/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ISNA/fitnah same thing haan?

SalafiFemaleJih
08-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Asalamaualaikum wr wb,

yall going somewhere this year? I mean as in conventions. ICNA already passed away....what about ISNA and RIS?

If you are going to ISNA, what do you think about it? I don't know if this topic bein discussed before...but do you like going to ISNA? I'm asking cuz according to so many bros and sisters they fink ISNA is the best place to seek knowledge..cuz we get to see scholars and righteous people.

by going to place like ISNA makes us better muslim?

some ladies doesn't go to mosque cuz masajid have same enterance for male and female...its kind free mixing as u enter the mosque. But then these same people like going to ISNA.....subhan'Allah what world we are living in?

well I wonder why people complain about mosque but not places like ISNA(full of fitnah)?

I think RIS is way better than ISNA allahmdulillah. Because, they have one lecture at a time....which makes it easy for all da brother and sisters to gather around...allahmdulillah I didn't see youth wasting there time in RIS like i seen it at ISNA.

I think ISNA is more like hook up place. I think its better to stay home and watch clean entertainment.....den going to ISNA.

parents don know what their kids are doing at ISNA....ur kid might be drinking, smoking, and having illegal sexual relationship....i'm not joking....this all stuff are happening at ISNA. N I know for sure these are not just rumours....u can feel it in the air when u go there.

well anyways, im gonna run....isna is comin up so i thought people are gonna be interested to go....beware of dat place its just FITNAH EVERYWHERE. Yes, if u are going with the pure intention of listening to scholars den go ahead....but still its not safe.

May Allah swt guide us to the right path the path of pious Ameen.
May Allah swt forgive our sins and bless us with jannatul firdaus Ameen.
May we die as shaheed Ameen.
May we unite again in Jannah ameen.

i'm sorry if we talked about dis before...just wanted to know what yall feel about it....

wasalamualaikum wr wb.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Safa
08-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Salaam,

I agree with you sister. At the conventions, i'd rather be around people who have the intention of listening to the scholars and taking part in Islamic activities....I haven't been to any of these conventions though.

Wasalaam

bronumba1
08-09-2005, 01:48 AM
subhanAllah

libyanhero
08-09-2005, 01:51 AM
RIS is the best mashallah but I never been to ISNA, there is fitnah even at RIS and everywhere you go but RIS management should try to be do a better job.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
08-09-2005, 01:52 AM
:sl:
I think it is very important to give people these kinds of reminders, but we should also make sure that we don't act in the wrong way and boycott conventions, thereby dammaging the muslim community and its unity. But I fully agree that this is an important reminder for everyone attending any gathering, be mindful of Allah.

:w:

SalafiFemaleJih
08-09-2005, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I think it is very important to give people these kinds of reminders, but we should also make sure that we don't act in the wrong way and boycott conventions, thereby dammaging the muslim community and its unity. But I fully agree that this is an important reminder for everyone attending any gathering, be mindful of Allah.

well what kind of community are we talking about here? If we want to get involved with our community...then make sure u have lectures where there is no fitnah...no gender mixing.

unity??? subhan'Allah
we can do better if only we want.....
if our community people doing wrong then why not try to bring them to straight path...we can try but its Allah who guides em to the right path.

this person once asked dis brother who is involved with isna matters....why don u guys control the gender mixing? so the brother replied "isna is out of our hands now....each year people are increasing....its hard for us to control it now...I guess its too late"

now what do we expect from them?

if you really want to have a good community where people are united then make sure u don't go against ISlam. Bring people closer by inviting them to the truth. we can have lecture, entertainment, games, and lot many more thing....widout gender mixing.

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-09-2005, 03:04 AM
It doesn't help them improve by boycotting them and forbidding people to go to there conventions. That strangels the Muslim Ummah in the west because whenever they try to rally together to raise their voice, Muslims abandon them. Its quite obvious that the gender mixing is blatantly unislamic, but to fix that more righteous Muslims should get involved in the organization to influence them.

Let me give you a very clear example. Accordin to boycotting ideas...

