةُ الْعَصْرِ فَكَأَنَّمَا وُتِرَ أَهْلَهُ وَمَالَه»

(Whoever misses the `Asr prayer will be like who has lost his family and money.)

Dr. Jawad
06-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 17
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The word 'Ar-Rahm (womb) derives its name from Ar-Rahman (i.e., one of the names of Allah) and Allah said: 'I will keep good relation with the one who will keep good relation with you, (womb i.e. Kith and Kin) and sever the relation with him who will sever the relation with you, (womb, i.e. Kith and Kin).

Dr. Jawad
06-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Mujahid said, "The most trustworthy handhold is Iman (faith).'' As-Suddi said that it refers to Islam. Imam Ahmad recorded that Qays bin `Abbad said, "I was in the Masjid when a man whose face showed signs of humbleness came and prayed two Rak`ahs that were modest in length. The people said, `This is a man from among the people of Paradise.' When he left, I followed him until he entered his house, and I entered it after him and spoke with him. When he felt at ease, I said to him, `When you entered the Masjid, the people said such and such things.' He said, `All praise is due to Allah! No one should say what he has no knowledge of. I will tell you why they said that. I saw a vision during the time of the Messenger of Allah, and I narrated it to him. I saw that I was in a green garden, ' and he described the garden's plants and spaciousness, `and there was an iron pole in the middle of the garden affixed in the earth and its tip reached the sky. On its tip, there was a handle, and I was told to ascend the pole. I said, `I cannot.' Then a helper came and raised my robe from behind and said to me, `Ascend.' I ascended until I grasped the handle and he said to me, `Hold on to the handle.' I awoke from that dream with the handle in my hand. I went to the Messenger of Allah and told him about the vision and he said,

«أَمَّا الرَّوْضَةُ فَرَوْضَةُ الْإِسْلَامِ، وَأَمَّا الْعَمُودُ فَعَمُودُ الْإِسْلَامِ، وَأَمَّا الْعُرْوَةُ فَهِيَ الْعُرْوَةُ الْوُثْقَى، أَنْتَ عَلَى الْإِسْلَامِ حَتَّى تَمُوت»

(As for the garden, it represents Islam; as for the pole, it represents the pillar of Islam; and the handle represents the most trustworthy handhold. You shall remain Muslim until you die.)

This Companion was `Abdullah bin Salam.''

This Hadith was also collected in the Two Sahihs; and Al-Bukhari also recorded it with another chain of narration.

islamirama
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Hadith: Looking to Jews/Christians for answers instead of the Qur'an

Narrated Ubaidullah bin Abdullah bin Utba:
Ibn Abbas said, "O Muslims? How do you ask the people of the Scriptures, though your Book (i.e. the Quran) which was revealed to His Prophet is the most recent information from Allah and you recite it, the Book that has not been distorted? Allah has revealed to you that the people of the scriptures have changed with their own hands what was revealed to them and they have said (as regards their changed Scriptures): This is from Allah, in order to get some worldly benefit thereby." Ibn Abbas added: "Isn't the knowledge revealed to you sufficient to prevent you from asking them? By Allah I have never seen any one of them asking (Muslims) about what has been revealed to you."
Sahi Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 48, Number 850

islamirama
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Hadith: What you can swear (take an oath) by

Narrated Abdullah: The Prophet said,
"Whoever has to take an oath should swear by Allah or remain silent." (i.e. He should not swear by other than Allah.)

Sahi Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 48, Number 844

islamirama
06-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Hadith: The most hated and beloved speech to Allah

The Prophet (saw) said:
The most beloved of speech to Allaah is when a person says: "Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bi hamdika, wa tabaaraka ismuka wa taýaala jadduka, wa laa ilaaha ghayruka (Glory and praise be to You, O Allaah, blessed be Your name and exalted be Your majesty, and there is no god but You)." The most hated of speech to Allaah is when one man says to another, "Fear Allaah," and the other says, "Mind your own business!"

al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, no. 2598

islamirama
06-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Hadith: Protecting what you see from the evil (eye)

Narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) said:

“When Allaah blesses a person in his family, wealth or children and he says ‘Ma sha’ Allaah la quwwata illa Billaah (that which Allaah wills (will come to pass)! There is no power but with Allaah), he will not see any harm come to them before death.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat (6/126); classed as saheeh by Ibn al-Qayyim in Shifa’ al-‘Aleel (1/182); classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah (2012)

asadxyz
06-14-2007, 11:20 PM
REASON FOR THE REWARD

'Atta Bin Rabaah reported that ibn 'abbaas (radiallaahu anhu) told him, " Do you want to see a woman from the people of Jannah (paradise)?" He said "Yes". He said: " It is this black woman. She came to the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) saying, " I have (epileptic) seizures, and I get exposed, so supplicate to Allah for me." He (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

" If you wish, be patient and you will attain Jannah; or if you wish, I will ask Allah to cure you."

