/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqabbi teachers?!

Serene
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Asslamu Alikum,

I hope this finds you all in good health and Iman inshaa Allah. I did not know what to choose exactly as a title for my thread for I wanted to ask all sorts of questions about having or working or knowing nigabbi teachers or rather instructors at Univ, both actually

So let's see:

Do you mind having a niqabbi teacher or instructor? if yes, why?

Have you ever had a niqabbi teacher/ instructor?

If yes, how was it like? Were you affected in any way?

Was Niqaab a hidrance in any way to your understanding or communication with the teacher?

Do you think that covering one's face should entitle no-public- communication jobs?

To what extent does facial expression contribute to how much we affect others?

That is all I can think of now. Plz try to answer as many questions as you can, knowing that your opinions and experiences matter a lot, very much more than imagine. Also, it will be extremely helpful if you specify cultural background.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon ishaa Allah

Jazakum Allah khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuko
08-08-2005, 09:14 PM

>Yes, I have...

>She was an EXCELLENT teacher, who went from being completely unislamic to a wonderful and pious muslimah... Masha'allah...

Was Niqaab a hidrance in any way to your understanding or communication with the teacher?

>Nope, not at all... I actually liked it, because of her, I want to wear niqab now... Something about her made her look 100x more beautiful than all other women, and that's saying something...

Do you think that covering one's face should entitle no-public- communication jobs?

>As in, if someone wears niqab, she should stay away from jobs that involve one-on-one communication? Of course not!

>Not much really, because when she smiles, you can see her eyes get smaller... But I don't think that's the right answer :-[ ... When she taught my class, we had no problems... She'd come in, teach and leave and all was good...

Salaam

Zuko
08-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh and I was born and raised in America, but my parents are from Pakistan... Although I can just barely speak the language...

Salaam

*!~Faith~!*
08-09-2005, 01:35 AM

No I didn't

Yes

I have and it was awesome :) It affected me to become a better muslim. Nothing negative

No it wasn't

Not sure about that.

It was ok. You could still tell her expression from her voice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serene
08-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Asslamu Alikum all,

Jazakum Allahu khayran. I am still waiting for more of your replies and opinions regarding the subject

BlissfullyJaded
08-09-2005, 04:30 AM
:sl:

I never had a teacher who wore niqaab, cuz none of my teachers have ever been Muslim. :)

If any did wear niqaab, I would have liked it, and it would have helped me actually. Cuz its hard to wear it around high school, and everybody thinks I'm going through an extreme phase. But when there is a teacher also wearing it, and you know her views are normal, others in the school would react better. Thats what somebody else told me anyway...

And I think the voice and hand gestures make up for lack of facial expressions. *unsure*

Sorry if I'm of no help... :zip:

Serene
08-09-2005, 05:02 AM
Of course you are helping. Every thing you contribute here is of great help and value. May Allah bless you all. Keep replies coming please
Asslamu Alikum

Muezzin
08-14-2005, 08:12 PM
I've never had a niqaabi teacher. Probably just as well, since I would honestly probably end up getting kicked out of class for making ninja sounds.

Abu Zakariya
08-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Just a reminder - it's a serious thing making fun of aspects of islam.

EnemyOfTheState
08-15-2005, 01:31 AM
asalamwaalaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatahu,
i make dua that all are well, alhumdulillah i found the subject of ineterst and therefore am replying, hmmm i love the niqaab and see it as a symbol of piety and modesty, yet sister to be honest i do not feel it is appropritae to wear one whilst teaching. firstly as a muslimah you will either be teaching young children or female students so why wear a niqaab?
secondly, i feel that facial expressions are a deep reflection regarding an individuals speech, and i do believe that in certain jobs where one is required to communicate with people, it is not advisable. better to have a job were communcation is limited so you can wear your niqaab and be left to do your thing, but the quality of teaching and the awkwerd sittuations which may arise due to it may be able to be avoided.
an alternative could be to wear it around the school and to and from the school but not whilst tecahing?
we have to remember the 2 sisters who had no problem with a niqaabi teacher were muslim girls, you have to think would non muslim girls be so easily acceptive, i dont think so.i personelly see it as unecessery, AllahuAlim
i am only trying to be honest in my reply, i hope brothers and sisters dont start gunning me for my feelings.
may Allah give you the strength and wisdom to make the best decision...ameen

Serene
08-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Allahum Ameen,

You will npt be gunned for your honesty, your reply is most appreciated, that is why we started that thread in the first place to see a variety of resposnes and not merely one line of thought. May Allah give us all huda and guide us to do the things that pleases HIM most, Ameen.

Jazakum Allahu khayran

Asslamu alikum

lamya
08-15-2005, 01:42 PM
I wear a niqaab and when i went in a school for some work experience,(I taught year3),I took my niqaab off while I sat with the kids and taught them.However, i wore my niqaab while going to the school.

Muezzin
08-15-2005, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
If that reminder was for me, I apologise for any offence caused. I meant for myself to look the fool in the post, and did not mean to ridicule the niqaab.

Abu Zakariya
08-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Muezzin - It was a general advice that i wanted to post after I saw your post, but I have to say, I was expecting to, if you reacted, get a negative reaction because that's the norm nowadays when someone gives a naseeha, but it's really refreshing to se someone that actually appreciate's it and doesn't get angry, masha'Allah. Jazzak Allah kheyr dear brother.