...you should boycott Hajj and Umrah. Because there is gender-mixing around the Ka'aba. If you told some of the guard to do something about it, they would probably also respond that its not in their control.

Clearly boycotting is not an effective strategy. Everyone bears responsibility for their own sins. So how do we minimize the sins? Muslims should propagate the true Islamic ideals whenever they get the opportunity and constantly remind people at such conferences to have taqwa of Allah. But the ultimate decision comes down to the individual whether they will obey or disobey their Lord.

Hope its clear now.

Takumi
08-09-2005, 03:09 AM

I;m going to ISNA this year, insha Allah.

I like meeting the vendors and make new friends. I gave Bridges TV representative a hard time last year. Didn't mean to, but I just needed some answers.

and I found out also that racism still exists among muslims, which is pretty sad. Islam's supposed to liberate us from such disease.

Anyway, ISLAM is perfect, conventions are not. Go and attend lecture and get as much benefit as you can. Those people who are making fitnah, if you can, advise them. If you can't, make dua that they will repent and be better muslim. Maybe it's your opportunity to practice all the knowledge of dakwah from those programs, conventions and dars etc...

I wonder if any of the brothers are attending...
;)

SalafiFemaleJih
08-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Asalamualaikum wr wb,

don u see religious people with lot of knowledge are getting involved with ISNA just tryna improve em, make em better....but there is no change.

you are right we shouldn't boycott it but if you wanna go there and listen to lectures and if u want other brothers and sisters to benefit from those conventions....then speak haqq in front of em...right there at convention....tryna make it better place so atleast it will be safe us to go there in future insha'Allah.

I know soo many people who feel bad about ISNA, but how long are we going to have dat feeling in our heart? I guess its time for some action. Action as in words...speak to people with hikmah and make them understand what the situation is. I hope we succeed insha'Allah.

May Allah swt guide us to the right the path...the path of pious Ameen.
May Allah swt make it easy for us Ameen.

wasalamualaikum wr wb.

Takumi
08-09-2005, 04:09 AM

There are two ways of saying haq. In fact, all these people whom we see making fitnah are not as bad as fir'aun. In fact, he transgressed Allah's boundaries so bad, that he declared himself "your highest lord". Notwithstanding that fact, Allah still ordered Moosa and Haroon to speak to him softly and nicely so that he may repent.

The scholars getting involved in ISNA or whatever convention are doing their role, but no one can do everything. Even the prophet Muhammad s.a.w had his companions to help him. In the incident of Banu Taif, his adopted son shielded him from the stones and rocks and alas, a Christian man aided him while he was resting.

We MUST work together in order to fulfill our role as a muslim.

I believe our issue is that we wish to see change immediately. What matters is, change will happen, what doesn't matter is, WHEN it will happen. 2/3 of the world was under Islamic world NOT DURING the time of the prophet, does that mean he failed? Certainly not.

We gotta keep on trying and advising. Look at prophet Nooh... he made da'wah for more than 500 years! and what did he get? less than 100 people believed in him. In fact, he kept on trying until Allah himself told him that there would be no more poeple who will accept Islam. Then he made that famous dua in soorah Nooh.

These brothers and sisters are muslims. They believe in Allah in their aqeedah and believe in the prophet. Maybe their actions are messed up, but they have that seed that needs to grow. If we shut them out, they will stay that way.

The nubuwwah of the prophet is to SAVE his ummah from the hellfire. That means, we cannot give up hope. I've known many brothers who had a 180 degrees turned from their previous lives by just attending these conferences. We just need to try and keep on going like the Energizer bunny. :p

SalafiFemaleJih
08-09-2005, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by takumi

There are two ways of saying haq. In fact, all these people whom we see making fitnah are not as bad as fir'aun. In fact, he transgressed Allah's boundaries so bad, that he declared himself "your highest lord". Notwithstanding that fact, Allah still ordered Moosa and Haroon to speak to him softly and nicely so that he may repent.

The scholars getting involved in ISNA or whatever convention are doing their role, but no one can do everything. Even the prophet Muhammad s.a.w had his companions to help him. In the incident of Banu Taif, his adopted son shielded him from the stones and rocks and alas, a Christian man aided him while he was resting.