She replied, " I will be patient ! But my body gets exposed (because of the fall), so supplicate to Allah for me that I do not become exposed." and he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) did." [ Bukharee and Muslim ]

The scholars have differed in opinion as to whether a sick person will be rewarded for the sickness itself or for being patient during it. the correct opinion is that if he is patient and submits to Allah's will, as in the above hadeeth, he would be rewarded for both the submission and the sickness, otherwise, he would not be rewarded at all; because he resented Allah's decree. This is what should be understood from Ibn hajar al-'Asqalaanees words:

" The authentic hadeeths are clear in that the rewards are recorded once affliction strikes a Muslim. as for patience and acceptance, they are virtues for which a person may get additional rewards over those for the affliction."

" If a Muslim is pricked by (as little as) a thorn in the worldly life, and he seeks its reward from Allah, some of his sins will be removed, because of
it, on the Day of Judgement." [Bukharee]

welcome :)
This post gives the impression that in case a Muslim falls ill ,then it is better for him to be patient and remain sick to get "reward" and "Jannah" ,rather to try to get rid of this illness by treatment.
Is my impression correct?? Just confused

islamirama
06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
This post gives the impression that in case a Muslim falls ill ,then it is better for him to be patient and remain sick to get "reward" and "Jannah" ,rather to try to get rid of this illness by treatment.
Is my impression correct?? Just confused

You impression is not correct. The hadeeth point out that even while sick, the Muslim benefits from that too. Every infliction he faces he is rewarded and compensated for it by Allah. It means you accept it rather then whine about it and be patient in your illness while you are sick. Your patiences and your pain causes your sins to be erased from you. But this does not mean you get sick and stay sick to get jannah. You're body has a right over you and one of it's right is that you take care of it. Prophet *S* said that precaution is better than remedy, it's good to take precaution (like dress warm in the winter) rather then fall sick and then fail to complete your duties (like salaah).

The hadith is assurance to those that fall ill and in pain to be patient and to know that they is (a way) to seek reward in that also (by being patient rather then complaing "why" Allah did this to you, blah blah).

As for the women, that is a special case. Her illness is something not normal and the dua of the Prophet *S* is not something normal either. Even today there is no real cure for seizures.

see http://www.neurologychannel.com/seiz...reatment.shtml

islamirama
06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Ayatul-Kursi

Abu Umaamah (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites Aayatul Kursi following every obligatory prayer, nothing prevents him from entering Paradise except dying.

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Aayat al-Kursiy at night will have ongoing protection from Allaah and no devil will come near him until morning comes.”

Ayat al-Kursi is verse 255 of the second chapter (Surah) of the Holy Quran, Surat al-Baqarah (The Chapter of the Cow)

Below is the Arabic text, the transliteration, and the English translation and then some of the benefits of reciting this verse, the Verse of the Throne:

اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Allahu la ilaha illa huwa, Al -Haiyul-Qaiyum La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm lahu ma fi as-samawati wa ma fil-'ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi Ya'lamu ma bayna aydihim wa ma khalfahum wa la yuhituna bi shai'in min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma wa Hu wal 'Aliyul-Adheem

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
[Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]

Audio/arabic/transliteration - http://www.mounthira.com/learning/ay...i/ayatulkursi/

asadxyz
06-15-2007, 04:11 PM

The hadith is assurance to those that fall ill and in pain to be patient and to know that they is (a way) to seek reward in that also (by being patient rather then complaing "why" Allah did this to you, blah blah).

As for the women, that is a special case. Her illness is something not normal and the dua of the Prophet *S* is not something normal either. Even today there is no real cure for seizures.

see http://www.neurologychannel.com/seiz...reatment.shtml
Thanks a lot for reply;
In the narration words are very clear:
It is this black woman. She came to the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) saying, " I have (epileptic) seizures, and I get exposed, so supplicate to Allah for me." He (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:

The Holy prophet(PBUH) did not say that ,because it is incurable so be patient.Rather He (PBUH) gave her options.

I am sure it is not only I but others also who might have got the same impression which I got.
Best of luck

Khayal
06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Bismillah!

