/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares

*!~Faith~!*
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
:sl:
I have been having alot of nightmares lately and it gets so scary to the point I wake up shaking and not wanting to go back to sleep. Anyone know any dua's or something like that would help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
08-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Increase in taqwa, commit less sin. Go to sleep in Allah's name, and sleep not on the left hand side.

Safa
08-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Salaam,

You can recite this du'aa:

Waking Up from a Bad Dream: A'udhu bikalimaatil lahit taammaati min ghadabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri ibaadihi, wa min hamazatish shayaateeni wa an yahdurun.

I seek refuge in the Perfect Word of Allah from His anger and His punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the taunts of jinn and from their presence. [Abu Dawud 4/12]

You can also recite Ayat-ul-Kursi before you go to sleep...it will hep inshaAllah.

Wa'salaam

*!~Faith~!*
08-10-2005, 05:15 PM
JazakumAllah Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fareeha
08-10-2005, 10:35 PM
:sl:

Before going to sleep read Ayatul Kursi (as someone said before), and sleep on your right side preferably facing towards the Qibla.

When you wake up from a nightmare spit dryly three times to your left, change sides and again recite Ayatul Kursi again before going back to sleep. If you are really scared by the nightmare then perform wudhu and 2 rakah nafl salah, and seek protection of Allah SWT. Do not relate your dreams to anyone. Often shaitan sends us bad dreams to cause us grief and scare us but remember Allah SWT is our Protector = Al-Muhaymin.

Do not worry about going to sleep, as sleep is important for our body to rest and regenerate and enable us to have the energy to perform our daily tasks, and espicially in order to fulfil our obligations of salah etc.

I pray this helps inshaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.