/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need a serious and logical answer? Use of Pirated Softwares?

hateful
05-19-2007, 06:50 PM
:sl:
I describe my problem here and hope some one reply me properly after research

The First thing i am a computer field person do all kind of workds, analysis,database design, webdesign, make desktop applications whtever ,,,
my erning my life depends on computer field its my profession.

the problem is that
i always use pirated and cracked software of every thing like Windows, Microsoft development softwares, graphics software etc etc. i use 100 percent cracked fully functional softwares without paying a single penny.

some softwares are available in my local market as there is no copy right law in my country
seconldy all softwares are available on internet on sharing like P2p as softwares on limewire,emule etc.
i use pirated softwares. i cant purchase orignal softwares and books as they are very costly according to my country currency. i am not much rich. they are of 1000 dollars some times of 5000 dollars etc.
My question is that if i use the pirated softwares of non-muslims is the income i get from it is it consider Halal or is it consider Haram ? is it correct for me.
Some One Told me that the non-muslim countries are on war with muslims, they are killing number of muslims making lot of plans against mulsims. we can use their software in any way as a spoils of war? if we pay them actulley we make their economy strong.
as they making money doing wrong with muslims why cant we do wrong with them.
secondly why i pay to them? when every body mostly 90 percent people use priated software wht beneifit i get to pay money its simple unjustice.
simply its cracking for me i am confuse wht i have to do i stop working now due to this question.
if there is no restriction on this i can build big projects big things lot of stuff. i can update with new technologies very rapidly. as other people with pirated stuff. so kindly guide me with right direction.
i konw the scholers always give fatwa dont do this dont do this and always purchase software or pay to them.
i need a logical and islamic answer that can convince me.:raging: :enough!:

thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
madeenahsh
05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Asalam alaikum

I would recommand you to go to this site and ask the Brother and bidhinillaah you shall get a beneficial and authentic answer .

http://understand-islam.net
and also this site http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2573

BarakAllaah feekum
wa-salam alaikum

vpb
05-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Question
As-Salamu `alaykum wa Rahmatu Allah wa Barakatuh. In America, it is very common for people to copy CDs and then sell them or give them away. Is it haram or unlawful to buy these CDs that have been copied? Is it permissible in Islam?

Wa`alykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we commend your pursuit of knowledge and earnestly implore Allah to bless your efforts in this honorable way.

Responding to the question, the Permanent Fatwa Committee, headed by late Sheikh `Abd Al-`Azeez Ibn Baz (may Allah bless his soul), pointed out that it is forbidden to make copies of programs if their owners do not permit doing so without their prior permission. The following Hadiths verify this view:

"Muslims should abide by their stipulations."

"A Muslim's property is not permitted (to be taken by others) without his consent."

"Whoever precedes others in gaining a Halal (lawful) thing, will be more entitled to own it (than others)."

This is applicable whether the owner of these programs is a Muslim or a non-Muslim (who is not at war with Muslims, for the property of the non-fighting unbelievers are to be protected in the same way as that of Muslims).

Moreover, his eminence Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Salih Al-`Uthaymeen (may Allah bless his soul) said that “this question should be judged according to the custom of the people. However, if a person wants to make a copy for his personal use and the owner of these programs does not express objection for doing so, then there is nothing wrong. In contrast, if the owner of these programs expresses his objection to copying for personal and public use, then making copies of them is unlawful.”

Shedding more light on the issue, Dr. Mahmoud `Akam, professor at the Faculty of law and Education in Halab, declares that “copyright is like money, which no one is permitted to take except through Shari`ah-based contracts. This is the case whether the owner of these programs is a Muslim or non-Muslim individual, or a Muslim or non-Muslim state. However, if a non-Muslim state is engaged in fighting Muslims, it is permissible to take their property as spoils of war.

This stance is based on the following Qur'anic verses:
"O ye who believe! Fulfil your undertakings." (Al-Ma'idah: 1)

“Wring not mankind in their goods.” (Ash-Shu`ra’: 183)

“O ye who believe! Betray not Allah and His messenger, nor knowingly betray your trusts." (Al-Anfal: 27)

Likewise, the following Hadiths support this stance:

"(Keep and) pay back the trusts of those who entrust you."

