/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!!

taloola
05-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Wa alykum as-salaam

I need some help with the following questions, if you have been posted before I am sorry.

1. Where in the Koran does it say about circumcision(i have a son)

2. Where does it specify that women should wear, a head scarf, clothes up to the neck, down to the hands and down the ankles?

3. The Koran says it does not require any explaination, right? It is the complete word of Allah. Why then do we have Hadiths?

4. Halal food?

I have read the Koran over and over and still don't seem to get the answers that I am being told by other muslims. skuran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum. (peace be upon you) sister.

First of all, the Qur'an requires the Messenger of Allaah to explain it. Otherwise it can easily be taken out of context. Allaah says:
And We have also sent down unto you (O Muhammad SAW) the reminder and the advice (the Quran), that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them, and that they may give thought. [Qur'an Al-Nahl 16:44]
So we need the Messenger of Allaah to explain the Qur'an to us, otherwise it can easily be taken out of context and people can start making their own interpretations of it.

Allaah Almighty also says:
Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.
[Surah Al-Ahzaab: 21]
By the Star when it goes down. Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor erred. Nor does he speak out o his own desire. It is only revelation (wahyun) that is revealed. [Surah An-Najm: 1-4]
So we see from the Qur'an that what the Messenger of Allaah tell us to do is part of Islaam also, and if something isn't mentioned in the Qur'an - it is our duty to follow his Sunnah.

You can read more links to read more on why Hadith is required to explain Qur'an:

The Legal Status of the Sunnah in Islam
The Necessity to Refer to the Qur'an and Sunnah

1) Circumcision is mentioned in the Sunnah:
  1. ‘Aqeeqah and circumcision
  • It was reported from Salmaan ibn ‘Aamir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For the boy there should be an ‘aqeeqah. Slaughter (an animal) for him and remove the harmful thing [i.e., the foreskin] from him.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1515; al-Nasaa’i, 4214; Abu Dawood, 2839; Ibn Maajah, 3164. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’, 4/396).
  • It was reported that Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A boy is ransomed by his ‘aqeeqah. Sacrifice should be made for him on the seventh day, he should be given a name and his head should be shaved.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1522; al-Nasaa’i, 4220 and Abu Dawood, 2838. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’ 4/385).

You can read more about that from here insha Allaah:

Islamic actions for welcoming a new baby
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=7889&ln=eng&txt=

May Allaah bless you, your baby boy, your family and all the muslims. ameen.

You might also want to check this:
http://muslim-names.co.uk/

You can check about the Hijaab from these links insha Allaah:
http://www.thecanadianmuslim.ca/howtohijab.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ear-hijab.html

If you have any more questions, please do ask. And if i can get more information - insha Allaah i will post it.

taloola
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM
wa salam.

hadiths

"Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?" 7:185

"Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless HADITH, and thus divert others from the path of God without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution." 31:6

These are God's revelations (Quran) that we recite to you truthfully. In which HADITH other than God and His revelations do they believe?" 45:6

"Which HADITH other than this do they uphold?" 77:50

"Say, "Whose testimony is the greatest?" Say, "God's. He is the witness between me and you that this Quran (Not Quran, Hadith and Sunna) has been inspired to me, to preach it to you and whomever it reaches......" 6:19

Those who follow the Quran are following the Prophet Muhammed , those who are following the alleged Hadith and Sunna are not following the Prophet but following those who wrote these books. Following anybody but God's commandments in the Quran, is idol-worship. Idol-worship is the only unforgivable sin, if maintained tell death. Good intentions do not help, many idol-worshipers will face God on the Day of Judgment not realizing what they were doing , their intentions will not help them then, read for yourself 6:22-24

Does the Hadiths explain the whole Koran?

Is the Sunna, the Sunna of Mohammed(pbuh)?

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 04:22 PM
:salamext:

Allaah (Exalted is He) mentions the Hikmaah in several ayaat:
Allaah has surely blessed the believers with His favor when He raised in their midst a Messenger from among themselves, who recites to them His verses and makes them pure and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, while they were, earlier in open error. (Soorah Al-Baqaraa:164)
He (Allaah) is the One who raised up, among the unlettered, a Messenger from among themselves who recites the verses of Allaah, and makes them pure, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom. (Soorah al-Joomooa:2)
Here Hikmaah is followed straight after the mentioning of Kitaab (Book). According to the Quraniyyah, it should read as:
He (Allaah) is the One who raised up, among the unlettered, a Messenger from among themselves who recites the verses of Allaah, and makes them pure, and teaches them theBook (Qur'aan) and the Wisdom (Qur'aan) (Soorah al-Joomooa:2)
This is grammatically incorrect since according to the Qur'aanic principle of mooghayaraa (differentiation), coupled words do not mean the same thing and indeed the Glorious Qur’aan is far above such mistakes.

