PDA

View Full Version : Muslims ONLY Alton Towers :o|



Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 10:14 AM
In the name of Allah the Most Merciful The Most Kind :D

Peace/blessings/mercy be upon those who follow guidance.




Thrilling ... but only Muslims will be invited


By GUY PATRICK
and ANDY RUSSELL

BRITAIN’S biggest fun park has sparked a race row — with a MUSLIMS-ONLY day.

Up to 28,000 are expected at Alton Towers on September 17 when there will be no music, booze or gambling.

Instead there will be prayer areas, Muslim stalls and all food served will be HALAL.

Organisers Islamic Leisure have billed it the First National Muslim Fun Day and tickets can only be bought through their website.

Non-Muslims phoning the Staffordshire park have been refused tickets.
One, George Hughes, 19, who rang up for 15 tickets for a pal’s birthday, said: “I couldn’t believe it.



Invited ... Muslim girls can go to the fun day

“It’s the only day we can go, yet I can’t because I’m not Muslim. Can you imagine all the fuss if there was a Christians-only day?”

George, of Crayford, Kent, added: “My Muslim friends think it’s outrageous.
“What’s the world coming to when people are being banned from flying the St George’s flag yet this sort of day is allowed? If it must be held, then why not on a weekday rather than a busy weekend?”

The event is widely promoted on the internet and the Muslim Public Affairs Committee declared it “exclusively for our brothers and sisters”.



Logo ... biggest fun park

But some Muslims have condemned the idea. One university student on a Muslim website forum said: “It’s hardly encouraging integration.”
Another said: “What next . . . an all Muslims shopping day out in the Trafford Centre in Manchester?”

Abid Hussan of Islamic Leisure insisted the day was open to all faiths, although Islamic laws would apply.

He added: “There will be no smoking, no alcohol and halal food only.
“We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers. We’re trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community. People can come down and see the way we live. It will be a peaceful family environment.”

Alton Towers said any organisation could hire the park for a day.
A spokeswoman said “We make no distinction regarding sexuality, religious, ethnic or lifestyle choices.”

She confirmed tickets for the day were now available only through Islamic Leisure. And Alton Towers would promote the fact that the day had been booked.

She added: “As a general rule, there will be no admission on the day to guests who have not booked through the organisation in advance.”

Wah u thinkk huuuuh :X:X:X:X :skeleton:

Considering most of ma mates are non Muslim i wouldn't want this.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-14-2007, 10:42 AM
This belongs in General Chat rather than World Affairs.
Reply

Rhubarb Tart
05-14-2007, 10:54 AM
sorry to tell u but it be cancelled,long ago

rom the NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...


Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2006 2:23 p.m. EDT
'National Muslim Fun Day' Canceled in U.K.



Reprint Information
Mitt Romney Rises to the Top

Romney Says Being Mormon Won't Hurt Him
Bill Keeps Low Profile in Hillary Campaign
Giuliani Partners Made $100 Million-Plus
Obama: Reluctant with Secret Service


Britain's biggest theme park has called off the country's first "National Muslim Fun Day" because of lack of interest, the park said on Wednesday.


Alton Towers in central England was to open on Sept. 17 for Muslims - with halal food, a strict dress code and prayer areas.


Music, gambling and alcohol were to be banned for the day and theme park rides such as "Ripsaw", "Corkscrew" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" all segregated by sex.


But the park said the event's organisers, Islamic Leisure, who rented the park for the day and were marketing the event, had called it off due to "insufficient ticket sales".


Story Continues Below


"Alton Towers is disappointed that the planned Family Fun Day on Sunday 17th September has had to be cancelled," the park said in a statement. A park spokeswoman said Islamic Leisure would refund those who bought tickets.



Islamic Leisure's phones were not being answered on Wednesday.


Organisers had hoped to fill a niche for Britain's 1.7 million Muslims, some of whom may be uncomfortable with mainstream entertainment.


But the fun day had caused some consternation: a non-Muslim couple scheduled to hold their wedding at the park's hotel complained to newspapers that event organisers told them the bride and female guests would have to cover up.

The park promised the party would be exempt from the rules. A park spokeswoman said the wedding would take place as planned.