"The true believer is the one from whom Muslims are safe regarding their blood and property."

As for copying computer programs for educational purposes, it is permissible in case of necessity, i.e., if it is difficult to obtain an original copy of this program or its price is too expensive. This is in accordance with the following Qur'anic verses:

“Unless ye are compelled thereto.” (Al-An`am: 119)

“But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (Al-Baqarah: 173)

Finally, the above-mentioned legal rulings extend, by virtue of analogical deduction qiyas, to making copies of CDs and all similar items.”

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to write back!

May Allah guide you to the straight path, and guide you to that which pleases Him, Amen.

Allah Almighty knows best.

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543972

vpb
05-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Question What does Islam say about buying copied computer CDs that have "copy rights on them". As a buyer is s/he considered as stealing? Even though I'm paying for it? afedona afadakom allah :)

Answer Bismillah,

Transactions and trade have taken new and well sophisticated forms with time, but the principles of Islam regarding the transactions and other forms of trade will never change such as the prohibition of selling something or buying something that does not belong to you. Therefore, "copyrights" phenomenon comes under the latter topic.

Imagine also that you have a company of, let's say, computer CDs that has "copy rights on them", and people do copy and pirate your CD. I do not think that you will accept that. Wallahu A'lam. Wassalam.

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=m1x466

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
05-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Question
What's the Islamic ruling regarding copyright "terms and conditions"? In such terms they say that any dispute will be referred to kufar courts, what can we do? Almost every CD we buy from these countries has similar terms and conditions.

Answer In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Thank you for your question.

Islam respects both the private and the public ownership. Islam prohibits any violation against people’s rights, whether material or intellectual. Therefore, it does not allow that the efforts of others be taken away from them or be exploited without their consent.

Islam does not make any difference whether the copyright contract is made between Muslims themselves or between Muslims and non-Muslims. Such CDs should be used according to the terms of agreement or what is customarily accepted as a common custom among the people of that business.

You can also read:

Copying CDs & Computer Programs that Have Copyrights

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=4iux3z

vpb
05-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Question:
What is the ruling on copying computer programs?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. If the owners and inventors of the program have stated that it is copyrighted, and that is not permitted to make copies of it for personal or public use, then the basic principle is that this condition of theirs should be fulfilled, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Muslims are bound by their conditions.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (3594) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Irwa’ (1303).
See: Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (13/188).
This is supported by the fact that copyright of writings, inventions and products, and other tangible and intangible rights, are guaranteed and it is not permissible to transgress against them without the permission of the owners. That includes tapes, disks and books.
The Islamic Fiqh Council has issued a statement with regard to intangible rights in which it says:
Firstly:
Trade names, trademarks, copyright and patents are all rights which belong exclusively to their owners. In modern times they have come to have a considerable financial value. These rights are recognized according to sharee’ah, and they should not be violated.
Thirdly:
Copyright and patents are protected by sharee’ah. Their owners have the right to dispose of them and nobody has the right to violate these rights.
End quote.
Undoubtedly those who produce tapes and disks have put time, effort and money into producing them, and there is nothing in sharee’ah to prevent them from taking the profit that results from this work. The one who transgresses against their rights is wronging them and consuming their wealth unlawfully.
Moreover, if it were permitted to transgress against these rights, these companies would stop producing and inventing things because it would bring them no profit, and they may end up being unable to pay their employees. Undoubtedly if this work were to cease, people would be deprived of a lot of good, so it is appropriate that the scholars have issued fatwas stating that it is haraam to transgress against these rights.
Secondly:
If there is no statement that it is not allowed to make personal copies, then it is permissible to make copies for personal use, but not for profit.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen said concerning this issue:
This should be dealt with according to custom. If a person wants to make a copy for himself and the one who initially wrote it did not state that it is not allowed to make personal or public copies, then I hope that there is nothing wrong with that. But if the person who initially wrote it stated that it is not permitted to make personal or public copies, then it is not permissible at all. End quote.
See also the answer to question no. 454.
Thirdly:
What we have mentioned in either case is the general ruling with regard to principles. But there may be some cases in which it is permissible to make copies without permission of the owners. That applies in two cases:
1 – If it is not available in the marketplace and one needs it, and the copies are for personal use or charitable distribution, and they not going to be sold or profited from.
2 – If there is a great need for it and the owners are demanding more for it than it is worth, and they have already made enough money to cover their costs with a reasonable amount of profit, and that is something to be decided by experts. In that case it is permissible to copy it for personal use, not with the aim of selling it.
From this we may derive the ruling on:
1- Copying nasheeds from the original recording and compiling them on one tape:
There is nothing wrong with this because the creators of the tape did not state that it is not allowed to make personal copies, rather they stated that their rights are protected. This is based on the fact that it is not allowed to make copies for sale, or to do things that will adversely affect them, such as making copies for public distribution, As for copies for personal use, that does not come under this heading.
The Standing Committee was asked: Is it permissible for me to make a tape from other tapes and sell it, without asking permission from the owners for that, or if the owner is no longer living, from the publishing house that published it? Is it permissible for me to copy a book and make a lot of copies and sell them? Is it permissible for me to make a copy of a book and not sell it, rather keep it for myself? These books that carry the message “all rights reserved” – should I ask for permission or not?
They replied: There is no reason why you should not record useful tapes and sell them, and copy books and sell them, because that is helping to spread knowledge, unless the owners have stated that this is not allowed, in which case it is essential to have their permission. End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (13/187).
2 – Downloading programs from websites to bulletin boards
If the website allows users to download programs and use them for free, there is nothing wrong with you downloading them and putting them ion bulletin boards or keeping them for yourself.
But if it is not allowed to download them, or it is allowed to download a copy to try it, then it is not permissible to transgress against their rights, by violating this protection or looking for so-called cracks and secret numbers and so on, because there is no difference between putting the program on one’s site or on a disk. What the scholars have said about respecting rights and adhering to conditions applies in both cases, and the same exceptions apply here as in the first case.
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

vpb
05-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Question:
I would like to open a shop for repairing computers. It is well known that there are copied disks for the operating system to be installed on the computers. Is it permissible to use these disks to install them on customers’ computers after setting them up? Is the money earned in return for that regarded as halaal or haraam?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. It is not permissible to make copies of disks without the permission of their authors, because of copyright. This is a valid right and it is not permissible to transgress it, in accordance with the conditions drawn up by both parties.
It says in the fatwas of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas, led by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz: It is not permissible to make copies of programs for which the authors have not allowed copying, except with their permission, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Muslims are bound by their conditions.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A Muslims’ wealth is not permissible unless he gives it willingly.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever reaches a permissible thing first, he has more right to it.” This applies whether the author of this program is a Muslim or a kaafir who is not in a state of war with the Muslims, because the rights of a kaafir who is not in state of war with the Muslims are to be respected like the rights of a Muslim. And Allaah knows best. End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said the following with regard to this matter:
This is to be based on what is known practice (al-‘urf). If a person wants to make a copy for himself and the original author of the program did not state that it is not allowed to make copies for personal or public use, then I hope that there is nothing wrong with it, but if the original author of the program stated that it is not allowed to make copies for personal or public use, then it is not permitted at all. End quote.
Based on that, it is not permissible to copy the disks for operating systems etc, so long as the author has not given permission for that.
But if these disks belong to a company in a state that is at war against the Muslims, there is nothing wrong with copying them.
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

vpb
05-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I hope these fatwas answer your question.