Allaah (Exalted is He) says: Do they not then consider the Qur'aan carefully? Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction. (Soorah An Nisaa: 82)
Allaah (Exalted is He) says:
He does not speak from his desires, Verily it is inspiration (unrecited revelation) which has been revealed. (Soorah an-Najm:3-4)
Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentions in his treatise:
And the Sunnah with us are the aathaar (narrations) of the Messenger of Allaah (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sunnah explains and clarifies the Qur’aan. It is the guide to the Qur’aan [containing evidences and indications as to its meanings and correct interpretations.]
Hassaan ibn Atiyyah said,
Jibreel used to descend upon the Messenger of Allaah with the Sunnah just as he used to descend with the Qur’aan.
Reported in Ash-Sharh wal-Ibaanah of Ibn Battah, p. and Majmoo’ul-Fataawaa of Shaikhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, 3/366.
Ibn Katheer said,
The Sunnah is decisive over the Book of Allaah.
Reported in ad-Daarimee, 1/144 and Ash-Sharh wal-lbaanah of Ibn Battah
Al-Suyuti says that
if one seeks the Quraan, he shall seek 'sunnah' because it is the commentary of the Quraan and its explanation.

Read this article for more information insha Allaah:

Ahadeeth myths
http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...ection=Hadeeth

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taloola
05-14-2007, 07:29 PM
salam fi,

You didnt answer the question if it means the sunna of Mohammed(pbuh)? or if the Hadith are a full explaination of the Koran? I would be interested in your answer.

You obviously belive the Hadiths, this is part of Mohammeds(pbuh) last sermon.
Verily I have left amongst you that which will never lead you astray, the BOOK OF ALLAH, which if you hold fast you shall never go astray. And beware of transgressing the limits set in the matters of religion, for it is transgression of religion, that brought destruction to (many people) before you.

O People. Listen and obey , though a mangled Abyssinian slave is appointed your Amir (ruler), PROVIDED he executes (the ordinance of ) THE BOOK OF ALLAH among you.

Editor's comment:

Those who are seeking to obey the Prophet Muhammed and follow his steps have it easy because they got the book that God promised to preserve, the BEST HADITH (Quran). Obeying the prophet Muhammed is to follow his message, the Quran and Quran alone. When the prophet Muhammed died he left behind ONLY one book completely written and preserved, i.e. the Quran. He never left any Hadith books. These books are the innovations added to Islam about 150-200 years after the death of the prophet.
This is grammatically incorrect since according to the Qur'aanic principle of mooghayaraa (differentiation), coupled words do not mean the same thing and indeed the Glorious Qur’aan is far above such mistakes.

Allaah (Exalted is He) says: Do they not then consider the Qur'aan carefully? Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction. (Soorah An Nisaa: 82)

By this are you saying that the Koran is full of contradictions??? or perhaps you mean correctly that the Hadiths are full of contraditctions.

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 07:33 PM
:wasalamex sister.

Can you tell us how you pray salaah? And in what order? How much do you have to pay in zakaah, how do you perform the hajj?

Is the whole description of these acts of worship which are mentioned many times in the Qur'an explained in the Qur'an? If so - could you explain how. And if you can't, then you'll understand how the Sunnah is required.

taloola
05-14-2007, 07:46 PM
salam fi,

I will get back to you about the above. But, if the hadiths are an explaination of the Koran then why are 28 surahs missing???? Are they not important!!!!! and why is only 20% of al-baqarah explained??

Bukhari didnt even speak arabic, he spoke farsi.

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 07:54 PM
:wasalamex

He did sister, that's why the collection of Sahih Al Bukhari is in arabic. :) Also - he wasn't Faarsi [Persian] - he came from Bukhara.