I was recently at a lecture and the muderis talked about joking about islam and refering to niqabis as ninjas, so that's why I felt that I should say something.

TEH
08-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Does that include if the Niqaabi doesnt mind being called it???

:)

Abdullah Mahmud
08-21-2005, 08:27 PM
:sl: I think i agree with the bro to some extent. i have never been thought by or had an instructor who wears niqaab. But one time i stumbled across a discussion by some brothers on something similar to this. they were saying that for a sis to wear niiqaab when its not compulsory makes them feel that the sis is hiding something, more so if she is not married. They said how can you know if she is the kind of sis you would want to marry.But to those that feel comfortable wearing it especially if there are married and really beautiful and at the same time fitnah is feared, i will encourage them to wear it. May Allah guide us and forgive us for our mistakes. Amin

TEH
08-22-2005, 12:17 AM
erm, if you think she maybe, for use of better words, ugly, then you just look at her face, before you make your decision, but surely a woman who wears niqaab, has enough in her to wear niqaab, is worth alot...

Serene
08-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Asslamu Alikum,

No comment

Serene
08-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Asslamu Alikum,

[/ for a sis to wear niiqaab when its not compulsory makes them feel that the sis is hiding something, more so if she is not married. They said how can you know if she is the kind of sis you would want to marry.QUOTE]

Well, what do you all think of that?

Muezzin
08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Serene]
format_quote Originally Posted by Serene
Asslamu Alikum,
[/ for a sis to wear niiqaab when its not compulsory makes them feel that the sis is hiding something, more so if she is not married. They said how can you know if she is the kind of sis you would want to marry.QUOTE]

No comment
No comment :p

Seriously, I think you need to say a little more than that sister, otherwise no one will know your views :confused:

Halima
08-22-2005, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
No comment :p

Seriously, I think you need to say a little more than that sister, otherwise no one will know your views :confused:

It is a matter of understanding not who about who knows it or not :p

Muezzin
08-22-2005, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
It is a matter of understanding not who about who knows it or not :p
It's a matter of understanding all right. And I didn't understand what the heck you just said.

'who about who knows' EH?!

minaz
08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
yes i'm also confuzzled

TEH
08-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Anyway, you doofuses, you dont read between the lines do you...

:p

Concerning what serene said, I think the quote she mentioned, is really really shallow...

sena
08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Niqabbi and hijab, is the same thing?

Zuko
08-23-2005, 02:10 PM
no... hijab is when you cover your hair.. and niqab is when you cover your face....

sena
08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serene
Asslamu Alikum,

No, I haven't

sena
08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet_sorrow
no... hijab is when you cover your hair.. and niqab is when you cover your face....
Thanks..

Serene
08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Asslamu Alikum,

Please, let's not divert our attention from the main issue here, that is, niqabbi teachers. I do not wish to see too many unimportant posts abut who says what to whom and for what purpose. please, let's concentrate on the main subject. Be heedful of what reasons you are here for and what you intend from it all

Jazakum Allahu khayran

minaz
08-23-2005, 07:28 PM
True, your thread so you dictate it

Serene
08-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Asslamu Alikum,

Well, it is not that it is my thread and I have the right to dictate anything. It is the fact that we, as muslims, should refrain from idle talk and know that shaytan has its means of making us waste our effort, time and even mar whatever good intention that we have to benefit ourselves and those around. I mean no offence for anyone. May Allah guide us all to what HE likes and pleases.

Jazakum Allahu khayran

Muezzin
08-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Indeed. But seriously, posting 'no comment' after quoting about three posts just wastes space sis :p

:w:

ahm
08-26-2005, 08:34 AM

My opinion. Niqab wearers in London ain't all that. Some don't understand what it's about others are like those hijabis in tight clothes. And someone can wear a niqab and still have an attitude problem LOL

If a sister is teaching other muslim women and children, she doesn't even have to wear hijab. So wearing niqab would be extremism.

TEH
08-26-2005, 09:44 AM
My mum is a Niqaab wearer in London, and guess what mate, she is all that...

So do you think wearing Niqaab is extreme???

ahm
08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
I mean like how hijab doesn't mean much about a persons piety, it's now similar for niqab. I'm sure there are sisters who wear niqab and hijab with good intentions.

Yes niqab is extreme when worn infront of those you don't have to. What's also extreme is some brothers wanting their wives to wear niqab at home LOL If it's like that the brothers should really move out of their parent's place.

TEH
08-26-2005, 01:28 PM
:confused:

ok fine, the wearing at home thing is just whacked. But, yeah, if her husbands brothers are there, then she has to wear hijaab in front of them...

Muezzin
08-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I almost got run over by a niqaabi today! :p

Seriously, I don't think one should drive if one's vision is obscured in any way, by anything.

TEH
08-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I agree, but dude, my mums a good driver...

niqaabii
09-21-2005, 02:18 PM
i have neva had a niqaabi teacher before however, i , myself am a teacher
even teaching in a primary school, its not easy to teach because there r still guys around eg teachers and parents...so u need to watch out all the time
also its difficult to communicate wid the parents

Ameeratul Layl
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya

MashAllah, such a lovely baby. Is it yours?

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.