/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Walkers Smokey Bacon Flavour Crisps

tasha>farah
05-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Would it be wrong to eat walkers smokey bacon crisps even though they are suitable for vegetarians?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
00:00
05-21-2007, 11:09 AM
If its suitable for vegetarians than why would it be wrong to eat them.

Snowflake
05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
well technically they are halal. But due to the flavour and name of something that is haram and to not get accustomed to the taste, it'd be best if they were avoided. I mean psychologically & artificially, you're still tasting pig, if you know what I mean.

HBot 5000
05-21-2007, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasha>farah
Would it be wrong to eat walkers smokey bacon crisps even though they are suitable for vegetarians?
:sl:

I'd be very surprised if their is any bacon in them :skeleton: Just to be on the safe side i would'nt eat them.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LFC
05-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Smokey Bacon? Disgusting name, I'd stay away from them even if they were suitable for veggies.

mohammed farah
05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
It probably has the smell of smoke with the taste of bacon:D

Woodrow
05-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Enough smoke flavoring will make anything taste like bacon. Smoked anchovies taste more like bacon than bacon does. I believe Walkers would attract a larger market if they simply called them "Hickory Smoked Crisps."

Maarya
05-21-2007, 03:44 PM

i wouldnt eat them due to the name - it just puts you off!

i wouldnt count on things that are 'suitable for vegetarians' to be halaal. my mum once brought a packet of vegetables with rice (frozen). you would assume that this was halaal or even suitable for vegetarians, but she had this feeling about them so she rang up 'Birds Eye' and asked them and they said no, this is not suitable for vegetarians because it has chicken stock in it.

also, kelloggs have 'halaal' written on their cereals, and some cereals are suitable for vegetarians but not halaal.

so dnt assume somthing's halaal if its vegetarian.

Fishman
05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Smokey bacon crisps taste nothing like real bacon. They just have a generic kind of meat flavour to them.
:w:

Kittygyal
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Salamualikum.
^ True i agree with Fishy, indeed 'real bacon' is well different and tastes different to the crisps that you guys are on about.
I would suggest to go and ask a scholar about this issue instead of getting opinions of net.
Ma'assalama

barney
05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
The flavoring has never seen a Pig,-its just chemicals. The cooking oil if its vegetarian,should be ok.

Yum.

E'jaazi
05-22-2007, 04:07 AM
If there is nothing haram in them, then they should be okay. Just because it has a bacon flavor shouldn't change your mind. We eat bacon - turkey bacon and beef bacon. The same goes for scrapple and sausage.

Snowflake
05-22-2007, 08:53 AM
yes, technically bacon flavour crisps are halal. But why would anyone want to eat something that tastes like something that is impure?

Malaikah
05-22-2007, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
yes, technically bacon flavour crisps are halal. But why would anyone want to eat something that tastes like something that is impure?

Because apparently it doesn't taste like it at all lol.

I wouldn't try it though. the name is a turn off. If tehy re-named it to Walkers Smokey Apple Flavour Crisps then I would probably try it. :p

What's in a name? A Rose by another name would smell as sweet -Shakespeare

Snowflake
05-22-2007, 11:47 AM
^yeah but those of us who haven't tasted real bacon would believe it tastes just like it lol

I once served chips & fried eggs to some english friends, and they told me the yolk tastes like bacon lol :confused:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-22-2007, 11:54 AM
im not really sure but the flavor is quite the put off i must say

rania2820
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM

not all bacon is haraam. there is beef and turkey bacon available to eat.bacon doesn't just come in pork

and by the way, why is this in the cyber counselling section?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.