/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ummul Quraa' Arabic Program.

amirah_87
05-12-2007, 01:36 PM
:arabic6:

For those of you who might be interested:

The Umm Al-Qura University has embarked on a project to make Arabic language learning easy for non-Arabs living in the Kingdom and elsewhere in the world.

The Makkah-based university, one of the oldest in the Kingdom, will develop an electronic program to facilitate learning of Arabic through the Internet and distance education system.

“We have decided to launch this project titled the Makkah Program to Teach Arabic Language to nonnative speakers considering the growing demand to learn Arabic worldwide,” said Dr. Ali Al-Harithy, head of the Institute of Arabic Language for Nonnative Speakers.

Under the new project, students will have to attend a four-semester program with 120 credit hours. “This program will be available not only for the institute’s students but also for others who can access to the institute’s website on the Internet,” he said. The website will also show live classrooms from the institute.

“Students in different countries will be able to follow lessons of this program through the Internet,” he said. Students in foreign countries, however, have to visit the Kingdom to attend a single semester to obtain additional skills.

Students attending the program will have to sit an exam in order to receive certificates. “The new system will increase the number of beneficiaries and save a lot of time and energy,” Al-Harithy said.

The examination, named Makkah Test, will be similar to Tofel for English, he said, adding it would help the university understand how successful were students to learn the language through the program. The institute, which was established in 1976, receives about 100 students from foreign countries annually under a scholarship program.
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
05-12-2007, 01:41 PM
:salamext:

Kl I'll look forward to this.

Sis you have any idea on when it is going to start?

jzcasejz
05-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice! JazakAllaah Khayr for posting. :thumbs_up

:w:

^^ n btw...kool sig 'n' avy u got there Bro (H)

amirah_87
05-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

No sorry, I've been looking around. And haven't found out any other information about it yet.

You could try Phoning or Mailing them at:

The Institute of Arabic Language,

Umm Al-Qura University, P.O Box (3712), Makkah.

Telephone: 55652525 ; Fax: (02) 5562525

- Sounds really interesting though MashaAllah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Abu Abdis Salam goes there I think, deep place apparrently!

This would be interesting.

amirah_87
05-12-2007, 02:04 PM
:sl:

Wa Iyyakum.

Brother Al-Habeshi, Who's Abu Abdis Salaam?

Umar001
05-12-2007, 02:07 PM
The Brother who done the explanation of Imam Nawawi's 40 hadith in my sig and also done sharh Usool Ath Talaatha and done another course last summer minhaj as salikeen or something and will done muammalat this summer. He is a student there I think. And him and some bro own a shop here that a group of us brothers go to.

amirah_87
05-12-2007, 02:11 PM

Oh, MashaAllah. Perhaps you may be able to ask him for us when the course starts? no? :-[

Umar001
05-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Well he dont know me. Lol, I know him through the videos never seen him before, but he'll be ther ein the summer I think, insha'Alllah, if I see him and I get the courage And I finish asking him about other things I will try to remember to ask.

amirah_87
05-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Loq, Ok then. JazaakAllah khayr. :)

Al-Hanbali

I dont think Abu Abdissalaam studies at Umm-ul-Qura. There is another Uni in Makkah. I think he studies there.

ummAbdillah
it sound really interesting,
jazakillah khayr for sharing
w/salaam

Umar001
05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
For real? My bad.

abu abdurrahman
05-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Im pretty sure Abu Abdis-Salaam studied in Dar Al-Hadith in Makkah.

He has Ijazah's in the six main books of hadith compilers too i think

Umar001
05-13-2007, 10:01 PM
That's the one I think, sorry my bad, but he is a nice person, well from his lectures he seems like a nice person I so wanna meet him.

zircon
05-14-2007, 12:14 AM
great! but need more info :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.