/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shirk

anonymous
05-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikam

I can't believe I did this. I didn't know I was doing it at the time, but now when I look back on it I realise it was shirk, and so now whenever I read that it is the only unforgivable sin and it is the biggest sin, I start to cry. I feal so stupid and I keep on cursing myself for doing such a stupid thing as it has undoubtably left a stain on my record and I fear that all of my efforts in my life will now be fruitless as what I have done.

Is it forgiven at any time? I always hear that when you do Hajj it is like becoming a new person as all your bad deeds are washed away prior. Would truthfully doing Hajj erase that terribly grave sin which I have mistakenly done? Every time I think about this it feals like a thousand needles are jabbing into my stomach and I feal so bad. It just makes me want to cry and I feal so terrible.

(What happenned was after I watched some extremely stupid video on the "laws of attraction in the universe" I thought "what the heck" and was hoping the "universe" would give me these stupid pleasures in this pointless and limited dunya which pleasures are so limited and are temporary and is nothing compared to Jannah and the persuit of this dunya would only lead you to Jahhanam)

Inshallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Selam aleykum
Don't forget that Allah subhana wa ta'ala is the most forgivving and mercyfull. So no, it's not to late. Yes it's true, if one does hajj according to the sunnah of the prophet s.a.w. and it is accepted then he becomes like a newborn (clean record). However there are many other things you can do to:
See here for more information:
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ion-about.html

Snowflake
05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I can't believe I did this. I didn't know I was doing it at the time,
InshaAllah there's a big difference in doing something that you know is wrong and doing it out of ignorance. Allah will accept your repentence and forgive you inshaAllah. Whatsmore is that Allah subhana wa ta'ala even forgives major shirk like (idol worship/Polytheism), unless it is maintained until the time of death.

Allah clearly tell muslims to invite disbelievers to Islam so that He may forgive them knowing that they have committed shirk. Subhan'Allah, such is Allah's mercy for His Creation.

"You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the
guided ones."
[Quran 16:125]
Don't despair inshaAllah. Have faith in Allah.

AmarFaisal
05-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Shirq done unkowningly was probably done by a lot of us. Like reading and beleiving stars and horiscopes. I did some of them too. But as soon as I realised that it was shirq, I did taubah and changed my way. The rest is in Allah's hand. May he forgive us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sunnih
05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

No doubt, shirk is the greatest wrongdoing and the most heineous sin. It is true that Allah says: "Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him: but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah hath strayed far far away (from the right)" (4:116).

However this is for the final judgement, and if anyone fell into shirk and wants to repent then the door of repentance is wide open just as Allah says: "Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful" (39:53).

This ayah comprises all sinners and also those who fall into shirk (major and minor).

In fact desparing of the mercy of Allah is a heinious sin in and of itself. Allah says: ""And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord but such as go astray?" (15:56)

Tabarani and Bazzar transmit from Ibn Abass that the Prophet was asked regarding the major sins and he replied: "Shirk with Allah, desparing of Allah's Mercy and feeling secure from Allah's plan".

Ibn Mas'ud said: "The major sins are, shirk with Allah, feeling secure from Him, desparing of His Mercy and giving up hope in Allah".

Bukhari narrates from Abu Hureira that the Prophet said: "...if the kafir knew the Mercy in Allah's hands, he would never give up hope of entering jannah and if the believer knew the punishment of Allah, he would never feel secure from the fire of hell".

So from these narrations it becomes clear that feeling fear and regret for the sins is a recomended course of action. However this fear and regret must be a dinamic fear and regret. Such that will push you to change the way you behave and pushes you to do good deeds. It stops you from falling in despair and fatalism.

Muslim narrates from Jabir that he heard the Messenger of Allah say: "None of you will enter jannah because of his good deeds only and none of you will be saved from the fire because of his good deeds only. Even me. (It does not happen only as a result of someones good deeds only) But because of the Mercy of Allah".

Allah says: "When those come to thee who believe in Our Signs say: "Peace be on you: your Lord had inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy: verily if any of you did evil in ignorance and thereafter repented and amended (his conduct) lo! He is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful." (6:54)

So the Mercy of Allah is what should be sought after, both the general and the specific (type of Allah's Mercy). Such is obtained by believing in Allah, and following His commands.

Just as Allah made it clear for us when He said: "...with My punishment I visit whom I will; but My mercy extendeth to all things. That (Mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right and practice regular charity and those who believe in Our signs;

Those who follow the apostle the unlettered prophet whom they find mentioned in their own (Scriptures); in the law and the Gospel; for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil: he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him honor him help him and follow the light which is sent down with him it is they who will prosper." (7:156-157)

Also do not forget to pray to Allah for your forgiveness. Indeed the best prayer is that which follows the prayer tought by the Messenger himself. Just like the prayer narrated from Aisha in Sahih Muslim that she heard the Messenger saying while he was in sajdah:

"Allahuma, I seek refuge with your pleasure from your wrath, with your forgiveness from your punishment. I seek refuge with You from You. I can not praise You as You deserve to be praised. You are praised just like You have praised Yourself".

Also from other duas prescribed in the honorable sunnah. Also the dua that protects us from the hidden shirk. "Allahuma. I put my reliance on You so that You may protect me from falling into shirk knowingly, and I seek your forgiveness for what I do not know".

Also, to remove the anguish and the whispers that shaytan threatens you with: Ahmad, Abu Awanah, Abu Hatim and Ibn Hibban narrate from Ibn Mas'ud that the Messenger of Allah said: "There is no one from you that is affected by anguish and sorrow and says: O my Lord! I am your servand and the son of Your male servant and Your female servant. My forelock is in Your hand. I accept Your dispositions, Your judgement is just on me. I ask You by every name that You have named Yourself, or have revealed in Your book (Qur'an), or You have taught to one of Your creation, or You have kept hidden in Your knowledge, make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, the light in my chest, the removal of my sadness and of my anxiety", but Allah will remove his anxiety and sorrow and replaice it with happiness and joy".

Finally, I ask Allah to grant you and us success in this life and in the hereafter. Verily it is only Him that we worship and only His help that we seek.

And Allah knows best.

Malaikah
05-17-2007, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
and so now whenever I read that it is the only unforgivable sin and it is the biggest sin, I start to cry.
:sl:

Keep in mind that shirk is only unforgivable if you die as a mushrik. Allah forgives shirk as long as you repent while you are alive. SO get repenting inshaallah! :)

aadil77
05-17-2007, 09:26 PM
:sl:

What are the different types of shirk? give examples please

:w:

ummAbdillah
05-17-2007, 09:43 PM
:salamext:
39:53 Qul ya AAibadiya allatheena asrafoo AAala anfusihim la taqnatoo min rahmati Allahi inna Allaha yaghfiru alththunooba jameeAAan innahu huwa alghafooru alrraheemu

39:53 Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.