(c) Reuters 2006. All rights reserved.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...2/142611.shtml
Reply

England
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
That was an absolutely disgusting idea. Alton Towers should be boycotted for that. It's racism at its best. This is what I'm talking about. Muslims are complaining about being treated badly in this country but we feel otherwise. Vice-versa.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Encolpius
05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by England
That was an absolutely disgusting idea. Alton Towers should be boycotted for that. It's racism at its best. This is what I'm talking about. Muslims are complaining about being treated badly in this country but we feel otherwise. Vice-versa.
Exactly. It's tokenism at its very worst and that sort of thing breeds contempt.
Reply

Nyomi
05-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Isnt this a old story.. and i'm sure the event was scrapped??
Reply

aamirsaab
05-14-2007, 12:52 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by England
That was an absolutely disgusting idea. Alton Towers should be boycotted for that. It's racism at its best. This is what I'm talking about. Muslims are complaining about being treated badly in this country but we feel otherwise. Vice-versa.
Originally Posted by Encolpius
Exactly. It's tokenism at its very worst and that sort of thing breeds contempt.
I wouldn't say racism, afterall it was booked in advance and Alton towers did say that the amusement park could be booked for special occasions via internet. It would be racist if it one turned up to the amusement park and was then refused entry.

Tokenism? Nah, not really.

In anycase the day ended up not taking place, so I wouldn't get high BP over it.
Reply

England
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:




I wouldn't say racism, afterall it was booked in advance and Alton towers did say that the amusement park could be booked for special occasions via internet. It would be racist if it one turned up to the amusement park and was then refused entry.

Tokenism? Nah, not really.

In anycase the day ended up not taking place, so I wouldn't get high BP over it.
People tried to buy tickets but were refused purchase. Therefore they were refused entry. The only reason it didn't take place is because not enough muslims applied for it, not because they saw sense. If enough muslims bought tickets it would have gone ahead. It is racism. Imagine a "non-muslim day" no muslims allowed. What would you think?
Reply

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Racism? What does racism mean? It means to be discrimanatory against a certain race of people right? Muslims are from all colors/races/nationalities, so it isn't racist. It's just an event that they booked.
Reply

islamirama
05-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by England
That was an absolutely disgusting idea. Alton Towers should be boycotted for that. It's racism at its best. This is what I'm talking about. Muslims are complaining about being treated badly in this country but we feel otherwise. Vice-versa.

Hmmm if any party can rent the towers, why the whining if Muslim's rent it? talk about hypocracy!
Reply

aamirsaab
05-14-2007, 01:22 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by England
People tried to buy tickets but were refused purchase. Therefore they were refused entry.
Because the park had already been booked and so had the tickets for that day...

It is racism. Imagine a "non-muslim day" no muslims allowed. What would you think?
As long as I knew in advanced, i wouldn't have a problem with it; if the amusement park has been booked for a specific group of people say for a party/wedding or whatnot (when for example there may be large amounts of beer kegs all over the place and/or other not halaal stuff), then fine. It's only one day anywho. And everyone knows you cannot get on all the rides at AT in one day. (That's why they have a hotel thirty five seconds away from oblivion. :D)

I don't think it was racist, but at the same time not exactly the greatest move from a business standpoint since they wouldn't be making as much money due to the fact that they're essentially blocking their market.
Reply

Umar001
05-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Am so so so so so so so so so happy it was cancelled Alhamdulillah.

Also I dont see how its racism, theres a target market which is put off by spending their money because of an obsticle, so once in a while the company removes the obsticle for that specific target market.

Anyhow, I would never take my family to such a place. inshaAllah

Originally Posted by England
Imagine a "non-muslim day" no muslims allowed. What would you think?
I'd be ultra happy!! Jee, I'd tell them to have a non-muslim year every year.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by England
Imagine a "non-muslim day" no muslims allowed. What would you think?
imagine a christian only alton towers, or a jewish only alton towers, or a girls or boys only alton towers.

^ they ALL sound OK!

but when you single out and reject ONE category then it becomes personal :p
Reply

Muezzin
05-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by England
That was an absolutely disgusting idea. Alton Towers should be boycotted for that.
Doesn't boycotting a theme park mean less queueing in practice? Awesome! I already went this year, but a boycott will not only empty the park, it might also force them to lower their ticket prices. It's a win-win situation!