ONENESS, UNIQUENESS OF ALLAH (TAWHEED)

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

Whenever the Prophet offered the night (Tahajjud) prayer, he used to say, "O Allah! All the Praises are for You; You are the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. And all the Praises are for You; You are the Keeper of the Heavens and the Earth. All the Praises are for You; You are the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is therein. Youare the Truth, and Your Promise is the Truth, and Your Speech is the Truth, and meeting You is the Truth, and Paradise is the Truth and Hell (Fire) is the Truth and all the prophets are the Truth and the Hour is the Truth. O Allah! I surrender to You, and believe in You, and depend upon You, and repent to You, and in Your cause I fight and with Your orders I rule. So please forgive my past and future sins andthose sins which I did in secret or in public. It is You Whom I worship, None has the right to be worshipped except You ."
(See Hadith No. 329,Vol. 8)

islamirama
06-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks a lot for reply;
In the narration words are very clear:

The Holy prophet(PBUH) did not say that ,because it is incurable so be patient.Rather He (PBUH) gave her options.

I am sure it is not only I but others also who might have got the same impression which I got.
Best of luck

He said: " If you wish, be patient and you will attain Jannah; or if you wish, I will ask Allah to cure you."

The prophet's dua was always accepted so he gave her the option to be patient or be cured thru his dua. Who knows how hard it is for her to go about her daily life with this hardship and as a mercy Allah forgave her or just erased so many sins for each hardship till she was among those of jannah. In either case the point is not to get sick and lay in bed all your life, but rather to be patient when you are sick. It also does not mean you do not seek treatment as your body has rights over you and you can't neglect those rights. You should ask your imaam after jummah and see what he says.

asadxyz
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much for explanation.
At least one thing seems to be sure.If you are sick ,it is optional
  1. Either be patient (no treatment) and get Jannah because of persistant patience.
  2. Or get treatment

This is what the Holy prophet advised according to this narration

islamirama
06-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Thank you very much for explanation.
At least one thing seems to be sure.If you are sick ,it is optional
  1. Either be patient (no treatment) and get Jannah because of persistant patience.
  2. Or get treatment

This is what the Holy prophet advised according to this narration

please don't drive your own meanings from the hadith. I would advise you to ask an imaam or scholar on this. There are often many hadeeth that explain each other and further elaborate the meaning of this or that hadith.

asadxyz
06-15-2007, 11:06 PM

please don't drive your own meanings from the hadith. I would advise you to ask an imaam or scholar on this. There are often many hadeeth that explain each other and further elaborate the meaning of this or that hadith.
I am not dragging my own meaning.If this is wrong meaning what I conceived then I feel sorry.Either you tell me or guide me to someone to approach either by e-mail or phone so that I can clarify it.
I will appreciate your guidance.
I have put honestly what my impression is.
Best of luck

islamirama
06-16-2007, 04:39 AM
I am not dragging my own meaning.If this is wrong meaning what I conceived then I feel sorry.Either you tell me or guide me to someone to approach either by e-mail or phone so that I can clarify it.
I will appreciate your guidance.
I have put honestly what my impression is.
Best of luck

Bro sometimes we get impression or understanding of something based one what information comes our way and we let that mould our understanding not knowing if what we understand is right or wrong. Sometimes there's more information available on the topic that further elaborates on it. Just like we have tafsir for the Quran, so too we have commentaries on the hadeeth from great scholars. We should always seek their help in understanding as they are more knoweldgeable and knows not only the history of the hadith, what context it was saidi, but also anyother hadeeth that further explain on this one.

You should ask your local imaam about this hadith and pose your thoughts/impressions and see what he can tell you. Also for online you can go to islamqa.com to look there or ask yourself at www.fatwa.online.com

may Allah give us patiences to learn and wisdom to understand His deen.

ameen

asadxyz
06-16-2007, 08:07 AM

Bro sometimes we get impression or understanding of something based one what information comes our way and we let that mould our understanding not knowing if what we understand is right or wrong. Sometimes there's more information available on the topic that further elaborates on it. Just like we have tafsir for the Quran, so too we have commentaries on the hadeeth from great scholars. We should always seek their help in understanding as they are more knoweldgeable and knows not only the history of the hadith, what context it was saidi, but also anyother hadeeth that further explain on this one.

