/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer beads

Maarya
05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
:sl:

i hav a friend (who is born muslim), and everytime anyone has a conversation with her about islam, the first couple of words are conversation and the rest are arguments. (she thinks differently to us, yet we are wrong and she is correct)

anyway, today during RE lesson we were talking about prayer beads and this friend looked at me and said "those stupid tasbee that people do and think its right but its not, its wrong" i was all...okay then

i just wanted to know what are your views on this as she thinks she is correct and everyone else is wrong.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
united
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
threres a hadith wich says that people who read tasbih on their fingers will have their fingers shine on the day of judgement. that is why people prefer to pray on their fingers (like me). but some people find it easier to use prayer beads and theres nothing wrong with that. no need to condemn and shout "innovation" and point accusing fingers like some people like to do.
in this situation there is no right and wrong. but it is better to use the fingers.

islamirama
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
“Count on your fingers, for they will be asked, and will be made to speak.”

Ruling on using the masbahah (prayer beads)

Umm Yoosuf
05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
:w:

I don't want to have close this thread like others in the past.

See this thread insha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...iscussion.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh, 'better safe than sorry'

I still don't see anything wrong in prayer beads, sorry! :o|

LOL mumii u got the spelling bug :D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-14-2007, 10:38 PM
according to a lot of 'ulama i know its ok inshaAllah.

fatimah radhiallahu anha used stones to count according to hadith.

we simply use beads.

its ok inshaAllah accordin to hanafi madhab :)

Abu Dawood and Haakim have narrated from Hadhrat Safiyya (radhiyallahu anha) that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) came to her while she had heaped infront of her 4,000 date-stones. She was reciting Tasbeeh (Zikr) with the date-stones.

The author of Mirqat (A Hadith Commentary) and the author of Raddul Mahtaar (an authoritative work o*n Hanafi Fiqh) have stated (in exposition of the aforementioned Hadith) that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) did not prohibit (Hadhrat Safiyya–radhiyallahu anha–from using date-stones to count) after noticing this.
ALLAH KNOWS BEST!

islamirama
05-15-2007, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam
Oh, 'better safe than sorry'

I still don't see anything wrong in prayer beads, sorry! :o|

LOL mumii u got the spelling bug :D
We do so many sins by hour hands. our hands will be talking on J-Day and telling what we did with them. i would aleast have them say something good also not just bad stuff about me. What the prophet *saws* told us has much wisdom in it, it's not just hearsay you can listen from one ear and out the other.

“Count on your fingers, for they will be asked, and will be made to speak.”

Ruling on using the masbahah (prayer beads)

Sis_ReNa
05-15-2007, 12:57 AM
salam wlakaum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh,
i was told it was a form of bida (innovation) but here is a fatwah about it

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...g&txt=tasbeehs

inshAllah that helps
Zakirah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (al-Liqa’ al-Maftooh, 3/30) was asked whether using the masbahah for tasbeeh is bid’ah, and his reply was:
It is better not to do tasbeeh with the masbahah, but it is not bid’ah, because there is a basis for it, which is the fact that some of the Sahaabah did tasbeeh with pebbles.

But the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught that tasbeeh with the fingers is better, as he said, ‘Count with the fingertips, for they will be made to speak.’ Doing tasbeeh with the masbahah is not haraam or bid’ah, but it is better not to do it, because the one who does tasbeeh with the masbahah has shunned something better.

Using the masbahah may also be contaminated with some element of showing off, because we see some people carrying masbahahs that contain a thousand beads, as if they are telling people, ‘Look at me, I do a thousand tasbeehs!’ Secondly, those who use the masbahah for tasbeeh are usually absent-minded and not focused, so you see them doing tasbeeh with the beads, but their gaze is wandering all over the place, which indicates that they are not really concentrating.

It is better to do tasbeeh with one’s fingers, preferably using the right hand rather than the left, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to count his tasbeeh on his right hand. If a person counts his tasbeeh using both hands, there is nothing wrong with that, but it is better to use the right hand only.”
I think this is the most balanced view.

Abdul-Raouf
05-15-2007, 01:34 AM
ORIGIN INFO
I heard that they are formally known as the "Catholic Beads" mainly manufactured in Europe and exported to Middle East........

Musalmaan
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
:sl:

the right way to put this thing is up that it is good to use your right hand doing zikr-ul-ALLAH as our prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa sallam had preferred it and it is permissible, rather sunnah, to use prayer beeds for doing zikr when prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa sallam HIMself allowed his wife, daughter and sahabah(companion) to use it, then
how can anybody of his ummah can disallow it, moreover, calling it a biddah?

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Abu Dawood and Haakim have narrated from Hadhrat Safiyya (radhiyallahu anha) that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) came to her while she had heaped infront of her 4,000 date-stones. She was reciting Tasbeeh (Zikr) with the date-stones.

The author of Mirqat (A Hadith Commentary) and the author of Raddul Mahtaar (an authoritative work o*n Hanafi Fiqh) have stated (in exposition of the aforementioned Hadith) that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) did not prohibit (Hadhrat Safiyya–radhiyallahu anha–from using date-stones to count) after noticing this.
this is called Taqreeri-Hadith (a Hadith in which Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam corroborates a statement or action of a Sahaabi / Sahaabiya by his silence). it is established in Abu Dawood, Tirmithi, Nasaai, Ibn Hibbaan and Haakim.

All the four schools of Sunni Islam allow it. The greatest hadith experts, including giants like Imam al-Nawawi, Imam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Imam Badr al-Din al-`Ayni, and others all explicitly permitted the use of prayer beads. The same applies to great Qur’anic exegetes. If these people did not understand the Qur’an and Sunna, then who did?

finally, reminding a hadith of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace):

“Beware of extremism in religion, since those before you were only destroyed by extremism.”
(Sunan Nasa’i, Musnad Ahmad and others)

north_malaysian
05-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I dont use tasbeeh in prayers.. but have zillions of it... courtesy of family and friends who went to Mecca for hajj or umra. I just keep it. :D

But ... sometime I feel very weird when looking to someone with huge tasbeeh hanging on his neck.

Umm Yoosuf
05-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatulaah

I believe the thread starters question has being answered.

Due to the amount of off topics and discussion on Hisbiyah.

thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.