/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Letter From a King

qisas
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
A Letter From a King

Qisas.com

Imagine that one day a man receives a letter from a grand king. It says

“Dear so and so, I would like you to come to my court tomorrow. Or if you can’t, then the day after tomorrow. Signed, your King”

He receives that letter and reads it. He loves the letter so much that he reads it more than once out loud. And then he puts it down and continues with his day. The following day, he picks up the letter again and he reads it out loud again in a more melodious voice “…I would like youuuuuu to coooomme to my couuurt…” and then he puts the letter down and continues with his day. Eventually, he reads the letter so many times that he even commits it to memory.

Meanwhile, the King is awaiting this man’s arrival at his court. He asks one of his courtiers to see what has kept this man. His courtier returns to the king to report that the man reads his letter every day in a very lovely melodious voice and then puts the letter down and continues with his day. Do you think the King would be pleased with this man?

Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala has revealed to us the Qur’an as guidance so that we may follow and implement its teachings through actions in our lives. Let us not be like the man who reads the letter, without implementing its contents.

-from Habib Ali’s course on Sunnipath: Journey to Allah

URL to article: http://qisas.com/stories/265

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AmarFaisal
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Mashallah Brother...We shall implement the Quran in our lives..Inshallah..May Allah Guide us

shev
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
slm,
thanks a lot. It was really nice

shev
05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I have sent the adres to my friends so that they can read those nice stories:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.