You should ask your local imaam about this hadith and pose your thoughts/impressions and see what he can tell you. Also for online you can go to islamqa.com to look there or ask yourself at www.fatwa.online.com

may Allah give us patiences to learn and wisdom to understand His deen.

ameen
I will inshallah try to get the answer for it.
But one request.If we are not able to explain something then we should avoid posting such confusing material which can do more damage than something good.
There are so many excellent narrations by the Holy Prophet :arabic5: Why not to post them so that every one has positive image about Islam.
This is not service of Islam that we create confusion in the mind of hundereds of people and do not give any explanation.
Best of luck

S.A.
06-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Thank u very much islamirama !

islamirama
06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I will inshallah try to get the answer for it.
But one request.If we are not able to explain something then we should avoid posting such confusing material which can do more damage than something good.
There are so many excellent narrations by the Holy Prophet :arabic5: Why not to post them so that every one has positive image about Islam.
This is not service of Islam that we create confusion in the mind of hundereds of people and do not give any explanation.
Best of luck

No offense bro but i think you are the only one confused here. I'm sure the imaam will state exactly what I have been telling you all along. Anyways, inshallah let us know how it went.

format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.

Thank u very much islamirama !

you're welcome sis, but for what? :)

asadxyz
06-16-2007, 07:48 PM

No offense bro but i think you are the only one confused here. I'm sure the imaam will state exactly what I have been telling you all along. Anyways, inshallah let us know how it went.

:)
:salamext:
You seem to be right because I was only one who raised the question.Actually I am not as scholarly/intelligent as you people are so I apologize to be getting confused.
Even then my request stays there.

Khayal
06-16-2007, 07:51 PM
:arabic6:

25. Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ash`ar (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Wudu' is half of Salah; the utterance of (Al-hamdu lillah - all praise belongs to Allah) fills the Scales of good actions; the utterance of (Subhan Allah wa Al-hamdu lillah) (Allah is far removed from every imperfection and all praise belongs to Allah) fills the space between the heavens and the earth, and Salat (prayer) is light; and charity is the proof of Faith; and endurance is light, and the Qur'an is a plea in your favour or against you. Every person departs; he either ransoms it or puts it into perdition".
[Muslim].

Commentary:

1. Piety in all forms is meritorious. And Faith means Faith in its perfect form. Some people are of the opinion that here Faith means Salat. Purification is essential for Salat and this is the reason it is regarded as half of Salat.
2. Excellence of the remembrance of Allah.
3. Inducement for concentration on Salat because it is a light which provides guidance to a Muslim at every step and prevents him from obscenity and unlawful actions.
4. Sadaqah signifies a Muslim's sincerity and devotion.
5. The praiseworthiness of patience. It is a strong weapon of a Muslim which provides him with steadfastness.
6. The Qur'an is a means of salvation as well as destruction for a Muslim. If one acts upon its orders, it becomes a means of his salvation; if he shuns them, it ruins him.
7. One should not leave oneself idle but keep it busy - busy in some noble work, otherwise it would tend to evil which will eventually ruin him.
8. One should spend this transitory earthly life in the obedience of Allah.

:wasalamex

islamirama
06-16-2007, 08:38 PM
You seem to be right because I was only one who raised the question.Actually I am not as scholarly/intelligent as you people are so I apologize to be getting confused.
Even then my request stays there.

bro its better to ask and learn then to not ask and stay in confusion. No one here is more or less intelligent than you are. We all have different level of understandings just becuase of the difference of level fo islamic studies we have done. And also, it is Allah's will to guide whom He pleases so we all should ask Him to guide us the understanding of the deen and wisdom in it.

islamirama
06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Ibn Masood (r.a) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites the last two verses of Soorah Baqarah in a night, they will suffice him.

“The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allaah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. (They say,) ‘We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers’ — and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all).’

Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. ‘Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Mawlaa (Patron, Supporter and Protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving people”

[al-Baqarah 2:285-285]

skhalid
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM
  • Complete Sahih Bukhari
  • Complete Sahih Muslim
  • Partial Abu Dawud

jazakallah khair brother....:thumbs_up

islamirama
06-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Hadith: Cursing other's parents

Narrated Abdullah Bin Amr (Radi Allah Anhah)

Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."

(Sahih Bukhari Volume no. 8 Book no.73 Book of Good Manners Hadeeth no.5588)

format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
jazakallah khair brother....:thumbs_up
wa'iyyakum, there's Quran and hadith software also from islamasoft :)

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Khalid ibn al Wald (Radi Allahu Ta`ala anhu) narrated the following hadith:

A Bedouin came one day to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu `alahi wasallam) and
said to him,

`O, Messenger of Allah! I`ve come to ask you a few questions about the
affairs of this Life and the Hereafter.`

- `Ask what you wish` said Rasulullah (sallallahu `alahi wasallam).

Q: I`d like to be the most learned of men.

A: Fear Allah, and you will be the most learned of men.

Q: I wish to be the richest man in the world.

A: Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world.

Q: I`d like to be the most just man.

A: Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most
just of men.

Q: I want to be the best of men.

A: Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

Q: I wish to be the most favored by Allah.