We MUST work together in order to fulfill our role as a muslim.

I believe our issue is that we wish to see change immediately. What matters is, change will happen, what doesn't matter is, WHEN it will happen. 2/3 of the world was under Islamic world NOT DURING the time of the prophet, does that mean he failed? Certainly not.

We gotta keep on trying and advising. Look at prophet Nooh... he made da'wah for more than 500 years! and what did he get? less than 100 people believed in him. In fact, he kept on trying until Allah himself told him that there would be no more poeple who will accept Islam. Then he made that famous dua in soorah Nooh.

These brothers and sisters are muslims. They believe in Allah in their aqeedah and believe in the prophet. Maybe their actions are messed up, but they have that seed that needs to grow. If we shut them out, they will stay that way.

The nubuwwah of the prophet is to SAVE his ummah from the hellfire. That means, we cannot give up hope. I've known many brothers who had a 180 degrees turned from their previous lives by just attending these conferences. We just need to try and keep on going like the Energizer bunny. :p
well said masha'Allah.

I understand the fact that situation of conventions won't change in one night, but its our goal to make em understand the truth. I know they believe in one Lord, their Imaan is complete....Allahmdulillah. It just if one person start doing something bad it effects on other n it goes on n on...especially, at conventions. We all should try our best to spread our deen(i mean the rules and regulations of free mixing, drinkin, smokin, and other things).

Like Nuh alaysalaam we will insha'Allah try to invite people to ISlam.....until death apart us from dis world. N who are already muslim we will try our best to show them the right meaning of everything with the help of Qur'an and Sunnah.

anyways, whats our mission this year at ISNA? anyone? :P

Takumi
08-09-2005, 04:45 AM

My mission insha Allah is to chill out with my brothers who are driving with me and maybe chit chat with the scholars. I talked to Shaykh Muhammad Jibreel and Suhaib Webb last year. It was pretty cool.

and maybe taking the chance of being in chicago, I'd like to visit the Apple Store. :D

*!~Faith~!*
08-09-2005, 04:49 PM
I prefer RIS over ISNA because it's only one lecture at a time compared to ISNA when theres like 3-4 going on at the same time. We already had the ISNA convention here in Toronto and there will be fitnah every where you go. I remember at RIS I was a volunteer and we tried as hard as we could to keep the intermingling to a minimum but you can only do so much. The rest is up to the attendees. Some brothers insisted to sit in the sisters section and vice versa. So there is only so much the organizers could do.

The only conference I went too which had the BEST set-up was a youth conference here in Toronto by Khalid Bin Walid Mosque. The hotel that was used had totally different sides for brothers and sisters. The bro's had their own bazaar, same with the sisters. They had a screen for the sisters to see the lectures and stuff...It was so well planned that you would think you were attendin a brothers/sisters only event. And alhamdulilah that idea was a very good one.

But it all comes down in intention. If you your intention is to go and gain knowledge then alhamdulilah, if it's to contribute to the fitnah then May Allah (swt) guide us all.

SalafiFemaleJih
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM

My mission insha Allah is to chill out with my brothers who are driving with me and maybe chit chat with the scholars. I talked to Shaykh Muhammad Jibreel and Suhaib Webb last year. It was pretty cool.

and maybe taking the chance of being in chicago, I'd like to visit the Apple Store. :D
Chicago sucks :(
I wanna moveeeeeeeeee

Suhaib Webb rocks masha'Allah.
I like hearin to Bilal Philips and this other shaykh umm I forgot his name.

I hope Tahir Rashid comes to ISNA this year....he was plannin to...but i don know whats going on? soo insha'Allah.

wasalamualaikum wr wb.

SalafiFemaleJih
08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*
I prefer RIS over ISNA because it's only one lecture at a time compared to ISNA when theres like 3-4 going on at the same time. We already had the ISNA convention here in Toronto and there will be fitnah every where you go. I remember at RIS I was a volunteer and we tried as hard as we could to keep the intermingling to a minimum but you can only do so much. The rest is up to the attendees. Some brothers insisted to sit in the sisters section and vice versa. So there is only so much the organizers could do.