It's racism at its best. This is what I'm talking about. Muslims are complaining about being treated badly in this country but we feel otherwise. Vice-versa.
Well, it's not special treatment as you're implying; any organisation can book the park if it's got the cash. I mean, a business might choose to book it for all of its employees for a day out or something, or the Boy Scouts or Brownies might hire it out for the day, denying others access in the process, but it wouldn't mean Alton Towers would be discriminating in the way you're implying. To be honest, I wouldn't be too fussed if say, a Christian or Jewish organisation hired it. They're just booking it out. Business is business.

The day didn't go ahead anyway. No harm done.
Reply

vpb
05-14-2007, 01:40 PM
anyways, why would muslims want to go on such places? is that a 'way to have fun' for muslims??? also those things are quite dangerous , and if you die on that I wonder wether the state of death would be good or bad for the day of judgment :(. there are many other ways that Prophet saws told us to have fun :) and actually swimming is a good thing. I would like if they would do a muslim-day-only for a inside pool, so we could go to swim :) (of course seperated from women). that would be more fun :D:D:D
Reply

Encolpius
05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by vpb
anyways, why would muslims want to go on such places? is that a 'way to have fun' for muslims??? also those things are quite dangerous , and if you die on that I wonder wether the state of death would be good or bad for the day of judgment :(. there are many other ways that Prophet saws told us to have fun :) and actually swimming is a good thing. I would like if they would do a muslim-day-only for a inside pool, so we could go to swim :) (of course seperated from women). that would be more fun :D:D:D
The danger, VPB, is all part of the thrill.

When you're strapped to a seat on wheels slowly creeping over the top of the 400-foot-tall Kingda Ka out in Six Flags, Ohio, for instance, you see the ground beneath your nose and your glands dump mammoth amounts of adrenalin into your system, especially once you go over the edge and start accelerating at 9.8m/s^2 towards the ground. However, you are quite safe, it is the illusion of danger created by the controlled application of physics.

Amusement park rides are tested extensively because the slightest mishap, on a full complement of 50 or so people, could lead to a veritable bloodbath, so the odds are stacked against you dying.
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
i think england was the chap who tried to phone up and get tickets and got turfed :p thats why he seems so upset:D

it was a good idea though:D
Reply

iwuvaziaf
05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
good one chacha jalebi :D ... even my sharp did not clock onto that...

well done.. *air pat"
Reply

Muezzin
05-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Encolpius
Exactly. It's tokenism at its very worst and that sort of thing breeds contempt.
It's not tokenism, it's business. Any organisation can hire out the park. If the Salvation Army wanted to hire it, they could, and I doubt there would be much of an issue.

It would be tokenism if Alton Towers actively went out and said 'oh, let's have an all-black day'. If a legitimate organisation representing African Carribeans hires the park, it's just business. You're a pretty sharp fellow, I'm sure you can appreciate the distinction.
Reply

vpb
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
The danger, VPB, is all part of the thrill.

When you're strapped to a seat on wheels slowly creeping over the top of the 400-foot-tall Kingda Ka out in Six Flags, Ohio, for instance, you see the ground beneath your nose and your glands dump mammoth amounts of adrenalin into your system, especially once you go over the edge and start accelerating at 9.8m/s^2 towards the ground. However, you are quite safe, it is the illusion of danger created by the controlled application of physics.

Amusement park rides are tested extensively because the slightest mishap, on a full complement of 50 or so people, could lead to a veritable bloodbath, so the odds are stacked against you dying.
yeah, I know that they check them every certain period if everything is allright...i see your point but still systems can be flawed. bc we also think about what will we be doing when we die... :) but anyways.
Reply

cihad
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
It wouldn't be any problem if non muslims were allowed aswell, only if they followed the rules -like no drinking etc
Reply

Encolpius
05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's not tokenism, it's business. Any organisation can hire out the park. If the Salvation Army wanted to hire it, they could, and I doubt there would be much of an issue.

It would be tokenism if Alton Towers actively went out and said 'oh, let's have an all-black day'. If a legitimate organisation representing African Carribeans hires the park, it's just business. You're a pretty sharp fellow, I'm sure you can appreciate the distinction.
Point taken, I must have misread the OP.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Hmm, Oh no i hope my thread didn't upset bro England :o|

Okay well Muslims have better things to do than rent our alton Towers which i thought was a lame idea, tskk free mix issues HELLO!!??

Anyways why waste ya time in rubbish places like that... (take no offence)

Peace.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 12:30 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 06:56 AM
  4. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 05:22 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 10:40 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!