/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tap Water

FBI
05-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm cutting back on calories so I've given up soft drinks cause I seem to be addicted to them lol, but I wanna know is tap water safe cause I've been drinking it like made, also I wanna know does water contain any calories?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rhubarb Tart
05-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Q: How can I find out if my tap water is safe to drink?
A: Because of water's different sources and the different ways in which water is treated, the taste and quality of drinking water varies from place to place. Over 90 percent of water systems meet EPA's standards for tap water quality.

The best source of specific information about your drinking water is your water supplier. Water suppliers that serve the same people year-round are required to send their customers an annual water quality report (sometimes called a consumer confidence report).

Contact your water supplier to get a copy or see if your report is posted on-line.

For additional information, visit the following EPA Web sites:

* Local drinking water - provides links to state and local sources of water quality information.
* Drinking water and health - provides information on drinking water contaminants and their health effects.

Top of page

Q. How will I know if my water isn't safe to drink?
A: Your water supplier must notify you by newspaper, mail, radio, TV, or hand-delivery if your water doesn't meet EPA or state standards or if there is a waterborne disease emergency. The notice will describe any precautions you need to take, such as boiling your water.

Follow the advice of your water supplier if you ever receive such a notice. The most common drinking water emergency is contamination by disease-causing germs. Boiling your water for one minute will kill these germs. You can also use common household bleach or iodine to disinfect your drinking water at home in an emergency, such as a flood.

* See EPA's emergency disinfection fact sheet for specific directions on how to disinfect your drinking water in an emergency.

http://www.epa.gov/safewater/faq/faq.html#safe

England
05-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Buy a water filter & dispenser. It takes all the crap such chloride out of the water and comes out nice, cold, clean, and fresh. All the bad stuff is taken out. I've got one, it tastes very clean. Once you drink from this water filter & dispenser you will never drink straight from the tap water again. I haven't, you can taste the difference in cleanliness.

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Buy a water filter & dispenser. It takes all the crap such chloride out of the water and comes out nice, cold, clean, and fresh. All the bad stuff is taken out. I've got one, it tastes very clean. Once you drink from this water filter & dispenser you will never drink straight from the tap water again. I haven't, you can taste the difference in cleanliness.

Yeah we got one of these, we used it in our old house :D New house i think has cleaner water, duno! :rollseyes

Try zam zam water no chemicals but clean :)

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
05-14-2007, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Yeah we got one of these, we used it in our old house :D New house i think has cleaner water, duno! :rollseyes

Try zam zam water no chemicals but clean :)

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh.
I don't think he wants to buy water. I assume he wants to drink from the tap as much as he wants without running out but with the filter & dispenser he'll be able to do so, but 100% cleaner than tap water. Great difference in taste.

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I don't think he wants to buy water. I assume he wants to drink from the tap as much as he wants without running out but with the filter & dispenser he'll be able to do so, but 100% cleaner than tap water. Great difference in taste.
I see

But zam zam water is free :D

And it tastes nice, he should go get some :)

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.