I don't know where you heard that the Qur'an has been altered, since Allaah has said:

We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). [Qur'an Al-Hijr 15: 9]

The Sunnah are the authentic narrations linked back to the Prophet of Allaah (peace be upon him), whereas ahadith can be weak or strong. The authentic/strong ahadith however are attributed to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and therefore are a source of law, since Allaah says that we have to obey the Messenger (peace be upon him.)

The chain of narrators are tested on the strength of their memory, their devotion to Allaah, if they ever lied in their lifetime, and many other factors such as that. Their whole biographies have also been recorded, and a chain which has a whole strong chain of narrators is termed as Saheeh [authentic] and therefore accepted. How else could it be preserved?

And Allaah knows best.

:salamext:

taloola
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
salam fi,

I didnt say the Koran had been altered!!!! NEVER. The Koran is the complete word of Allah and need no other explanation. Surely Allah never ran out of words!! If the Koran needed further explanation, then Allah would have given this message to Mohammed(pbuh) also.

We have been given a brain, eyes, ears etc. To read and understand the Koran. We are told not to listen to our fathers and forefathers.

The Hadiths were not written for 150-200 years after Mohammed(pbuh) died, so, the generals in whose 150++years didnt need an explanation.
Why did Mohammed(phuh) not write these Hadiths himself?
You didnt answer about the 28 misssing surahs in the Hadiths?

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taloola
salam fi,

wa alykum as-salaam sister.

I didnt say the Koran had been altered!!!! NEVER. The Koran is the complete word of Allah and need no other explanation. Surely Allah never ran out of words!! If the Koran needed further explanation, then Allah would have given this message to Mohammed(pbuh) also.
Yes, the Qur'an is the word of Allaah. And He says that He could have sent it on a mountain. [59:21] - but He never, rather He sent a Messenger who would explain it to us. Again, we need the Qur'an to be explained by His Messenger, and as stated before - we don't know how to pray salaah, how to pay zakaah, how to perform hajj, how to fast Ramadhan unless we have the Prophetic Sunnah.

And We have also sent down unto you (O Muhammad SAW) the reminder and the advice (the Quran), that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them, and that they may give thought.
[Qur'an Al-Nahl 16:44]
We have been given a brain, eyes, ears etc. To read and understand the Koran. We are told not to listen to our fathers and forefathers.

The Hadiths were not written for 150-200 years after Mohammed(pbuh) died, so, the generals in whose 150++years didnt need an explanation.

Yes they did, that's why the companions of Allaah's Messenger passed on the Prophetic Sunnah and the Qur'an, with the explanation to the rest of the world. If these companions never passed it on, who would?

One of the Ansaar (The Helpers) asked the Prophet if there was another way to preserve ahadeeth as he sometimes forgets them. The Prophet replied:

Seek help from your right hand, and pointed out to a writing. (Tirmidhi)
Raafi ibn Khadij (May Allaah be pleased with him) said:
I said to the Prophet that we hear from you many things, should we write them down?” He replied: You may write. There is no harm. (Tadreeb ar Raawi)
Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrates that the Prophet said:
Preserve knowledge by writing. (At-Tabari Jaami ul Bayaan)
Abu Raafi (may Allaah be pleased with him) sought permission from the Prophet to write ahadeeth and the Prophet granted him that permission (Tirmidhi)
Salma (student of Ibn Abbaas) says:
I saw some small wooden boards with Abdullaah Ibn Abbaas. He was writing on them some reports of the acts of the Prophet which he acquired from Abu Raafi’. (Tabaqaat Ibn Sa’d)
Abdullaah ibn Amr ibn al-Aas (May Allaah be pleased with him) reports that the Prophet said to him:
Preserve Knowledge
Abdullaah then asked,
how should it be preserved?
The Prophet replied,
by writing it.
(Mustadrik Haakim; Jaami ul Bayaan)

In another report, he says,
I came to the Prophet and told him, I want to narrate your ahadeeth. So, I want to take assistance of my handwriting besides my heart. Do you deem it fit for me?’
The Prophet replied,
If it is my hadeeth you may seek help from your hand besides your heart. (Daarimi)
He also says:
I used to write whatever I heard from the Prophet and wanted to learn it by heart. Some people of the Quraysh dissuaded me and said,
Do you write everything you hear from the Prophet, while he is a human being and sometimes he may be in anger as any other human beings may be? (Abu Dawood)
After Abdullaah ibn Amr conveyed their opinion to the Prophet, the Prophet replied by pointing to his lips and said:
I swear by the One in whose hands is the soul of Muhammad: nothing comes out from these two (lips) except truth(haqq). So, do write. (Abu Dawood; Tabaqaat ibn Sa’d; Mustadrik ul Haakim)
These narrations attest that ahadeeth were written during the era of the Prophet.

