/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Views Of Yazid Ibn Muawiyah....

chacha_jalebi
05-18-2007, 09:16 PM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

i would just like to be a bit nosey :p and ask what are peoples views of Yazid Ibn Muawiyah and also what have scholars of the past said, because people like my uncle says hes a enemy of islam no matter what, and ive always held the view that "am i bovvad :p Allah (swt) will judge"

a view i read when i was flickin through sahih bukhari...

was about Abdullah Ibn Umar (ra) saying "if anyone tries to dethrone Yazid, he is seperate from me, the hadiths is too long to write up lol but its in book number 88 - afflictions and end of the world

and another when off wikipedia

Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari records under the year A.H. 49 (February 9, 669-January 1, 670) during the reign of Muawiya I, a number of forces, including one under Yazid struck at Constantinople. This First Arab siege of Constantinople was a naval assault lasting through the years 670-677. Abu Ayyub al-Ansari was also among the notables accompanying Yazid. This journey marks an important event in the life of young Yazid (27 at that time), as he became one promised paradise according to one Hadith.

They relate that 'Umair bin Al-Aswad Al-Anasi told him that he went to 'Ubada bin As-Samit while he was staying in his house at the sea-shore of Him with (his wife) Um Haram. 'Umair said. Um Haram informed us that she heard Muhammad saying, "Paradise is granted to the first batch of my followers who will undertake a naval expedition." Um Haram added, I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Will I be amongst them?' He replied, 'You are amongst them.' Muhammad then said, 'The first army amongst' my followers who will invade Caesar's City will be forgiven their sins.' I asked, 'Will I be one of them, O Allah's Apostle?' He replied in the negative." Volume 4, Book 52, Number 175 Narrated Khalid bin Madan

Al-Tabari under A.H. 51 (January 18, 671-January 7, 672) states that Yazid was the one who led the pilgrimage that year. There is a disagreement in al-Tabari's sources as to whether Mu'awiyah or Yazid led the pilgrimage in the preceeding year.
this post may seem un beneficial lol, but everyone has their view and its interestin what peoples views are regardin certain thins :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
erm no one :mmokay:

- Qatada -
05-23-2007, 05:17 PM
:salamext:

We shouldn't really have said about him since that can lead to backbiting.. i think there was someone from the past who was asked, what do you think of Yazid? And he said that he was a good poet.

Why? Out of fear that he would backbite, and the believers find excuses instead of faults. And Allaah knows best.

But about the army thing to Constantinople, subhan Allaah i was shocked about that.. i never knew that. :)

Oh yeah, someone already asked this in the past:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...-good-bad.html

And a mod told me i had to close it so u can check that thread instead insha Allaah.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.