/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone please translate this?

Henry
08-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Assalamu Alaikam.

I was about to recite this Durood Shareef after prayer (I just found out about Duroods last night) for Asr, but it doesn't have a translation to English. I had a dream last night, the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) came to me and said "Words are not enough." I think he was talking specifically about all of the Durood's that I will be reciting for the rest of my life, since they will have such a big impact.

Durood E Radawiyya
Sallal laahu alan nabiyil ummiyi wa aalihi sallal laahu alaihi wasallam. Salaataw was salaaman alaika ya Rasoolallah.

Thanks to everyone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mary
08-09-2005, 09:48 PM
:sl:

jus reading ur post im soo amazed by ur dream u are really fortunate.

:w:

Henry
08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Assalamu Alaikam,

Before I went to sleep last night, I was really fixated on trying to learn the Qasidah Burdah so I can recite that three times, and recite a durood shareef 1,000 times, so the Prophet Muhammad will come to me in a dream and tell me what will happen in a journy (IE: To Pakistan). It was probably just myself telling me that I need to learn what it actually means, or else it won't be nearly as good if I am just saying words that I don't understand. Anyways, thanks for all of your help.

I am well aware of the benefits of different Duroods (please, please go here to find out more, but I was asking for what each word actually ment, when translated to English. Sorry if I was confusing before :)

Safa
08-09-2005, 11:23 PM

I have the English translation for Durood E Radawiyya:

Sallal laahu alan nabiyil ummiyi wa aalihi sallal laahu alaihi wasallam. Salaataw was salaaman alaika ya Rasoolallah.

Peace be upon the Prophet Mohammad and his family, Peace on them and salutation, prayers and peace be upon you Oh Prophet Mohammad.

Hope this helps

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Before I went to sleep last night, I was really fixated on trying to learn the Qasidah Burdah
Why would you spend effort trying to learn Qasidah Burdah, a poem written by a human (Al-Busairi), when you can memorize the words of your Creator? :)

I think you should focus on learning the chapters of the Qur'an, with translation (the one you have, Hilali-Khan, is very good). That will benefit you much more.

so the Prophet Muhammad will come to me in a dream and tell me what will happen in a journy
Remember that knowledge of the future is only with Allah swt.
Related article.

Khattab
08-09-2005, 11:47 PM
:sl: Or learn Aytul Kursi (words of the Creator of course also) which has many great benefits and very easy to memorise.

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Allahu la illaha illa hu
Wal Hayyul Qayyum
La te huzuhu sinetun wala nawmun
Lahu ma fissemawati wa ma fil'ardi
Men thallathiy yeshfe'u indehu illa biznih
Ya'lemu ma beyne eydiyhim
wa ma halfehum
wa la yuhiytune
bishey'in min ilmihi
illa bima sha-a wasia kursiyyuhu semavati wal'ard
Wa la yeuduhu hifzuhuma wa hu wal aliy ul aziym

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Allah! There is no God but He,
the Living, the Self-subsisting, the Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him, nor sleep.
All things in heaven and earth are His.
Who could intercede in His presence without His permission?
He knows what appears in front of and behind His creatures.
Nor can they encompass any knowledge of Him except what he wills.
His throne extends over the heavens and the earth,
and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them,
for He is the Highest and Most Exalted.

Henry
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Assalamu Alaikam,

So any claims of anyone coming to you in a dream and telling you the future is a lie, then? Thanks for all your advice. Anyways, I didn't literally mean that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) came into my dream, I ment since I was thinking of him a lot right before I went to sleep, I drempt of him :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-10-2005, 12:35 AM
The Prophet Muhammad saws does indeed appear in dreams and this is a sign of the faith of the one asleep. One should thank Allah swt for having the wonderful opportunity to witness His Messenger in their dreams. :brother:

So any claims of anyone coming to you in a dream and telling you the future is a lie, then?
Well, there are many people who have dreams that turn out to be true, and there is nothing false about that. However, the notion of someone being imparted with knowledge of the unseen in their dreams is not in Islam.

basitisnumberone
08-10-2005, 12:35 AM
in which sahih ahadith are those 15 benefits that u mentioned, brother aqib, narrarated in?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.