[SOURCE]

Why did Mohammed(phuh) not write these Hadiths himself?
"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." [Qur'an 7: 157]
He couldn't write himself, so who would, except his companions?

You didnt answer about the 28 misssing surahs in the Hadiths?

Could you explain that further please? What 28 Surahs?

taloola
05-14-2007, 08:35 PM
salam fi

PRAYER-
(1) The Dawn Contact Prayer is mentioned by name in 24:58. Before sunrise.
(2) The Noon Contact Prayer is specified in 17:78. When the sun declines.
(3) The Afternoon Contact Prayer is in 2:238. Midway between noon & sunset.
(4) The Sunset Contact Prayer is mentioned in 11:114. Immediately after sunset.
(5) The Night Contact Prayer is in 11:114, and is mentioned by name in 24:58.

The Hadiths and Sunna books are rather full of contradictory statements.

NOT a single time, was the prophet Muhammad reported as telling the people; let me tell you how to perform your Salat prayers, or let me tell you the number of Rakaat in the prayers.

Had Muhammad willed or was of his duties to teach the community their prayer and the number of Rakaat, he would have done such that, and in the public arena for everyone to witness it. It never happened. Because the Prophet Muhammad and the people before him were given the ways to pray, handed down from Abraham through generations of believers who kept the prayers intact as God promised. God would not have told Muhammad to follow the religion of Abraham if no one knows or practices that religion.

Abraham was the founder of Islam (Submission in English) as we practice it today, and the one who called us "Muslims" (Submitters in English).

"You shall strive in the cause of God as you should. He has blessed you, and imposed no hardship in your religion; the RELIGION OF YOUR FATHER ABRAHAM, Abraham is the one who named you "Muslims" in the beginning. Thus, the messenger serves as witness among you, just as you serve as a witness among the people. Therefore, you shall observe the Salat prayers, give the Zakat charity, and hold fast to God; He is your Lord; the best Lord, and the best supporter." 22:78

"Abraham was neither Jewish , nor Christian; he was a monotheist; a Muslim; he never was an idol-worshiper. The people most worthy of following Abraham are those who follow him and this prophet (Muhammad), and those who believed. God is the Lord of the believers." 3:67-68

"Then we inspired you (O Muhammad) to follow the religion of Abraham, monotheism; never was he an idol-worshiper." 16:123

Pilgrimage: Hajj & `Umrah

Once in a lifetime, Hajj and `Umrah are decreed for those who can afford it. Pilgrimage commemorates Abraham's exemplary submission to God and must be observed during the four Sacred Months - Zul-Hijjah, Muharram, Safar, & Rabi` I (12th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd months) (2:197; 9:2, 36). `Umrah can be observed any time. Like all other duties in Islam, Hajj has been distorted. Most Muslims observe Hajj only during a few days in Zul-Hijjah, and they consider Rajab, Zul-Qi'dah, Zul-Hijjah, and Muharram (7th, 11th, 12th, 1st months) to be the Sacred Months. This is a distortion that is strongly condemned (9:37).

The pilgrimage begins with a bath or shower, followed by a state of sanctity called "Ihraam," where the male pilgrim wears seamless sheets of material, and the woman wears a modest dress (2:196). Throughout Hajj, the pilgrim abstains from sexual intercourse, vanities such as shaving and cutting the hair, arguments, misconduct, and bad language (2:197). Cleanliness, bathing, and regular hygiene practices are encouraged. Upon arrival at the Sacred Mosque in Mecca, the pilgrim walks around the Ka`bah seven times, while glorifying and praising God (2:125, 22:26-29). The common formula is: "Labbayka Allaahumma Labbayk" (My God, I have responded to You). "Labbayka Laa Shareeka Laka Labbayk" (I have responded to You, and I proclaim that there is no other god besides You; I have responded to You). The next step is to walk the half-mile distance between the knolls of Safa and Marwah seven times, with occasional trotting (2:158). This completes the `Umrah portion of the pilgrimage.

