/* */

PDA

View Full Version : subhanallah Pregnant US Muslim Woman Racially Harassed

sonz
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
astagifurlah im shocked

they harrased pregnant muslim woman these pigs

this is her photo

WASHINGTON, August 10, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – A leading US Muslim civil liberties group called on US security agencies to investigate an assault against a pregnant Muslim woman by a group of men shouting anti-Muslim slogans.

“We believe these types of incidents are the direct result of the growing level of virulent anti-Muslim rhetoric Americans are exposed to on the Internet, in newspaper editorial pages and on radio talk shows,” said Ibrahim Hooper, director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) Communications.

Mary Anne Coldia, a 23-year-old Muslim woman who is 8 months pregnant, was attacked by three white men in a pick-up truck in Arlington, Va., Tuesday, August 9, while she was going for her morning walk, CAIR said in a statement, a copy of which was e-mailed to IslamOnline.net.

The three men began to scream anti-Muslim and racist slurs at the Muslim woman, who is of African origin.

“You terrorist b*tch, go back to your country. . .You n*gger b*tch.”

As the Muslim woman continued walking down the street, one of the men, who was wearing military-style clothing, jumped out of the truck, walking in front of her and pushed her around before getting back into the truck.

“You terrorist b*tch. . . We're going to kick your a*s. . . you're nothing,” the man shouted.

"The other two guys they were just laughing and screaming at the top of their lungs like it was a joke, and then they just sped off down the street," Coldia said.

Coldia, who was born in California and raised in Lowa, embraced Islam about five years ago.

Some 35 percent to 40 percent of US Muslims are African Americans, 25 percent are South Asians and 15 percent are Arabs, according to the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC).

"Hate-Crime"

The US Muslim advocacy group said the law enforcement should treat the assault against the Muslim woman as a hate-crime.

"Sometimes when local law enforcement authorities get these kinds of reports, they can fall through the cracks," Hooper said.

"It's treated as a simple assault or it's not viewed with the seriousness of a hate crime. We want to focus the attention of both the Arlington police and the FBI on this incident."

A recent report released by CAIR on May 11, showed that anti-Muslim hate-crimes, discrimination and harassment in the United States have increased by half over the past year.

A Washington, D.C. radio talk show host was recently suspended without pay for repeatedly claiming that “Islam is a terrorist organization,” Hooper said.

“Our nation's political and religious leaders must begin to challenge Islamophobic hate-mongers.”

The Muslim minority in the US came under scrutiny as never before after the September 11 attacks in 2001.

A May 2004 report released by the US Senate Office Of Research concluded that Arab Americans and the Muslim minority have taken the brunt of the Patriot Act and other federal powers applied in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

Amnesty International said that racial profiling by US law enforcement agencies had grown over the past years to cover one in nine Americans, mostly targeting Muslims.

CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties group, with 30 offices and
chapters nationwide and in Canada.

http://www.cair-net.org/default.asp?...693&theType=NR
http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle01.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
libyanhero
08-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Subhannallah this is a world of transgression and is she married if so her husband should be with her no matter what and not divorce her, Allah is testing us to see how many of us are merciful and how many are transgressors for allah said "he who does not show mercy isnt shown mercy from the lord"

Halima
08-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Subhanallah that's sad

please brother Sonz, make sure that you attack the situation and not the people, althought i know that it is very hard not to. I myself had to refrain from calling them virocious names.

sonz
08-11-2005, 08:40 AM
salam

whats wrong with attacking the people who attacked her

they are pigs and racists and islamophboic

i did not call everyone pigs but only those who attacked her

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
08-11-2005, 09:19 AM
:sl:
Erm, why did you say subhanallah? surely, astaghfirullah would have been a better word, no?

sonz
08-11-2005, 09:28 AM
sorry but i was in shock :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Zuko
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Salaam,

OMG, that's soo bad.... May Allah reward her for the pain she went through...

Salaam

Ummu Amatullah
08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Can you just imagine the pain.Ouch!!!.May Allah punish the pigs ( as sonz refered to them)that made this women go through that much pain.Only if they knew how painful it must have been.When they're losing a war they go around torturing civilians and when they're winning a war they think them selves self-sufficient.They say Islam oppresses women at least muslim men are not the ones going around beating on pregnant females.Ouch!!!sorry still imagining the pain ouch!!!...ouch!!!!....ouch!!! and for my last one ouch!!!

aamirsaab
08-11-2005, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
A May 2004 report released by the US Senate Office Of Research concluded that Arab Americans and the Muslim minority have taken the brunt of the Patriot Act and other federal powers applied in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
Hmm, i wonder why that is?
:w:

Halima
08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Erm, why did you say subhanallah? surely, astaghfirullah would have been a better word, no?

:applaud:

Far7an
08-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Assalamu alaikum

There was nothing wrong with saying Subhanallah in this context, it can be used in both situations.

barakallahu feekum

wasalamu alaikum.

aamirsaab
08-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Ok, but i have alwayes been under the impression that subhanallah meant thank allah. Thus, i was a little confused as to why the brother posted subhanallah. I thought astaghfirullah would have been more appropriate considering it is said when a negative action is done. Oh well.

Far7an
08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Not at all brother...

Subhanallah means Glory be to Allah

Alhamdulillah means Praise be to Allah

aamirsaab
08-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Jazakallah for correcting me bro :). I guess you do learn something new every day, huh :)

Ummu Amatullah
08-12-2005, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

May Allaah most gracous ease the pain of this women, ameen.

Ameen to that to.Bro Aaamirsab like bro Farhan said there's not really a difference between Alhamdullilah and subhanallah.

Muezzin
08-12-2005, 07:53 PM

The people who did such things to her are scum and deserve to be smacked a good few times with a rusty shovel.

Zuko
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

The people who did such things to her are scum and deserve to be smacked a good few times with a rusty shovel.

I agree...

Ummu Amatullah
08-12-2005, 07:56 PM

;D ;D ;D yeah!!! could say the same for you.*No offence*

Muezzin
08-12-2005, 07:57 PM

I'm being deadly serious by the way. I also hope that when said rusted metal slices their fleshy behinds, that they have not had tetanus jabs. That'll show 'em.

Bittersteel
08-12-2005, 07:59 PM
^

does anyone know how she is?

Muezzin
08-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Well, from the photo she looks like a pretty tough sister. She's a trooper, man. And she told the police, which in and of itself takes courage in situations like this.

Bittersteel
08-12-2005, 08:42 PM
a trooper?

Ummu Amatullah
08-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I was wondering did she miscarry?

Uthman
08-12-2005, 09:14 PM

I second that. May Allah Guide them.

aamirsaab
08-12-2005, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Ameen to that to.Bro Aaamirsab like bro Farhan said there's not really a difference between Alhamdullilah and subhanallah.
Sister, i said astaghfirullah would have been a better word rather than subhanallah.

Ummu Amatullah
08-13-2005, 12:53 PM

Sister, i said astaghfirullah would have been a better word rather than subhanallah.
Hey don't blame a sista.I'm a human aren't I?Or am I?ahh....*shrug*

Muezzin
08-14-2005, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
a trooper?
It's a figure of speech. I meant that she seems like a strong person.

afriend2
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
that is truly horrible, and Allah knows best. we ourselves can be involved, but us muslims wont act in a way that makes us no different of that to an animal. we will come out of this the better.

;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.