P.S I don't want to hold any responsebility to Allah swt if the fatwas are not correct. I'm just copy/pasting them.

hateful
05-20-2007, 05:42 AM
its very sad thing that all you people just copy paste the fatwas from various sites and put it here. what you think is i dont read them before coming to this site and putting question here?

if some one has knowledge please clear this point then i put further points that i need to clarify
However, if a non-Muslim state is engaged in fighting Muslims, it is permissible to take their property as spoils of war.

wilberhum
05-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Pirating is theft. :raging: No religion justifies theft. :?
As a computer professional, how would you feel it someone stole your development instead of paying you for it. :skeleton:

hateful
05-20-2007, 08:54 AM
i am not saying that pirating is not a theft. i wana say this point that the people who are killing bundle of muslims and shedding their blood like america and others israeal. they are killing innocent muslims. then y we pay to their people and make their economy more strong. y not we give them a big loss.
rather than to paying them.
every body here just saying dont use pirate dont use pirate. i say y not use pirate. when i am getting it free of cost whts problem that i dont use it and wht beneifit i get to pay. and pay to that people who are muslim eneimies hah.
if its some muslim product i really agree that i had to respects its copyright laws and other things.

hateful
05-20-2007, 08:58 AM
It is Jihad to liberate the Islamic lands from those who attack or conquer them. These are enemies of Islam. This Jihad is an absolute obligation and a sacred duty; firstly on the people of that land. If the Muslims of that land can't offer sufficientresistance, then Muslims of neighboring countries are obliged to assist. If this is still not sufficient then all the Muslims of the world must assist.

Palestine is the land of the first Qiblah of the Muslims, the land of Isra' and Mi`raj, the land of Al-Aqsa and the blessed territory. The conquerors are those with the greatest enmity to the believers, and they are supported by the strongest state on earth - the USA, and by the world Jewish community.

Jihad is obligatory against those who take land and expel the inhabitants, spill the blood, violate the honor, destroy thehouses, burn the fields, and corrupt the land. Jihad is the first obligation of all obligations, and the first duty of the Ummah. Muslims are commanded to do this, first those from the land in question, after that their neighbors, and finally all Muslims. We must all be united against the aggressors. We are united in Islam, including unity of belief in the Shari`ah, unity of belief in the Qiblah, and also united in pain and hope. As Allah Almighty says: "Verily this Ummah of yours is one Ummah." (Qur'an, 21:92). Allah Almighty also says: "Surely the believers are a single brotherhood." (Qur'an, 49:10). There is a Hadith of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, that states: "The Muslim is the brother to the Muslim, he can't oppress him, he can't give him up, he can't let him down." [Transmitted by Muslim].

Now we see our brothers and children in Al-Aqsa and the blessed land of Palestine generously sacrificing their blood, giving their souls willingly in the way of Allah. All Muslims must help them with whatever power they have. (See the Noble Qur'an, 8:72).

If people ask in the name of religion we must help them. The vehicle of this support is a complete boycott of the enemies' goods. Each riyal, dirham …etc. used to buy their goods eventually becomes bullets to be fired at the hearts of brothers and children in Palestine. For this reason, it is an obligation not to help them (the enemies of Islam) by buying their goods. To buy their goods is to support tyranny, oppression and aggression. Buying goods from them will strengthen them; our duty is to make them as weak as we can. Our obligation is to strengthen our resisting brothers in the Sacred Land as much as we can. If we cannot strengthen the brothers, we have a duty to make the enemy weak. If their weakness cannot be achieved except by boycott, we must boycott them.

American goods, exactly like "Israeli" goods, are forbidden. It is also forbidden to advertise these goods. America today is a second Israel. It totally supports the Zionist entity. The usurper could not do this without the support of America. "Israel's" unjustified destruction and vandalism of everything has been using American money, American weapons, and the American veto. America has done this for decades without suffering the consequences of any punishment or protests about their oppressive and prejudiced position from the Islamic world.

The time has come for the Islamic Ummah to say "NO" to America, "NO" to its companies, and "NO" to its goods, which swamp our markets. We are eating, drinking, wearing and riding whatever America produces.

`Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "You have three enemies; your enemy, the friend of your enemy, and the enemy of your friend". The USA today is more than friends to our enemy; they would destroy themselves for Israel. The world wide Muslim Ummah numbering 1.3 billion, could cause pain to the USA and its companies by boycotting them. This is an obligation of our religion, and the way of Allah. Every Muslim that buys "Israeli" or American goods, when there is an alternative from other countries is committing a haram act. They are clearly committing a major sin, which is a crime against Allah's law, which invokes punishment from Allah, and the contempt of the people.

