/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer, unconciousness/concentration

AnonymousPoster
05-20-2007, 12:08 PM
:sl:

When praying I drift into phases of unconciousness even though I do my best in the beginning to focus. Majority of times I only regain conciousness in the last rakah, and at that time I spend the rakah feeling angry and guilty that I spent 3/4 of prayer saying nothing. So by the end of the prayer i feel even more heart-broken because i wasted the last rakah feeling annoyed rather than actually praying.

When i say unconciousness, i mean it. I don't remember anything that happened during the phase, I can't remember whether I said anything or not, I can't even recall what i was thinking about (or whether I was thinking about anything at all).

When i pray qiyam or sunnah (other than the sunnah's related to the obligatory prayers), usually I pray almost perfectly with near full khushoo.

Help. Please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
05-20-2007, 05:21 PM
:( that must be awful.. but inshaAllah it's nothing that can't be fixed. I think you should see a scholar to rule out any jinn activity. I don't see what else could be causing this.

Plz read this link inshaAllah: http://www.islamawareness.net/Jinn/fatwa_comrade.html

extinction
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Jinns? Its normal for people to wander off in their own minds while praying...psychology has a simple answer..daydreaming,.. you just lose sorta focusness and your movements are all trained (Motor Movements) sorta like when you are driving but you arent thinking about turning or using your signal or where you are going but you are doing it all without even realizing..and your mind is totally somewhere else...

Snowflake
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
When i say unconciousness, i mean it. I don't remember anything that happened during the phase, I can't remember whether I said anything or not, I can't even recall what i was thinking about (or whether I was thinking about anything at all).
that sounds more than mere daydreaming to me - it could be jinns preventing the sis/bro from praying :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
05-20-2007, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
that sounds more than mere daydreaming to me - it could be jinns preventing the sis/bro from praying :-\
that happens to me all the time in school or when im driving im like totally zoomed out thinking about who knows what...but im perfectly functioning...not hitting anyone and am able to get home without missing a turn..if i was to get home and someone asked me what were you thinking about while driving id be like...who knows...randomness....

جوري
05-21-2007, 12:15 AM
:sl: Akhi or ukhty
I find it rather curious what you describe sounds like "Absence seizure"-- but given your age, I say it is highly unlikely... I think you should check this out professionally... if this happens to you only during prayer, then I believe there is a psychological aspect to it, that you need to be working on.. but if it happens any time during the day, then I'd say it is more pathological than psycho-pathological... should give us more history about this... I'd be interested in more details of these episodes..
:w:

HBot 5000
05-21-2007, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

When praying I drift into phases of unconciousness even though I do my best in the beginning to focus. Majority of times I only regain conciousness in the last rakah, and at that time I spend the rakah feeling angry and guilty that I spent 3/4 of prayer saying nothing. So by the end of the prayer i feel even more heart-broken because i wasted the last rakah feeling annoyed rather than actually praying.

When i pray qiyam or sunnah (other than the sunnah's related to the obligatory prayers), usually I pray almost perfectly with near full khushoo.

Help. Please.

This happens to me sometimes. I think its shaytaan trying to distract you/me. So what i do before i start prayer is mentally prepare by knowing exactly the reason i am preforming my salat and knowing that the great deceiver is my enemy. :thumbs_up

:w:

tryinghard
07-18-2007, 04:26 AM
I also have trouble concentrating while praying. My mind wanders almost every prayer, even though I start each salat by reminding myself why I'm praying and to whom I'm praying. But at the end of the prayer, I feel horrible, because part of it was distracted and I get mad at myself because while I'm able to concentrate on other things, I have trouble focusing for just fifteen minutes on prayer. I guess I'm wondering how I forget my worldly concerns when I begin prayer?

anonymous
07-18-2007, 04:40 AM
wow!! thats like me!!! i feel really bad too. im like if im gonna spent time standing up, i might as well as make it useful. soon i find my self thhnking about anything but the prayer. i get mad at my self because i can do other things with perfect concentration, annd not worry about thins or that. but noooo, prayer has to be different.

Yanal
07-23-2007, 01:04 AM
:sl: :sl:
Well brother that happens to me some times also but it is the shyataan sometimes i even forget if i i prayed this or i set the right itention so don't worry just pray to Allah(Swt) that you don't daydream while praying ok that is all i have to say :w: :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.