The only conference I went too which had the BEST set-up was a youth conference here in Toronto by Khalid Bin Walid Mosque. The hotel that was used had totally different sides for brothers and sisters. The bro's had their own bazaar, same with the sisters. They had a screen for the sisters to see the lectures and stuff...It was so well planned that you would think you were attendin a brothers/sisters only event. And alhamdulilah that idea was a very good one.

But it all comes down in intention. If you your intention is to go and gain knowledge then alhamdulilah, if it's to contribute to the fitnah then May Allah (swt) guide us all.
I wonder whether they ever had that kinda conference here in Chicago.

Z
08-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Sorry, but what is ISNA?

SalafiFemaleJih
08-10-2005, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Asalamu Alaikum

Sorry, but what is ISNA?
Islamic Society of North America

they have convention every year....almost everytime in chicago.

Z
08-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Oh, is this free mixing event also in the name of Islam? Hilarious.

Ummu Amatullah
08-10-2005, 04:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
Chicago sucks :(
I wanna moveeeeeeeeee

Suhaib Webb rocks masha'Allah.
I like hearin to Bilal Philips and this other shaykh umm I forgot his name.

I hope Tahir Rashid comes to ISNA this year....he was plannin to...but i don know whats going on? soo insha'Allah.

wasalamualaikum wr wb.
Asallama Alaikum sister why do you want to move if the ISNA conventions are held almost every year there?Alhamdulillah you have the chance to meet alot of good sheiks :thumbs_up.Hope I did :'( .

SalafiFemaleJih
08-10-2005, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Asalamu Alaikum

Oh, is this free mixing event also in the name of Islam? Hilarious.
lol...umm yeah but few people really go there to gain knowledge.

Takumi
08-10-2005, 12:58 PM
lol...umm yeah but few people really go there to gain knowledge.

Forgive me, but I believe we should let Allah judge one's intention.

There's a famous story about one sahabi who killed one disbeliever in a war. The disbeliever said the shahadah while he was about to get killed and the sahabi killed him anyway as he assumed that the guy said the shahadah just to get away from being killed. He then reported this to the prophet and the prophet asked him, "do you know his heart?", 3 times, and the sahabi commented, "I felt that I wasn't a believer".

We should not like trangression of Allah's boundaries but at the same time, we should try to improve ourselves and gradually influence others who are close to us. This is the sunnah of the prophet. You will find in his seerah that his wife was the first one who believed in him then his adopted son and then his cousin. All close to him.

I would prefer that we come up with solutions than criticism. Criticism is good, to provide check and balances.

For example, rather than saying, "there are mixing of men and women at ISNA convention" say, "I suggest that we divide the time of bazaar into brothers and sister's time". Of course, it's not easy to control 30,000 people. But, generally, muslim ummah needs solutions.

In fact, that's how Allah works through Al Quran. An inhibition always comes with an alternative to that prohibited action. There's not one prohibition from Allah that does not come with an alternative action. Don't drink alcohol, but you may drink milk, water etc. Don't eat pork, but you may eat other meat. Don't do zina, but you may get married. Don't back bite, you may make shoora. Don't do riba, you may do sell and gain profit. See what I mean.

I've organized small events before, for about 200-300 people and believe me, it's not as easy as we want it to be. Let alone controlling 20-30,000 people.

:D

Z
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Very few huh, interesting.

Look at it, there's hiphop in the name of Islam, TV programs and channels in the name of Islam, bombs and murder of innocents in the name of Islam, free mixing events also. What next...

How much more of the deen is going to be mocked!

Takumi
08-13-2005, 02:41 AM

I'm going to ISNA this year insha Allah. I'd like to chit chat with Dr Jamal Badawi. I met him personally in Halifax, Nova Scotia in the Spring of 2003. It was really a pleasure.

He's really a down to earth guy and I love him for the sake of Allah. May Allah accept his deed and grant him jannah.

Is any brother from this forum going? I'll be wearing my name tag written as Takumi Nakashima, :D so that you can recognize me and say salam! ;)

I hope my friend will bring his laptop, even though I'd think twice, thrice or whatever before I even use a non-mac machine :p , but I like this forum and I want to blog my experience while it happens.