A: Engage much in Allah`s praise, and you will be most favored by Him.

Q: I`d like to complete my faith.

A: If you have good manners you will complete your faith

Q: I wish to be among those who do good.

A: Adore Allah as if you see Him. If you don `t see Him, He seeth you. In
this way you will be among those who do good.

Q: I wish to be obedient to Allah.

A: If you observe Allah`s commands you will be obedient.

Q: I`d like to be free from all sins.

A: Bathe yourself from impurities and you will be free from all sins.

Q: I`d like to be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

A: Don`t wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the
Day of Judgement in the light.

Q: I`d like Allah to bestow His mercy on me.

A: If you have mercy on yourself and others, Allah will grant you mercy on
the Day of Judgement.

Q: I`d like my sins to be very few.

A: If you seek the forgiveness from Allah as much as you can, your sins will
be very few.

Q: I`d like to be the most honorable man.

A: If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most
honorable of men.

Q: I`d like to be the strongest of men.

A: If you put your trust in Allah, you will be the strongest of men.

Q: I`d like to enlarge my provision.

A: If you keep yourself pure, Allah will enlarge your provision.

Q: I`d like to be loved by Allah and His messenger.

A: If you love what Allah and His messenger love, you will be among their
beloved ones.

Q: I wish to be safe from Allah`s wrath on the Day of Judgement.

A: If you do not loose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you
will be safe from the wrath of Allah on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I`d like my prayers to be responded.

A: If you avoid forbidden actions, your prayers will he responded.

Q: I`d like Allah not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgement.

A: If you guard your chastity, Allah will not disgrace you on the Day of
Judgement.

Q: I`d like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of
Judgement.

A: Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and Allah will provide you
with a covering protection on the Day of Judgement.

Q: What will save me from sins?

A: Tears, humility and illness.

Q: What are the best deeds in the eyes of Allah?

A: Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

Q: What are the worst evils in the eyes of Allah?

A: Hot temper and miserliness.

Q: What assuages the wrath of Allah in this life and in the Hereafter?

A: Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

Q: What extinguishes hell`s fires on the Day of Judgement?

A: Patience in adversity and misfortunes.

Related by Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Rahmatullah Ta`ala `alaih)

More information at www.fisabilillah.org

skhalid
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Hadith: Cursing other's parents

Narrated Abdullah Bin Amr (Radi Allah Anhah)

(Sahih Bukhari Volume no. 8 Book no.73 Book of Good Manners Hadeeth no.5588)

wa'iyyakum, there's Quran and hadith software also from islamasoft :)
cheers 4 da update :coolious:

Gangster No.1
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
wot does 'chastity mean?

Jazaklah

islamirama
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
wot does 'chastity mean?

Jazaklah
The condition or quality of being pure or chaste
abstaining from sexual relations (as because of religious vows), virgin
morality with respect to sexual relations

islamirama
06-21-2007, 08:45 PM

Anas (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recited: (Qul Yaa ayyuhal-Kaaafiroon) it will be equal to a quarter of the Quran for him, and whoever recites (Qul huwallaahu Ahad) it will be equal to a third of the Quran for him.

Muaadh bin Anas (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites (Qul huwallaahu Ahad) ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.

Ubayy (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites (Qul huwallaahu Ahad), it is as if he has recited one third of the Quran.

(So recite surah Ihklas 3x and it will be as he recited all of the Quran)

islamirama
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Ibn Imraan (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites the Qur’an then let him ask from Allaah by it, for there will come a people who recite the Quran and will the ask from people by it.

Tameem ad-Daaree (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites (in prayer) with a hundred verses in a night, it will be written for him as devout obedience to Allaah for the night.

Abdullaah bin Masood (ra) reported that the Messenger (sas) said: Whoever recites one letter from the Book of Allaah then he will receive a good reward, and every good deed is rewarded with ten times its like. I do not say that Alif Laam Meem is one word but Alif is one word, Laam is one word and Meem is one word.

Abu Saeed (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever recites Sooratul-Kahf on the Day of Jumuah, light will be made to shine for him between the two Jumuahs (that Jumuah and the one following it).

islamirama
06-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Hadith: to remove the harm and relieve the distress and treat diseases as as sihr

Among the du’aa’s which have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to treat diseases such as sihr and other things is the ruqyah by means of which he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to treat his companions: “Allaahumma Rabb al-naas, adhhib il-ba’s, washfi anta al-Shaafi laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka shifaa’an laa yughaadir saqaman

(O Allaah, Lord of mankind, remove the harm and heal him, for You are the Healer and there is no healing except Your healing, with a healing which does not leave any disease behind).”

