/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Worst film ever.

Encolpius
05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Post here the film you may have seen that you found the biggest waste of two hours or however long it lasted, and for what reasons.

For me, I'm going to say Highlander II. The brilliance of the original Highlander was that it was constructed in such a way that making a sequel was impossible, yet Highlander II insisted on existing. Reportedly the director Russell Mulcahy walked out in protest at the premiere since he was unable to escape his contractual obligation to write and direct a sequel.

Continuity errors were rife, as were bits ripped off from Blade Runner, as in some of the general look of it with giant fans whirring in every background. Not to mention that silly sub-plot involving aliens who were exiled to Earth 50,000 years beforehand... yet in the first Highlander says he was "born in the year of our Lord 1541 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel." Oh, and despite Christopher Lee's character having carked it, he's back, somehow, since he wasn't REALLY dead... oh dear.

For the record, Highlanders III and IV are suitably odoriferous as well.

Right. Now it's your turn.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
H4RUN
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
If they were so rubbish one would not watch them in the first place:D Do your research 1st:D So i cant name many right dis moment...

Encolpius
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
If they were so rubbish one would not watch them in the first place:D Do your research 1st:D So i cant name many right dis moment...
Yes I know that but sometimes you suspect something's going to be fairly good but then it turns out to be truly awful.

H4RUN
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
^yep okay in recent times...much hyped b o r a t...this thread aint gonna last log let me tell ya fella

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I watched a film called Encolpius and I though it was boring and pointless.:D :D :D

Amadeus85
05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Terminator III,

the first part was great, the 2nd part is one of my favourite movie ever, but 3 rd part sux so much :p

Encolpius
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
I watched a film called Encolpius and I though it was boring and pointless.:D :D :D
You speak for yourself...

Aaron - Yes, T3 was a bit meh. And the T-1000 would SO trash the T-X in a fight.

tomtomsmom
05-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Babel.................that movie was simply awful. I still don't see how it won so many awards!

جوري
05-16-2007, 10:29 PM
A Russian movie called the return
http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/return_03.htm

it left me with the most awful unresolved feelings... I have a feeling this thread will end up in recylce bin-- for what it is worth the movie was completely innocuous about a father and his two sons. It was strange to start and strange to end. I actually wouldn't mind if someone else watched it and told me what they make of the character of the father? if he were trying to instill "Manhood" into his two boys, or was just simply cruel?
Anyhow.. aside from the book l'etranger by camus which was the worst book I had read, the movie echoed the same feeling in me, it
left me empty, and miserable!

jzcasejz
05-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Can't believe I watched this in the first place. Thought it was a classical martial arts film...but it wasn't too good.

The Leopard Fist Ninja:playing:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I just watched Pans Labyrinth...:X I didnt know whether to call it a fairy tale, war movie or one full of goooree, ugh +o(. It was sooo like dumb slash weird lolol. And yea this thread wont last long :p It's a Spanish movie by the way.

muzna
05-17-2007, 10:29 AM
attack of the clones...by a mile

Keltoi
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Recently, that Ben Stiller movie "A Night at the Museum" was a big let down for me. I don't watch many movies so I don't have many to choose from.

Sabbir_1
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Worst film, Idiocracy. do not watch this film. Absolutely crap, crap, crap.

Maarya
05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
:sl:

this thread is so gonna get closed :X

NobleMuslimUK
05-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Spider Man 3... Hahaha

Encolpius
05-17-2007, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
Worst film, Idiocracy. do not watch this film. Absolutely crap, crap, crap.
What's so awful about it?

Muezzin
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
I just watched Pans Labyrinth...:X I didnt know whether to call it a fairy tale, war movie or one full of goooree, ugh +o(. It was sooo like dumb slash weird lolol. And yea this thread wont last long :p It's a Spanish movie by the way.
Pan's Labyrinth is a brilliant film. It's one of my favourites.

Also, Spidey 3 ain't bad, people just have to lighten up and not take things too seriously.

Terminator 3 on the other hand was pants. Kind of fun, yeah, but... pants.

However, this forum isn't really for discussion about movies and television shows. It's a nice breezy subject for discussion, but still... really belongs in PM's, or the private forums perhaps. Even though I kind of like this thread, others like it have been closed in the past, so this one will also be closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.