Our brothers in "Israel" and America are forced to deal with them and buy their products. Allah does not ask you to do what you can't do; only what you can.

Allah says: "Fear Allah as much as you are able." (Qur'an, 64:16).

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "If I order you to do something, do however much you can". Muslims in America must work with companies who are least hostile to Muslims, least allied to the Zionists. Boycott Zionist companies as much as you can.

Arabs and Muslims must boycott all companies that are biased towards Zionism and support Israel, whatever the national origin of that company (e.g. Marks and Spencer), and anyone like this who supports the Zionists and helps the "Israeli" state. The boycott is a very sharp weapon, used in the past and recently. It was used by the pagans in Makkah against the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, and his companions. It caused great harm to them; they even had to eat leaves. It was also used by companions of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, to fight against the pagans in Madinah. In recent times we saw nations use boycotts in their struggle for the liberation from colonialism. A famous example is Gandhi who asked the vast Indian nation to boycott English goods, which was very effective. A boycott is in the hands of the nation and masses alone. Governments can't force people to buy goods from a particular country. Let us use this weapon to resist our national and religious enemy, and make them know we are still alive, and that this Ummah will not die, God willing. The boycott has many different effects; it renews the education of the Ummah in how to liberate themselves from enslavement to other people's taste. They encourage us to be addicted to these things of no benefit, indeed they cause us harm. The boycott is a demonstration of Muslim brotherhood and unity of the Ummah. It is our duty to say we are not going to betray our brothers, who make sacrifices every day. We will not participate in making profits for our enemy. This boycott is a lesser resistance, which will help the greater resistance carried out by our brothers in the land of Messengers, and the fortified frontier of Jihad. If every Jew in the world thinks himself a soldier, supporting Israel as much as he can, surely every Muslim using his very soul and wealth is a soldier to liberate Al-Aqsa. The least [the Muslim] can do is boycott his [the enemies'] goods. Allah says: "Oh you who believe, you are protectors of each other. If you don't do this there will be great division and corruption."

If the consumer buying Jewish or American goods is committing a major sin, surely the merchant buying these goods and acting as an agent is the greatest sinner. Even if the company works under a different name, they know they are deceiving people. The Muslim Ummah all over the world is being asked to demonstrate its existence, and show its desire to protect what is sacrosanct. The Islamic Ummah must know who are its allies, and who are its enemies. The Ummah is forbidden to give in to weakness, and depression, and accept the tyrannical peace, which the Zionists want to impose.

Allah says: "Don't be humiliated and ask for peace, while you are on the Uppermost and Allah is with you." [Qur'an, 47:35]. Our sisters and daughters, who control the houses, have a role to play in this matter, which may be more important than the role of the man, because women supervise the needs of the house, and buy what must go inside the house. She is on hand to guide the boys and girls. She plants the Jihadic spirit in the children, and educates them in what they must do for their Ummah and its causes, and what they must do to the Ummah's enemies, especially in the area of boycott. When the children understand this they will carry on the boycott enthusiastically, and later will lead the parents.

I ask all the believers in Allah, Christians and others, and all the free and noble people in the world to stand beside us, and support the right and truth against falsehood, and justice against injustice. Help to victory the weak, who are being killed every day in the way of Allah, protecting the Noble Sanctuary.

Also, I request the workers of the Arab and Muslim countries around the world to support the Palestinians in the their just cause, and show their anger by demonstrating against the powerful tyrants, by disturbing their businesses as much as they can. Finally I ask the wise, reasonable and experienced in every country to organize cells to build a boycott, to create alternatives and avoid the negative things, and carry on educating the masses, until the word of truth is raised up and falsehood is destroyed. Surely it will perish.

"Say 'work', surely Allah will see your work and His Messenger and the believers, you will return to the Unseen world and witness, and you will know what you were doing."