There is also the ruqyah by means of which Jibreel treated the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Bismillaah urqeeka min kulli shay’in yu’dheeka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw ‘aynin haasid Allaah yashfeek, bismillaah urqeek

(In the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you, from every thing that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye may Allaah heal you, in the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you).” This should be repeated three times.

shigatse
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM

asadxyz
06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Hadith: to remove the harm and relieve the distress and treat diseases as as sihr

Among the du’aa’s which have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to treat diseases such as sihr and other things is the ruqyah by means of which he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to treat his companions: “Allaahumma Rabb al-naas, adhhib il-ba’s, washfi anta al-Shaafi laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka shifaa’an laa yughaadir saqaman

(O Allaah, Lord of mankind, remove the harm and heal him, for You are the Healer and there is no healing except Your healing, with a healing which does not leave any disease behind).”

There is also the ruqyah by means of which Jibreel treated the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Bismillaah urqeeka min kulli shay’in yu’dheeka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw ‘aynin haasid Allaah yashfeek, bismillaah urqeek

(In the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you, from every thing that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye may Allaah heal you, in the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you).” This should be repeated three times.
Reference please

islamirama
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Reference please

www.islamqa.com

asadxyz
06-25-2007, 10:43 PM
It is showing only Home page.Please copy paste the URL of the page from where you picked it up.
Thanks

islamirama
06-26-2007, 12:50 AM
It is showing only Home page.Please copy paste the URL of the page from where you picked it up.
Thanks

yea i know, i gave u the site so you can look it up. Type in sihr and see what you get. here's just one link

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2662&ln=eng

islamirama
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Hadith: Keeping safe from evil

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever stops to rest and says, ‘A’oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah il-taammah min sharri ma khalaq(I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created),’ nothing will harm him until he moves on from that place.”

Say at the beginning of the day and the beginning of the night (three times): “Bismillaah alladhi laa yadurr ma’a ismihi shay’un fi’l-ardi wa laa fi’l-samaa’i wa huwa al-samee’ al-‘aleem (In the name of Allaah with Whose name nothing on earth or in heaven can cause harm, and He is the All-Hearing, All-Knowing).” According to saheeh reports, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) urged us to recite this, and this is a means of keeping safe from all evil.

islamirama
06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Hadith: 3's a company

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "When you are three persons sitting together, then no two of you should hold secret counsel excluding the third person until you are with some other people too, for that would grieve him."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 008, Book 074, Hadith Number 305. Narated By 'Abdullah

islamirama
06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Speak good

He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "Let he who truly believes in Allah and the Last Day speak good or be silent." [Saheeh al-Bukharee]

lieing in joking

Moreover, he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) has specifically cursed the person who lies to make people laugh, he said: "Woe be on one who speaks and lies in order to make people laugh, woe be on him." [Abu Dawood]

islamirama
07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
hadith: Forcing a woman into marriage

It was narrated from Khansa’ bint Khizaam al-Ansaariyyah that her father married her off when she had been previously married, and she did not like that. She went to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he annulled the marriage.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4845

And it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a virgin girl came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him that her father had married her off against her objections. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave her the choice.

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2096; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani

islamirama
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 1 :: Hadith 1

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

islamirama
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 1 :: Hadith 2

Narrated 'Aisha:
(the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).

islamirama
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 1 :: Hadith 3

Narrated 'Aisha:
(the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.

The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran):

'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."

islamirama
07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 1 :: Hadith 6

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:
Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them, "Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?" Abu Sufyan replied, "I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group)."

Heraclius said, "Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him." Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet. The first question he asked me about him was:

'What is his family status amongst you?'
I replied, 'He belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.'

Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him?'
I replied, 'No.'

He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?'
I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him?'
I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.'

He said, 'Are his followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?'
I replied, 'They are increasing.'

He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?'
I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?'
I replied, 'No. '

Heraclius said, 'Does he break his promises?'
I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it.' I could not find opportunity to say anything against him except that.

Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?'
I replied, 'Yes.'

Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?'
I replied, 'Sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.'
Heraclius said, 'What does he order you to do?'

I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.'
Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following, I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples. I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following the previous man's statement. Then I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom.

I further asked whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah. I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects. I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely. I asked you whether he had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray. Then I asked you what he ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship any thing along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he was going to appear but I did not know that he would be from you, and if I could reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.' Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle

which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows: "In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants). (And I recite to you Allah's Statement

'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64).

Abu Sufyan then added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it)."

The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews).

'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.'
While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.'

(After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet and the fact that he was a Prophet. On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).'

(On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience.