The pilgrim then goes to `Arafat to spend a day of worship, meditation, and glorification of God, from dawn to sunset (2:198). After sunset, the pilgrim goes to Muzdalifah where the Night Prayer is observed, and 21 pebbles are picked up for the symbolic stoning of Satan at Mina. From Muzdalifah, the pilgrim goes to Mina to spend two or three days (2:203). On the first morning at Mina, the pilgrim offers an animal sacrifice to feed the poor and to commemorate God's intervention to save Ismail and Abraham from Satan's trick (37:107). The stoning ceremonies symbolize rejection of Satan's polytheism and are done by throwing seven pebbles at each of three stations, while glorifying God (15:34). The pilgrim then returns to Mecca and observes a farewell circumvolution of the Ka`bah seven times.

Unfortunately, most of today's Muslim pilgrims make it a custom to visit the prophet Muhammad's tomb where they commit the most flagrant acts of idolatry and thus nullify their Hajj. The Quran consistently talks about "The Sacred Mosque," while today's Muslims talk about "The Two Sacred Mosques!" In a glaring act of idolatry, the Muslims have set up Muhammad's tomb as another "Sacred Mosque!" This is a blasphemous violation of the Quran, and, ironically, even violates Hadith. The Hadith shown below illustrates this strange irony:

Translation of this false statement: "God has cursed the Jews and Christians for turning the tombs of their prophets into mosques." [Bukhari, Nawawi Edition, Vol. 6, Page 14]

taloola
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
salam fi

Why did Mohammed not write the Hadiths??

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 09:00 PM
salam fi

wa alykum as-salaam sister.

PRAYER-
(1) The Dawn Contact Prayer is mentioned by name in 24:58. Before sunrise.
(2) The Noon Contact Prayer is specified in 17:78. When the sun declines.
(3) The Afternoon Contact Prayer is in 2:238. Midway between noon & sunset.
(4) The Sunset Contact Prayer is mentioned in 11:114. Immediately after sunset.
(5) The Night Contact Prayer is in 11:114, and is mentioned by name in 24:58.

Now that i know when the salaah is, does it explain exactly how to perform it? In what order? I don't want the usual verses on bowing and prostrating, i want the order mentioned from Qur'an also.

Jazaak Allaah khayr in advance.

The Hadiths and Sunna books are rather full of contradictory statements.
Maybe we need to refer to scholars to clear up our misunderstandings? :)

NOT a single time, was the prophet Muhammad reported as telling the people; let me tell you how to perform your Salat prayers, or let me tell you the number of Rakaat in the prayers.

Had Muhammad willed or was of his duties to teach the community their prayer and the number of Rakaat, he would have done such that, and in the public arena for everyone to witness it. It never happened.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

(Salloo kamaa ra'aytamoonee usaallee) "Pray as you see me praying."

[Recorded in Sahih Al Bukhari]

Because the Prophet Muhammad and the people before him were given the ways to pray, handed down from Abraham through generations of believers who kept the prayers intact as God promised. God would not have told Muhammad to follow the religion of Abraham if no one knows or practices that religion.

Abraham was the founder of Islam (Submission in English) as we practice it today, and the one who called us "Muslims" (Submitters in English).

But was the true religion of Prophet Ibrahim preserved? Infact - it went the total opposite way, since it's been mentioned that Prophet Ibrahim was a pure monotheist, yet the arabs had introduced idolatry and associated partners with Allaah - the exact opposite of the message Prophet Ibrahim came with. So who's to say that they continued performing the same prayer as Prophet Ibrahim if they never even worshipped Allaah Alone?

"You shall strive in the cause of God as you should. He has blessed you, and imposed no hardship in your religion; the RELIGION OF YOUR FATHER ABRAHAM, Abraham is the one who named you "Muslims" in the beginning. Thus, the messenger serves as witness among you, just as you serve as a witness among the people. Therefore, you shall observe the Salat prayers, give the Zakat charity, and hold fast to God; He is your Lord; the best Lord, and the best supporter." 22:78

"Abraham was neither Jewish , nor Christian; he was a monotheist; a Muslim; he never was an idol-worshiper. The people most worthy of following Abraham are those who follow him and this prophet (Muhammad), and those who believed. God is the Lord of the believers." 3:67-68

"Then we inspired you (O Muhammad) to follow the religion of Abraham, monotheism; never was he an idol-worshiper." 16:123

Yes, it shows that the arabs turned away and opposed the religion of Prophet Ibrahim, that's why Allaah sent Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the final Messenger to bring them back to the religion of Ibrahim (peace be upon him.)

