/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving dawah

------
05-19-2007, 07:55 PM
:salamext:

I was outside a college, and this Christian girl was giving 'dawah' to this man. She was using the bible for reference and stuff, couldn't really hear cause I was standing a bit further down.

Anywayz after seeing her, I got so embarrased!!!!!! Christians knock on other people's doors every other day in UK to give 'dawah' but what about us Muslims?!

I was thinking us Muslims brothers and sisters should try our best to give dawah to non Muslims, sisters to women and brothers to men.

Whats ur thoughts on this, brothers and sisters?

P.S. Please vote in the poll Inshaa Allaah :)

EDIT: Inshaa Allaah, share any tips you have for giving dawah to non Muslims as well. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-19-2007, 07:57 PM
wat poll lol?

wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullah

yeah i thot about this, but i jus decided to not tick people off as that might chase them away lol, so weneva i mellow into a conversation with anyone islam always seems to come up.

they dont call me moses for no reason :| (even tho i dont deserve it :S :S :S)

------
05-19-2007, 07:58 PM

Poll is now added, Alhamdulillaah.

- Qatada -
05-19-2007, 08:00 PM

I've wanted something like that in our area.. insha Allaah some day hope to start something up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow mashaAllah sis mujahid4! This has been playing on my mind lately too. I live in a cul-de-sac and was thinking of giving dawah to the non muslims here. Only, as I live here and will be bumping into these folk regularly, I want to do it in the best way possible - a way which will not leave animosity in their hearts afterwards. Any tips will be most welcome inshaAllah.

- Qatada -
05-19-2007, 08:03 PM

This may be of some benefit insha Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...ips-ideas.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...your-area.html

Snowflake
05-19-2007, 08:12 PM
JazakAllah fi bro. Let's all make the effort inshaAllah.

I'd like to add that my maternal grandfather was a hindu revert, mashaAllah. He had 7 children, who in turn had approx 19, who in turn have 8 so far. That's roughly 27 muslims and more to come inshaAllah. And that's from one revert! Subhan'Allah. Doesn't it just wanna make you GIVE dawah?! :)

chacha_jalebi
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM
one advice, when givin dawah dont expect the person to convert asap, i used to think like that and get agitated + annoyd lik afta all the evidences how can you not believe:D Allah swt guides whom he wans. be patient and wallahi you wil see the ppl wantin to learn, and eventually accept
jus do what ya can, bust the odd joke, dont b all serious. get to know the ppl aswell, dont criticize them or theis belief :D jus b kool. and remem we are jus lik promoters, upto Allah (swt) to choose the entrants:D

beespreeteam
05-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Lol, make sure you do more good than harm.

There's those crazy Christians who hunt you down on the streets and annoy you so much lol.

Then you have awesome stuff like http://www.beespree.com ;)

Neighbours are a great place to start, by the way :)

Umm Yoosuf
05-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Personally I wouldn't go and knock on anyones door giving them Dawah, is that even permissible? Is like you're going there to force people to convert, your distracting them!

Sure I give dawah, if someone is interested, I'd tell them about Islam, if i see a non-muslim who comes to the Mosque or asks me about my Hijab, to my class mates, teachers its a duty. As a Muslim we convery the message not convert.

Snowflake
05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
True Chacha! I wouldn't expect anyone to convert.. just give dawah and let them decide inshaAllah.

Al-Mu'minah sis, I dunno if door-to-door is right or not, but isn't that ok with neighbours at least? Or maybe inviting them over for a dawah tea party might be better? Just females that is? :?

cal
05-27-2007, 04:04 PM
well im from chicago so its like we.'re like the top city for sending ppl to jamats and converting in the usa we give dah'wah all the time. Its pretty easy just talk about islam basics give little hadith and stories and more then half of the time they will come with you to the mosque to prayer and listen to people. And start going regulary so its a important essential to give duh'wah and a reward is outstanding with it to. Its in the 6points the 6th point is giving dah'wuh to a muslim brother or non muslim. What if the person converts and is better then you or the muslim prays becomes more like knowledgeble then you so when judgement day comes you will get a reward for his doings. SO i think we should give dah'wuh to ppl all the time when we have that time inshallah.

Strzelecki
05-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Trust me, it's a lot better to be passive and let people find their own way than to force things upon people.
It's one thing to question and another to command.

The people who go door to door just annoy the [explitive] out of most people. You can't expect people to think "Wow, that makes sense...I'm gonna convert" instantly regarding ANY religion and expect a conversion straight away. It needs to sit for a while. They would most definitely need some time to ponder.

- Qatada -
05-27-2007, 04:34 PM

We also have to remember that its simply our duty to convey the message clearly, and then we pray to Allaah for their guidance. :)

S_87
05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Personally I wouldn't go and knock on anyones door giving them Dawah, is that even permissible? Is like you're going there to force people to convert, your distracting them!

:sl:

the message wouldnt be to convert the person on the spot but rather open their minds to start thinking about islam or ask any questions they may have.

------
02-08-2008, 08:19 PM

*bump

Danah
02-08-2008, 08:36 PM
well I do but electronically....I dont know how to do it physically, or I can say there are no non muslims in my area.
so its kind of difficult.

Noora
02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
dahwah is very important in islam, however you have to be careful how its done, especially in the west where some people views are negative and you might be considered a "terrorist" as a lot of people think islam=terrorism....I think muslims should be an example to non muslims. How you behave in public is the biggest form of dahwah, especially if you are a woman in hijab. What made a lot of people revert to islam in the prophets(PBUH) is his mannerisms and how he treated people. I hate to say this but how many times how you seen the way muslims behave in public and how ashamed you feel about them esp when its clear to people they are muslims. many non muslims see this behaviour and think, if thats what islam teaches then who wants to be one. Each muslim is the flag for ISLAM. As a muslim i think you should do DAHWAH for muslims first by correcting their wrongs and informing them of whats right and wrong in islam first so that they represent Islam correctly.
Having said that if you find that you cant physically do dahwah their are organisations you can donate money to for them to do dahwah on your behalf as these organisations do this constantly and need funds to keep them going.
For example we pay an Islamic organisations money every year so that they can draw up phamplets and hand them out to interested people to learn about basics in Islam etc etc..

Of course always answer people queries in a positive way and educate yourself about Islam so that when you are asked about Islam, you are properly informed.
Allah knows best...

Anisa19
02-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Asalaamu Alaaikum

I tried pamphlets once, it didn't work too well.

But that was with a few people, and my shyness got in the way of [my] speaking, lol. I'm not the greatest public speaker!

So insha'Allah i hope to do more, with bigger groups and other creative ideas (besides pamphlets).
Edit: Onine dawah counts? If so, then yes, i try do as much dawah as I can online....
To non muslims and muslims...
Wa'alaykum Asalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.