/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when non muslim people die..

noahs_arc
05-20-2007, 06:25 PM
:sl:

in my lifetime i would say i have had around 7 people pass away. out of these i would say 3 have affected me strongly. one was the death of a non muslim. when it happened we were 15 and i was not 'into' praying. when i pray now i make dua for all the deceased people. is it ok to make dua for my non muslim friend? i know that they were cremated.:-[

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-21-2007, 10:56 AM
:salamext:

Abu Talib’s Death:
In Rajab, the tenth year of the Prophethood, Abu Talib fell ill and passed away, six months after leaving the confinement at Ash-Sh‘ib. In another version, Abu Talib breathed his last in Ramadan, three days prior to the death of Khadijah (RA). On the authority of Al-Musaiyab, when Abu Talib was on the death bed, the Prophet

entered the room where he saw Abu Jahl and ‘Abdullah bin Abi Omaiyah. He requested his uncle: "My uncle, you just make a profession that there is no true god but Allâh, and I will bear testimony before Allâh (of your being a believer)".

Abu Jahl and ‘Abdullah bin Abi Omaiyah addressing him said: "Abu Talib, would you abandon the religion of ‘Abdul-Muttalib?" The Messenger of Allâh

constantly requested him (to accept his offer), and (on the other hand) was repeated the same statement (of Abu Jahl and ‘Abdullah bin Abi Omaiyah) — till Abu Talib gave his final decision and he stuck to the religion of ‘Abdul-Muttalib and refused to profess that there is no true god but Allâh. Upon this the Messenger of Allâh

remarked: "By Allâh, I will persistently beg pardon for you till I am forbidden to do so (by Allâh)".

It was then that Allâh, the Magnificent and Glorious revealed this verse:

"It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allâh’s forgiveness for the Mushrikûn (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh) even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)." [9:113]

And it was said to the Messenger of Allâh

: "Verily! You (O Muhammad

) guide not whom you like." [28:56]

It goes without saying that Abu Talib was very much attached to Muhammad

. For forty years, Abu Talib had been the faithful friend — the prop of his childhood, the guardian of his youth and in later life a very tower of defense. The sacrifices to which Abu Talib exposed himself and his family for the sake of his nephew, while yet incredulous of his mission, stamp his character as singularly noble and unselfish. The Prophet

did his best to persuade his octogenarian uncle to make profession of the true faith, but he remained obdurate and stuck to the paganism of his forefathers, and thus could not achieve complete success. Al-‘Abbas bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib narrated that he said to the Prophet

"You have not been of any avail to your uncle (Abu Talib) (though) by Allâh, he used to protect you and get angry on your behalf." The Prophet

said: "He is in a shallow fire, and had it not been for me, he would have been at the bottom of the (Hell) Fire."

Abu Sa‘id Al-Khudri narrated that he heard the Prophet

say, when the mention of his uncle was made, "I hope that my intercession may avail him, and he be placed in a shallow fire that rises up only to his heels."

SOURCE

Rafeeq
05-25-2007, 08:45 PM
i think u can pray for the health of a deseased non muslim but can not for a passed away one.
Allah know the best

Rafeeq
05-25-2007, 08:53 PM
jazakallah khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SH_ST
05-26-2007, 10:57 AM
I think Fi_Sabillillah said it all =D Jazak Allah alkhair.

But what about praying for a non-muslim, as stated by rafeeq, for health, success or so? and to become a muslim (for their hiddayah)?

AvarAllahNoor
05-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Pray for the well being of all humanity. No higher act exists!

ummzayd
05-26-2007, 12:49 PM

I believe there is a difference between asking for forgiveness for the kuffar (which is forbidden as evidenced by qur'an), and asking for Mercy.

In addition, truly the uncle of the Prophet pbuh was given maximum opportunity to follow guidance, living in the times he did and witnessing what he witnessed. can we say the same for everyone who dies a 'non-Muslim'? for example, my mother who never knew a single thing about Islam in her life (as far as I am aware), or a single ayah of qur'an - in fact I don't think she even knew there was such a thing as a qur'an.

Snowflake
05-28-2007, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummzayd

I believe there is a difference between asking for forgiveness for the kuffar (which is forbidden as evidenced by qur'an), and asking for Mercy.

In addition, truly the uncle of the Prophet pbuh was given maximum opportunity to follow guidance, living in the times he did and witnessing what he witnessed. can we say the same for everyone who dies a 'non-Muslim'? for example, my mother who never knew a single thing about Islam in her life (as far as I am aware), or a single ayah of qur'an - in fact I don't think she even knew there was such a thing as a qur'an.

Dear sis Ummzayd,

I don't believe that we can say the same for everyone. Allah will punish the rejectors of the Truth. But, inshaAllah, there is no question of rejecting if one hasn't heard of it in the first place. Also it might feel good for you to know that when Allah divided Mercy, he gave 1 part to the whole World and kept 99 for Himself. This one part is the compassion all creatures on the earth feel for each other, hence compared to that Allah's Mercy is immeasurable.

Allah subhana wa ta'ala says in the Quran:
"My mercy encompasses all things… "(Al-A`raf 7:156)

Then inshaAllah we shouldn't despair. :)

Ra`eesah
05-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

You should make dua for them when they are alive. After they die and they die in kufur, what dua will you make then? Mercy? Forgiveness? its all the same. You do not make it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.