/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding animals...

England
05-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Ok so God will punish non muslims for not following the teachings of Islam as you say. What happens to animals such as my cat, dog, dolphins whom are very intelligent species, apes from which we are related to? They don't follow Islam and I don't think they believe in God therefore they are non muslims too. Will they be sent to hell by God? :eek: Afterall God gave them lives too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey.

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said:

“As for the animals, they will all be gathered by Allaah, as is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered’

[al-An’aam 6:38]

‘And when the wild beasts are gathered together’

[al-Takweer 81:5]

And among His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and whatever moving (living) creatures He has dispersed in them both. And He is All-Potent over their assembling (i.e. resurrecting them on the Day of Resurrection after their death, and dispersion of their bodies) whenever He wills'

[al-Shoora 42:29]

The word idha (translated here as when or whenever) refers to something that will inevitably come to pass. And there are many well known ahaadeeth on this topic. On the Day of Resurrection Allaah will gather the animals, and the scores among them will be settled. Then it will be said to them,“Be dust!” and they will become dust. At that point the disbeliever will say, “Would that I were dust!” (al-Naba’ 72:40 – interpretation of the meaning). Whoever says that they will not be brought back to life is making a serious mistake, indeed he is misguided or is a disbeliever. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/248

Ahmad (20534) narrated from Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sitting, and two sheep locked horns, and one of them butted the other and defeated it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled, and it was said to him, “Why are you smiling, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Because of the sheep. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it will settle its score with the other on the Day of Resurrection.”

Ahmad Shaakir said, its isnaad is hasan and unbroken.

Muslim (2582) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All rights will be restored on the Day of Resurrection, until even the hornless sheep will settle its score with the one that has horns.”

Al-Nawawi said:

This clearly indicates that the animals will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection, and that they will be brought back to life like human beings who are accountable, and like children and the insane and those who were not reached by the call of Islam. This is what is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the wild beasts are gathered together”

[al-Takweer 81:5]

.:Umniyah:.
05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Ok so God will punish non muslims for not following the teachings of Islam as you say. What happens to animals such as my cat, dog, dolphins whom are very intelligent species, apes from which we are related to? They don't follow Islam and I don't think they believe in God therefore they are non muslims too. Will they be sent to hell by God? :eek: Afterall God gave them lives too.
I am not related to apes. We came from a man not apes. Adam عليه السلام was a man not an ape. But prehaps im misunderstanding what people mean when they say that. I take it as meaning we evolved from apes, or we were onece apes, then cave men (since they were said to look as apes) and then the humans we look like today. Is this correct?:confused:

- Qatada -
05-12-2007, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .:Umniyah:.
I am not related to apes. We came from a man not apes. Adam عليه السلام was a man not an ape. But prehaps im misunderstanding what people mean when they say that. I take it as meaning we evolved from apes, or we were onece apes, then cave men (since they were said to look as apes) and then the humans we look like today. Is this correct?:confused:

They claim that but they have no proof alhamdulillah, its all based on faith as they themself say. All them diagrams and pictures they make aren't based on proof or evidence with true fossils or anything like that:

The Propaganda Method Of Evolutionists

The absence of fossils to support the theory of evolution causes evolutionists to resort to window-dressing. They draw totally imaginary creatures that have never existed and use these illustrations as a propaganda tool. There is no fossil record indicating that the half-man half-ape creatures in these drawings ever existed. These drawings are intended to mislead people who have limited knowledge on the subject.

We have divine revelation so we're proud that we're special in the sight of Allaah and not basically animals, because when they say we're mere animals - all they simply want to do is make us seem cheap so people don't fear to eradicate others - because their claim of 'survival of the fittest' will be a good excuse for them.

Here's a good refutation from Allaah:

Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?

Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.

[Qur'an Tur 52: 35-6]

We're created for a much greater purpose, and that is to submit to our Creator and Sustainer, the Most Merciful - and He is Most Appreciative of that.

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allâh), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe." [Qur'an 14: 7]

Anyway we won't stray off the topic now insha Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
05-12-2007, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
They claim that but they have no proof alhamdulillah, its all based on faith as they themself say. All them diagrams and pictures they make aren't based on proof or evidence with true fossils or anything like that:

The Propaganda Method Of Evolutionists

The absence of fossils to support the theory of evolution causes evolutionists to resort to window-dressing. They draw totally imaginary creatures that have never existed and use these illustrations as a propaganda tool. There is no fossil record indicating that the half-man half-ape creatures in these drawings ever existed. These drawings are intended to mislead people who have limited knowledge on the subject.

We have divine revelation so we're proud that we're special in the sight of Allaah and not basically animals, because when they say we're mere animals - all they simply want to do is make us seem cheap so people don't fear to eradicate others - because their claim of 'survival of the fittest' will be a good excuse for them.

We're created for a much greater purpose, and that is to submit to our Creator and Sustainer, the Most Merciful - and He is Most Appreciative of that.

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allâh), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe." [Qur'an 14: 7]

Anyway we won't stray off the topic now insha Allaah.
Wow, MashaaAllah BarakAllahu feeki bro. I always thought something along those lines but i never looked much into it. But then you know alot of humans act like animals anyway, so i guess its sufficent for them to think they came from one innit?:playing:

Anyways , back to topic...

Zman
05-13-2007, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Ok so God will punish non muslims for not following the teachings of Islam as you say. What happens to animals such as my cat, dog, dolphins whom are very intelligent species,...They don't follow Islam and I don't think they believe in God therefore they are non muslims too...

Muslims are taught that all of Allah's (SWT) creation (with the exception of humans and Jinn), ARE NOT born with free will. Therefore, they are born as Muslims and believers of Allah (SWT), and worship Him alone.Whether they be animals, plants, rocks, etc.

As for humans, all men/women are born as Muslims, then they are influenced by their parents into the religion they practice (if the parents aren't already Muslim). Then they freely choose to remain in their respective religion, practice or avoid practicing it, or freely choose to seek another faith.

I'm not too sure if the above also applies to the Jinn. But, they are also divided into believers (Muslims) and non-believers...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Sorry I'm not derived from an ape, thank you.

DAWUD_adnan
05-13-2007, 01:20 AM
‘There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered’

SubhanAllah, Allah answered it already( your question already), there are no faults...

05-13-2007, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Sorry I'm not derived from an ape, thank you.
:giggling::giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.