Pilgrimage: Hajj & `Umrah

Once in a lifetime, Hajj and `Umrah are decreed for those who can afford it. Pilgrimage commemorates Abraham's exemplary submission to God and must be observed during the four Sacred Months - Zul-Hijjah, Muharram, Safar, & Rabi` I (12th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd months) (2:197; 9:2, 36).

For Hajj are the months well known. If any one undertakes that duty therein, Let there be no obscenity, nor wickedness, nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good ye do, (be sure) Allah knoweth it. And take a provision (With you) for the journey, but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me, o ye that are wise. [Qur'an 2: 197]

Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards, (as ye will), throughout the land, but know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah (by your falsehood) but that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him. [Qur'an 9: 2]

The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year)- so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred: that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein, and fight the Pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves. [Qur'an 9: 36]
None of these verses mention the months names? Where did these people get them from? Maybe from the Sunnah? Because the Authentic Sunnah explains this quite well.

`Umrah can be observed any time. Like all other duties in Islam, Hajj has been distorted. Most Muslims observe Hajj only during a few days in Zul-Hijjah, and they consider Rajab, Zul-Qi'dah, Zul-Hijjah, and Muharram (7th, 11th, 12th, 1st months) to be the Sacred Months. This is a distortion that is strongly condemned (9:37).

I don't understand how this has any relevance to the topic, i'm sorry.

The pilgrimage begins with a bath or shower, followed by a state of sanctity called "Ihraam," where the male pilgrim wears seamless sheets of material, and the woman wears a modest dress (2:196).

And complete the Hajj or 'umra in the service of Allah. But if ye are prevented (From completing it), send an offering for sacrifice, such as ye may find, and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice. And if any of you is ill, or has an ailment in his scalp, (Necessitating shaving), (He should) in compensation either fast, or feed the poor, or offer sacrifice; and when ye are in peaceful conditions (again), if any one wishes to continue the 'umra on to the hajj, He must make an offering, such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, He should fast three days during the hajj and seven days on his return, Making ten days in all. This is for those whose household is not in (the precincts of) the Sacred Mosque. And fear Allah, and know that Allah Is strict in punishment.

[Qur'an 2: 196]
The mention of having a bath or shower isn't mentioned in them verses. It is mentioned in the Sunnah though. The verse doesn't mention wearing the ihraam, but it is mentioned in the Sunnah though.

Throughout Hajj, the pilgrim abstains from sexual intercourse, vanities such as shaving and cutting the hair, arguments, misconduct, and bad language (2:197).
For Hajj are the months well known. If any one undertakes that duty therein, Let there be no obscenity, nor wickedness, nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good ye do, (be sure) Allah knoweth it. And take a provision (With you) for the journey, but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me, o ye that are wise. [Qur'an 2: 197]
The mention of no sexual intercourse isn't mentioned in that verse, it is in the Sunnah though. The prohibition of cutting the hair isn't forbidden in that verse either, it is in the Sunnah though.

Cleanliness, bathing, and regular hygiene practices are encouraged. Upon arrival at the Sacred Mosque in Mecca, the pilgrim walks around the Ka`bah seven times, while glorifying and praising God (2:125, 22:26-29).

Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with Abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer). [Qur'an 2: 125]

Behold! We gave the site, to Abraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).

"And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways;

"That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.

"Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House."

[Qur'an 22: 26-29]

Those verses don't mention that we have to go around the Ka'ba 7 times, but it is mentioned in the Sunnah.

The common formula is: "Labbayka Allaahumma Labbayk" (My God, I have responded to You). "Labbayka Laa Shareeka Laka Labbayk" (I have responded to You, and I proclaim that there is no other god besides You; I have responded to You). The next step is to walk the half-mile distance between the knolls of Safa and Marwah seven times, with occasional trotting (2:158). This completes the `Umrah portion of the pilgrimage.