(When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).

islamirama
07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 8

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

islamirama
07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 9

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 10

Narrated Abu Musa:
Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

tearsofice21
07-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Wa 'alaikum assalam

Masha'Allah Jazakallahu khair for the site brother and the hadiths

islamirama
07-10-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tearsofice21
Wa 'alaikum assalam

Masha'Allah Jazakallahu khair for the site brother and the hadiths
wa'iayyakum, inshallah check out my other threads :)

Poetry Corner

Men Around The Messenger

Image Thread

islamirama
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 12

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

islamirama
07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Intentions & Actions

On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say :

"Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated."
related by Bukhari and Muslim

islamirama
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Friday

Salman Al-Farisi (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If a man takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself thoroughly, uses oil and perfume which is available in the house, sets forth for the mosque, does not (forcibly) sit between two persons, offers the prayer that is prescribed for him and listens to the Imam silently, his sins between this Friday and the previous Friday will be forgiven.''
[Al-Bukhari]

islamirama
08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Adam’s Height

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA):
The Prophet (SAW) said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.

(Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

Yanal
08-24-2007, 01:19 AM

Nice i had that downloaded from a long time and i think their is already a hadtih online thread just can't remember i needed help with online hadith where were you then*jokes* very nice link i downloaded it before you posted it i think or before i read this sorry for going off topic wa salam

islamirama
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Nice i had that downloaded from a long time and i think their is already a hadtih online thread just can't remember i needed help with online hadith where were you then*jokes* very nice link i downloaded it before you posted it i think or before i read this sorry for going off topic wa salam

There was no other hadith thread, i created this one long ago and just hadn't posted in a while. didn't think anyone reading it. Anyways, you can always PM and ask for if you need help with any info bro :)

islamirama
08-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Greeting of the Offspring of Adam (AS)

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): The Prophet (SAW) said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation

(Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

islamirama
08-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Women Changing clothes outside of house

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin AbulMalih said: Some women of Syria came to Aisha. She asked them: From whom are you? They replied: From the people of Syria. She said: Perhaps you belong to the place where women enter hot baths (for washing ). The said: Yes. She said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: If a woman puts off her clothes in a place other than her house, she tears the veil between her and Allah, the Exalted.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: After some time the lands of the non-Arabs will be conquered for you, and there you will find houses called hammamat (hot baths). so men should not enter them (to wash) except in lower garments, and forbid the women to enter them except a sick or one who is in a child-bed.

Both the ahadith are in Abu Dawood.

Khayal
09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
:arabic6:
Prophet (saw) said Ameen thrice when Jibreel come and said..

Kaab Ibn Ujrah (RA) relates that Rasulullah (SAW) said Come near to the mimbar and we came near the mimbar. When He (SAW) climbed the first step of the mimbar, He (SAW) said "Aameen", When He (SAW) ascended the second step, He (SAW) said "Aameen", When He (SAW) climbed the third step, He (SAW) said "Aameen" When He (SAW) came down, We said "O Rasool of Allah (SAW), we have heard from you today something which we never heard before" He (SAW) said When I climbed the first step, the angel Jibraeel (A.S.) appeared before me and said

"Destruction to him who found the blessed month of Ramdhan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness"

upon that I said 'Aameen'. When I climbed the second step, he said,

"Destruction to him before whom thy name is taken and then he does not make Dua for Allah's blessing on me (by saying, for example SAW)."

I replied 'Aameen'. When I climbed the third step, he said

"Destruction unto him in whose lifetime his parents or either one of them reaches old age, and (through failure to serve them) he is not allowed to enter Jannah".

I said 'Aameen'. (Hakim, Baihaqi)
Note In this Hadith, it appears that Jibraeel (AS) gave expression to three curses, upon which Rasulullah (SAW) said Aameen every time. In al-Durr al-Mansoor it is reported that Jibraeel (AS) advised Rasulullah (SAW) to say Aameen. Being an angel of such high mark, Jibraeel 's giving these curses is sure to be accepted. May Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) in His infinite mercy grant us His help and save us from these three dangers.

Source.

:wasalamex

islamirama
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Punishment for not paying zakat

Abu Huraira reported
Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) as saying:
If any owner of gold or silver does not pay what is due on him, when the Day of Resurrection would come, plates of fire would be beaten out for him; these would then be heated in the fire of Hell and his sides, his forehead and his back would be cauterized with them. Whenever these cool down, (the process is) repeated during a day the extent of which would be fifty thousand years, until judgment is pronounced among servants, and he sees whether his path is to take him to Paradise or to Hell.

