/* */

PDA

View Full Version : seen a dog get hit by a car

normansti
05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Yesterday night I left my house to take a video to blockbuster and on my way I was driving in the left lane(4 lane road, 50mph speed limit) about 50mph and all of a sudden a dog jumps from the median in front of my car and I turned as hard as I could and almost lost control and just missed the dog, it was so close I thought I hit him. So I go in the turnaround and now going back the other way to go to blockbuster and the dog is there again trying to cross back to the other side so I slow down pretty hard and the suv next to me went right by me(he was in the left lane) and SMACK! I pulled over and went to see the dog and he was still breathing another driver stopped also and had called the police. The police took about 40 minutes to show up and I sat next to the dog waiting and watched him take his or her last breaths. It was soo sad. I knew the dog was gonna die for sure I just wish he died quicker. I cant stop thinking about it. I wish I didnt see it. I didnt go to blockbuster, I went back home. I keep thinking maybe the dog saved my life? Maybe somthing would have happened to me if I continued to blockbuster? Is that possible?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
normansti
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
it looked like a german shepard.

England
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
You'll never know :nervous: God works in mysterious ways. :happy:

iqbal_soofi
05-12-2007, 11:13 PM
It's better to reduce your speed if possible when you suddenly see any animal especially a dog trying to cross the road. Don't try to turn the car. It could be very dangerous if the dog or any animal hits the car while you're turning the wheel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-12-2007, 11:17 PM
:salamext:

Allaah knows best.. sometimes things like this in destiny can be signs from Allaah right? to stop you from doing certain things? Only Allaah knows - there may have been a worser situation if you were to be there, so Allaah made this situation happen in order for the other thing not to occur?

Some scholars say that your destiny can change by many different things; prayers to Allaah, good deeds, bad deeds etc.

Theres a story of a man who was poor, so someone decided to go to the persons house to give them charity that day. It turns out that on this exact day - the man who was poor had an unlawful party going on in his house, as the person with charity approached the house - they realised many evils [maybe like music etc.] being played in the house - so he thought to himself, should i really help someone who is already doing alot of sin? Maybe this person would use this money for sinful purposes? So he turned away and never gave the person the money.

This is an example of how sins can change a persons destiny in a negative way. And there are also other things. I'll give you a link insha Allaah on how dua' [supplication to Allah] and good deeds can change ones destiny:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...p-destiny.html

I'm sorry i havn't been able to give you a proper answer related to the dog. But i hope that benefitted insha Allaah.

England
05-12-2007, 11:23 PM
lol listening to music? Nah I don't believe that. I listen to music every single solitary day and still this sort of thing has happened to me. I have been guided onto the right path by, in my opinion, God. I asked God for something not so long ago and something happened last Sunday and I truly believe my request had been answered. It's happened so many times. If you ask God for help He will respond. He always does and He always has with me, despite me being non-muslim.

- Qatada -
05-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah that's true :) God does answer the prayers of His servants, He even provides for them throughout their life even if they disbelieve in Him. He even rewards them for the good they do in this life, even if they reject Him. That's how Merciful He is, and even more than that.

We will all return to Him and He will only reward the ones who believed in His Promise and Messengers' since these people were thankful to Him by obeying Him, whereas those who never really obeyed Him - then they won't be rewarded since they took God's Message and Messengers' as a game, they said that God lied and never really sent a message - so they will be punished for their disbelief in the Meeting with the One who created them when they were nothing.

Yet still God gives a long enough life to the people to return back to Him and submit, that's one of the reasons why we sometimes have hardships in life - so we return back to Him since we are in need of Him in every heart beat. A sinning muslim who listens to music is better than someone who totally rejects God's message, so even if you were to accept God and His Messengers' - your reward would be with Him, even if you continued listening to music. Since the only sin God doesn't forgive is that partners should be associated with Him, and to reject Him and His message and say that it is a lie.

Peace.

England
05-12-2007, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Yeah that's true :) God does answer the prayers of His servants, He even provides for them throughout their life even if they disbelieve in Him. He even rewards them for the good they do in this life, even if they reject Him. That's how Merciful He is, and even more than that.

We will all return to Him and He will only reward the ones who believed in His Promise and Messengers' since these people were thankful to Him by obeying Him, whereas those who never really obeyed Him - then they won't be rewarded since they took God's Message and Messengers' as a game, they said that God lied and never really sent a message - so they will be punished for their disbelief in the Meeting with the One who created them when they were nothing.

Yet still God gives a long enough life to the people to return back to Him and submit, that's one of the reasons why we sometimes have hardships in life - so we return back to Him since we are in need of Him in every heart beat. A sinning muslim who listens to music is better than someone who totally rejects God's message, so even if you were to accept God and His Messengers' - your reward would be with Him, even if you continued listening to music. Since the only sin God doesn't forgive is that partners should be associated with Him, and to reject Him and His message and say that it is a lie.

Peace.
According to Islam.

I'm not muslim therefore this doesn't mean anything to me. My beliefs are totally different to yours and I believe we are looked at by God as equal regardless of religion. Only the bad ones, ie. terrorists, paedophiles and murderers etc will be refused entry.

I don't reject God. I reject your belief.

- Qatada -
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Who really distinguishes between the good and bad in your religion? :)

iqbal_soofi
05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Who really distinguishes between the good and bad in your religion? :)
There is no need for complicated philosophy to find out what is good or what is bad. Any act done with kindness and care is good. Any act done with anger hate or for revenge is bad. We take the support of religion to justify our bad acts as good, or to prove others good acts as bad.

- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
There is no need for complicated philosophy to find out what is good or what is bad. Any act done with kindness and care is good. Any act done with anger hate or for revenge is bad. We take the support of religion to justify our bad acts as good, or to prove others good acts as bad.

:salamext:

I agree, i just asked that question to explain that Divine revelation from God is required to truelly distinguish between good and bad.

Pk_#2
05-13-2007, 01:40 PM
That's really sad about the dog :'(

:(

"But if they strive to make you join in worship with Me things of which you have no knowledge, obey them not. Yet bear them company in this life with justice and consideration and follow the way of those who turn to Me. In the end, the return of you all is to Me and I shall tell you (the truth and meaning of) all that you used to do." (Surah Luqman, 31: 14-15).

AslamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.

Muezzin
05-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Quite remarkable how one person's sorrowful story of a dying dog became a theological debate, eh? :p

But what happened to the dog is very sad.

nocturne
05-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Assalam,

you shouldnt have endangered your life and others on the road by pulling off a stunt like that. Just try to brake as hard as you can, at the worst you kill a dog.

AmarFaisal
05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Assalamoalaikum,
This just reminded me of a cat I saw being run by a car. I saw this cat first at my mother's door step. She was so beautiful, black n furry. I am sure it was a domesticated cat as it followed me down the stairs n kept mewing at my feet. Then I called my mom n told her to bring some milk for her n my mom said sure. But the cat was right at my feet and I didn't want to leave the building as it might follow me out.
But as my daughter, Amna was with me, I had to go to my car, when I did the cat followed me out n went n sat in the middle of the road. Before I could even move, a speeding car came n ran over it. My first reaction was, WHERE IS AMNA?...I saw the cat jumping in a weird way, there was blood, I screamed n took Amna in my arms n hugged her hard n cried. My husband later told me that her eyes had popped out of her head n her brain was.....Can't say !

I called my mom quickly to tell her not to come down or see might see the cat but it was too late. She saw the cat too n couldn't eat properly for two days. Me, I was terrified,, I just felt like somehow my daughter was saved, though she was safely in the car , but mayb becoz I am a mother, I couldn't help seperating my feelings from both.

Ghira
05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
My question is why did this stupid dog keep on crossing the road...Did he want to committ suicide or something.

Chiteng
05-14-2007, 02:34 AM
I was driving home comming upon a light, and I spotted a chihuahua
standing in the road. I didnt realzie until I got closer what I was seeing.

He was sniffing somethinhg on the road, it looked like road kill.
In a way, it was.

It was his left rear leg. Lying detached on the road.
something had struck him so hard, it severed his leg.

There was alot of attendent gore but I didnt have time to take it all in.

He was wearing a collar. He looked up as he saw me comming and
he got that horrible guilty dog look on his face.
He got up on his remaining three legs and hobbled off the road to the curb.

He looked at me as if to say 'I am so sorry, I didnt mean to get in the way.
I am sorry I had to be punished. Please forgive me human. I wont do it again'

And in this case, the animal god is just a helpless human.
Who could do nothing except look appalled.

I hope to hell god notices these events. I hope there will be SOMETHING
that justifies such a horrible event.

A small dog like that isnt a feral animal. He is someones pet.
Someone that let him outside, to die horribly.

God help us all.

AmarFaisal
05-14-2007, 07:00 AM
where humans r being killed/slaughtered everyday like animals, how many would u find caring abt animals?

Chiteng
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
where humans r being killed/slaughtered everyday like animals, how many would u find caring abt animals?
Because a single human CAN help one animal.

enaya
05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
it may be a test frm allah (you neva knw)

جوري
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by normansti
Yesterday night I left my house to take a video to blockbuster and on my way I was driving in the left lane(4 lane road, 50mph speed limit) about 50mph and all of a sudden a dog jumps from the median in front of my car and I turned as hard as I could and almost lost control and just missed the dog, it was so close I thought I hit him. So I go in the turnaround and now going back the other way to go to blockbuster and the dog is there again trying to cross back to the other side so I slow down pretty hard and the suv next to me went right by me(he was in the left lane) and SMACK! I pulled over and went to see the dog and he was still breathing another driver stopped also and had called the police. The police took about 40 minutes to show up and I sat next to the dog waiting and watched him take his or her last breaths. It was soo sad. I knew the dog was gonna die for sure I just wish he died quicker. I cant stop thinking about it. I wish I didnt see it. I didnt go to blockbuster, I went back home. I keep thinking maybe the dog saved my life? Maybe somthing would have happened to me if I continued to blockbuster? Is that possible?
Wow that is really disheartening... I am sorry you had to see that...
I have seen a good three or four people pass on and attended the autopsy of two.. one which was a lady who had mixed connective tissue disease... one day I was holding her hand... the next I was attending her autopsy... I almost passed out and hit my head on the adjacent metal slap where they lay the deceased as the technician helping the pathologist literally peeled her head so he could crack her skull open, I had never seen anything so frightening in my life. And that was the subject of many nightmares for me for weeks...

Death is always a maw3ith'ha. Ill spare you any further gory details... but sometimes witnessing something so horrifying, can actual serve to humble the soul, as well make us painfully aware of our own mortality thus with any luck modify our behavior toward the good... insha'Allah

wasalaam and I certainly hope you are feeling better by now!

normansti
05-16-2007, 03:05 AM
I am feeling a bit better now but I'm still thinking about it. I dont think I ever will forget it.

Chiteng
05-16-2007, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by normansti
I am feeling a bit better now but I'm still thinking about it. I dont think I ever will forget it.
Nor will I.

An animal is truely an innocent. Neither good nor evil.
They should be protected, like all innocents.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!