"This Fatwa is based on the proofs of the Book and Sunnah and Consensus of the Ummah." Allah Almighty knows best. Source: IslamOnline.net

i think from the above discussions what i understand that if we are using pirated things from non-muslims countries there is no problem in it rather to make them more strong its a way to weak them and there is no problem in it.
if u poeple still asked to paying them of their products thats a rubish as i think.
if u have some thing then logically tell me rather to say its haram its such and such.
:raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :enough!:

hateful
05-20-2007, 09:00 AM
i thnk if some body crack my software then its his right to use it as he works hard to crack it. i dont have any problem in it.

wilberhum
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hateful
i thnk if some body crack my software then its his right to use it as he works hard to crack it. i dont have any problem in it.
I see how valueless you conceder your work. :skeleton:
Look hard enough you will find an excuse to justify what you want to do in the first place.
Especially if you think the end justifies the end. :?

hateful
05-24-2007, 05:37 PM
simply i dont have any problem if some one work hard to get crack any software. i dont have any blame if i sell my thing to some one its his right to do whtever he wants as i dont stop him to do. its like as you sell some one a car and asked him that your brother cant use it. you cant restrict any body any way.

madeenahsh
05-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Asalam alaikum

I would recommand you to go to this site and ask the Brother and bidhinillaah you shall get a beneficial and authentic answer .

http://understand-islam.net
and also this site http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2573

BarakAllaah feekum
wa-salam alaikum

madeenahsh
05-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Asallam alaikum

This group is very beneficial you may also try to ask your question inshaa'allaah.
quranwasunnah-owner@yahoogroups.com

wa-salaam alaikum

Alim Apprentice
12-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Salams brother Hateful. From your worldview, you believe that using cracked and pirated software would do harm to the West, so it is justified to you. Why not simply NOT use them in the first place? Theres no need to steep so low to "steal" their software to prove a point. Besides, you probably use cracked programs for your own benefit!

I suggest you stick to Open Source software.. you can't go wrong there. It should satisfy your conscience. You many get away scott free with downloading pirated software now, but ALL of us are still answerable to Allah (SWT) at the end.

m102313
12-16-2007, 10:17 AM

I am also a web designer/developer, what i do is, i download a cracked version of the software to test if everything is okay or not and what kind of functions there are. If i like it, i purchase the software from the developers and if i don't like it i uninstall it from my computer. That's what i did with the new versions of Photoshop and Dreamweaver (CS3).

:w:

wilberhum
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

I am also a web designer/developer, what i do is, i download a cracked version of the software to test if everything is okay or not and what kind of functions there are. If i like it, i purchase the software from the developers and if i don't like it i uninstall it from my computer. That's what i did with the new versions of Photoshop and Dreamweaver (CS3).

:w:
And you have no problem with theft?

NoName55
12-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Punishment for theft in Islaam is what? someone care to enlighten lil ole me (because according to few mods I "have almost no knowledge in Islam at all").

As far as I know theft is prohibited by all three Abrahamic faiths

m102313
12-16-2007, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
And you have no problem with theft?
Well i do purchase the softwares, but i just download the cracked one to test for few days. I don't see a problem in that.

Woodrow
12-16-2007, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
Well i do purchase the softwares, but i just download the cracked one to test for few days. I don't see a problem in that.
Nearly every developer does provide fully functional trial versions that are normally good for 30 to 60 days. Why bother with an illegal version when a legal one that serves the same purpose is free?

I tried dreamweaver that way, and was happy than bought it.

Woodrow
12-23-2007, 11:23 PM
we will now continue on in peace with no personal arguments on public threads

Hussain
12-23-2007, 11:38 PM
sallam brother

from what you have wrote personally i think it is wrong what you do i know its alot of money to buy software programs ect. i think its all down to you only you can make that choice just pray to allah and inshallah he will show you guidence. if i was in your situation i would get another job on the side and use that money to buy your programs.in islam ive always learnt one thing if you learn the hard way it is better for you you will benefit and also be gratefull.It does'nt matter to you what other non-muslim countrys are doing because we cant do anything the only thing we can do is pray to Allah and give charity to the poor. watever they are doing to the muslims it is happening for a reason if it was'nt then i dont think Almighty Allah would let it happen. If i have said anything wrong which tou took personally forgive im just trying to help.
w-salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.