/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Momma

ScoobyGurl
05-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Why do people find these jokes to be funny? In essence you're insulting someone mother's yet Americans tend to find these jokes funny. I've never been able to figure out the appeal of these jokes. :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
its just a joke, but its best jus makin insults with each other:D

H4RUN
05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
:sl:
I thinks in some societies we have the 'yo mama' joke spitters mainly because it makes them feel good. The more the people in the crowd laugh, the more they'll continue...
A popularity thing, it appeals to them, firstly because they're livin' life in an arrogant manner in some ways or another. And what comes out of their mouths doesn't really matter to them....Secondly if its a feud between two, dissing each other, i presume the mother is just used because you're close to your mother by relation...So their aim could be to hurt ones feelings by insulting what matters in ones life.... well something like tat :p

Oh and it's said so widespread in some places that it doesnt really have the same affect as it did before...
:w:

H4RUN
05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
its just a joke, but its best jus makin insults with each other:D
speaks the chav, need i say mo'...YA mamma! Is your mamma:D:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Yo mama is so fat when I layed back on her stomach i rolled twce and I was still in the middle

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... gotta love American humour.

*cough*

Woodrow
05-19-2007, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ScoobyGurl
Why do people find these jokes to be funny? In essence you're insulting someone mother's yet Americans tend to find these jokes funny. I've never been able to figure out the appeal of these jokes. :?
It seems to be only a very small sub-culture that finds them humerous. It is similar to the "Gangsta" mentality that is now gaining grounds among many young people world wide. Outward exression of dislike towards any established values.

Sort of like the attitude of that instead of gaining intelligence and values, just learn to shock everybody and feel that you are superior because other people are shocked by your words. If you don't have the intelligence to use knowledge, substitute garbage for wisdom.

No most people do not feel those types of jokes are funny and those who do think they are funny seem to be just following along with peer pressure.

chacha_jalebi
05-19-2007, 06:43 PM
instead of sayin ur mum say ur so..

there is a hadiths that says ppl that cuss others parent are infact cussin their own parents, because when they cuss sum1s parents that person wil cuss theirs

so if you have to cuss, do it with each other:D

H4RUN
05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
instead of sayin ur mum say ur so..

there is a hadiths that says ppl that cuss others parent are infact cussin their own parents, because when they cuss sum1s parents that person wil cuss theirs

so if you have to cuss, do it with each other:D

lol typical! Getting even more personal..and try not 2 start a feud on dis thread ma lad lol
:w:

ScoobyGurl
05-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I do agree they're rather childish. I would expect children to say these jokes. It's when adults say them that I become baffled. I don't know if any of you have ever seen that MTV show "Yo Momma" but they spend the whole show doing "yo momma" quips and the audience cracks up.

Some of them were clever I admit but they were all insulting.

England
05-19-2007, 06:52 PM
It's stupid. Most of the people using these jokes have never even seen their mums. I remember once when someone insulted another person's mum and that person basically said "my mum's dead." It was a lie but the guilt on that guy's face lol.

- Qatada -
05-19-2007, 06:52 PM
:salamext:

Muslim reports that Ali bin Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him) said:

"Allah's Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) informed me about four Judgments (of Allah):

(1) Allah's curse is upon the one who slaughters (devoting his
sacrifice) to anything other than Allah;

(2) Allah's curse is upon the one who curses his own parents;

(3) Allah's curse is upon the one who shelters an heretic (who has brought a Bid'ah in religion);

(4) Allah's curse is upon the one who alters the landmarks (who changes boundary lines)."

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."

[Sahih Al Bukhari]

wilberhum
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I’m always amazed by people who look for reasons not to laugh.

Laughter is the best medicinal.
[PIE]Get a life.[/PIE]

Laugh!

Keltoi
05-19-2007, 08:26 PM
It's only insulting if it is meant to be taken literally as an insult. In most of the "yo mama" duels, both parties know that the insults aren't intended to be taken literally.

Encolpius
05-19-2007, 09:32 PM
What I find most irritating about the Yo Momma jokes is that most of them are entirely unoriginal, and about as funny as being beaten half to death with a tax bill.

"Yo momma's so fat her family portrait was taken by Voyager 2!"

This is not funny or incisive, because it was probably lifted from somewhere else and we've all heard it before. And it generally has no relevance to the topic in question. This makes it just tiresome, and the sort of people who use such insults are probably the same sort for whom conceiving an indepentent thought is to risk a brain haemorrhage.

They could at least try to be original...

Rhubarb Tart
05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I used to find it kind of funny back in the days! These jokes are soo out of date, I dont even know why I found them funny in the frist place!:rollseyes

Here a comebacks.....................then you say I'm sorry, I shouldn't talk about Yo mama, 'cause I don't even know the man.

aadil77
05-19-2007, 09:57 PM
The jokes are just basically to laugh at everyone knows yr not directly insulting anyones mum, most people haven't even seem the others mum.

heres some that i found funny:

'your mammas so ugly she makes onions cry' !!!!!!:D
'your mammas so poor she can't afford to pay attention!'
'your mammas so stupid when she went the cinema she asked - wheres the remote?'!!!
'Your mammas so stupid she sold her car to get money for fuel'!!

sorry just had to share these

Prisca
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
The jokes are just basically to laugh at everyone knows yr not directly insulting anyones mum, most people haven't even seem the others mum.

heres some that i found funny:

'your mammas so ugly she makes onions cry' !!!!!!:D
'your mammas so poor she can't afford to pay attention!'
'your mammas so stupid when she went the cinema she asked - wheres the remote?'!!!
'Your mammas so stupid she sold her car to get money for fuel'!!

sorry just had to share these
ROFLMAO!!!hahahahaha
Man I hate those jokes, but they are just killer funny!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.