Behold! Safa and Marwa are among the Symbols of Allah. So if those who visit the House in the Season or at other times, should compass them round, it is no sin in them. And if any one obeyeth his own impulse to good,- be sure that Allah is He Who recogniseth and knoweth. [Qur'an 2: 158]
It isn't mentioned in that verse that Safa and Marwa is a part of the 'Umra, but it is explained from the Sunnah why Allaah says 'it is no sin on them' to perform it ;

The Ayah was revealed regarding the Ansar, who before Islam, used to assume Ihlal (or Ihram for Hajj) in the area of Mushallal for their idol Manat that they used to worship. Those who assumed Ihlal for Manat, used to hesitate to perform Tawaf (going) between Mounts As-Safa and Al-Marwah. So they (during the Islamic era) asked Allah's Messenger about it, saying, `O Messenger of Allah! During the time of Jahiliyyah, we used to hesitate to perform Tawaf between As-Safa and Al-Marwah.' Allah then revealed:

[إِنَّ الصَّفَا وَالْمَرْوَةَ مِن شَعَآئِرِ اللَّهِ فَمَنْ حَجَّ الْبَيْتَ أَوِ اعْتَمَرَ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْهِ أَن يَطَّوَّفَ بِهِمَا]

(Verily, As-Safa and Al-Marwah are of the symbols of Allah. So it is not a sin on him who performs Hajj or `Umrah of the House to perform the going (Tawaf) between them.)'' `A'ishah then said, " Allah's Messenger has made it the Sunnah to perform Tawaf between them (As-Safa and Al-Marwah), and thus, no one should abandon performing Tawaf between them.'' This Hadith is reported in the Sahihayn.

[SOURCE]

The pilgrim then goes to `Arafat to spend a day of worship, meditation, and glorification of God, from dawn to sunset (2:198).
It is no crime in you if ye seek of the bounty of your Lord (during pilgrimage). Then when ye pour down from (Mount) Arafat, celebrate the praises of Allah at the Sacred Monument, and celebrate His praises as He has directed you, even though, before this, ye went astray. [Qur'an 2: 198]
It doesn't mention in the verse that it is from Dawn to sunset, but it is explained in the Sunnah.

After sunset, the pilgrim goes to Muzdalifah where the Night Prayer is observed, and 21 pebbles are picked up for the symbolic stoning of Satan at Mina. From Muzdalifah, the pilgrim goes to Mina to spend two or three days (2:203).
Celebrate the praises of Allah during the Appointed Days. But if any one hastens to leave in two days, there is no blame on him, and if any one stays on, there is no blame on him, if his aim is to do right. Then fear Allah, and know that ye will surely be gathered unto Him. [Qur'an 2: 203]
It isn't mentioned in the verse that you need 21 pebbles.

On the first morning at Mina, the pilgrim offers an animal sacrifice to feed the poor and to commemorate God's intervention to save Ismail and Abraham from Satan's trick (37:107). The stoning ceremonies symbolize rejection of Satan's polytheism and are done by throwing seven pebbles at each of three stations, while glorifying God (15:34). The pilgrim then returns to Mecca and observes a farewell circumvolution of the Ka`bah seven times.
(Allah) said: "Then get thee out from here; for thou art rejected, accursed. [Qur'an 15: 34]
This verse doesn't explain how you need seven pebbles to hit the three stations? But it is mentioned in the Sunnah.

Do you see how flawed that is? They pretend to use the Qur'an while 'borrowing' from the Sunnah where they can't find proofs. That shows how lacking they are, and they depend on the Sunnah themselves.

- Qatada -
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
salam fi

Why did Mohammed not write the Hadiths??

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." [Qur'an 7: 157]
He couldn't write himself as stated by Allaah, so who would, except his companions?

Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
He was an ummiy illiterate

taloola
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
salam fi,

shukran for your help and advice. Inshallah, I will follow the right path and not the man-made one.

wa salam

- Qatada -
05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Wa alykum As-Salaam sister.

Insha Allaah we all want to go to Paradise so i hope that you understand that the Authentic Sunnah is required, and if you have any questions about it - then please do ask and we can answer them one by one.

taloola
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
salam fi,

Thanks for your help and advice, Inshalllah I will follow the right path and not the man-made one.

wa salam

- Qatada -
05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
:wasalamex

Insha Allaah. :) if you ever need any more info - please don't hesitate to ask.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!