It was said: Messenger of Allah, what about the camel? He (the Holy Prophet) said: If any owner of the camel does not pay what is due on him, and of his due in that (camel) is (also) to milk it on the day when it comes down to water. When the Day of Resurrection comes a soft sandy plain would be set for him, as extensive as possible, (he will find) that not a single young one is missing, and they will trample him with their hoofs and bite him with their mouths. As often as the first of them passes him, the last of them would be made to return during a day the extent of which would be fifty thousand years, until judgment is pronounced among servants and he sees whether his path is to take him to Paradise or to Hell.

It was (again) said: Messenger of Allah, what about cows (cattle) and sheep? He said: It any owner of the cattle and sheep does not pay what is due on them, when the Day of Resurrection comes a soft sandy plain would be spread for them, he will find none of them missing, with twisted horns, without horns or with a broken horn, and they will gore him with their horns and trample him with their hoofs. As often as the first of them passes him the last of them would be made to return to him during a day the extent of which would be fifty thousand years, until judgment would be pronounced among the servants. And he would be shown his path-path leading him to Paradise or to Hell.

It was said: Messenger of Allah, what about the horse? Upon this he said: The horses are of three types. To one than (these are) a burden, and to another man (these are) a covering, and still to another man (these are) a source of reward. The one for whom these are a burden is the person who rears them in order to show off, for vainglory and for opposing the Muslims; so they are a burden for him. The one for whom these are a covering is the person who rears them for the sake of Allah but does not forget the right of Allah concerning their backs and their necks, and so they are a covering for him. As for those which bring reward (these refer to) the person who rears them for the sake of Allah to be used for Muslims and he puts them in meadow and field. And whatever thing do these eat from that meadow and field would be recorded on his behalf as good deeds, as would also the amount of their dung and urine. And these would not break their halter and prance a course or two without having got recorded the amount of their hoof marks and their dung as a good deed on his behalf (on behalf of their owner). And their master does not bring them past a river from which they drink, though he did not intend to quench their thirst, but Allah would record for him the amount of what they drink on his behalf as deeds.

It was said: Messenger of Allah, what about the asses?, Upon this he said: Nothing has been revealed to me in regard to the asses (in particular) except this one verse of a comprehensive nature:" He who does an atom's weight of good will see it, and he who does an atom's weight of evil will see it" (xcix. 7)

Sahih Muslim, Book 005, Number 2161

Intisar
10-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Chapter 22
Giving Counsel

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion)". (49:10)

"(Nuh said) I give sincere advice to you". (7:62)

"(And Hud said) And I am a trustworthy adviser (or well-wisher) for you". (7:68)

181. Tamim bin Aus Ad-Dari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Ad-Deen is sincerity". We said: "For whom?'' He replied, "For Allah, His Book, His Messenger and for the leaders of the Muslims and their masses".
[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith stresses the importance and merits of general sincerity. Sincerity for Allah here means that one must have true faith in Him and He should be worshipped with full devotion and sincerity. Sincerity for the Qur'an means that one should confirm its truth with one's full heart and mind, recite it regularly, act upon the injunctions contained in it with meticulous care and strictly avoid its misinterpretation. Sincerity of the Prophet (PBUH) means sincere confirmation of his Prophethood, faithful obedience of his orders and adherence to his Sunnah. The goodwill of the Muslim rulers stands here for co-operating with them in their lawful orders and obedience of their such orders which are free from any trace of sin. If they deviate from the Straight Path they should be persuaded to turn to virtue. One should not revolt against them unless they commit infidelity. The goodwill of the Muslim masses means that one should work for the betterment of their life in this world and the Hereafter. They should be provided the right guidance, induced to perform good deeds and deterred from evils.

182. Jarir bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I made my covenant with Messenger of Allah (PBUH) on the observance of Salat, payment of Zakat, and giving counsel to Muslim.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith emphasizes the importance of goodwill to all the Muslims to the extent that the Prophet (PBUH) would require his Companions to vow for their goodwill giving counsel to each other in the same way as he did in the case of most important obligations like Salat and Zakat.

183. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "No one of you becomes a true believer until he likes for his brother what he likes for himself".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: We learn from this Hadith about the importance and virtue of mutual love among the Muslims. If we act upon the injunctions mentioned in this Hadith, the Muslim societies will be immediately purged of the evils like exploitation, bribery, dishonesty, falsehood, cheating, forgery, etc., which are rampant in them at present. Islam has taught golden principles to its followers who have unfortunately neglected them and in consequence are leading a life of utter disgrace and moral turpitude. May Allah guide them to the Straight Path.

Adiva
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
jazzakhalla bro..very useful..started reading it from the beginning..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.