/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does a shower count as Wadhuu?

Azhir
05-16-2007, 12:54 AM
:sl: Salaam wa'alaikum

Hi, I just had a very simple question about making Wadhu. When I get home from school, i usually take a shower, then perform Dhuhr Salaat. I was wondering if my shower itself would count as wadhu or would I have to perform wadhu after coming out?

Till now I have just been making wadhu, but Insha'Allah i'd like to know the answer to this. :D

jazakAllah :thumbs_up

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha20
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
it will count aw wudhu.. if u wash/perform all the parts that u have to... in wudhu..

Talha777
05-16-2007, 01:02 AM
This is a very important question, because if wudhu is not done, than your salaat will be rendered null and void (useless). Wudhu is to be done apart from ghusl, which is also different from Western style shower.

Azhir
05-16-2007, 01:08 AM
So if im understanding correctly, If I perform wadhu in the shower, it will then inshAllah be valid. Correct?

jazakaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Azhir
05-16-2007, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
This is a very important question, because if wudhu is not done, than your salaat will be rendered null and void (useless). Wudhu is to be done apart from ghusl, which is also different from Western style shower.
Interesting, may i get some assurance on this.

JazakAllahkairun Talha. :thumbs_up

asadxyz
05-16-2007, 05:27 AM
Assalamo Alaikum
Ghusal suffices for Wadu.But you have to
Show intention (niyyat) نية
Do Massah (مسح) of the head (because it is Fardh)
Best of luck

Musalmaan
05-16-2007, 06:21 AM
:sl:

Note, that not every shower fulfill the obligatory ghusl, to make a proper ghusl(bath) there are three fardh part in it.

1.Passing water into and out of the mouth, i.e. GARGLING.
2. Putting water into the NOSTRILS.
3. Passing water over the entire body.

Note: if any of the obligatory are left out or a HAIRS BREADTH place is left dry the Ghusl will be INCOMPLETE.

When you've done the ghusl with fulfilling the above three points, then there is NO need to do wudhu again, but if you've missed one the above point then it is simple shower and not ghusl, you have to do wudhu before offering salaah.

For more of its understanding, please follow this link

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ving-wudu.html

:w:

Azhir
05-16-2007, 11:44 PM
JazakAllah, thats what I needed to know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.