Looking forward to seeing any of you! Insha Allah.

SalafiFemaleJih
08-13-2005, 03:39 AM

I'm going to ISNA this year insha Allah. I'd like to chit chat with Dr Jamal Badawi. I met him personally in Halifax, Nova Scotia in the Spring of 2003. It was really a pleasure.

He's really a down to earth guy and I love him for the sake of Allah. May Allah accept his deed and grant him jannah.

Is any brother from this forum going? I'll be wearing my name tag written as Takumi Nakashima, :D so that you can recognize me and say salam! ;)

I hope my friend will bring his laptop, even though I'd think twice, thrice or whatever before I even use a non-mac machine :p , but I like this forum and I want to blog my experience while it happens.

Looking forward to seeing any of you! Insha Allah.
ok rep point for anyone whos gonna wear a tag saying "I love LI forums"

man everyone over here makin plans for ISNA.....what shall I do? shall I just go? or stay home chillllllllllllll???

wasalmualaikum wr wb : )

SalafiFemaleJih
09-08-2005, 01:25 AM
so who all was at ISNA this year? anyone?

Noor
09-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Pardon me, but where is this convention being held?

Takumi
09-08-2005, 11:36 AM
:sl: :)

I was at ISNA. It was great, alhamdullillah. Got to see my friends whom I made at ISNA last year. I didn't attend the lectures though, I had a booth at the bazaar.

The bazaar can be very stressful. But, in short, I had a great time. The entertainment session was pretty tight, masha Allah. 786, Ashiqur Rasul, ahmad abd raffur and shaam were some of the performers.

:thumbs_up

Noor
09-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Where was this convention held at???????????????????????

Safa
09-09-2005, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
Where was this convention held at???????????????????????

It was held at Chicago on the first week of september.

TEH
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
http://maniacmuslim.com/Your_Guide_T...88de8b137a5f59

You Americanos amaze me every time...

:p

Genius
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Teenagers are biologically programmed to flirt, so why ----- on them?

Muezzin
09-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Erm... Well, whatever. Any Islamic convention would be a thousand times more useful than an average comic book convention :p :)

minaz
09-09-2005, 08:43 PM
yeh you'd know all about that wouldn't you "klingon"

Zuko
09-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Asalamaualaikum wr wb,

I think ISNA is more like hook up place. I think its better to stay home and watch clean entertainment.....den going to ISNA.

parents don know what their kids are doing at ISNA....ur kid might be drinking, smoking, and having illegal sexual relationship....i'm not joking....this all stuff are happening at ISNA. N I know for sure these are not just rumours....u can feel it in the air when u go there.

beware of dat place its just FITNAH EVERYWHERE.

:thumbs_up Too true... All of the stories I've heard... These places are a big joke... I sure as hell wouldn't waste any of my time there... I'd be better off doing something else...

May Allah swt guide us to the right path the path of pious Ameen.
May Allah swt forgive our sins and bless us with jannatul firdaus Ameen.
May we die as shaheed Ameen.
May we unite again in Jannah ameen.
Ameen...

i'm sorry if we talked about dis before...just wanted to know what yall feel about it....

wasalamualaikum wr wb.
yall? lol.... dont mind I'm just messin':p

Zuko
09-09-2005, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
http://maniacmuslim.com/Your_Guide_T...88de8b137a5f59

You Americanos amaze me every time...

:p
One of the cartoons on that page was really inappropriate but I liked this:

Guy: So … did you like the session?
Girl: Yeah… heehee. It was really good.
Anti-Lobbyist: ASTAGFIRULLAH STOP TALKING ASTAGFIRULLAH
Girl: Why?
Anti-Lobbyist: ASTAGFIRULLAH DON’T YOU KNOW THE FIQH OF TALKING TO THE OPPOSITE GENDER?? ASTAGFIRULLAH
Guy: But she’s my sister.
Anti-Lobbyist: ASTAGFIR-… oh. Carry on.

Happens in school all the time....:p ;D

TEH
09-10-2005, 03:23 PM
;D ;D ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.